Masport Crossjet

• Turning
  • Wet / Damp Grass Performance
Dan

DanPerth, WA

OK machine terrible parts service

Product is used Occasionally
Functionality
Hill / Slope Performance
Turning
Noise Level
Safety
Wet / Damp Grass Performance

GavinOakleigh, Whangarei.

Good machine, but not as good as videos

Date PurchasedNov 2016
Hard out

Hard outNorth West Nelson

Hard out little mower

We purchased this mower about 4yrs ago and use it to mow 3 sites we look after and anything that a mower will not do gorse rocks scrub to date we have done 1100 hrs there have been some general maint problems blades cross bar main blade shaft bearings front wheel bearings this was all after 500 hrs + a few belts all to be expected this is one tough little work horse we are very happy with NOTE we are very fussy with our maint oils greasing checking all mech stuff.

Date PurchasedJan 2013

A very impressive machine

Drew

DrewPalmerston, NT

Not bad at all

Personally i,d like a bit more Horse Power but thats just me i like lots of horses better too many than not enough. I am sure if i tried hard enough i could bend it, break it, bog it cause every machine has limitations get to know what they are and this machine will do most things for you, better than some not as good as others but compare price to what it,ll do. Overall thus far i am happy with machine
Sloping overgrown suburban blocks with very tall grass No probs.
just a personal thing but power steer would be nice :-)

makk

makkgeorgica

amazing machine

LandownerCoffs Harbour

A Robust and Capable Machine

Piha Farmer

Agree with your review. Good machine. The seating is close, but I managed to modify the stop position to get another 50 mm that makes a big difference in terms of knee room.

Viva Farm

Viva FarmBroadford

Strong and efficient

This is a great mower with an engine that is smooth and unstoppable. It eats up bracken and blackberries without missing a beat. Mine has been completely reliable and has held up really well to some pretty tough conditions.
The only thing I can fault is that the seat position is a little cramped for a tall person (I'm 6'1") and the turning circle is a little wide, but maneuverability is so good you soon get used to how to get around.
Strong engine, capable and unstoppable
Slightly cramped seating if you are tall

This is a great mower

Ride-On Mowers

Find out how Masport Crossjet compares to other Ride-On Mowers

Robbo3057New South Wales

Don't Buy This Mower!

alkaline
alkaline

Have you considered the AS MOTOR Sherpa 940 4wd all terrain ride on brush cutter?

Landowner

What mechanical problems have you had? I have a Crossjet and it's reliable and well built. What model do you have?

KeninFranceasked

Crossjet

I have a MasPort Crossjet here in France and have been trying to obtain a deck drive belt [534488] without success.
I can get one in Australia, but the shipping & duty will make that expensive.
I'm prepared to do this, but first I need to check that I've got the right part, as my user manual gives no belt details.
Can anyone confirm the size of this belt, which I can than compare with the existing snapped one.

Gavin

I have never, as yet, had to replace one, so had a look in my manual no size mentioned in that either which is pretty slack. Sorry can't help you with the length, but did try. Regards.

Hi Gavin,
Thanks for that. It's a bit of a bummer, 'cos it's otherwise a great machine.
Masport just say 'take it to a dealer' but that's so impractical and I would have thought it's the same in Australia for many people..
It appears to be sold around the world under many differenr names, but all say the same and do not give belt sizes.
Can't find any other manufacturer that does this and don't have this problem with my John Deere.

Regards, Ken

Normasked

Crossjet 4WD

I have a Crossjet 4x4 mower. Has worked well, but I recently lost weight from about 80 kg to 70 kg and sometimes when eg pushing hard on a pedal, the engine stops because the seat switch turns it off. I've got used to it now and by sitting carefully and "hard" it rarely causes a problem although often nearly cutting out. I now have another operator who weighs only about 55 kg and even just turning a corner makes the engine stop. I've overcome it by adding a bag of sand under the operator, but it is not comfortable. Is there a modification or a fix for this? Can you tell me how the switch works so I could arrange something to make it work with a lighter operator?

Gavin

I've never had that problem and light people drive mine without issues so I'm at a loss. No doubt you have already checked the wire connector to the seat switch under the seat? With the bag of sand on the seat without the operator does the machine continue to run? I only need hand pressure on mine, with a bit of weight to keep it running. But to answer your question I do not know how the seat switch operates exactly but it sounds like yours may have moved out of it's mountings, become lose or something like that given that turning corners can cut the motor out. Regards

Norm

Thanks for the response. I have dismantled the seat enough to get a look and some action at the area between the cushion and the steel base. A bit messy removing the seat covering that is clamped on around the edge of the metal but it actually come off easier than I imagined and even went back on fairly neatly. Inside the foam and sticking out a little under the foam is a switch box. (should have taken a photo but I'm not pulling it apart again yet just for that. There are two compression springs that keep the body of the switch box away from the metal base. With weight on the seat, these compress and allow one side of the switch box to be pushed shut, presumably actuating the switch. I've replaced these spring with weaker ones. Now to refit the seat and try it out. I can see plenty of opportunities for individual seats to react to weight differently. I'm hoping this one is a one off and the lighter springs will fix the problem.

skap

skapasked

Crossjet

Hello, I have a Masport Crossjet and it does a great job on my very rutty, steep, terrain covered with tall grass, underbrush and saplings - except for one thing. The belts keep falling off. The dealer has been out at least 4 times to put them back, but I think I'd better learn to do it myself - at least the cutter belt as I'm in lockdown right now and I want to mow. (don't worry - should it fall off again, I won't be attempting the transmission belt)

I am oldish, female, ignorant of mechanical things, and of only moderate strength. But, I'm sure I can do it with the right advice. I've given the cutter assembly a preliminary look and see that the belt is too tight to just slide it back. I know there is a tensioner but I don't know where it is. I'm assuming that if I loosen it, I will have enough slack to put the belt back. Anyway, apologies for my ignorance, but if you can detail what I ought to do, or recommend a relevant video, I would be very appreciative. If you have any suggestions as to why it's popping off, I'd like to know as well - is it the way I'm driving? I do hit large roots and rocks from time to time, but nothing catastrophic. When it fell off this time, the blade was up high. I was driving through heavy slick grass - cutting small trees along the fence border on a hill. No idea exactly when it fell off.

Thank you so much for your help.
S Kaplan