Maze 160L Roto Twin Tumbler

Maze 160L Roto Twin Tumbler

4.4

Easier to assemble than the 245L one

Purchased in May 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse.

Simple and gets the job done

Purchased in January 2016.

Roger

RogerWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

One improvement

Easy to assemble after reading instructions. Only design problem is the compost can escape through the hole at each end and grind away the bush when turning
the drum over.
I fixed the problem by inserting a length of 27mm high pressure water pipe all the way through the centre. This seals the unit and will extend the life of the unit.

Purchased in April 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$110.00.

Compost Bins

Find out how Maze 160L Roto Twin Tumbler compares to other Compost Bins

Nell

NellQueensland

Easy to use

Simple to use and effective. It is large enough to have one batch of compost breaking down while starting on the next. It is easy to turn and doesn't take up too much space. In a year we have produced one batch of compost and are nearly ready for the second. We have not yet run out of room and the divider and dual system has worked well for us. We are able to compost food scraps, cardboard, paper and garden waste. It drains well with the breathing holes and days of wet weather have not turned the compost into sludge.
I would recommend reading all the instructions before assembling to avoid problems. We didn't and made it much harder than it had to be. It's a little bit of time to assemble but well worth the effort.

Purchased in June 2018 at Bunnings Warehouse.

LilyNSW, 2150

Makes composting fun and easy

Purchased in January 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$99.00.

Caro Dasked

Like Susi W, I have found in relation to the rod that runs through the middle, the screws on the bolts only screw up part of the way as well. Could someone please confirm if this is correct or not? Thank you.

jeff m.

Hi Caro. I just bought this same composter from Bunnings. The nuts for those two long screws that hold the rod through the middle of the composter in place are “locking” nuts. In other words they have a plastic liner in them that compresses and sticks the nut in place so that it doesnt unscrew on its own. It will take a little more effort, but i would get a spanner and tighten them all the way up to the rod. Cheers, jeff

Caro D

Thanks so much, Jeff. I used pliers and it worked a treat. Thanks again.

Susi W.asked

We assembled the composter but, in relation to the rod that runs through the middle, the screws on the bolts only screwed up part of the way. Is this right, please?

jeff m.

Hi Susi. I just bought this same composter from Bunnings. The nuts for those two long screws that hold the rod through the middle of the composter in place are “locking” nuts. In other words they have a plastic liner in them that compresses and sticks the nut in place so that it doesnt unscrew on its own. It will take a little more effort, but i would get a spanner and tighten them all the way up to the rod. Cheers, jeff

Thanks, Jeff, appreciated.

Leanneasked

Can I take out the divider on this model and use it as one barrel?
Also, does the open doors detach, so they dont run into the legs when turning upside down to empty? Looks like they are wider than the frame when open
Thankyou

Lily

Yes, you can remove the divider (but then why not buy one large barrel to start with instead of paying more for a double?) and yes the doors slide out completely, but it will still be difficult to empty as the doors are too small.

Maze
Ronen M.Maze

Hi Leanne, as Lily mentioned you can take it out if you need one full drum. There are larger horizontal tumblers available if you need. For example our 245L tumbler has a divider which can be removed as well and it has much larger doors. If you have any more questions please feel free to call us tomorrow to discuss.

Leanne

I thought I would start with one as a double barrel, but at times when I have got a lot of waste, I thought I can maybe go to two systems and use them as a large barrel each. But if the doors are too small for this it might not be a good idea...

Get an answer from our members and Maze representatives