Maginon (Aldi) Car Black Box

Maginon (Aldi) Car Black Box

See the Best Dash Cams in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Dee

DeeMelbourne, Victoria

Keep looking, this one isnt the one!

Purchased in December 2014 at ALDI Ferntree Gully for $79.00.

Readable Number PlatesNo
Car ModelKia Carnival VQ (2006-2011)
Features / Functions
Video Quality
Audio Quality
Night-Time Video Quality
Battery Life

Absolute RUBBISH!!!

I know it's cheap - but NO battery life at all. You can't even change the date and time. We bought 2 ... we may as well have thrown $70 in the trash. I love Aldi for the bargains - but I will NEVER buy a Special Buy AGAIN. Very disappointing!!!!!

Matthias

MatthiasMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

RUBBISH

This dash cam is rubbish. I have persevered with it for over 2 years. The battery decided to grow. I replaced it with a new one. The video quality is very poor. You can't read number plates. The camera will not hold the set date and time, and is not user friendly to reset. I am usually happy with Aldi products but they have stuffed up big time with this one.

Tim

TimWimmera, VIC

Value for money

Help centre where helpful in setting this up as the process is a little frustrating but we got there and now its working and has been for 6 months perfectly.God Bless Chinese made things : )

Okina

OkinaMaleny

Faulty battery

I found the camera on the floor in my car with battery cover off it and battery ballooned to twice the size. The battery pushed off the back and the whole camera went with it. Lucky I wasn't in the car at the time. Not happy at all with the product.

Don't touch it with a barge pole.

Steve

Steve

Junk

kangySydney, NSW

does the job BUT

the previous black box I had created a very detailed video, sadly this does not. It is impossible to read a number plate unless over 2 meters away, though the picture is okay and would be very helpfull in a accident if you need to have a record of something a few cars away like the number plates forget it.

kangy

that should read useless :)

Raj

RajSydney

Useless in less than 2 months

Sam

Sam

Not very good.

Although it works, the picture quality is very poor. You can't make out the license plate numbers of cars in front of you. The output file size of the video files is very large. No compression. Also the audio capture is not very good either. I would not recommend it.

Aldi crash cam Maginon branded

This is a good value camera for the price,and Aldi always take the item back if it proves to be unsatisfactory,
so it is a good buy,for the price.The mounting is easy and everything works as it should do and the picture when played back on the computer is reasonably good.

Achtlos

AchtlosCanberra 2600, ACT

Cheap and nasty

Cheap Dash cam, it does work and it does do what it says.

It's cheap construction and the operating system doesn't really match the button layout
Day time video quality is good and audio is good.

The mount is good and versatile but bulky.
It runs a nokia Li-ion battery that has a good life and could easily be replaced.

I'd get this on special if possible. It's worth about 30 dollars