Makita DMR200

Makita DMR200

2.0

BenGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

The audiophile’s choice

Purchased in March 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse for $139.00.

Ben

Still going strong and still love it!

Adam R.

Adam R.South East Queensland, QLD

Rubbish, don't do it

Hi, I've had my Makita DMR 200 for around a year. Goodish sound and although other people have criticized the Bluetooth I had no issues with mine (with i phone)

HOWEVER! for some unexplained reason, and without warning it just stopped working. No lights no response at all. New battery used, nothing I also tried the plug in charger it came with... still dead.
I went to Bunnings for warranty they said no you have to go to Makita and if you don't have the receipt don't bother turning up. I didn't have the receipt.
The DMR200 has had very little use as well, maby once a week for an hour or two only.
Fail.

Purchased in January 2018 at Bunnings Warehouse for $160.00.

Waste of time

I bought this so that when I'm out in the middle of nowhere and am unable to get a radio signal to my radio I can always listen to the radio via the internet using this Bluetooth speaker. It was a nice idea but the Bluetooth signal fails after a few minutes - guaranteed. The only way to use this speaker is to connect with an aux lead. What's the point in Bluetooth? May as well just advertise it as a speaker which connects to your phone.

Purchased in October 2018.

Portable Speakers

Find out how Makita DMR200 compares to other Portable Speakers

JoeWestern Australia

Good for indoors only

The lousy 10 watt speaker crackles when you turn the volume past 1/4. It has a nice sound, but not on a building site. Im going to try put a 30 watt speaker in mine. May as well just use the phone on its own. At least I can turn that up without distrortion.

Date PurchasedJan 2018
roger

rogerBuderim

Bluetooth range is terrible. Died in under 6 months.

rodney w.

rodney w.asked

I just bought this today 16.05.19 I have it on level 10 and it has a distinct sound like interference my phone is iPhone X and is less than half a meter away
Any ideas

Joe

Mate, this is distortion. The piddly 10w speaker gets to about 4 on my iphone before this happens. Worse on talk back radio. Bring it back for a refund. This is sub standard for a "building site" speaker and not up to Makita usuall standard. I have just spent $100AU on a AOMAIS GO which rated #1 on top 10 bluetooths (and the cheapest) It is a ripper. Loud, exceptional bass, fantastic stereo, and water & shockproof to boot. The sound compares to a bose or even my B&O active speakers. Worth every cent. This is what a Makita speaker SHOULD sound like.

Chris O.
Chris O.

Cheers Joe for the advice, I just purchased one (AOMAIS go) can't wait to test it on my building site

CategoryPortable Speakers