See the Best Laptops in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Expensive and terrible

Bought this for my wife, seriously expensive and looked really good at first. For the first month it was good but then started to play up, freezing every couple of hours. It was annoying but since she wasn't using it much, we didn't notice it until I started using it regularly. Then the keyboard was gone and wasn't typing, certain keys were not working. Contacted Microsoft service center and after two weeks they finally agreed to arrange for the unit to be returned and changed. We sent it and they sent us a "fixed unit", not the same unit but someone else's!!!! How do I know, you ask? Well after two weeks it also started to play up again, the monitor was going black and wouldn't come back. After a bit of investigation I found that the connection between monitor and keyboard was broken!!! So had to go through the process again, and took 3 weeks to finally send it back and send one back.
The new unit didn't have the same problem to begin with but then it started again. It freezes every 2 or 3 hours, I cannot tell you how many times we have lost documents or progress on a document online because this thing freezes. Everytime Windows updates, this thing freezes and has to be hard restarted. It is so annoying we are throwing it out and buying Apple. Now it is out of warranty and Microsoft says these are KNOWN issues but there is no solution, so even if I wend it back they can't fix things because these happen randomly.

Purchased in October 2016 at Microsoft online for $3,000.00.

Hardware
Front (Selfie) Camera Quality
Software
Security
Speed

Couldn't be more happier with my purchase

although this laptop is on the pricey it is worth every cent. the system and features of the laptop is amazing and i was not disappointed at all. also the battery life is amazing and i would rate it in my top three laptops that have long lasting battery life. moreover, this beautiful design of technology also looks great and the facial recognition is nice and also the powered mechanics behind the detachable screen makes it more easy and durable. i would recommend this to anyone who wants a laptop that performs well and is wiling to spend some money. i am glad for this purchase.

I love this computer!!!

I love this computer! When I first got it, I opened it up, and then plugged in its extremely easy to use charger, then waited for about 20 minutes for it to get a reasonable charge, and finally started playing around with the pen. That pen was on of the coolest things that I have ever seen. It has 2 sides: a writing and erasing side. The eraser doubles as a button that you can bind to different tasks to quickly pull up whatever you want to do. Whether you’re an artist, designer, or just taking notes on your screen, the Surface pen is extremely useful. Now onto the computer itself. It runs on Windows 10, but you can change that if you want to, and it contains 2 batteries. There’s one battery in the keyboard section, and one battery in screen section, and if you’re using just the screen for a tablet, you can put it on backwards to have a stand, and draw charge from the keyboard’s battery. It has plenty of storage to last a casual user for a while, but can easily have its storage expanded by inserting an SD card. The processing is fairly good for a laptop, but is going to be a burden if you run a graphics-intensive game or app. It has 2 USB ports, so you can use a flash drive and a keyboard/mouse, or whatever you want to do. It does require the Surface Mini DisplayPort to HDMI 2.0 Adapter to display the screen on an HDMI monitor though.

Best Device Ever Made

Simply stunning piece of technological design. The fulcrum hinge is brilliant, and the powered mechanics behind the detachable screen make it easy and durable. Complete metal body makes it a little heavy, but it is the feel of quality. Backlight keyboard and glass trackpad are very nice luxuries. Speakers are surprisingly great.

Date PurchasedAug 2018

Good Laptop

The facial regonition is super great, the charge it runs on is great too. The material which surrounds the keyboard however does get dirty so you must be careful with it and make sure to clean it regularly otherwise it will form permanent stains. Other than that, its a good laptop overall :)

Not bad

Bought beginning of this year for work purposes. It is quite pricey however, the design, durability, and amount of things you can do on it is impressive. Down sides include expensive, and not for gaming. Other than that, for work and business purposes, it's pretty good and flexible as you can write on screen like a wacom, and also rotate the screen, detach for doing different things etc. Overall, not bad if used for work. Gaming and using adobe programs won't run as well.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

BEST laptop / tablet hybrid out on market

Sure its a premium price you pay; but with this premium price you get quality from the outset.

Pros:
- the 3:2 screen aspect ratio is awesome for work and study (which is my main use).
- Great trackpad and keyboard. Reliable and good depth. Only annoying thing is the 'Fn' is used to toggle the F1 to F12 keys with Home, End, PgUp and PDn. This is annoying.
- the gap with the hinge is not an issue for me
- Pen is the best i've used
- Tablet feature is great - I bring the tablet to Uni / Work and use it standalone. Its great for taking notes and not having to carry everything. It would be great to have a smaller portable keyboard (maybe a blue tooth one?)

Cons:
- power cord is not really long enough
- screen is still a bit top heavy
- very expensive - I know I've mentioned the quality of machine but this IS VERY EXPENSIVE
- Forget about finding a case for the 15inch. I've looked forever and have not found a good case / bag for this beast.

Date PurchasedJun 2018

Awesome laptop with great specs, great hardware and awesome OS & battery!

This laptop is fantastic. Runs Windows 10, is super fast and despite the power it packs, the battery life is phenomenal. I find mine gives me 13 - 14 hours between charges and thats despite powering a high res screen, powerful processors etc and latest OS.

I had a great Lenovo Yoga prior to this and loved it, but this Surface laptop is definitely a notch above.

Date PurchasedJun 2018

This model is very good.

I bought Surface book with performance base. It was hot in the screen and the back during installing the updates. It works very well even running several visual studio instances and Lightwave 3D model program. The battery life is very good up to 15 hours with the base plugged.
However, it does not work correctly for the face identification. Sometimes it cannot unlock when I just get up in the morning.

Not a fan

Bought the surface book and to be honest, was not impressed. Went from an apple macbook and these machines were a little flimsy, bespoke and not that easy to use.

Overall, I would never replace a fleet of computers with this device but would only use them in a bespoke manner for users who would like to use this product.

Date PurchasedApr 2016

Surfacebook2

Wonderful machine, best laptop buy ever. Had a slight issues with detachable screen however got it replaced at no extract cost also the warranty on the new one started from the date of exchange. Screen has got amazing resolution, I also purchased pen and arch mouse with it they both are a good combination for this product. Heavy in comparison to few other products available in market, however comes with win10 loaded, and inbuilt antivirus.
Good machine if you work in digital stream, as your screen becomes a very important factor in color choices for websites and catalogues. It is expensive, not sure if it is worth the price will find out over time.

Date PurchasedMar 2018

It's OK

I bought the surface book after hearing all the things about it, and decided not to buy another laptop to replace the old one. But I wish I bought the laptop instead. It's not the easiest to use and I found it a lot less pleasant to type on its keyboard.....it may just be me, but I am not totally satisfied with it.

Date PurchasedJan 2017

worst laptop ever had

purchased brand new surface book, within 2 months got issues with the battery. Microsoft replaced faulty unit with refurbished one. what a nightmare, replacement unit delivered with fault. I have reported and explain the situation. however it has been more than 8 months now. problem remain unsolved and I have lost $2700, product is not reliable, not worth for the price tag and finally product backed up with terrible customer support

Date PurchasedJul 2017

This is amazing!

I love my surface pro! It is amazing! Perfect weight and size for all type of use. If performance was boosted this would be perfect for business. I currently use this for study. This is perfect to travel with and has never let me down so far. Microsoft is always a pleasure to deal with

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Beautiful Computer, but hard to depend on

I have owned the Surface Book Performance Base (i7, 8gb RAM, 2gb dedicated GTX 965m graphics) for about a year now. I think this computer is one of the best designed machines I've ever used. However, I am reluctant to recommend them- if you get a good one, I reckon you'll be very happy.

Firstly, the pro's:
1) The display has wonderful black levels, colour and contract, and the display gets very bright.
2) The touchscreen is convenient, and the pen works well.
3) The performance is generally good for moderate use.
4) The keyboard is really nice to type on, and the trackpad is the best Windows trackpad I've used- though not quite as good as my old MacBook for consistency.
5) The front facing speakers are great- not much bass, but clear and useful.

The negatives:
1) The big one- after about 1 year exactly, i had a hairline crack appear in the top part of the screen, stretching from the camera to the right side of the machine. The machine has not been dropped once since purchase and has been carefully treated. I believe the screen has cracked due to the strength of the magnets that keep the tablet closed, and over time the stress on the glass might have caused it to fracture. I will be taking it into Microsoft Store this week to see what they can do.
2) The machine has a few driver issues. When I first purchased the machine, the battery in the keyboard drained before the tablet component, but now they both discharge together which isn't normal, even when the machine is idling and fully charged.
3) The keyboard and tablet don't always talk to each other properly- depending on how you wake up the machine during sleep, sometimes the keyboard and trackpad don't work and you have to restart the computer.

Overall, it's a nice computer that I really enjoy when it's working, but the crack in the screen is really not acceptable to me, and I think if you choose to buy one then be very gentle- possibly put a cloth/pad between the screen and keyboard to reduce pressure on the glass.

I wouldn't buy another one until they fix these little problems.

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Excellent and reliable. Just perfect

Got this on a 20% discount thru microsoft ebay. Battery lasts for 12+ hours on continuous use and more than 2 days on intermittent use. Very stylish and it has a perfect screen. not the lightest ultrabook but still is very portable at around 1.5 kg. I highly recommend this to all.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Great Laptop, Fast

Got this laptop for %20 off on an Microsoft eBay sale.
This computer has great battery life and charges quickly.
The screen on the laptop is amazing, great resolution.
The build quality and packaging of the laptop is really good.
The other great thing if you buy from Microsoft it is usually delivered the next business day.

Date PurchasedOct 2017

You get what you pay for

After having a crappy laptop, I decided to get this laptop for almost $3000 but damn, it was easily worth it. From the extremely long battery life to the bright, clear screen and GTX 1050 GPU, the laptop does whatever I want to do at any time I want. With this laptop, I don't see needing to upgrade for much later in the future

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Perfect

Amazing tech right here would recommended to all, it is worth what its valued at. Does everything you need and more for daily use. I use it on the daily and cant live without out it. If your looking for a present for someone this will be a great choice as well.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

Amazing hybrid device

Bought this when it was on sale. Great battery life. The laptop is best of both worlds, as it is able to be used as a tablet through the detachable screen, and also as a standard laptop when needed. It also comes with a pen, that is useful for writing notes.

Date PurchasedJun 2017