Miele K 12820 SD EDT/CS (Stainless Steel)

Miele K 12820 SD EDT/CS (Stainless Steel)

See the Best Upright Fridges / Refrigerators in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

This fridge has been a disappointment from day 1!

I've been really disappointed with this fridge. From day 1, I found that the fruit and veg goes off faster than in my older fridge that I replaced it for. Then I discovered the evaporator which drains liquid from the rear wall of the fridge was not evaporating, leaked onto the floor, and had food protein residue so grew mould! Happened 3 times in the early days...so pleased I didn't get it built in! now I leave a paper towel in situ to stop it draining into it. The seals have cracked on the door (my mistake for buying an ex demo>>?, won't do that again!) and to fix the seals we have to replace the door at over $400? & now the handle broke!, I'm left trying to wedge open the door using my nails.....This fridge is a lemon, crappy seals, poor design for the evaporator (very hard to clean if you have to do it) and plastic handles used to push the door open - not up to Miele design standards. Love the freezer it is paired with but this fridge is not worth the extra dollars we spent on it. A very regretful purchase. Oh and they changed the handle design so it looks like the replacement handle won't match the freezer! (@ $160plus)

Purchased in December 2010 at Harvey Norman Appliances Physical Store for $2,000.00.

Noise Level
Internal Layout
Household Size 4 person(s)

Has wrecked my floor from leaking fridge.

I purchased my Miele Fridge and Freezer (Side by Side )thinking I was getting good quality product but the Fridge Side iis a LEMON.
Every Morning I come to the fridge and there is water all over the floor. It appears that the gully with the tiny
Black Hole just above the crisper in the bottom of the fridge is always blocking up the technician told me to use a cable tie to stick down the hole to unblock WHY DO I HAVE TO DO THIS on an expensive fridge? It blocks everyday so I have water leaking out therefore swelling my Laminate floors and wrecking them. I wish I could throw this fridge on the tip but I paid so much money cant afford to.

Purchased in November 2014 at Harvey Norman Physical Store for $2,500.00.

Household Size 3 person(s)
Hi there, please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience of the matter. If possible, can you email your full name and best contact number to prsupport@miele.com.au (please be aware this contact method is for Australia & New Zealand only) and a member of our team will be in contact as soon as possible? Please reference your Product Review username so we can identify you. Kind regards, Anna.

Handle broke off in two years !!!!!

I can't believe it, we spent an absolute fortune on Miele products and we have had so much problems.
I called today and l asked the question what if it breaks again? and the consultant assured me that it WON'T
LOL are they serious? I also told them that l have a 20yr old fridge half the price still running strong in my garage and yes the handle is still attached, l raised 3 young children with that fridge nothing fell off.
I actually told my husband that there is a flaw in the design and they all need to be replaced with a better quality handle as this is more of s case of faulty product which the consumer affairs l am sure will agree with.
I honestly did not know the problem was this bad.

last note l am now very upset with the consultants as they to tried to blame the breakage on us knowing it was a common problem with the fridge.

If my handle does break out of warranty l know who to call.

Date PurchasedNov 2016
Hi Malek, please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience of the matter. If possible, can you email your full name and best contact number to prsupport@miele.com.au and a member of our team will be in contact as soon as possible? Please reference your Product Review username so we can identify you. Kind regards, Miele.

Not a quality product

After only 5 months of use the handle is coming off. Even though it’s under warranty meile say it might be my fault and may have to charge me a call out fee. This fridge has had very light use by mostly just one person as all my children have left home. No quality and no warranty that backs you up when the product fails. Just a company that wants to blame you for poor design. Don’t buy Miele.

Date PurchasedNov 2016

Great quiet refrigerator

I recently purchased a Miele refrigerator and freezer (side by side). They are very quiet and efficient models that keep the food at a constant cold temperature. Good streamline design. It would be good if the light was not placed in the ceiling of the fridge as when shelves are full not a lot of light reaches the lower shelves. Not sure how the handles will hold up over time with kids opening the fridge. All in all very happy with the new products.

Date PurchasedMay 2017

Handle/Ice Issue

As per half of the review at the time of writing I have an issue with the handle on my fridge. It has been touchy for a bit and broke off completely over the weekend. I purchased in Nov 2012 but didn't start using the fridge til 2013. We are a family of four, children are older, we use the fridge responsibly and gently so the issue is not the result of poor treatment of the product. Called the agent where we purchased the product and they phoned me back with the quote for the replacement. I immediately told them it wasn't on, my old fridge of 20 years is still going strong in the garage having never been services. I call the Miele Service Dept who agreed to replace the handle free of charge for me to fit. the back panel of my fridge is constantly iced up and things always stick to it if pushed onto the panel, the fridge is running at the recommended temperature.

I splurged and purchased a number of Miele products for my new home three years ago and have been extremely disappointed. No longer are Miele cream of the crop, their quality has declined. You can spend a lot less and get better.

meile fridge is just an illusion

Same as Rita, my fridge also is always wet and water does come out of the fridge if it isn't wiped down constantly. This is very annoying. Today my fridge door handle broke as well. Almost a year after I bought it the dairy cover on the door compartment broke and came of. I called meile who after so many questions finally agreed to send me another cover free of charge. The fridge hadn't reached its warranty yet!!!! So many other things annoys me about it. Its size...it looks big but this is an illusion can hardly fit food enough for 4. Had I known so many problems with this fridge I wouldn't have chosen it. Looks aren't everything.