Microplane 4-Sided Box Grater

2.0

Chlo

ChloSoutheast, SA

Wouldn't happily recommend

Wouldn't happily recommend. Tried grating 5 potatoes & the plastic snapped. It also needs to be stronger! Very very very sharp! Trust me. My finger slipped & ended up needing my finger glued.

Date PurchasedMay 2018
grarey

grareyCanberra

box grater woes

agree with other comments ... plastic falls apart to easily for a busy kitchen. Works well if you use it seldom but to keep in frequent use needs to be more resilient. sharp though - undoubtedly.

Date PurchasedMar 2016

Sensational blades but dreadful plastic frame that cracks and falls apart within months!

Date PurchasedAug 2015
Manual Slicers & Graters

Find out how Microplane 4-Sided Box Grater compares to other Manual Slicers & Graters

Annee

AnneeYorke Peninsula

Not what I expected

This grater has the Microplane name but its inferior rubbish. Its correct the plastic cracks & its isn't worth the money. I love Microplane grater quality in their zesters but this box grater lets them down. I have noticed that they have changed the box grater design to a stronger frame now, pity I cannot trade my older inferior one in & get the newer model.

rearview

rearviewBrisbane

Great design and function ruined by poor quality plastics

Dianacarla

DianacarlaFar North Queensland, QLD

Good

Microplane make great products and this box grater is really nice to have in the kitchen. I took the tip of a knife and made the holes of the fine zester slightly larger, took me awhile but it works better now. This is SUPER sharp so be careful and don't start grating cheese too quickly before your used to it. One slip and you are missing a big patch on your hand. Nice to have the sharpness though once your used to it.
Super sharp and grates really easily. Four options for cutting/grating. Nice handle at the top so its easy to hold onto and rubber feet keep it from slipping on the cutting board. Cover is a handy thing to have.
The fine zester is a bit too fine, it may turn your parmesan into powder.

zuezone