Masport Crossjet

• Wet / Damp Grass Performance
  • Turning
Dan

DanPerth, WA

OK machine terrible parts service

Product is usedOccasionally
Functionality
Hill / Slope Performance
Safety
Noise Level
Wet / Damp Grass Performance
Turning

GavinOakleigh, Whangarei.

Good machine, but not as good as videos

Date PurchasedNov 2016
Hard out

Hard outNorth West Nelson

Hard out little mower

We purchased this mower about 4yrs ago and use it to mow 3 sites we look after and anything that a mower will not do gorse rocks scrub to date we have done 1100 hrs there have been some general maint problems blades cross bar main blade shaft bearings front wheel bearings this was all after 500 hrs + a few belts all to be expected this is one tough little work horse we are very happy with NOTE we are very fussy with our maint oils greasing checking all mech stuff.

Date PurchasedJan 2013

A very impressive machine

Drew

DrewPalmerston, NT

Not bad at all

Personally i,d like a bit more Horse Power but thats just me i like lots of horses better too many than not enough. I am sure if i tried hard enough i could bend it, break it, bog it cause every machine has limitations get to know what they are and this machine will do most things for you, better than some not as good as others but compare price to what it,ll do. Overall thus far i am happy with machine
Sloping overgrown suburban blocks with very tall grass No probs.
just a personal thing but power steer would be nice :-)

makk

makkgeorgica

amazing machine

LandownerCoffs Harbour

A Robust and Capable Machine

Piha Farmer

Agree with your review. Good machine. The seating is close, but I managed to modify the stop position to get another 50 mm that makes a big difference in terms of knee room.

Viva Farm

Viva FarmBroadford

Strong and efficient

This is a great mower with an engine that is smooth and unstoppable. It eats up bracken and blackberries without missing a beat. Mine has been completely reliable and has held up really well to some pretty tough conditions.
The only thing I can fault is that the seat position is a little cramped for a tall person (I'm 6'1") and the turning circle is a little wide, but maneuverability is so good you soon get used to how to get around.
Strong engine, capable and unstoppable
Slightly cramped seating if you are tall

This is a great mower

Ride-On Mowers

Find out how Masport Crossjet compares to other Ride-On Mowers

Robbo3057New South Wales

Don't Buy This Mower!

alkaline
alkaline

Have you considered the AS MOTOR Sherpa 940 4wd all terrain ride on brush cutter?

Landowner

What mechanical problems have you had? I have a Crossjet and it's reliable and well built. What model do you have?

Michael V.

Michael V.asked

Crossjet 4WD

I have Goliath 110HD 4x4 mower, after using this am now find that cutting deck no longer functioning? Engine running normal, no burning odor etc .

Landownerasked

Crossjet

I have a question about changing the hydrostatic transmission oil in my Crossjet 4x4 for anyone who has done it. How much dissembling of the machine did you have to do to get to the rear transaxle oil filter and filler points? Access to the front one seems OK but the rear one looks very tight. BTW I have the Masport instructions and am OK on the rest of it. But wondering how necessary it is to reset the front wheel revolution speed as outlined.

KeninFranceasked

Crossjet

I have a MasPort Crossjet here in France and have been trying to obtain a deck drive belt [534488] without success.
I can get one in Australia, but the shipping & duty will make that expensive.
I'm prepared to do this, but first I need to check that I've got the right part, as my user manual gives no belt details.
Can anyone confirm the size of this belt, which I can than compare with the existing snapped one.

Gavin

I have never, as yet, had to replace one, so had a look in my manual no size mentioned in that either which is pretty slack. Sorry can't help you with the length, but did try. Regards.

Hi Gavin,
Thanks for that. It's a bit of a bummer, 'cos it's otherwise a great machine.
Masport just say 'take it to a dealer' but that's so impractical and I would have thought it's the same in Australia for many people..
It appears to be sold around the world under many differenr names, but all say the same and do not give belt sizes.
Can't find any other manufacturer that does this and don't have this problem with my John Deere.

Regards, Ken

Landowner

If you take the broken belt to an engineering supplies shop, they should be able to match it. Alternatively, you could try contacting the Seco factory in the Czech Republic that makes these machines: https://www.secoindustries.cz/en/ . Their Crossjet page: https://www.seco-traktory.cz/traktor/8/crossjet-sc-92-23-4x4 . I bought a new belt for mine a while back from Masport and it is a better belt than the one the machine came with. The original one was just an ordinary V-belt like you'd get from an engineering supplier. The new one looks like a custom job. It's better, but the old one was OK too.

Compare both Masport Crossjet
Transmission TypeHydrostaticHydrostatic
Horsepower20 hp23 hp
Max Speed8.8 km/hr8.8 km/hr
Reverse Speed7.9 km/hr7.9 km/hr
Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)2 year(s)
Engine / Motor
Engine NameBriggs & Stratton Vanguard 20 HP 2-Cylinder EngineBriggs & Stratton Vanguard 23 HP 2-Cylinder Engine
BrandVanguardVanguard