Piaggio Zip 50 2T

Piaggio Zip 50 2T

See the Best Scooters in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Piaggio? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

4.1
  • Mileage 59 km
  • Acceleration / Power
  • Suspension
  • Fuel Efficiency
J Cebalo
J CebaloAlice Springs, NT

Italian design, Chinese crap. DO NOT BUY

2016 model, travelled 59 Kms. starts, runs for maybe 90 seconds - 2 minutes, then preforms like has run out of fuel. Carby has been overhauled, new, petcock valve fitted, enough spark to start a bulldozer,makes no difference will not run. Without reason will start and can be ridden to local shops, round trip 8 kms, no isssue. Then same isuue, startt runs few minutes then stops. Absolutely no after sale support, local dealer went out of business - wonder why??

Purchased in June 2016 for $2,200.00.

I like toastbrisbane

plumbossPerth, WA

Piaggio Typhoon 50cc

Quality machine to ride.
Excellent handling.
I have had it de-restricted professionally ($100) and it takes off and gets up to speed 70 Kph + really easily (I'm 105 Kg).
I previously had a 4 stroke 50cc scooter, and there is a huge difference in the quality of the build and the ride.
I can definitely recommend this scooter.
2014 Model. 500 Km. Cost $1500

Love it !!

Peak hour traffic in a car is just frustrating & annoying! On the Zip it's fun!! Cheap to own, cheap to run, easy and stable to ride. Looks gorgeous. Makes commuting to work cheap & easy. Parking is a breeze.
On the flat & without bad headwind I do 60k's with the rest of the traffic. Only complaint is that uphill it is about 45 & if I have to stop at a red light on a hill I can't get over 30k's for the rest of the hill. Apart from that I love it !!

Scooters

Find out how Piaggio Zip 50 2T compares to other Scooters

Best of the cathegory

Very good in final speed. It can reach up to 80 km / h in a decline terrain. The acceleration is not as good as others but the final speed impresses. I definitely recommend this scooter because of the power and the average petrol consumption. For cities like Brisbane is incredible indispensable vehicle.
Final Speed
Acceleration

ian
ianMid West, WA

piaggo zip 50 2t Okay Scooter

A very sporty and cool looking fun bike to ride. Not suitable for highway use but an excellent little commuter in a small country town. Costs next to nothing to own or run.
Clean, quite four stroke engine. Disk brake front end. Alloy wheels. Glove box. Running costs.
Both front & rear indicators allow water to enter in the rain or when washing.

A great little scooter for city commutes

Picked it up and straight away was very impressed with the scooter. Even at partial throttle, it seems faster and more powerful than my previous Chinese 50cc, easily getting to 55 kph with no effort at all. The ride is also as smooth if not better than my previous scooter.

The finish is excellent with no exposed cables around the dash like in the Chinese one. Good brakes and a comfortable ride overall. Most impressed
Value for money, seems powerful, smooth ride

Other Scooters

ScooterPie
ScooterPieAU

This Scooter is Fantastic!

It runs smoothly and it picks up speed quickly (up to 70kms) which is awesome! [make sure to de-restrict the engine]. I love how it goes in the suburbs. I live in Perth, Australia and on the suburban streets its a perfect little scooter with great manoeuvrability. Zippy, Sporty, Smooth.
Speed, manoeuvrability, Piaggio is a great scooter brand,
where's the fuel gauge? You only know to fill it up when the Fuel light comes on

Scooters

Find out how Piaggio Zip 50 2T compares to other Scooters

Cithrill
Cithrill

OK

This is a nice scooter if you are small built and 50cc engine won't help you in 70km zones etc.
Good brand, nice design