Maze 160L Roto Twin Tumbler

Maze 160L Roto Twin Tumbler

See the Best Compost Bins in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Maze

3.6
Margaret P.
Margaret P.

Disappointed

Makes very wet compost & has odour. Despite lots of brown/carbon the result is still wet. No vents for evaporation/drainage so will always be wet smelly result. Am disposing of bin.

Purchased in June 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse.

Kazoo
Kazoo South East Queensland, QLD

Assembly issues

Followed instructions but I’m unable to make the last panel fit to the door panel. Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong? Divider is in properly but the last panel on the barrel is not co-operating.....help!

Purchased in February 2021.

Other Compost Bins

Does what it says..

Had one of these for year or so.
Works well enough to buy another but will leave out the divider for this one. Easy to assemble and pretty fast with a power screwdriver, follow the instructions and chop up the box for your first brown material!!

Purchased in December 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse Retail Stores for $1,100.00.

Compost Bins

Find out how Maze 160L Roto Twin Tumbler compares to other Compost Bins

Vicki A.
Vicki A.

Not bad for the price

I just assembled the Maze 160L Twin Tumbler. I found the instruction brochure easy to understand. The assembly process is a little tedious, requiring 56 nuts and screws to fix the panels. I can understand those that don't have the correct tools or little mechanical ability, may experience difficulty with assembly. If that is the case, I would suggest getting a helper to assist. The quality seems reasonable for the price and there are no small plastic components to break. The quality of the actual tumbler seems rather good and all the screw holes lined up. The stand however is made from painted light steel tubing. Nuts and Screws also appear to be just painted mild steel. I would expect both the frame and fixtures to corrode over time.

Purchased in July 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse for $110.00.

Maze 160L

Must admit, for an older woman, the instructions did look daunting. After time to ponder the situation and with trusty screwdriver in hand, I was able to assemble the unit. Took me much longer than the average I would suspect but I got there.
I am extremely pleased with the unit. So much so , I am thinking i will remove the divider from the unit I have and purchase a second unit. I will then use the same principle as for the divided bin but work woth two bins to make much larger batches of compost. Very pleased with the unit and myself.

Purchased in April 2020 at Bunnings for $110.00.

MarionSydney

Can't put it together!

Have had the parts laid out on my living room floor for a few days.
The parts list has reference letters but the assembly instructions have diagrams without reference letters.
The assembly diagrams are pretty incomprehensible to an elderly woman such as myself and I will have to hire someone to put it together.
Many screws and nothing to install them with in the package that I can see.
Wouldn't recommend it at all unless you have experience of putting things together, which I don't.
Called the company to ask if there is an instruction video on the internet which may be easier to follow and left a recorded message; they didn't get back.

Purchased at Bunnings Warehouse.

Marion

It works fine for composting now and I just pour bleach under it once a week to clean the tiles from the leaks staining them.

Easier to assemble than the 245L one

Purchased in May 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse.

Simple and gets the job done

Purchased in January 2016.

Other Compost Bins

Roger
RogerWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

One improvement

Easy to assemble after reading instructions. Only design problem is the compost can escape through the hole at each end and grind away the bush when turning
the drum over.
I fixed the problem by inserting a length of 27mm high pressure water pipe all the way through the centre. This seals the unit and will extend the life of the unit.

Purchased in April 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse for $110.00.

Compost Bins

Find out how Maze 160L Roto Twin Tumbler compares to other Compost Bins

Nell
NellQueensland

Easy to use

Simple to use and effective. It is large enough to have one batch of compost breaking down while starting on the next. It is easy to turn and doesn't take up too much space. In a year we have produced one batch of compost and are nearly ready for the second. We have not yet run out of room and the divider and dual system has worked well for us. We are able to compost food scraps, cardboard, paper and garden waste. It drains well with the breathing holes and days of wet weather have not turned the compost into sludge.
I would recommend reading all the instructions before assembling to avoid problems. We didn't and made it much harder than it had to be. It's a little bit of time to assemble but well worth the effort.

Purchased in June 2018 at Bunnings Warehouse.

LilyNSW, 2150

Makes composting fun and easy

Purchased in January 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $99.00.

Caro Dasked

Like Susi W, I have found in relation to the rod that runs through the middle, the screws on the bolts only screw up part of the way as well. Could someone please confirm if this is correct or not? Thank you.

jeff m.

Hi Caro. I just bought this same composter from Bunnings. The nuts for those two long screws that hold the rod through the middle of the composter in place are “locking” nuts. In other words they have a plastic liner in them that compresses and sticks the nut in place so that it doesnt unscrew on its own. It will take a little more effort, but i would get a spanner and tighten them all the way up to the rod. Cheers, jeff

Caro D

Thanks so much, Jeff. I used pliers and it worked a treat. Thanks again.

Susi W.asked

We assembled the composter but, in relation to the rod that runs through the middle, the screws on the bolts only screwed up part of the way. Is this right, please?

jeff m.

Hi Susi. I just bought this same composter from Bunnings. The nuts for those two long screws that hold the rod through the middle of the composter in place are “locking” nuts. In other words they have a plastic liner in them that compresses and sticks the nut in place so that it doesnt unscrew on its own. It will take a little more effort, but i would get a spanner and tighten them all the way up to the rod. Cheers, jeff

Thanks, Jeff, appreciated.

Leanneasked

Can I take out the divider on this model and use it as one barrel?
Also, does the open doors detach, so they dont run into the legs when turning upside down to empty? Looks like they are wider than the frame when open
Thankyou

Lily

Yes, you can remove the divider (but then why not buy one large barrel to start with instead of paying more for a double?) and yes the doors slide out completely, but it will still be difficult to empty as the doors are too small.

Maze
Ronen M.Maze

Hi Leanne, as Lily mentioned you can take it out if you need one full drum. There are larger horizontal tumblers available if you need. For example our 245L tumbler has a divider which can be removed as well and it has much larger doors. If you have any more questions please feel free to call us tomorrow to discuss.

Leanne

I thought I would start with one as a double barrel, but at times when I have got a lot of waste, I thought I can maybe go to two systems and use them as a large barrel each. But if the doors are too small for this it might not be a good idea...

See all Maze 160L Roto Twin Tumbler questions

Get an answer from our members and Maze representatives