2.5

25% · 13 · 75%

Tim
TimGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC4 posts

Excellent lightweight drop saw

Used this drop saw for a sauna build so it needed to cut framing, lining boards and lots of mitres.
It never missed a beat and was easy to finely adjust to get 45 degree angles perfect.
Would definitely recommend. Show details
pjderooy
pjderooySydney, NSW5 posts

Inaccurate

Bought as a barely used second hand tool. Same as the previous two reviews. The saw does not cut accurately. Had to modify the guide just to be able to adjust it to get an accurate 90 deg cut. Have to mark out all other angles and align the saw to the mark in order to get an accurate cut. Not worthy of the Makita brand. Show details
Dan Johnson
Dan JohnsonSunshine Coast, QLD262 posts

Overpriced, inaccurate saw from Bunnings

This Makita saw (LS1017L) is a discontinued model, currently only carried by Bunnings. It's not shown on the Makita Australia website. It does not bevel to the right, unlike the model carried by all other tools stores (model LS1018L). But Bunnings charge about the same price anyway — go figure. Out of the box it was inaccurate, and when I adjusted the fence to make the 90° cut accurate, the 45° detent was inaccurate by a couple of degrees. So it would never be accurate (detents not correct, unfixable). Took it back to store, less enamored with Makita after this experience. Show details
Scott EdmondsAU3 posts

Thought My Eyes Were Failing Me

For the life of me I can not get a straight cuts from the LS1017L. I just wished I had done something about it a lot sooner then now but it's been the least of my worries with severe medical problems everything described in the first review applies here. My only hope is by writing a letter to Makita explain the situation and hope for the best, I will invite any of their representatives to come out and prove me wrong Used to have a lot of respect for the brand as I have a 10mm 240v drill and it has out performed a lot of other brands and is over 23 years old and still going strong.oh and this means the laser is out as well. Where I brought it shouldn't matter unless I have approval to return it.

Note mine is the LS1017L not the 18 as pictured