Martec Lifestyle DLS134 (Base)

See the Best Ceiling Fans in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Stay away from Martec fans

Absolute garbage, nothing but clicking and ticking noises from the get go, 6 months in one has stopped working..

Please stay away from this company, shoddy warranty and there customer service is about as good as there fans. .

Purchased in October 2018 for $178.00.

Noise Level
Power

Still great after 8 years

Some customers have not had a good experience so I thought I'd share mine. I bought 4 in 2011, 2 with the halogen light & 2 without. I installed them myself in our new house. They are the brushed aluminium models and even though we are right on the coast have no signs of corrosion at all. I give them a clean annually.

All 4 have run faultlessly for 8 years. I have had to replace 1 halogen bulb which blew. They are quiet, perfectly balanced & provide plenty of air movement. A balance kit was supplied but I did not need to use it. The motor is quiet and the plywood blades make a lot less noise than the equivalent aluminium blades. We rarely use the high speed, usually low and medium are sufficient. These just have the wall switch so no remote control which is one less complexity. I have too many remote controls anyway. I've just ordered 2 more (factory seconds) direct from Martec Clearance for just over half what I paid in 2011. I'll update this when the new ones have been running for a while.

Date PurchasedJan 2011
My 2 new (apparently factory seconds) fans have been installed and are running well. They were brand new in the box & I could not find a mark on anything. Running well, properly balanced and no noises.

Do your homework before purchase

Purchased 7 fans for my new home that was being build, I wish I had done reviews before hand.
I thought I was buying a quality item that should last. Unfortunately this is not the case.
When the fan is on 3 its hardly moving and the noises that come from the fan just scares me. I'm in the process of replacing all fans,

Date PurchasedSep 2012

crap product of the year

Absolutely terrible product these fans do not push out enough air and get electrical interference at certain times of night but by far the worst problem is the clicking noises they make.
We contacted martec and to get them fixed what a bloody joke we have had to chase up the electrician who installed them to get all of his details, take videos and many emails back and forth , two month later and still can not use our bedroom fan because its so out of balance and noisy .
All three different electician that have been sent out so far on waranty claims have said the same thing they are a bad product and that we will most likely be making further claims due to the fans loosing there speed hence pushing out even less air .
Safe yourself allot of stress and stay clear of this product and even better martec all together.
Crap product crap warranty.

Date PurchasedAug 2016

All 6 Fans are faulty

All six MARTEC ceiling fans I have bought through TWO electricians, are full of troubles. Noise, light interference ( frequency interference) in the middle of the night ...Over $1700 spent on these faulty Fans only to find out that their '4 season 'Model' have a remote control that does not allow a change of frequency. Their 'Lifestyle DLS 134 Model' has the same problems but the remote control allows the variation of frequency required, thus it is not covered by Warranty, so you have to spend $150 of your own money for an electrician to come and rectify, even though the fans were installed only the week before. The Company is not helpful at all, the 'switchboard' girls at Martec show complete ignorance ( eg; claim that you need to install the Fans on two separate circuits ... there is only ONE 'Light' circuit available in each apartment) and simply refuse to send a Technician to check. I read the reviews here and hope that you ALL take the matter with Fair Trading . This will ensure that others do not go through the same poor and very expensive exercise. I have two fights on my hands., one with the Electrician who supplied the Fans , was paid but has not rectified the problem, the other with Martec who claim they have a 2 year home warranty on those fans but refuse to honor their Warranty .

Do not make the same mistake ...

Strongly advise against anyone buy this fan (or dealing with Martec for that matter)
warrenty what is that ? happy to replace a busted led in the disk light. but when the fan just runs flatout and wont turn off everytime you turn the damn thing on, no sir that is fult of your wiring and a thing called "Ripple control" and that is not our issue the prodjcut if 100% in working condidtion. and if that isnt bad enough my room is a disco with the light strobing,

See all Martec Lifestyle Series reviews