Suzuki Burgman

AN650AL1, AN650L4, AN650L5, etc...

• Mileage 7,985 km
  • Fuel Efficiency
  • Comfort
  • Handling

Wonderfull Scooter.

2008 Burgman 650. Has cruise control fitted, tow bar, taller Givi screen, heated grips, Givi top box. Have done 40000 kms with no problems. Includes towing a trailer for 8000 kms to central Australia. Love the folding mirrors for lane splitting. The O/D gear in manual mode enables high speed economical cruising. Comfortable for pillion. Have kept up with big motorbikes in the twisties. It is heavy to manually move around. Love to have a reverse gear!
Hand brake a boon for parking. In all a very pleasurable vehicle.

Purchased in September 2013 for $8,500.00.

Throttle Tamer for the 2002 till 2012 Model

In my previous review I was complaining : Engine braking Power/ gear change when slowing down. After visiting a Forum Burgman 650 I came across " Throttle Tamer ".Installed it today and it works well. The abrupt slowing down is a lot better. Models are 2002 till 2012. It had to come from America and cost me AUD 175,- del. Money well spend... " G 2 Throttle Tamer " ( mine is a 2011 , 26000 Km )

Purchased in July 2019 for $6,000.00.

Not sure yet with my Burgman 650

Purchased in August 2019 for $5,800.00.

Munif C.

Munif C.Perth, WA

Had to buy it when very cheap way below retail..

Purchased in July 2019 for $2,000.00.

den

denSydney, NSW

Excellent scooter .. I’m loving it!!

I’ve burgman 200 2015: the reason I bought it:- it’s 200cc enough power for daily commute,- lower government charges (in Sydney,motorcycle less than 225cc has lower ctp n rego fees( cost you around $250 per annum for rego n ctp), - it has huge underneath storage: can accommodate 1 full face n one open face helmet.., - I bought it from new castle.. can easily maintain speed @ 110-115 km/ hour. .,the cons: all plastic, expensive to buy ( $57-6400 ride away), fuel economy around 25-27km per litre .. I highly recommend this scooter.. however it’s underrated..

Date PurchasedJan 2018
Algee

AlgeeWest Footscray

Best bike i have purchased

I recently picked up my Budgman 650L8. I have oened many bikes and scooters over the years but without a doubt the Burgman is tops.
The first thing I have noticed is how well balanced it is especially at low speed. I was expecting it hard to manoeuvre at low speed but the Burgman travels along with rase at slower than walking pace. I had s Harley Heritage before the Burgman and there was no way I could do such slow speeds with it. So far I can't fault it and I couldn't be happier. Once I have done more Ks on it i should be able to do a more in depth review.

Date PurchasedApr 2018

Star ship Burgman.

Date PurchasedMar 2018
skidz

skidz

So, it's not for you then?

Date PurchasedMar 2012
Fazzle

FazzleBelmont

Perfect ride

Can’t live with out it, save space when parking, really economic to run, looks beautiful and is very comfortable to ride. Saves space when parking at my apartment. Lovely colour which is a metallic white. Really economic when servicing. Can ride fairly long distance without being tired and wearing the right gear am snug as a bug.

Date PurchasedJuly 2017

Andy

Andy

Fantastic machine

As many I have suffered a medical condition and after taking the 2009 650 Burgman for a test ride I knew it was for me. After not riding for several years after owning a ex police LT 1100 BMW that was to high for me after suspension modification with a couple of embarrassing drops this scooter would out perform the BMW. I'm so happy with the Burgman, having 35000klm on it and a previous owner that looked after it my life has turned around. Would be great to catch up with other Burgman owners in Southeast Qld. Regards, Andy-Beaudesert, QLD

Date PurchasedJuly 2017
Clint B

Clint BQueensland

Im hooked not anymore lol

Date PurchasedMar 2017
Lew

LewBlounts Creek, NC 27814

Going on 8 years and like it more and more!

Date PurchasedAug 2009

I am flabbergasted...

Hi Guys. This is my third scooter. I've started late on Bolwell 125cc, then yamaha majesty 250 and now I ride burgman 650. All scoots second hand. I completely agree, superb ride although a bid too heavy. Reason I've decided to write here is Gazza's saying "I hate winters...". I did write a pm to him indicating a solution for Victorian winters. I would gladly meet with someone to exchange thoughts and experiences. Send me pm, I am in south east suberb. Regards to All.

Lenny T

Lenny TGold Coast

Two years of magic!!!

I have had heaps of bikes over 50 years and would rate the Burgy with the best. 38000 k's in 2 years on it and still looked and drove like new. Even in 2 horrific thunderstorms she came out a winner. If she was a woman I would marry her. If there is a fault with it I am yet to find out. I do most of the maintenance myself and find google, Burgman Forum and others a great source of information at my fingertips. All in all my Burgy is a winner to me and if anybody asks my opinion I don't hesitate to tell them about the Burgman 650.

Comfortable. Economical and pure joy to ride.

18 months down with 40,000 on the clock and the joy continues. 1000k days with ease and still step off feeling great and ready for more. Nimble in traffic with plenty of get up and go when required on the open road. 22k'/Ltr at 120 easy. Traded a GTR 1400 and I'm still smiling.

steve

steve

What A Top Ride

I bought a new 2015 Suzuki Burgman 650 matt gray (only one colour that year). I thought my Kymco 500 exciting was a good ride until I took this big mother for a test drive while my Kymco was getting service. I couldn't believe the way it handled around corners I wanted to find more, it is so well balanced. Having the mirrors on the front faring and not on the bars are a great advantage, it's big but it doesn't feel big until you take this machine on the highway that's when you get the looks as you fly along cruising at 120 kms (just a little over the speed limit) and there is more in the tank if you want to try (150 kms no problem). Love it!

Kevin

Kevinmelbourne

Suzuki Burgman Executive 650 A1+++

GazzaGippsland, VIC

Best scooter I have ever had !

I am so happy with this scoot! I had the Burgman 400cc a couple of years ago.
I am wondering if there are others out there who might enjoy a ride together - especially in Gippsland .
Its a bit frustrating that engine access is terrible - but Im not expecting to have to do anything.
I will sit back and enjoy . I have ordered a backrest [USA] and Laminar-lip [england].
Keeping the revs to under 4000 is a challenge ; I am not a speedster.But it will be great to sensibly 'open it up'.
Very clean straight forward lines - so easy to ride.

Tiny Tim
Tiny Tim
Gazza

I highly recommend the Laminar Lip for superb wind protection , the backrest [ I rode without it a while back- was very unpleasant ], and a simple plastic 'cruise' controller for $10.00.

Gazza

I now have the 650 cc. I have had it for a year or so. Its just such a sophisticated beast to ride. It looks totally harmless , but will take off and then cruise like a rocket . I hate winter though!

grell63

grell63Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Rolls-Royce of scooters...but a bugger to work on!

rixnrexTownsville, Queensland

King of the Scooters

Heaps of storage under seat. Electric mirrors. Electric screen. Twin headlights. 3 modes - Auto, Power, Manual.
The Auto is great for around town The Power is great for hills or when you need that little bit of extra power. The Manual is great for long rides as mine seems to use less fuel than on Auto. 2 Trip meters also calculate use. I'm averaging 19 litres per 100 k's at present. Seb at CMCC was excellent to deal with.
Seating, storage, trip meters, electric mirrors and windshield.
Left hand mirror is badly positioned.

johno
johno

19 litres per 100? What is it a mack truck???

Rix.56
Rix.56

Sorry Johno. I wrote it wrong. I meant 19 k's to a litre. I have since worked it out manually and it has been 22 k's per litre on average. That was averaged on a 3000+k ride around Tasmania.

rixnrex

A further update - although a very comfortable scooter, it is very heavy at nearly 300 kgs wet. I am about to switch to a Vulcan S 650 which is around 80 Kgs lighter.