Mercator Eagle 1400 DC

Mercator Eagle 1400 DC

MPN: 36283450

See the Best Ceiling Fans in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Nice wide spread of air.

Installed 12 months ago and very satisfied with the performance of this fan. Has a nice wide spread of air, rather than a concentrated down-draft under the fan, which is main reason I bought this model. I note some complaints here that doesn't move enough air. Perhaps, it doesn't run fast and produce a strong wind, but is whisper quiet and moves air right about the room nicely in my experience. I'm going to buy another 3 to install in other rooms in house.

Purchased in November 2018 for $250.00.

ThomasSouth East Queensland, QLD

Works perfect with 5 metre high ceiling

Pretty happy with the fan it doesn't spin that fast but has a high air output with the design.
With the seabreeze technology sometimes you think it's actually a window open with a breeze rather than the fan spinning

Purchased in November 2017.

Chris

ChrisSydney, NSW

Eagle dose not soar above us!

Purchased in February 2018 at CNW Port Macquarie for $330.00.

Don HGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Great fans.

Bought our fans about 12 months ago for the family room. We've had no problems to speak of and they are very quiet. We use them in conjunction with the air conditioning to push cool air through the house. The modern design looks good and they are quite a bit closer to the ceiling .

GeorgeGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Best fan ever

I purchased two of these fans. They are whisper quiet and perfectly balanced. My lounge and bedroom has 12 ft high ceilings but these fans move the air around with ease. The light is reasonably bright but dims down nicely as required. I don’t like the sea breeze function so much because I don’t like the air speed changing, but I see many other people really like the sea breeze....no big deal though. I highly recommend this fan and plan to install a few more in other bedrooms. Oh, and I got a great deal at CeilingFansDirect too, and they were very knowledgeable and friendly when I was in the phone to them when I had a few questions before I made my purchase.

Date PurchasedJan 2019

Amandala1310

Amandala1310Coffs Harbour

I'm surprised by the negative reviews

My electrician recommended this brand and model because it's economical to run and functionally good. The fan is extremely quiet, and it definitely runs very fast on top speed. I also like the 'sea breeze' option, where the speed alternates. I'm only disappointed that I didn't think my colour choice through before purchasing two fans, because it's occurred to me that white plastics eventually turn yellow. Perhaps these blades won't go that way, but the stainless steel/grey option might have been a better choice for me. My only gripe is that the housing could have been better designed to hide the screws, otherwise the fan is pretty stylish.

Date PurchasedAug 2018

GrannyBerd

GrannyBerdDarwin, Northern Territory

Don't Do It!!! Mercator very difficult to Deal with.

We purchased 3 Eagle 1400 DC Ceiling Fans. One has been faulty from the start, turning off when it wants to. The fans don't go very fast. I'm in Darwin and am interested in seeing how effective they are in the wet season when the weather is disgusting. Mercator have been extremely difficult to deal with and would prefer to pay for a technician to come up from Melbourne to check the fan than just replace it. The fans were installed by a licenced electrician, they were replacement fans and isolation switches were installed. I'm glad we decided to trial the fans before installing them in every room of the house. We will be checking out other brands of DC fans. Our biggest complaint is the difficulty dealing with Mercator.

Date PurchasedMay 2018

Pearl

PearlQueensland

Excellent fan, extreamely quiet & great air flow!

Date PurchasedJan 2017
Cookie

CookieSanctuary Point

Extremely Happy

Recently purchased a Mercator 1400 DC fan to replace a useless 5 blade Brilliant Arctic Ceiling Fan. The room in question is 4m x 5.5m and this fan absolutely kills it and it is only set on three. The previous fan had to be set on high to even feel any air movement and then the neighbors would be complaining because my TV would have to be so loud to hear over the jet above my head.
The Mercator also has a "sea breeze" function where the fan speed will vary from high speed to low speed continually which I find a very impressive function.
If you want a fan that works and have a room similar size I highly recommend this one

Date PurchasedMar 2018

NymageeBoyDarwin, NT

Quality product - but it has quirks - REBOOT!

Anne

AnneToowoomba

This fan is useless

We purchased this fan because it promised great air flow, what a load of rubbish, it had very poor air flow, the sea breeze setting is a joke, this fan won’t keep you cool as you can barely feel it!!!, the speed 1 to 5 are all the same, with speed 6 being only a bit faster. We have had to bring in the old pedistool fan on the warmer nights just to feel some breeze, which is very annoying because the reason for getting a ceiling fan in the first place was to get rid of the floor fan to create more space. Very disappointed and peeved off.

BSA Bantam

BSA BantamNortheast, VIC

So far very very happy.

Purchased in January 2018 for $200.00.

Power

Absolute garbage

I bought three Mercator Lilly fans, very similar to the Eagle fan. Fans were installed by a qualified electrician and after about one week's work on some hot nights, they all died. Tried the usual new batteries and to re-code the remotes, nothing worked. Was offered by their friendly staff warranty on all fans, but why would I shoot myself in the foot twice. Garbage.

Date PurchasedMay 2017

Spark

SparkJindabyne

No Airflow? Fan could be spinning in the wrong direction.

I am a sparkie who has installed several of these ceiling fans. I was quite impressed with their performance so I was surprised to see some poor reviews on this site. Those people who commented on the poor airflow got me wondering whether they have the fans set for winter operation, where airflow is directed towards the ceiling. This may not seem particularly obvious to some (some may not even be aware that this is an option) as the control button for this is tucked away in the battery compartment. The idea of this is to stop it being pressed accidentally.
It would be a good idea to give this button a try if you haven't already. Could be the quick solution to your problem.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Disappointing performance

Purchased this fan for our pergola using an extension tube.Sad to say that even on the max setting (6)you can hardly feel any air movement.Forget setting 1,2,3 or 4.The fan just does not rev hard enough to create a breeze.
Interesting to note the claimed flow rate of 12000 cubic feet is rated per hour.Other fans are rated per minute .This equates to 200 cfpm.Any way the fan now resides in a small bedroom where it is just acceptable.One star for looks and one star for the light.

Date PurchasedOct 2017
Kerry

KerryRedlands

Best fan ever

Extremely quiet, beautifully balanced, fantastic airflow without feeling like you are taking off in a jet plane, have tried many fans over the years but this one has to be the best for a bedroom area
Just gives you a nice gentle breeze while trying to have a peaceful sleep, plenty of speed options as well

Date PurchasedAug 2017

Vj Kannan

Vj KannanSpringfield

Mercator Eagle Ceiling fans

We bought four of these Mercator Eagle fans. Terribly slow and no airflow at all. When contacted the Mercator, they sent an electrician and he commented that airflow is poor and also added that they will send an expert to fix it. But after 5 days, the response was " our electrician told that the fans are working the way they are supposed to be". Disheartening response. Thinking of taking this further.. Mercator should be bold enough to advertise that their fans are very slow.

Date PurchasedApr 2017

Ben_KimMelbourne

Stylish, quiet and does the job

Overpriced and Too slow

Bought this fan recently and its terrible There are 6 speed settings but even at the highest speed setting.the air flow is barely noticeable.The sales crap of sea breeze feature is highly exagerated.
DC motor being efficient may be true... but if the fan is not able to provide enough air then whats the point of saving electricity
Overall highly overpriced fan

Wendiwoo

WendiwooQueensland, Australia

Absolute Overpriced and Overhyped Rubbish

lesley Hasked

reversing cycle for winter

Thomas

It does the button for it is actually on the remote controller on the back need to take the little battery cover off

lesley H

Thank you Thomas, did that several times, just confused as to whether it’s the red button or the wave button? Perhaps turning off at the wall first?

Don H

As another has answered, the button is inside the battery compartment of the remote.

jdcasked

Was on the verge of buying an Eagle 56'' fan but there seems such a mixed response here! Not sure if i should take the gamble on this fan. I am wondering if the issue is because it is being operated by a remote. Does an isolating switch come with the package? I am still running Martec fans for over 25 years.....might stick with that brand.

George

There is no isolating switch supplied with these fans but that doesn’t matter. You only need an isolating switch when you need to synch your remote control with the receiver on the fan, but it’s very likely that you’ll never need to perform that operation. The fan remote control unit already comes pre synched so the remote works straight away without the need for synching. The fan operates directly from the remote control without the need for a wall mounted isolation switch. The remote control unit operates just fine...definitely no issues there.

However, in the remote chance you need to resynch the remote sometime in the future you can do this without a wall mounted isolation switch. All you do is to ask the electrician installing which circuit the fan(s) are operating on and mark that on the relevant circuit breaker(s)in your meter box. All you need to do is flip the breaker and that achieves exactly the same function as a wall mounted isolation switch.

I purchased two of these fans a few weeks ago and couldn’t be happier with them. They are whisper quiet and move lots of air on the higher speeds. They have been a lifesaver with the heatwave we have been experiencing over the last couple of weeks. I’ll probably purchase a few more of these fans for other bedrooms in my house. I recommend these fans and the Martec brand in general.

Don H

My electrician used the wall mounted power switch previously installed for my old fans as an isolation switch.

jdc

Unusual why this fan comes with no wall control switch. Usually, with most other fans it is the other way around. You get the wall switch but remote is optional. Do these fans operate from a wall switch as well as the remote? Just worried if remote breaks down there is no way of operating the fan.

Lesa D

Lesa Dasked

My fan has stopped working - how do you re-pair the fan & remote? Had to do this before but cant remember the proces.
Lesa

NymageeBoy

These fans appear to occasionally "forget themselves" and require a re-boot. If this fan replaced a previous fan, or a fan with light was purchased to instal where a light was located, than there would be a wall switch. My fan has "occasionally" forgot itself, and one turns off the power to the fan, and re-powers ad it immediately will work. If you lack a power switch for the fan on the wall, the circuit breaker for the the fans/light will require tripping.

Advice: When installing the fan, maintain the original wall power switch or instal one. Otherwise it is a trip to the power box and tripping the circuit breaker for the fan's circuit.

Trust this helps

Get an answer from our members and Mercator representatives

CategoryCeiling Fans