3Microplane 4-Sided Box Grater

17% · 15 · 83%

Chlo
ChloSoutheast, SA21 posts

Wouldn't happily recommend

Wouldn't happily recommend. Tried grating 5 potatoes & the plastic snapped. It also needs to be stronger! Very very very sharp! Trust me. My finger slipped & ended up needing my finger glued.

Show details

grareyCanberra3 posts

box grater woes

agree with other comments ... plastic falls apart to easily for a busy kitchen. Works well if you use it seldom but to keep in frequent use needs to be more resilient. sharp though - undoubtedly.

Show details

zuezone
zuezoneAU5 posts

Annee
AnneeYorke Peninsula9 posts

Not what I expected

This grater has the Microplane name but its inferior rubbish. Its correct the plastic cracks & its isn't worth the money. I love Microplane grater quality in their zesters but this box grater lets them down. I have noticed that they have changed the box grater design to a stronger frame now, pity I cannot trade my older inferior one in & get the newer model.

rearview
rearviewBrisbane2 posts

Dianacarla
DianacarlaFar North Queensland, QLD216 posts

Good

Microplane make great products and this box grater is really nice to have in the kitchen. I took the tip of a knife and made the holes of the fine zester slightly larger, took me awhile but it works better now. This is SUPER sharp so be careful and don't start grating cheese too quickly before your used to it. One slip and you are missing a big patch on your hand. Nice to have the sharpness though once your used to it.
Super sharp and grates really easily. Four options for cutting/grating. Nice handle at the top so its easy to hold onto and rubber feet keep it from slipping on the cutting board. Cover is a handy thing to have.
The fine zester is a bit too fine, it may turn your parmesan into powder. Show reply

darlene ddittus
darlene ddittus

How do you open the trap door at the bottom of the Microplane box grater?

Microplane
Microplane   DM
Linda Harper
Linda Harper

I have had the Microplane 4 sided box grater for some time . It is used infrequently and stored in AC with the sleeve, & never washed in the dishwasher The plastic housing is now cracked with small black pieces of the black plastic breaking off into food. I have not had this problem with the small microplanes. I see others have complained to no avail to the company. What is Global doing to help or even compensate buyers of this expensive box grater if anything ????

grarey

we had the same issue. The box grater is not built to withstand any tension...and fails a basic construction build. I dismantled the whole thing and use 3 sides separately. overall a bad buy. should be taken off the market.

Microplane