Mazda BT-50

See the Best Utes in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

KillaWhatSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

The Good, The Bad and The Downright Ugly!

Purchased in February 2015 for $51,000.00.

Year2014

KathrynMid North Coast, NSW

Unreal towing smooth and comfortable

I use this 2018 bt50 for everyday driving and purchased mostly for towing horse float as towing capacity is 3500kg, tows like there is nothing behind me it is an Auto and just cruises up and down the highway and hills, love it

Purchased in March 2019 at Mazda Coffs Harbour for $60,000.00.

Warren

WarrenSydney, NSW

Motor seized after 20000 klms

Purchased in May 2018 at Mazda Dealers.

Deuce

DeuceMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Mazda Bt50... Bloody brilliant..

I bought a new 2018 xtr with all of the towing options to tow a 3 tonne caravan and the family around Australia for 12 months...

It was perfect... Amazing... And didn't miss a beat. All laden with 6 tonne it still pulled like a freight train. We even went off road and pulled the van through severe bulldust that was so deep I couldn't have walked through it... The bt just kept pushing through with half throttle. We were aMazed at how good it was.

We only bought the bt initially as it was 15 grand less than the Ford ranger but it was worth it...

Just sold the bt after 30 000km and only made a small loss..

I recommend the bt50 to everyone I meet who needs a tough ute and towing power.

Purchased in April 2018 for $50,000.00.

Dave Tanner

Dave TannerSouth East Queensland, QLD

Gearbox let go at 60k

Manual gearbox failed at 60k and the best Mazda can do is leave me for 3 weeks before any suitable repair can be made under warranty - absolute no chance of making the Mazda mistake again

Purchased in July 2018 for $56,000.00.

Not bad

Had this car for a few years now, can't complain. It did the job. Had a few issues, parts were surprisingly affordable. Would recommend it for someone who has lot's of pick ups as it is powerful enough.

Purchased in March 2013.

AlanC

AlanC

Excellent solid dual cab 4x4

We bought our 2009 model (manual) with 104,000 ks on it in 2013. We've since done another 170,000 ks without incident.

It came loaded with everything we wanted (canopy, bullbar, hd roofrack, cruise control, drawers) and we've added plenty of weight with tools, spares, second battery and solar panel and we consistently get under 10lt per 100 ks highway use.

We add Chemtech Diesel additive every fill. This helps keep the fuel system clean and we've had zero issues with injectors/pumps etc. Pays for itself in extra milage too.

We've towed a fairly heavy camper trailer around Oz and with it behind we average 12lt per 100 ks. That's across all road surfaces (and some non-road).

We love the car and look after it properly.

Purchased in December 2013 for $23,000.00.

Year2009

frank

frankwonthaggi

fuel consumption whilst towing

Purchased in November 2018 at berwick mazda for $55,000.00.

frank

frankGippsland, VIC

fuel consumption

Purchased in November 2018 at Berwick Motor Group for $55,000.00.

KerriF

KerriFWimmera, VIC

Don’t bother fixing

Purchased in May 2016 for $14,000.00.

Year2008

Floor falling apart

Bought a new freestyle bt50 and noticed the vinyl flooring warping, Mazda Darwin told me there’s no point replacing it as they are all a faulty batch and would just be as bad as the original, seriously what an answer

Purchased in April 2019 at Mazda Dealers for $41,000.00.

Interior Design

Mazda BT50 - Problems from day one !

Mazda BT50 nothing but problems from day one!
This has included the car being delivered with a dent in the bonnet (that ever other person except Mazda can see) , tailgate badge not straight, ongoing issues with the gear box even after being replaced under warranty , driveline vibrations that was fixed under warranty, DPF regen problems, leaking rear main fixed under warranty, leaking rear axel seal fix under warranty.
I have never had so much trouble with a vehicle and is the worst purchase to date.
I will never buy a Mazda again.

Purchased in August 2016.

Year2016

Deion T.

Deion T.Illawarra, NSW

BT50 and service

Purchased 8 months ago. Painful purchase and information by sales and company conflicting. Purchases new and also new Mazda canopy. Canopy leaks and was told...you need to expect a canopy leaks. Um...no! They are to keep things dry and secure. Did not just leak...flooded and wet all camping equipment. They siliconed and what a mess. Still leaks. Was told to find the leak and let them know. Sorry that's not how srrvice works. Siliconed again. Still leaks. So found it myself which is no where near the 2 different siliconed areas. They will now hear about it at service time. I have spoken to others and been advised...no my canopy does not leak. Dear me Mazda. Improve your service.

Purchased in August 2018 at Mazda Dealers.

Jarrod M.

Jarrod M.South East Queensland, QLD

Poor fuel consumption. I feel ripped off

2018 Xt with a dpf filter. Use my car for work. I actually love the car. I am just extremely disappointed with the fuel consumption. 13.7 L/100 around town I’m actually scared to do the math at the bowser because I no it will be higher then it states on the dash. Has anyone had any luck at the dealer sorting out a solution? False advertising!!!!!!!

Purchased in January 2019 for $37,000.00.

cameroon

cameroon

No support from Mazda Just an$8000.00 quote to fix Be very aware

My2017 BT50 has a blocked DPF at 87,000 kilometres . Went to Mazda they said I must have got a bad tank of fuel . They said the cost was round $8000.00 to repair . I only use BP fuel travel country miles (no City ) driving at all . Most trips are around 250 k each time . I find this appalling that this is not covered under warranty . This is my 16th Mazda and my last . I have since found out that Mazda have replaced some of these BUT BUT BUT only if you have had all your services done by a Mazda Dealer . That stinks as there is no Mazda dealer where I live so I get it serviced by a local mechanic .

Purchased in February 2017.

Year2017
Comfort

Fuel economy is no were near as advertised

2018 freestyle cab tray back is only averages 14-17 ltr too the 100 ks on open road and Mazda isn't interested in fixing it to advertised litres to 100 has any one had any Luck with getting it fixed with Mazda or any other company to remap DPF

Purchased in June 2018 for $50,000.00.

Pauliboy

Pauliboy

The worst new vehicle I've ever purchased.

Use car for work. First tank of fuel returned about 320km. The most I've ever had is 500km for a tank (72L) and that was Sydney - Goulburn return so all freeway. On average I get 350 to 400km for 72 - 74Litres of fuel. Other owners I know get 650km around town with the same vehicle at a similar loading.

Purchased in December 2018 for $55,000.00.

Andrew

AndrewSouth East Queensland, QLD

Love My BT-50

My BT is awesome and tows easily 2500kgs. Hills where my speed dropped driving my Prado the BT-50 does effortlessly. I do a lot of off road and have optioned up and it has made the truck better then my 80 series Landcruiser.

Purchased in November 2018 at Sydney Wide Chiropractic for $46,999.00.

Tony D

Tony DHunter Region, NSW

BT50 -Disappointed

Purchased in March 2018 for $19,000.00.

Year2012

stacey

staceySouth East Queensland, QLD

a work car that only works for 7 years

We bought this car as a work vehicle, and for 6 years it worked however we have now spent the equivelent of its value getting it back on the road, The head cracked and had to be replaced, according to our mechanic a common occurance in 6 year old BT 50's, now we have to have the fuel pump replaced another common fault, we purched the car in 2012 and thought that it would last a lot longer before it needed any major work its done 240,000 KM this should not be a lot for a diesel motor of this age, would never buy another Mazda.

Purchased in February 2012.

Year2011

Darrylasked

BT-50 MK2 (2011-Present)

Took the BT50 2016 in for a service, AC was working fine but after the service it only seems to work about half cooling capacity. Dealer said they didn't touch the AC. Any ideas why an AC would suddenly work at half pace??? The passenger side seems to run cooler than the drivers side. Tried all combinations of climate control, MAX AC etc doesnt blow air colder than about 20 C

Kathryn

take to Aircon specialist. Mazda service centres are not specialist. and I have found that they might not even have know they did anything ?

KillaWhat

If they've disconnected or reset something, the front temperature sensor might be reading incorrectly. What does the temperature on the dash say? If it says something completely different to the outside temperature (like -39 Deg C) or not working at all, drive it for a while (about an hour) and you should notice the sensor will start heating up, the temp on the dash should start increasing (as it should) and the aircon should start working. If the temp sensors reading -40 (incorrectly), the aircon decides you don't need to cool when it's -40!

Darryl

Thanks for that. Yes Im hoping that they accidentally reset something. I have an outside temp but no internal. I have to set it on max cool to get a bit of half decent AC. Do you know if an OBD tool can check on AC settings

Brook M.asked

BT-50 MK2 (2011-Present)

I have a Mazda bt 50, 2018 xtr model that has an annoying suspension squeak. The car now has 34000ks on the clock and has been doing it for the last few thousand kms. I've sprayed the rear spring hanger bushes with silicone spray, as it sounds like the noise is coming from that area but it hasn't seemed to make a difference.
Any thoughts.

Regards Brook Morris.

KillaWhat

I'm pretty sure it's the rear left spring bushes. As soon as you get some dirt in there they squeak. I never really bothered about it, but you could put some nolethane bushes in there which might help (if you were to replace them). It's just one of those things with rubber bushed and leaf spring's

Brook M.

Thanks for your answer. Regards Brook.

Marise S.

Marise S.asked

Change time in navigation system in bt50

Kathryn

sorry mine did it automatically when I plugged my iphone into apple car play

KillaWhat

Just press the menu button on the radio section. Theres an option for clock settings. Theres also a daylight savings on/off option

Get an answer from our members and Mazda representatives