Masport Crossjet

Masport Crossjet

4WD, 2WD

GavinOakleigh, Whangarei.

Good machine, but not as good as videos

Date PurchasedNov 2016

Hard out

Hard outNorth West Nelson

Hard out little mower

We purchased this mower about 4yrs ago and use it to mow 3 sites we look after and anything that a mower will not do gorse rocks scrub to date we have done 1100 hrs there have been some general maint problems blades cross bar main blade shaft bearings front wheel bearings this was all after 500 hrs + a few belts all to be expected this is one tough little work horse we are very happy with NOTE we are very fussy with our maint oils greasing checking all mech stuff.

Date PurchasedJan 2013

A very impressive machine

Drew

DrewCasuarina

Not bad at all

Personally i,d like a bit more Horse Power but thats just me i like lots of horses better too many than not enough. I am sure if i tried hard enough i could bend it, break it, bog it cause every machine has limitations get to know what they are and this machine will do most things for you, better than some not as good as others but compare price to what it,ll do. Overall thus far i am happy with machine
    Sloping overgrown suburban blocks with very tall grass No probs.
    just a personal thing but power steer would be nice :-)

makk

makkgeorgica

amazing machine

LandownerCoffs Harbour

A Robust and Capable Machine

Piha Farmer

Agree with your review. Good machine. The seating is close, but I managed to modify the stop position to get another 50 mm that makes a big difference in terms of knee room.

Viva Farm

Viva FarmBroadford

Strong and efficient

This is a great mower with an engine that is smooth and unstoppable. It eats up bracken and blackberries without missing a beat. Mine has been completely reliable and has held up really well to some pretty tough conditions.
    The only thing I can fault is that the seat position is a little cramped for a tall person (I'm 6'1") and the turning circle is a little wide, but maneuverability is so good you soon get used to how to get around.
    Strong engine, capable and unstoppable
    Slightly cramped seating if you are tall

This is a great mower

Robbo3057Northern NSW

Don't Buy This Mower!

alkaline
    alkaline

Have you considered the AS MOTOR Sherpa 940 4wd all terrain ride on brush cutter?

Landowner

What mechanical problems have you had? I have a Crossjet and it's reliable and well built. What model do you have?

Zac Johnsonasked

will the crossjet fit in a 6x4 trailer if the front and rear trailer panels are down?
    or even fit in a duel cab ute tub with the tailgate down and the crossjet front or rear tyres on the tailgate.

Gavin

It fits on my single cab ute with a little space left, not too sure about a double cab though or a 6x4 trailer. If you are buying one the seller should deliver it free of charge, after all they are expensive enough. If you are hiring one they should know the dimensions of the machine.

Zac Johnson

thanks, yeh, I will actually be using it commercially taking it from job to job.

Ray

Rayasked

Hello All - I’m trying to find a unit that will work on a sand island In QLD Australia I have a 1 acre block that is a bit sloping but some areas are open sand - then a lot of not thick thistle- I am sure it will handle the Bush - but does anybody have experience with it transversing sand? Also can you Disengage the blades when driving? Cheers Ray

Gavin

Yes the blades can be disengaged when driving and should be able to handle driving on sand being 4wd. I would recommend you get the dealer to bring it out to your place for a trial to see what it can and can't do. Personally I wish I had done this before I bought it because if I had I wouldn't have bought it. Unlike the videos mine does struggle on long grass, is uncomfortable after a period in the seat and knows how to use fuel when working hard. There are other options to consider like the sherpa or the Grillo so take your time and buy wisely.

Pieter J.

Pieter J.asked

I have the Masport Goliath with a mulching deck. The blades won't engage when I pull the switch. The pulley is not spinning. Where do I start?

Gavin

Sorry I have no idea with a Goliath. I have a crossjet. Stupid question have you tried Google?

Get an answer from our members and Masport representatives

Download manual