Piaggio Zip 50 2T

Piaggio Zip 50 2T

See the Best Scooters in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Marty

Marty

DONT BUY A PIAGGIO TYPHOON 50 !!!!!!

Bought a Piaggio aaTyphoon 50 brand new from Sunstate motorcycles about 28th November 2018. Broke down several times and had to wait ages to restart after several brake downs bike was collected and looked at.. they refused to say there was a problem and i asked if they could keep for one more day to see if problem returned.. phoned me next day and said fuel pump defective...bike returned and today broke down again 4 times over a 4k ride home after work in the rain !!! This scooter is a piece of crap and im over it PIAGGIO have problems ???? Owned 2 Aprillia sr50s previously no drama but this Typhoon should be renamed the PIAGGIO LEMON 50... NOT HAPPY !!!!!! SHOULD HAVE BOUGHT A CHEAP CHINESE SCOOTER FOR RELIABILITY !!!!

Date PurchasedNov 2018

plumbossPerth, WA

Piaggio Typhoon 50cc

Quality machine to ride.
Excellent handling.
I have had it de-restricted professionally ($100) and it takes off and gets up to speed 70 Kph + really easily (I'm 105 Kg).
I previously had a 4 stroke 50cc scooter, and there is a huge difference in the quality of the build and the ride.
I can definitely recommend this scooter.
2014 Model. 500 Km. Cost $1500

Love it !!

Peak hour traffic in a car is just frustrating & annoying! On the Zip it's fun!! Cheap to own, cheap to run, easy and stable to ride. Looks gorgeous. Makes commuting to work cheap & easy. Parking is a breeze.
On the flat & without bad headwind I do 60k's with the rest of the traffic. Only complaint is that uphill it is about 45 & if I have to stop at a red light on a hill I can't get over 30k's for the rest of the hill. Apart from that I love it !!

Best of the cathegory

Very good in final speed. It can reach up to 80 km / h in a decline terrain. The acceleration is not as good as others but the final speed impresses. I definitely recommend this scooter because of the power and the average petrol consumption. For cities like Brisbane is incredible indispensable vehicle.
Final Speed
Acceleration

ian

ianMid West, WA

piaggo zip 50 2t Okay Scooter

A very sporty and cool looking fun bike to ride. Not suitable for highway use but an excellent little commuter in a small country town. Costs next to nothing to own or run.
Clean, quite four stroke engine. Disk brake front end. Alloy wheels. Glove box. Running costs.
Both front & rear indicators allow water to enter in the rain or when washing.

A great little scooter for city commutes

Picked it up and straight away was very impressed with the scooter. Even at partial throttle, it seems faster and more powerful than my previous Chinese 50cc, easily getting to 55 kph with no effort at all. The ride is also as smooth if not better than my previous scooter.

The finish is excellent with no exposed cables around the dash like in the Chinese one. Good brakes and a comfortable ride overall. Most impressed
Value for money, seems powerful, smooth ride

This Scooter is Fantastic!

It runs smoothly and it picks up speed quickly (up to 70kms) which is awesome! [make sure to de-restrict the engine]. I love how it goes in the suburbs. I live in Perth, Australia and on the suburban streets its a perfect little scooter with great manoeuvrability. Zippy, Sporty, Smooth.
Speed, manoeuvrability, Piaggio is a great scooter brand,
where's the fuel gauge? You only know to fill it up when the Fuel light comes on

Cithrill

Cithrill

OK

This is a nice scooter if you are small built and 50cc engine won't help you in 70km zones etc.
Good brand, nice design
Small wheels

Josh76

Josh76asked

Hi I have a new ignition switch but not sure how it works ? Maybe a bit missing,it doesn't seem to click into the plastic button?

Adam

Adamasked

I FIll my fuel and oil to the maximum, will that be in the perfect ratio of fuel/oil for my piaggio zip?

Gary B

Gary Basked

Piaggio zip 50 4s 2006 model, cant get the ignition warning light and fuel light to work on start up. They are suppose to come on for 10s when you turn the key on? Any ideas???

I like toast

Bulb, fuse? Service with the source of purchase or other equally licensed mechanic. It will save you money in the long run.

Get an answer from our members and Piaggio representatives