Makita DCL180

Makita DCL180

MPN: DCL180Z

Buying the best vacuum cleaner

Read now

• Product is used
  • Pet OwnerYes (2) · No (2)
  • Battery Life
Michael012

Michael012Melbourne

Very pleased so far

We have been using Makita cordless 'dust buster' units for around the house over many years. Bought this unit about 12 months ago and performance has been great. Easy to use and effective at small clean ups. Also easier to empty the dust bag than on previous models. Noise level reasonable. Battery recharging only takes about 20 min once a week. Very pleased so far!

Purchased in July 2019 at Sydney Tools for A$149.00.

Pet OwnerNo
Floor Type Carpet
Smoking Bristles

Smoking BristlesGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Great for price range

I’ve only had this for a few months but it was exactly what I was looking for. I’m a painter by trade and needed something compact for small clean ups. I use Makita tools and already own a few batteries. My batteries are 18v 5.0Ah and I can do a quick vacuum lap of my 4bdrm house a few times over before I need to recharge. I use on both carpeted and non carpeted floors and does a great job.

Purchased in March 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$89.00.

Pet OwnerYes
Floor Type Carpet, Linoleum, Tiles and Wood
Dmytry

DmytryGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Nice small vac

I've been using this small wireless vacuum cleaner for a few month.
Bought it in Bunnings. I've chosen this model mainly because I use Makita LXT tools thus I've got a few batteries to use with this vac.
I use it mainly to clean up spots as it is too small to vacuum the whole house.
Use it mostly on hardwood floor, and also on rugs and tiles.
The vac is light but quite powerful.
I use 3ah batteries, and battery life is good.
Filters are easily cleaned with water and soap.
I highly recommend this product

Purchased in December 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$69.00.

Pet OwnerYes
Floor Type Tiles and Wood
Handheld Vacuum Cleaners

Find out how Makita DCL180 compares to other Handheld Vacuum Cleaners

dikdanx

dikdanx

Only lasted two years

I used it for all household cleaning up of small things like dust or crumbs. The cleaner started losing power after around 20 months after purchase. It's now around 28-30 months old and has very little suction. The recharge button is working fine. Not good value for money and have disposed of it for another model

Pet OwnerNo
Floor Type Wood
StevenL

StevenLGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Good stuff

I must have bought 3 or 4 cordless vacuum cleaners before I found this. Most of them are like toys-quite useless after several use as they lose suction power or effectiveness. Although not cheap, this vacuum cleaner actually works-after 6 months it still works like new.Bought it online from someone who bought several units for a business that did not materialise.
This vacuum cleaner is superb for cleaning cars and does not require charging until after 5-6 cleaning. It is bagless and the dust collector is easy to detach and clean

zoeshipscat

zoeshipscatAU

Great little cordless vacuum.

This little battery powered vacuum stronger than you would expect and perfect for my tiled floors and mats. It is light and easy to use to remove the odd cobweb from walls and ceilings. It is super easy to empty. I would never go back to a heavy, awkward, unwieldy electric vac.

Date PurchasedMay 2017
TaffTas

TaffTasAU

Makita lives up to its reputation

Dereck

DereckPerth, WA

Work very well, robust.

This portable vacuum cleaner is very light, effective and easy to empty. No bags required. Battery lasts well. A friend has one and we saw how good it is, so bought one for ourselves. Good for vacuuming up the floor crumbs around the table after the kids have eaten. We still have the heavy plug-in Dyson for spring cleaning, but looks like the portable will be used 80% of the time.

Gordy

GordyIllawarra, NSW

Handy little vacuum for small jobs

Date PurchasedApr 2018
Handheld Vacuum Cleaners

Find out how Makita DCL180 compares to other Handheld Vacuum Cleaners

R S

R SMelbourne

Perfect for day to day use!

The vacuum is great to use on a daily basis,
I have got two batteries, which come in handy when one of them runs out. Light in weight to carry around and use in the house, garage etc.
Easy to clean. Really easy to get the additional filters online or from certain shops.

Date PurchasedJun 2017
myangelmydestiny

myangelmydestinySydney

Great handy little thing

Date PurchasedFeb 2017
Dan Dru

Dan DruMelbourne, Vic

Surprised

I've been working at school doing maintenance and they bought a combo kit with all the power toys or so I thought. It sat on the shelf for a long time, until i realised it's true value. It's great for those light touch up jobs, move some lockers and make the carpet look good. Do some painting and it sucks up all the old paint that's been removed. It's my go to device now, not worth getting the corded backpack vacuum for those little touch up jobs.

Date PurchasedJul 2015
Carole11

Carole11Auckland, New Zealand

This product is truly the best since sliced bread!!

After a year of using it daily I am still so impressed that I want to get one each for my grown up children.
It's so easy to reach everywhere I cannot reach with my large vacuum cleaner and it weighs next to nothing.
I have hardwood floors, carpeted and loose rugs. The battery loads up within 20minutes and have good suction.
Even though it is not cheap, it is sooooo worth it!
Carole Venecourt

Date PurchasedDec 2016
dazaspc

dazaspcSA, 5031

A good small hand held vacuum