Lumina (Aldi) Electric Multifunction Food Grater

Lumina (Aldi) Electric Multifunction Food Grater

See the Best Automatic Food Mincers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

ElleT

ElleTBrisbane

Mushed and wouldn't grate

I tried it with cucumber, capsicum and carrot, and was incredibly disappointed with the results. It made a terrible mushed-up mess of the carrot and capsicum. I'll be returning it, it's clear the motor is just not powerful enough for the task it is meant to fulfill. Aldi products are usually quite good, this is a real let-down.

Poor quality motor, not strong enough for the job.

Yogi

YogiGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Cute little helper

This appliance is very light weight, but helpful. Doesn't work very fast and the 'On/Off' button needs to be pressed continuously while processing food, which is a bit disappointing. Have only used it twice (purchased today) to shred zucchini and carrots into neat ribbons. Easier than a standard grater, small to medium jobs.
Update: donated the appliance to Oppshop and got a proper food processor instead.
Price, compact size, easy to wash
You need to press On/Off button continuously, otherwise the motor stops.

sabella

sabella

Useful Little Gadget

kitty2000
kitty2000

Too hard to use
bought one & have now returned it for a refund. Couldn't get the cones in properly - or, if I did it mushed up anything I tried to grate. I eventually gave up & returned it - very disappointed.