MPN:36283450

3.4
4.3
4.3
4.2
Brand Manager for Mercator? Claim your listing.

CSI
CSISydney, NSW3 posts

Great Ceiling fan

I’ve had this fan for 6 years. The air flow is even and gentle.. have been very happy with it through the hotter months Show details
Peter
PeterCanberra Central 2601, ACT

Fan won't return to summer function from reverse function

My fan won't return to summer mode from the winter reverse mode. Have pressed the reverse button inside the battery compartment on back of remote without success. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks
SJC
SJC2 posts

Perfect

Installed the dc eagle fan and it works great
Doesn’t blow you out of the room provides a good swirling air draft
We highly recommend this product as it not only doesn’t blow you out of the room it doesn’t blow your budget  Show details
gav
gavBrisbane13 posts

Don't buy

Agree with some the feedback below. We have two dc fans spent $300 each plus installed by the licenced electrician. None of these are working as per the speed they rated for. I have tried contacting the Mercator but no response. not sure what should I do. Thanks Show details
wade
wadeSouth East Queensland, QLD

Quiet & distribute air nicely throughout room

I like these fans. After installing 1st in large lounge room where it does great job moving air throughout the room (not just a down blast directly below the blades) I bought another for bedroom where it's perfect. Whisper quiet & gentle breeze. I'd buy more. Show details
De B.
De B.2 posts

It's called a fan, but it doesn't blow air

This fan is so slow.....it really struggles to blow a decent amount of air. When I buy a fan, I'm expecting it to have enough strength to blow a piece of paper off the table, but this one would struggle. The crazy thing is....there are 6 speed settings. I can physically keep my eye on the blades when they're at top speed!

Don't buy if you want to cool yourself. Maybe they're good for 'moving air'....but a bit much to call this product a 'fan'. They claim it uses 70% less power. That's because it only blows 10% of the air a normal fan does! Show details

Thomas
ThomasSouth East Queensland, QLD3 posts

Works perfect with 5 metre high ceiling

Pretty happy with the fan it doesn't spin that fast but has a high air output with the design.
With the seabreeze technology sometimes you think it's actually a window open with a breeze rather than the fan spinning Show details
Chris
ChrisSydney, NSW3 posts

Don H
Don HGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC8 posts

Great fans

Bought our fans about 12 months ago for the family room. We've had no problems to speak of and they are very quiet. We use them in conjunction with the air conditioning to push cool air through the house. The modern design looks good and they are quite a bit closer to the ceiling .

George
GeorgeGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC3 posts

Best fan ever

I purchased two of these fans. They are whisper quiet and perfectly balanced. My lounge and bedroom has 12 ft high ceilings but these fans move the air around with ease. The light is reasonably bright but dims down nicely as required. I don’t like the sea breeze function so much because I don’t like the air speed changing, but I see many other people really like the sea breeze....no big deal though. I highly recommend this fan and plan to install a few more in other bedrooms. Oh, and I got a great deal at CeilingFansDirect too, and they were very knowledgeable and friendly when I was in the phone to them when I had a few questions before I made my purchase.

Amandala1310
Amandala1310Coffs Harbour37 posts

I'm surprised by the negative reviews

My electrician recommended this brand and model because it's economical to run and functionally good. The fan is extremely quiet, and it definitely runs very fast on top speed. I also like the 'sea breeze' option, where the speed alternates. I'm only disappointed that I didn't think my colour choice through before purchasing two fans, because it's occurred to me that white plastics eventually turn yellow. Perhaps these blades won't go that way, but the stainless steel/grey option might have been a better choice for me. My only gripe is that the housing could have been better designed to hide the screws, otherwise the fan is pretty stylish.

GrannyBerd
GrannyBerdDarwin, Northern Territory3 posts

Don't Do It!!! Mercator very difficult to Deal with

We purchased 3 Eagle 1400 DC Ceiling Fans. One has been faulty from the start, turning off when it wants to. The fans don't go very fast. I'm in Darwin and am interested in seeing how effective they are in the wet season when the weather is disgusting. Mercator have been extremely difficult to deal with and would prefer to pay for a technician to come up from Melbourne to check the fan than just replace it. The fans were installed by a licenced electrician, they were replacement fans and isolation switches were installed. I'm glad we decided to trial the fans before installing them in every room of the house. We will be checking out other brands of DC fans. Our biggest complaint is the difficulty dealing with Mercator.

Pearl
PearlQueensland4 posts

Cookie
CookieSanctuary Point5 posts

Extremely Happy

Recently purchased a Mercator 1400 DC fan to replace a useless 5 blade Brilliant Arctic Ceiling Fan. The room in question is 4m x 5.5m and this fan absolutely kills it and it is only set on three. The previous fan had to be set on high to even feel any air movement and then the neighbors would be complaining because my TV would have to be so loud to hear over the jet above my head.

The Mercator also has a "sea breeze" function where the fan speed will vary from high speed to low speed continually which I find a very impressive function.

If you want a fan that works and have a room similar size I highly recommend this one

NymageeBoy
NymageeBoyDarwin, NT4 posts

Pierre-Yves D.
Pierre-Yves D.

I have three mercators fans installed in three different rooms, next to each other. They are all three meant to work independently from each other and did that very well for about two years after installation.
After an attempt to change one's battery this fan unsynched (unpaired) itself and this completely messed up the three. The three of them work but one seems to override the other two. In short, I cannot manage to re-pair (re sync) each of them individually. I will always have one turning the other two (or only one) on/off. I tried everything I could think of. They all are installed with an isolation switch (wall switch)
Anyone with an idea?

Stephanie H.
Stephanie H.

How to reverse Mercator flinders ceiling fan

Caro
Caro

This site says the blade material of the Mercator Eagle ceiling fan is "wood", but the official site says "Materials - Acrylic, Metal". Anyone know the truth?

See all Mercator Eagle 1400 DC questions

Body MaterialPlastic
  • MPN: 36283450
  • GTIN13: 9312699188862

Extra Information

Brand Manager for Mercator? Claim your listing.