1.0

0%9 · 100%
Brand Manager for MasterChef? Claim your listing.

anthonySouth East Queensland, QLD20 posts

Kate63
Kate63Metropolitan Adelaide, SA4 posts

DANGEROUS. FAULTY

This thing doesn't actually work AT ALL. I almost cut myself several times. I have owned a german slicer for years but loaned it to a friend and never got it back. So I bought this as I liked the blades on the rotating thing. But that thing is why it's so terrible. It moves, which means it doesn't slice properly and is dangerous. The people where I bought it from were very rude about me returning it too. I didn't bother in the end because I didn't like being accused of lying. Terrible on all fronts.

Nanna
NannaNewcastle NSW

Worst product ever - disgraceful!

I had a mandolin slicer for more than 20 years which recently broke - it was an amazing kitchen utensil which I used most days. I recently purchased the MasterChef model and it absolutely useless. I am terrified of cutting myself, it won't slice any hard vegetables such as carrot. I wondered if I was using it incorrectly but reading other comments it appears not. I feel completely ripped off and I believe this product is unsuitable for sale. A disgrace to the MasterChef brand. I am so sorry that I have mislaid my purchase docket and will not be able to return it.

CB
CB

Dangerous

After wanting a mandolin for years I purchased the Masterchef one. There were no instructions inside except the ones on the box. Yes they said to be careful of the sharp blade. I tried to slice a carrot but the cover would not hold on an upright carrot so I did not use it. Result lost a slice off the end of my thumb. Yes it is my own fault but I will never use the mandolin again and will not even give it to an op shop. Pity.

Mick harrison
Mick harrisonIpswich, Queensland

This I could certainly live whitout

Very disappointed failed to live up to my expectations, could almost be not of marketable quality, am returning mine for refund, it's so poor.

Coopers
Coopers

Waste of miney

Gee I wish I had of read the reviews earlier because sadly my experience is the same. So wrong that it is branded by the show which leads you to think someone with expertise has road tested it. Need my money back. What are the chances of that?

Lucy
LucyAdelaide

So Disappointed!!

Received this for Christmas, didn't work on a carrot - blades not strong enough, we tried a range of softer veggies to give it the benefit of the doubt - didn't work at all on cucumber or celery (or anything else for that matter). It is literally useless, I will have to throw away as serves absolutely no purpose. I am so cross that such a poor product is allowed to be sold under the name of a well known and trusted TV brand (as well as at all!) that I am considering wasting more money by posting it back to Masterchef.

Kimdottore
KimdottoreCanberra3 posts

Should work well... But just doesn't

Bought this in the hope of making chips. The instructions were too brief and it was difficult to use. I actually sliced part of the plastic on the safety hat off the first time because it was unclear how to use it. The thinnest slices it achieved were too thick for chips. I also tried the julienne function on a carrot and the blade was not strong enough to cut it. Really disappointed in this one.

TheKnightsAU18 posts

Looks nice, but

The design of this thing is great, no separate blades and easy change of function with a simple dial however... This is useless! We tried sweet potato and the blade couldn't get through it, we tried cabbage and the blade couldn't get through it and the final attempt was an onion which the blade wouldn't cut, and that that point we gave up on it. We took it back, and got the orignal and best V-slicer for an extra $25 which is a dream to use.
Design
The blade couldn't cut anything