Miele K 12820 SD EDT/CS (Stainless Steel)

Miele K 12820 SD EDT/CS (Stainless Steel)

See the Best Upright Fridges / Refrigerators in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Hmm.. great fridge very poor handle design

I been the owner of a house full of Miele appliances bough in 2014. I love their fridge freezer combo in stainless steel, they have great temperature control, nice LED lighting awesome soft close doors on both freezer fridge. But the handle to open the fridge and freezer lets it down. I now need to replace the handle on the fridge for the second time. This is disappointing and a design defect which should be sorted by Miele.
I don't know how this design got passed the German engineers, marketing manager pressure?

Kind regards

Stefan van Rooij

Purchased in June 2014 at Heatcote in Hamilton, NZ for $3,500.00.

Noise Level
Household Size 4 person(s)

BeeSouth West, WA

Handle fallen off fridge

We bought this fridge/freezer pair and have had trouble with water pooling at the back of the fridge - it needs regular cleaning out to avoid it wetting the floor.
And most recently the fridge handle just fell off. I contacted Miele directly and they said they wouldn't replace it, but would organise a technician to come and inspect it - at our cost.
It is such a simple fix - the handle needs replacing however they refused to do this. So disappointed, the fridge is out of warranty but a handle shouldn't fall off under the Fair Use Policy. Won't be buying again and still am without a fridge handle.

Purchased in September 2015.

Noise Level
Household Size 5 person(s)
Jack TaylorMiele

Hi Belinda, please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience. We have received your email and will be in contact as soon as possible. Kind regards, Anna.

Bee

Thanks Anna, I appreciate your response and look forward to hearing from you.

nzpixi

nzpixiSydney, NSW

This fridge has been a disappointment from day 1!

Purchased in December 2010 at Harvey Norman Appliances Physical Store for $2,000.00.

Internal Layout
Household Size 4 person(s)
MOODY

MOODYSydney, NSW

Has wrecked my floor from leaking fridge.

I purchased my Miele Fridge and Freezer (Side by Side )thinking I was getting good quality product but the Fridge Side iis a LEMON.
Every Morning I come to the fridge and there is water all over the floor. It appears that the gully with the tiny
Black Hole just above the crisper in the bottom of the fridge is always blocking up the technician told me to use a cable tie to stick down the hole to unblock WHY DO I HAVE TO DO THIS on an expensive fridge? It blocks everyday so I have water leaking out therefore swelling my Laminate floors and wrecking them. I wish I could throw this fridge on the tip but I paid so much money cant afford to.

Purchased in November 2014 at Harvey Norman Physical Store for $2,500.00.

Household Size 3 person(s)
Jack TaylorMiele

Handle broke off in two years !!!!!

Date PurchasedNov 2016

Elizabeth

ElizabethBuderim

Not a quality product

After only 5 months of use the handle is coming off. Even though it’s under warranty meile say it might be my fault and may have to charge me a call out fee. This fridge has had very light use by mostly just one person as all my children have left home. No quality and no warranty that backs you up when the product fails. Just a company that wants to blame you for poor design. Don’t buy Miele.

Date PurchasedNov 2016

Wendy

Wendy

Great quiet refrigerator

I recently purchased a Miele refrigerator and freezer (side by side). They are very quiet and efficient models that keep the food at a constant cold temperature. Good streamline design. It would be good if the light was not placed in the ceiling of the fridge as when shelves are full not a lot of light reaches the lower shelves. Not sure how the handles will hold up over time with kids opening the fridge. All in all very happy with the new products.

Date PurchasedMay 2017

Sonya

SonyaOrange

Handle/Ice Issue

meile fridge is just an illusion

Same as Rita, my fridge also is always wet and water does come out of the fridge if it isn't wiped down constantly. This is very annoying. Today my fridge door handle broke as well. Almost a year after I bought it the dairy cover on the door compartment broke and came of. I called meile who after so many questions finally agreed to send me another cover free of charge. The fridge hadn't reached its warranty yet!!!! So many other things annoys me about it. Its size...it looks big but this is an illusion can hardly fit food enough for 4. Had I known so many problems with this fridge I wouldn't have chosen it. Looks aren't everything.

Morkinalice

Morkinaliceasked

Has anyone dropped a shelf? Beware shatters like a crystal glass shards everywhere and NOT SAFETY GLASS found out the hard way 6 cuts on feet from flying shards.

fiona
fiona

I had one explode on me when I was washing it.very scary I had no cuts but was very challenging.

Mat Bone

Mat Boneasked

Can I stop my door from opening 180 degrees? Thanks!

Colliedog
Colliedog

Not sure of the technical issue on this, but I should think that if you adjusted your legs underneath just slightly higher on the hinge side, then the door wouldn't swing open so far. You will still need it to open the 180 degrees to take the drawers in and out if needed. Best to give Miele a ring to confirm if you have any issues.

Get an answer from our members and Miele representatives

CategoryUpright Fridges / Refrigerators