Maze 160L Roto Twin Tumbler

Maze 160L Roto Twin Tumbler

See the Best Compost Bins in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Easy to use

Simple to use and effective. It is large enough to have one batch of compost breaking down while starting on the next. It is easy to turn and doesn't take up too much space. In a year we have produced one batch of compost and are nearly ready for the second. We have not yet run out of room and the divider and dual system has worked well for us. We are able to compost food scraps, cardboard, paper and garden waste. It drains well with the breathing holes and days of wet weather have not turned the compost into sludge.
I would recommend reading all the instructions before assembling to avoid problems. We didn't and made it much harder than it had to be. It's a little bit of time to assemble but well worth the effort.

Purchased in June 2018 at Bunnings Warehouse.

Makes composting fun and easy

I really enjoy using this composter.

It took about an hour to assemble - be sure not to waste time trying to get the divider to fit perfectly as the instructions indicate that it won't (this won't affect its performance). Also be sure that the last panels you assemble are near the doors for easy screwing together - otherwise if your last panels are opposite the doors, you'll need to lean all the way inside the barrel to assemble and this isn't easy!

I like that the barrel stands tall, so that I don't need to lean over to use it. It rotates easily. I had thought that the opening would be too small to empty the grass clippings from my lawn mower catcher directly into it, but this wasn't a problem. You can even compost the plain cardboard box that it comes in. It does dribble a bit of liquid out of the breathing holes sometimes when it's spinning, but I suppose this is to be expected - just stand back a bit before you spin. I find it's a really good size and it fits more than I expected - I keep thinking I've nearly filled it, but then it starts to break down and there's more room.

Purchased in January 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $99.00.