Makita DVC260Z

Makita DVC260Z

Useless

It is useless. It’s worse then their 18v stick vacuum cleaner. Makita has never made a good vacuum cleaner and they never will. I got a lot of makita tools. Most of them are decent but never the best. But they shouldn’t be making vacuums because they can’t.

Purchased in June 2018 at Sydney Tools for $429.00.

Noise Level
Product is used: Rarely
Pet OwnerYes
Floor Type Carpet, Tiles and Wood

Very Disappointed

I required a vacuum cleaner that I could vacuum around our swimming pool area and around our outside patio.
I had recently purchased Makita's DUB362Z 36V (18V x 2) Li-Ion Cordless Brushless Turbo Blower which is extremely impressive. I assumed their Makita DVC260Z 36V would be as impressive. I assumed wrong!

The Makita 36V (18Vx2) Mobile Brushless Backpack Vacuum comes with 2 vacuum power settings:

Setting 1: Extremely Low Suction
Setting 2: Very Low Suction

The dirt bag is NOT reusable. Why didn't they provide a zip for emptying? (You need to buy optional replacement bags) I need to replace the bag after every use. (around $4.50ea)

The floor tool is that small, it reminds me of a small child's toy. Cheap and nasty.

It has this ridiculous cord that hangs from the machine. At the end of the cord there are buttons for power on/off and to change the vacuum setting from Extremely Low up to Very Low. It also has an inbuilt torch light, who knows why? The cord is a stupid distraction.

Overall, very disappointing.