Maze 160L Roto Twin Tumbler

Maze 160L Roto Twin Tumbler

See the Best Compost Bins in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Nell

NellQueensland

Easy to use

Simple to use and effective. It is large enough to have one batch of compost breaking down while starting on the next. It is easy to turn and doesn't take up too much space. In a year we have produced one batch of compost and are nearly ready for the second. We have not yet run out of room and the divider and dual system has worked well for us. We are able to compost food scraps, cardboard, paper and garden waste. It drains well with the breathing holes and days of wet weather have not turned the compost into sludge.
I would recommend reading all the instructions before assembling to avoid problems. We didn't and made it much harder than it had to be. It's a little bit of time to assemble but well worth the effort.

Purchased in June 2018 at Bunnings Warehouse.

LilyNSW, 2150

Makes composting fun and easy

Purchased in January 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $99.00.

Leanneasked

Can I take out the divider on this model and use it as one barrel?
Also, does the open doors detach, so they dont run into the legs when turning upside down to empty? Looks like they are wider than the frame when open
Thankyou

Lily

Yes, you can remove the divider (but then why not buy one large barrel to start with instead of paying more for a double?) and yes the doors slide out completely, but it will still be difficult to empty as the doors are too small.

Maze
Ronen M.Maze

Hi Leanne, as Lily mentioned you can take it out if you need one full drum. There are larger horizontal tumblers available if you need. For example our 245L tumbler has a divider which can be removed as well and it has much larger doors. If you have any more questions please feel free to call us tomorrow to discuss.

Leanne

I thought I would start with one as a double barrel, but at times when I have got a lot of waste, I thought I can maybe go to two systems and use them as a large barrel each. But if the doors are too small for this it might not be a good idea...

Maree O

Maree Oasked

What can I put into my maze roto twin composter 160L
Can i put in raw or cooked fish heads and soil and plane tree leaves
I don't have lawn just a small garden so what other greens
When I open the container lots of little bugs fly out
I add Bokashiu

Lilyasked

Why does my compost shape into round balls? Is this inevitable because of the tumbling action?

Maze
Ronen M.Maze

Hi Lily, yes this often happens with compost tumblers due to the rotating action. It does not slow the process down but you can break them up with a small trowel or your hands.

Lily

Thanks for your lightning quick response! Good to know that it's not caused by something I'm doing wrong.

Get an answer from our members and Maze representatives

CategoryCompost Bins