Makita DCL180

Makita DCL180

Good stuff

I must have bought 3 or 4 cordless vacuum cleaners before I found this. Most of them are like toys-quite useless after several use as they lose suction power or effectiveness. Although not cheap, this vacuum cleaner actually works-after 6 months it still works like new.Bought it online from someone who bought several units for a business that did not materialise.
This vacuum cleaner is superb for cleaning cars and does not require charging until after 5-6 cleaning. It is bagless and the dust collector is easy to detach and clean

Date PurchasedJun 2018

Great little cordless vacuum.

This little battery powered vacuum stronger than you would expect and perfect for my tiled floors and mats. It is light and easy to use to remove the odd cobweb from walls and ceilings. It is super easy to empty. I would never go back to a heavy, awkward, unwieldy electric vac.

Date PurchasedMay 2017

Makita lives up to its reputation

When we searched for a new, lightweight cordless vacuum cleaner we thought of the "big models" (Like Dyson etc), but on review, we wanted something that carried good battery reliability, good branding and, flexibility.

On-site reviews led us to Makita DCL180

We purchased from Bunnings for under $79 (Minus batteries).

I own several Makita products (a heavy-duty trades-quality hammer drill and a trusty cordless drill [which comes with 2 batteries and a charger - the reason I didn't need to purchase any more batteries as my current drill batteries work very well with the DCL180) and they've all been faultless - quality oozes from these products.

The vacuum is very light and it works effortlessly for small clean up jobs in the living room and kitchen. Our preferred use is to clean up hair that's shed in the bathroom.

All up? Wonderful!

It's one of those purchases that I say to myself... "Why didn't I buy this years ago???"

OH! I MUST emphasise... this is ultra-lightweight. People with conditions like arthritis will love it.

Highly recommended!

Work very well, robust.

This portable vacuum cleaner is very light, effective and easy to empty. No bags required. Battery lasts well. A friend has one and we saw how good it is, so bought one for ourselves. Good for vacuuming up the floor crumbs around the table after the kids have eaten. We still have the heavy plug-in Dyson for spring cleaning, but looks like the portable will be used 80% of the time.

Date PurchasedJun 2018

Handy little vacuum for small jobs

For the money paid I was surprised at how well this little cordless vac works. I purchased it mainly to clean up around the kitchen so I did not have to drag the mains powered vac out for small clean ups. It has good suction is not too noisy or heavy and is well made for the price, I was surprised how well it worked on carpets as well as lino. The selling feature for me was the easily changed rechargeable battery which can be used with dozen's of Makita tools and the 3 year warranty, try renewing the battery on most other cordless vacuums it is not easy. I do not use it to vacuum the whole house it is only used for small clean ups which is what it is designed for. Run time is around 15 to 20 min on the small capacity 1.5 Ah battery which is fine for my usage, if you want longer buy a larger 3.0 Ah or 5.0 Ah battery. The dust canister and bag are easy to clean , the bag can also be washed with cold water.

Date PurchasedApr 2018

Perfect for day to day use!

The vacuum is great to use on a daily basis,
I have got two batteries, which come in handy when one of them runs out. Light in weight to carry around and use in the house, garage etc.
Easy to clean. Really easy to get the additional filters online or from certain shops.

Date PurchasedJun 2017

Great handy little thing

Not a bad price if you buy it during a promotion (one vacuum, a charger and a battery) Since my hubby works at a hardware store, we have the Makita combo kit. It works with all makita tools. With four kids, I love this because its so convenient, I like to keep my home clean as it gets messy so quick with crumbs hair etc. Its light, easy to maneuver, strong suction. Yes I have to empty it more often as I use it 7 times a day but i'm fine with that. The batteries I use are Makita 4.0Ah 18v and the 18v Lithium Ion battery. I'd say with the 4.0Ah battery, I recharge it after 5 days of use as I use it so much but its not even dead yet, just weak. Makita products I use are the other Makita vacuum, the portable fan and radio, angle grinder, the blower, edge trimmer, drill etc.. Makita fan right here!!

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

Surprised

I've been working at school doing maintenance and they bought a combo kit with all the power toys or so I thought. It sat on the shelf for a long time, until i realised it's true value. It's great for those light touch up jobs, move some lockers and make the carpet look good. Do some painting and it sucks up all the old paint that's been removed. It's my go to device now, not worth getting the corded backpack vacuum for those little touch up jobs.

Date PurchasedJul 2015

This product is truly the best since sliced bread!!

After a year of using it daily I am still so impressed that I want to get one each for my grown up children.
It's so easy to reach everywhere I cannot reach with my large vacuum cleaner and it weighs next to nothing.
I have hardwood floors, carpeted and loose rugs. The battery loads up within 20minutes and have good suction.
Even though it is not cheap, it is sooooo worth it!
Carole Venecourt

Date PurchasedDec 2016

A good small hand held vacuum

A lightweight small effective hand vacuum. I use this at home to clean the car and little spills I have when working at home. It does a great job with a light suction pressure (No worse than any other small hand vac but better than my last.) I have used it for over 1/2 an hour continuously on a 5 AH battery and it had discharged so little that the battery didn't even charge when put on the charger. The inbuilt charge gauge had not even moved on the battery.
A nice set of attachments and the flat surface attachment is smooth to use and didn't leave anything behind. I used this to vacuum my mattress during a sheet change and was pleasantly surprised at the containers contents.
PROS~ Quiet, good suction, good attachments and great price as a skin
CONS~ Not a HEPA type air filter, could use a crevice and brush attachment.