Martec Lifestyle Series

See the Best Ceiling Fans in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

NandD W.

NandD W.South East Queensland, QLD

Martec should be called Muppets

Purchased in November 2018.

Noise Level
Power

Stay away from Martec fans

Absolute garbage, nothing but clicking and ticking noises from the get go, 6 months in one has stopped working..

Please stay away from this company, shoddy warranty and there customer service is about as good as there fans. .

Purchased in October 2018 for $178.00.

Noise Level

FlybyNSW, 2456

Still great after 8 years

Date PurchasedJan 2011
Flyby

My 2 new (apparently factory seconds) fans have been installed and are running well. They were brand new in the box & I could not find a mark on anything. Running well, properly balanced and no noises.

Very Happy

Got a bit worried after reading these reviews but the store I bought from said they sell 100s of these fans every month and rarely have any warranty calls. I am so happy i listened to the stores advice. They are quiet, have had no problems with the light (I like the 3 stage dimming) and are balanced perfectly.

Date PurchasedJul 2018

John S

Please heed the Negative reviews, disappointing Ceiling fan.

Date PurchasedAug 2018

I bought 3- Buy something else

Date PurchasedMay 2016

Dsal

DsalSydney

Great product, a few cons

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Worst fans on market.

I be very clear I purchased 3 Ceilin fans they are noise and worst fans on market.
Looks ok bad product must replace after one year do not by Martec will cost you money.
Customer service is bad they come to fix one and is worst than before newer again .

Date PurchasedMar 2017
J.M

J.MSydney

Terrible.... lasted one day

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Santha

SanthaMelbourne

Disappointing .. don't buy

This worked fine for the first three years.One month out of warranty the light stopped working.
According to consumer affairs Martec still have an obligation to repair or replace.
Martec refuses.
I requested that they supply the parts free of charge and I will wear the installation cost. I thought that was a fair compromise as it's probably the LED system which can be easily replaced. At cost price Martec would be out of pocket around or less than $20.
I will have to pay for an electrician to install.
Nup.
So if you want a fan and light that work for around three years then go for it.
I hope that when the light dies again it does in inside warranty ..
Very disappointing.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Jack

JackSydney

Terrible product

The model I bought was the one with 24w dimmable LED. The LED went off in one week. Terrible quality for a fixed light that I cannot replace easily. Called for a warranty service but was told they don’t cover DIY installation. Now I have to chuck the whole fan after just one week. Stay away with this brand.

Date PurchasedOct 2017
Adam

Adam

Great so far

I did read a bunch of reviews about the Martec lifestyle fans and decided not to buy based on the terrible reciews. I decided to buy a different brand, the Franco Urban fans, turns out, it’s just a rebranded Martec fan. When I was un boxing I panicked when I saw the Martec badge but the electrician was there so we continued with installation. So far the fans are great, very quiet, provide a lot of air flow and very bright (which is what we need). The electrician also mentioned that they felt very good build quality. So far we are happy with the purchase. Also, we purchased online in Adelelaide on a Monday afternoon and they were delivered 9am the next day, very impressed.

Date PurchasedNov 2017
Paul

Paul

Worst product

Purchased four of these in 2014.

1 x replaced under warranty within two months of install - quite the debacle which took 2 months of complaints and Consumers Affairs being involved.
2 x wobble like crazy when on...
2 x tick loudly when in use... (was told they need to warm up and that it'd go away in a few weeks...)
1 x no longer changes speed. Unfortunately we're out of warranty now by two months. Martec not sending out a technician but have offered to send out a replacement control mechanism which 'might' be the problem.

We foolishly bought a number of martec lights at the same time... they too are shizen, with the ballast in one blowing within two months.

Date PurchasedJun 2014

Poor product no service

Date PurchasedMay 2016

SMK

SMKBrisbane

Do your homework before purchase

Purchased 7 fans for my new home that was being build, I wish I had done reviews before hand.
I thought I was buying a quality item that should last. Unfortunately this is not the case.
When the fan is on 3 its hardly moving and the noises that come from the fan just scares me. I'm in the process of replacing all fans,

Date PurchasedSep 2012

crap product of the year

Date PurchasedAug 2016