Microplane Classic Series Premium Zester / Grater

Microplane Classic Series Premium Zester / Grater

See the Best Manual Slicers & Graters in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Lyonwiss

LyonwissAU

Great but short-life

As many have found, Microplane is great, better than many graters before. But it is not durable. Don't know whether it is planned obsolescence. Mine disintegrated after a few years (using about once or twice a week for Parmesan), with the plastic frame first to go, then the very thin metallic foil began to split. For what the grater does, which is a relatively simple task, it is expensive (A$25-$50). For the price, there has to be some grater out there which does a equally good but lasts a lot longer.

Date PurchasedJul 2014

Annee

AnneeYorke Peninsula

Fantastic

I love my Microplane Zester. Its perfect for any citrus, nutmeg, ginger, etc. I have it handy in my kitchen drawer & use it all the time. Worth the money. I bought one for each of my grown up kids & my friend

sophie

sophieNoosa

it couldn't be any grater!! :) :D

love it! use it for zesting lemons, ginger, limes, oranges - really anything hard! it gives a very precise shave that is perfect for zesting - it doesn't absolutely destroy the skin when zesting it but it is fine enough that it is excellent added to icings etc. that require a smaller zest. my only wish is that it is a little easier to clean and wasn't so harsh on the knuckles!!

Dr. Kim Lowe

Dr. Kim LoweFar North Queensland, QLD

The grating surace flattens after several years

Euphemia Rose

Euphemia RoseAU

Can't live without it... but!

Dianacarla

Dianacarla

This was the first product microplane came out with (I believe) and it is such a handy thing to have in the kitchen, I used mine all the time and plan on getting another one. I see that it now comes in different colours, which are nice looking. Mine got used hundreds of times before the handle came off, from pressing the tip of the grater onto the cutting board while grating hard things like parmesan.
Very useful, does everything from limes to coconut. Easy to clean and use, very sharp and stays sharp through a lot of uses. Comes with a cover which is great if its in a drawer with other utensils.
Mine eventually wore out (handle broke off from metal fatigue after years of a lot of use).