4Suzuki Burgman

Handling

Chris
Chris

Wonderfull Scooter

2008 Burgman 650. Has cruise control fitted, tow bar, taller Givi screen, heated grips, Givi top box. Have done 40000 kms with no problems. Includes towing a trailer for 8000 kms to central Australia. Love the folding mirrors for lane splitting. The O/D gear in manual mode enables high speed economical cruising. Comfortable for pillion. Have kept up with big motorbikes in the twisties. It is heavy to manually move around. Love to have a reverse gear!
Hand brake a boon for parking. In all a very pleasurable vehicle. Show details
Norman Steffen29 posts

Throttle Tamer for the 2002 till 2012 Model

In my previous review I was complaining : Engine braking Power/ gear change when slowing down. After visiting a Forum Burgman 650 I came across " Throttle Tamer ".Installed it today and it works well. The abrupt slowing down is a lot better. Models are 2002 till 2012. It had to come from America and cost me AUD 175,- del. Money well spend... " G 2 Throttle Tamer " ( mine is a 2011 , 26000 Km ) Show details
Norman Steffen29 posts
Munif C.
Munif C.Perth, WA4 posts
den
denSydney, NSW25 posts
  UH200L5

Excellent scooter .. I’m loving it!!

I’ve burgman 200 2015: the reason I bought it:- it’s 200cc enough power for daily commute,- lower government charges (in Sydney,motorcycle less than 225cc has lower ctp n rego fees( cost you around $250 per annum for rego n ctp), - it has huge underneath storage: can accommodate 1 full face n one open face helmet.., - I bought it from new castle.. can easily maintain speed @ 110-115 km/ hour. .,the cons: all plastic, expensive to buy ( $57-6400 ride away), fuel economy around 25-27km per litre .. I highly recommend this scooter.. however it’s underrated..

Algee
AlgeeWest Footscray2 posts
  Burgman

Best bike i have purchased

I recently picked up my Budgman 650L8. I have oened many bikes and scooters over the years but without a doubt the Burgman is tops.

The first thing I have noticed is how well balanced it is especially at low speed. I was expecting it hard to manoeuvre at low speed but the Burgman travels along with rase at slower than walking pace. I had s Harley Heritage before the Burgman and there was no way I could do such slow speeds with it. So far I can't fault it and I couldn't be happier. Once I have done more Ks on it i should be able to do a more in depth review.

Watto
Watto
skidz
skidz15 posts
Fazzle
FazzleBelmont12 posts

Perfect ride

Can’t live with out it, save space when parking, really economic to run, looks beautiful and is very comfortable to ride. Saves space when parking at my apartment. Lovely colour which is a metallic white. Really economic when servicing. Can ride fairly long distance without being tired and wearing the right gear am snug as a bug.

Andy
Andy7 posts

Fantastic machine

As many I have suffered a medical condition and after taking the 2009 650 Burgman for a test ride I knew it was for me. After not riding for several years after owning a ex police LT 1100 BMW that was to high for me after suspension modification with a couple of embarrassing drops this scooter would out perform the BMW. I'm so happy with the Burgman, having 35000klm on it and a previous owner that looked after it my life has turned around. Would be great to catch up with other Burgman owners in Southeast Qld. Regards, Andy-Beaudesert, QLD

Aussie-wizzard
Aussie-wizzardQueensland88 posts
  Verified AN650L4
Lew
LewBlounts Creek, NC 27814
Longin
LonginAU4 posts

I am flabbergasted

Hi Guys. This is my third scooter. I've started late on Bolwell 125cc, then yamaha majesty 250 and now I ride burgman 650. All scoots second hand. I completely agree, superb ride although a bid too heavy. Reason I've decided to write here is Gazza's saying "I hate winters...". I did write a pm to him indicating a solution for Victorian winters. I would gladly meet with someone to exchange thoughts and experiences. Send me pm, I am in south east suberb. Regards to All.

Lenny T
Lenny TGold Coast12 posts

Two years of magic!!!

I have had heaps of bikes over 50 years and would rate the Burgy with the best. 38000 k's in 2 years on it and still looked and drove like new. Even in 2 horrific thunderstorms she came out a winner. If she was a woman I would marry her. If there is a fault with it I am yet to find out. I do most of the maintenance myself and find google, Burgman Forum and others a great source of information at my fingertips. All in all my Burgy is a winner to me and if anybody asks my opinion I don't hesitate to tell them about the Burgman 650.

Ken
Ken2 posts
  AN650AL1

Comfortable. Economical and pure joy to ride

18 months down with 40,000 on the clock and the joy continues. 1000k days with ease and still step off feeling great and ready for more. Nimble in traffic with plenty of get up and go when required on the open road. 22k'/Ltr at 120 easy. Traded a GTR 1400 and I'm still smiling.