Maze Dual 200lt Compost Tumbler

Maze Dual 200lt Compost Tumbler

3.0 from 1 review

See the Best Compost Bins in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Good size, poor design details

I bought this specifically because I wanted what the title suggested - Dual compost tumblers.
I wanted them to spin individually - check
I wanted them off the ground to avoid rodents - check
I wanted them to be long and narrow - check
but this is where it stops being as good as I imagined...
The lid is held on by a thin strap that detaches ridiculously easily, so the weight of the compost pops it off, voila - stinky compost all over the ground. In addition to this, it has some lip internally that i presume is supposed to help keep the lid on, but instead its just a little too tight to comfortably pull off with your hands - i need a lever, and obviously not strong enough to keep compost in.
There are NO aeration holes? strange in a tumbler.
Now that I've spent nearly $200 on this item, and it is sadly just the right size for my small courtyard, I will keep it, but I have had to add 2 stainless steel latches to either side of the lid, with a carabeena to keep it in place while I spin it. Plus a sturdy handle on the top of the lid so I can actually lift it off.
Next step is to drill tiny aeration holes around the base and the top...
Sigh... I feel like Maze did not even vaguely consider what a composter would need?!

Date PurchasedNov 2018