Makita LS1017L

Makita LS1017L

Overpriced, inaccurate saw from Bunnings

This Makita saw (LS1017L) is a discontinued model, currently only carried by Bunnings. It's not shown on the Makita Australia website. It does not bevel to the right, unlike the model carried by all other tools stores (model LS1018L). But Bunnings charge about the same price anyway — go figure. Out of the box it was inaccurate, and when I adjusted the fence to make the 90° cut accurate, the 45° detent was inaccurate by a couple of degrees. So it would never be accurate (detents not correct, unfixable). Took it back to store, less enamored with Makita after this experience.

Purchased in May 2019 for $498.00.

Thought My Eyes Were Failing Me

For the life of me I can not get a straight cuts from the LS1017L. I just wished I had done something about it a lot sooner then now but it's been the least of my worries with severe medical problems everything described in the first review applies here. My only hope is by writing a letter to Makita explain the situation and hope for the best, I will invite any of their representatives to come out and prove me wrong Used to have a lot of respect for the brand as I have a 10mm 240v drill and it has out performed a lot of other brands and is over 23 years old and still going strong.oh and this means the laser is out as well. Where I brought it shouldn't matter unless I have approval to return it.

Note mine is the LS1017L not the 18 as pictured