Masport Crossjet

• Turning
  • Wet / Damp Grass Performance
Dan

DanPerth, WA

OK machine terrible parts service

Product is used Occasionally
Functionality
Hill / Slope Performance
Turning
Noise Level
Safety
Wet / Damp Grass Performance

GavinOakleigh, Whangarei.

Good machine, but not as good as videos

Date PurchasedNov 2016
Hard out

Hard outNorth West Nelson

Hard out little mower

We purchased this mower about 4yrs ago and use it to mow 3 sites we look after and anything that a mower will not do gorse rocks scrub to date we have done 1100 hrs there have been some general maint problems blades cross bar main blade shaft bearings front wheel bearings this was all after 500 hrs + a few belts all to be expected this is one tough little work horse we are very happy with NOTE we are very fussy with our maint oils greasing checking all mech stuff.

Date PurchasedJan 2013

A very impressive machine

Drew

DrewCasuarina

Not bad at all

Personally i,d like a bit more Horse Power but thats just me i like lots of horses better too many than not enough. I am sure if i tried hard enough i could bend it, break it, bog it cause every machine has limitations get to know what they are and this machine will do most things for you, better than some not as good as others but compare price to what it,ll do. Overall thus far i am happy with machine
Sloping overgrown suburban blocks with very tall grass No probs.
just a personal thing but power steer would be nice :-)

makk

makkgeorgica

amazing machine

LandownerCoffs Harbour

A Robust and Capable Machine

Piha Farmer

Agree with your review. Good machine. The seating is close, but I managed to modify the stop position to get another 50 mm that makes a big difference in terms of knee room.

Viva Farm

Viva FarmBroadford

Strong and efficient

This is a great mower with an engine that is smooth and unstoppable. It eats up bracken and blackberries without missing a beat. Mine has been completely reliable and has held up really well to some pretty tough conditions.
The only thing I can fault is that the seat position is a little cramped for a tall person (I'm 6'1") and the turning circle is a little wide, but maneuverability is so good you soon get used to how to get around.
Strong engine, capable and unstoppable
Slightly cramped seating if you are tall

This is a great mower

Ride-On Mowers

Find out how Masport Crossjet compares to other Ride-On Mowers

Robbo3057Northern NSW

Don't Buy This Mower!

alkaline
alkaline

Have you considered the AS MOTOR Sherpa 940 4wd all terrain ride on brush cutter?

Landowner

What mechanical problems have you had? I have a Crossjet and it's reliable and well built. What model do you have?

skap

skapasked

Crossjet

Hello, I have a Masport Crossjet and it does a great job on my very rutty, steep, terrain covered with tall grass, underbrush and saplings - except for one thing. The belts keep falling off. The dealer has been out at least 4 times to put them back, but I think I'd better learn to do it myself - at least the cutter belt as I'm in lockdown right now and I want to mow. (don't worry - should it fall off again, I won't be attempting the transmission belt)

I am oldish, female, ignorant of mechanical things, and of only moderate strength. But, I'm sure I can do it with the right advice. I've given the cutter assembly a preliminary look and see that the belt is too tight to just slide it back. I know there is a tensioner but I don't know where it is. I'm assuming that if I loosen it, I will have enough slack to put the belt back. Anyway, apologies for my ignorance, but if you can detail what I ought to do, or recommend a relevant video, I would be very appreciative. If you have any suggestions as to why it's popping off, I'd like to know as well - is it the way I'm driving? I do hit large roots and rocks from time to time, but nothing catastrophic. When it fell off this time, the blade was up high. I was driving through heavy slick grass - cutting small trees along the fence border on a hill. No idea exactly when it fell off.

Thank you so much for your help.
S Kaplan

Dallas S.

Dallas S.asked

Crossjet 4WD

Price and width of mower cutting deck

Lissa

Lissaasked

Crossjet 4WD

Hi we have brought a 4wf crossjet which is not going again fir the third time since we Broughty it a couple of months ago. Carburettor replaced, faulty sensor for clutch now they think faulty clutch. There is an error code on dash 8115 just wondered what thus refers to. 4 weeks lockdown and a brand new broken down crossjet not much fun.

Gavin

I'm not sure what that code would be for. The only thing I can suggest is try google, somebody else may have had the same, but I guess you have already tried that. Sorry I can't help further............Good luck.