Mazda BT-50

See the Best Utes in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Frank S.

Frank S.The Mallee, VIC

I am making oil

My 2018 BT50 oil level on the dipstick is increasing in height. This means diesel fuel is entering the lubricating oil in the sump. This creates premature engine wear as the lubricating oil is diluted. The solution the dealer in Mildura gave me was to change the engine oil. Not happy as it does not fix the problem.

Purchased in January 2018.

No responsibility by Mazda

I bought a new Mazda BT 50 two years ago when I retired. 12 months later this is the front drivers seat. About 4 months ago I decided to ask Mazda if this was covered under warranty but head office said they wouldnt replace it as it is normal wear and tear. Bit hard to believe after only twelve months as I have had Previous cars and never had this problem. Obviously Mazda doesn't use quality material. Really disappointed that Mazda wont recognise that there could be a fault.

Mark smith

Mark smithWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Excellent Vehicle

I purchased my BT50 Boss 4x4 in 2010 in Darwin. I have maintained a 10,000 km servicing schedule ever since and now have 267,000km on the clock with no major damage replacement needed. I would certainly buy another if I ever sell this one. I have towed a 23ft caravan and recently a camper trailer and have had no issues at all. The km include majority highway driving with some off road and towing.

Purchased in June 2010.

Year2010
alex c.

alex c.South East Queensland, QLD

Just a work horse

Picked up one for a steal it rough as previous owner used it for a plumbing buisness fleet car so imagine the working part where looked after engine seems strong at 295000ks I am towing a bobcat and heavy load in the tray most days going to throw everything at it to see how long it last with regular services ill re write a review in the next few months

Purchased for $2,000.00.

Year2010

karl

karlSouth East Queensland, QLD

Design fault

Sway bar rubbed through cv boot on left side . Mazda not interested.obvious design fault but Im out of warranty even though its only done 34k. New models have been changed?....

Sydney NSW

Sydney NSWSydney, NSW

20,000km in and going well

Almost went with another ute however pleasantly surprised with the smooth ride. Fuel consumption not great however it's not a small hatchback. Has power when needed and taken off-road a few times and performed well.

KillaWhat

KillaWhatSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

The Good, The Bad and The Downright Ugly!

Purchased in February 2015 for $51,000.00.

Year2014

Kathryn

KathrynMid North Coast, NSW

Unreal towing smooth and comfortable

I use this 2018 bt50 for everyday driving and purchased mostly for towing horse float as towing capacity is 3500kg, tows like there is nothing behind me it is an Auto and just cruises up and down the highway and hills, love it

Purchased in March 2019 at Mazda Coffs Harbour for $60,000.00.

Warren

WarrenSydney, NSW

Motor seized after 20000 klms

Purchased in May 2018 at Mazda Dealers.

Deuce

DeuceMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Mazda Bt50... Bloody brilliant..

I bought a new 2018 xtr with all of the towing options to tow a 3 tonne caravan and the family around Australia for 12 months...

It was perfect... Amazing... And didn't miss a beat. All laden with 6 tonne it still pulled like a freight train. We even went off road and pulled the van through severe bulldust that was so deep I couldn't have walked through it... The bt just kept pushing through with half throttle. We were aMazed at how good it was.

We only bought the bt initially as it was 15 grand less than the Ford ranger but it was worth it...

Just sold the bt after 30 000km and only made a small loss..

I recommend the bt50 to everyone I meet who needs a tough ute and towing power.

Purchased in April 2018 for $50,000.00.

Dave Tanner

Dave TannerSouth East Queensland, QLD

Gearbox let go at 60k

Manual gearbox failed at 60k and the best Mazda can do is leave me for 3 weeks before any suitable repair can be made under warranty - absolute no chance of making the Mazda mistake again

Purchased in July 2018 for $56,000.00.

Not bad

Had this car for a few years now, can't complain. It did the job. Had a few issues, parts were surprisingly affordable. Would recommend it for someone who has lot's of pick ups as it is powerful enough.

Purchased in March 2013.

AlanC

AlanC

Excellent solid dual cab 4x4

We bought our 2009 model (manual) with 104,000 ks on it in 2013. We've since done another 170,000 ks without incident.

It came loaded with everything we wanted (canopy, bullbar, hd roofrack, cruise control, drawers) and we've added plenty of weight with tools, spares, second battery and solar panel and we consistently get under 10lt per 100 ks highway use.

We add Chemtech Diesel additive every fill. This helps keep the fuel system clean and we've had zero issues with injectors/pumps etc. Pays for itself in extra milage too.

We've towed a fairly heavy camper trailer around Oz and with it behind we average 12lt per 100 ks. That's across all road surfaces (and some non-road).

We love the car and look after it properly.

Purchased in December 2013 for $23,000.00.

Year2009

frank

frankwonthaggi

fuel consumption whilst towing

Purchased in November 2018 at berwick mazda for $55,000.00.

frank

frankGippsland, VIC

fuel consumption

Purchased in November 2018 at Berwick Motor Group for $55,000.00.

KerriF

KerriFWimmera, VIC

Don’t bother fixing

Purchased in May 2016 for $14,000.00.

Year2008

Floor falling apart

Bought a new freestyle bt50 and noticed the vinyl flooring warping, Mazda Darwin told me there’s no point replacing it as they are all a faulty batch and would just be as bad as the original, seriously what an answer

Purchased in April 2019 at Mazda Dealers for $41,000.00.

Interior Design

Mazda BT50 - Problems from day one !

Mazda BT50 nothing but problems from day one!
This has included the car being delivered with a dent in the bonnet (that ever other person except Mazda can see) , tailgate badge not straight, ongoing issues with the gear box even after being replaced under warranty , driveline vibrations that was fixed under warranty, DPF regen problems, leaking rear main fixed under warranty, leaking rear axel seal fix under warranty.
I have never had so much trouble with a vehicle and is the worst purchase to date.
I will never buy a Mazda again.

Purchased in August 2016.

Year2016

Honest purchaser

Honest purchaserIllawarra, NSW

BT50 and service

Purchased 8 months ago. Painful purchase and information by sales and company conflicting. Purchases new and also new Mazda canopy. Canopy leaks and was told...you need to expect a canopy leaks. Um...no! They are to keep things dry and secure. Did not just leak...flooded and wet all camping equipment. They siliconed and what a mess. Still leaks. Was told to find the leak and let them know. Sorry that's not how srrvice works. Siliconed again. Still leaks. So found it myself which is no where near the 2 different siliconed areas. They will now hear about it at service time. I have spoken to others and been advised...no my canopy does not leak. Dear me Mazda. Improve your service.

Purchased in August 2018 at Mazda Dealers.

Jarrod M.

Jarrod M.South East Queensland, QLD

Poor fuel consumption. I feel ripped off

2018 Xt with a dpf filter. Use my car for work. I actually love the car. I am just extremely disappointed with the fuel consumption. 13.7 L/100 around town I’m actually scared to do the math at the bowser because I no it will be higher then it states on the dash. Has anyone had any luck at the dealer sorting out a solution? False advertising!!!!!!!

Purchased in January 2019 for $37,000.00.