Mercury 75 HP OptiMax

Mercury 75 HP OptiMax

3.7

Mercury engine reliability-complete piece of crap

Date PurchasedMay 2012

RobertRichmond-Tweed, NSW

Long ownership

I have had the OptiMax on my boost for 6 years not a problem great fuel economy and running costs. Have owned a number of outboards over the years the OptMax outclasses them all, would not hesitate In Purchasing another OptMax on my next boat.

Bigphil

BigphilHunter Region, NSW

Perfect Relibable Safe

Bought new starts first time ,no smoke,Tops mind blowing on speed & fuel .Very quite gear change and at idle ,eazy use.The price was cheep & so is the survice cost.I was unsure befor I bough for I love Johnson,But now I love OptiMax 75hp [censored word removed] it is fast and I love it 5star plus.
PS. Go for It Im glad I did
Reliable Tops on fuel fast v fast
Warranty too short 5 years free survice would be nice

Outboard Motors

Find out how Mercury 75 HP OptiMax compares to other Outboard Motors

Kenasked

I have a 2011 mercury optimax 75 hp, just bought it don't know anything about it, in low idle it shakes the steering wheel, if the boat is ideling I hear slight back fires and at half and full throttle I hear and feel slight back fires,,,changed the plugs , has good psi on all cylinders, ?????

Robert

I had a shudder at low idle turned out to be the top belt and the idler pully, replaced both and all was well, I would also check the fresh air filer next to the oil tank, this filter is not always changed as often as it should. The engine will always have a small vibration at low revolutions seems to be inherent in the model seems to even out at about 1800 rpm. I have never changed a coil pack, there is plenty of info on this item on youtube, these do give issues when they become faulty.

Thanks robert

calin d

calin dasked

2015 mercury optimax 75hp its a 4 stroke?

Robert

No two stroke, all optimax engines are two stroke.

Big Tom

Big Tomasked

Is the 75 optimal a 4stroke?

Robert

No it is a 2 stroke engine.