Miele K 12820 SD (White)

MPN: K12820SD

• Internal Layout

Chris Mc Gregor

Chris Mc GregorCentral Queensland, QLD

hate replacing door handles for Excesive cost

Just like others on here I'm not impressed that a door handle is so weak and it costs $200 + to replace. Iam not preparewd to keep paying out to replace the door handle every few years other than this issue the freezer is great. Makes me think I won't be buying Miele again.

Purchased in March 2015.

HeatherT

HeatherTNortheast, VIC

Broken handles, seals and fills with water!

Our handles have snapped off, the fridge constantly fills with water, in spite of me regularly cleaning it and now the seals have cracked and broken. Am extremely dissatisfied with this fridge.

Purchased in January 2014 at Harvey Norman.

Household Size5 person(s)
Sam C

Sam CSouthern and Hills, SA

Great fridge, weak handle

Purchased the fridge freezer combo from Harvey Norman Mount Barker in 2016 when setting up house. We have been really pleased with the size/layout of the fridge, however the handle has snapped and won't open the fridge door now, really disappointed because the handle is so expensive to buy as a spare part. With a three year old and a new baby and all the costs that go along with that plus being a single income family this is a definite negative on the product. We now have to squeeze the seal to open the door.

Purchased in July 2016 at Harvey Norman for A$2,000.00.

Upright Fridges / Refrigerators

Find out how Miele K 12820 SD (White) compares to other Upright Fridges / Refrigerators

Megaload m.

Megaload m.South East Queensland, QLD

Great fridge horrible handle design

This is the 2nd handle in 5 years that has snapped on our fridge freezer combo. Our replacement handle for our freezer was $220 direct from Miele + installation. I would hesitate to purchase another fridge\Freezer is also about to snap. I think the fridge is fine otherwise.

Purchased in January 2016 at Ashgrove .

Household Size3 person(s)
Garth

GarthSouth East Queensland, QLD

Problems with fridge and freezer handles

We’ve bought a houseful of Miele appliances. We are elderly and bought these for there supposed long life. We have 2 freezers and 1 fridge, steam iron, washer, steam oven, microwave etc etc
Our 2nd fridge / freezer handle has just broken and the third handle doesn’t look too good. These are expensive to replace and is definitely a design fault.
Other than the handles the fridge freezers are working well but we certainly would like Miele to look after us especially with the amount of money we’ve spent with them.
We have recommended Miele to others but not too sure now especially with the handle problems. Never happened to us before with cheaper fridges in our younger days

Peter

PeterSydney, NSW

Design flaw in handles and drain blocks - seems Miele's standards are slipping

DisappointedSouth West, WA

Dissatisfied

We purchased a meile because we thought it was a superior brand but alas the door handle just snaps off in my hand. Over $200 for a new one. Definitely would not recommend to others. Handles very weak and flimsy.

Purchased at Retravision.

Pete Moore
Eaton, Western Australia
0419655561

Cattie

CattieBrisbane

Very disappointed especially given brand and price

Leaks water from the bottom.
Handles broke, paid to have them replaced and the broke again. Seals replaced twice.
No point paying a huge amount to have seals replaced again. Will be buying a new fridge and not a Miele

Purchased at Harvey Norman.

Household Size5 person(s)

High Price, and Poor Fittings

Purchased in February 2013.

Household Size6 person(s)

Fifi

FifiWestern Australia

Should have read more reviews before buying what I thought was a top brand and quality product..

The door handle has broken on the fridge a week after the 2 year warranty. I read up on the fridge to find that you need to drain it, from the back??? What? Don't know how they are supposed to be moved on a regular basis to clean. Really disappointed with this purchase

Purchased in December 2016 at RetraVision for A$3,598.00.

DrewSydney

Avoid Miele fridges and freezers at all costs.

Drew

Miele have dealt with my issue in a most satisfactory manner. Thanks.

Mark Heinrich

Mark HeinrichMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Great fridge, but poor handle design

Handle on the fridge broke within a short time. Replaced handle, and now open the fridge door by pulling from the top of door! Otherwise happy with performance of both

Purchased in September 2012 at Spartan Electrical for A$1,599.00.

Andrew L

Andrew LSouth West, WA

Disappointed, great expectations.

I have owned a Miele K12820 for the last 3 years during this time the drip tray in the back of the fridge has blocked up so many times resulting in water leaking from the inside of the fridge on to the laminated floor boards which are now ruined. Initially I had a technician out to clear the drip tray but it is ridiculous that you are expected to clear this every month or so. The handle has also been an issue and now it is just about to break. Two significant design flaws on an expensive refrigerator.

Purchased in January 2016 at retrovision for A$1,799.00.

Household Size6 person(s)
C DSlo

C DSloDarling Downs, QLD

Significant Disadvantage

This fridge suits all of the required purposes. Two fruit and vegetable drawers are a particularly desirable feature. Door trays could be just 1cm deeper. Greatest disappointment is that the door handle broke after a year's use. We were always careful not to pull on it roughly especially if it had just closed so it is with huge dissatisfaction I had it break off in my hand. We have a 60 year old fridge in the shed and its handle is still sturdy and working. Longevity of design not considered.

Purchased in November 2017 for A$899.00.

Broken handle AGAIN

After much research Miele Was the brand For me. I love, love my Miele fridge and freezer. I love the design and function. But the handle has broken 2 times. Why do they make them out of plastic. There is so much stress on the handle and for a product that is used often why plastic. I know I can buy a new handle but they are still plastic and I know the handle will continue to break. So disappointed.

Purchased in April 2014 at JB Hi-Fi.

Household Size3 person(s)

Dianne CollinsGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Crappy handle!!!!!!

This is a fantastic fridge except for the really poor design of the handle. An item that is under so much stress should not be made of plastic...really!!!!!
MINE HAS SNAPPED and I am not happy. I really dont want to pay for another one as the replacement is the same thing...no improvement is design or manufacture.
I will see if i can improvise another solution as the Miele product is no good.

Purchased in March 2014 for A$2,800.00.

Dianne Collins

Thankyou Miele your customer service is fantastic

Jacqui41

Jacqui41Queensland

Both handles on Miele broken in less than 4 years.

These handles are plastic, who puts plastic handles on a $4000 fridge freezer set. I would not vuy this brand again. Apparently they are made to last 20 plus years. Great so for the next 16 years I have to tug the crap out of the doors just to open them. We have to leave the doors open if we are meal prepping, or tag team and get as much as we can in or out in one go. How embarrassing we have renovated our whole kitchen around this set and now everyone laughs at us.

Date PurchasedJan 2012

Handle broke and now door seal

Handle broke within 12 months and now door seal is broken. Called Miele and was told that the whole door needs to be replaced at a cost of $400 + call out fee. I was told it would not be covered under warranty. Fridge is not even 3 years old! not happy to say the least. Would not buy again!

Date PurchasedMar 2016
Miele representativeMiele

Hi Vincent, Miele appreciates your feedback and apologises for the inconvenience. We will continue to work closely with you to ensure a resolution is met. Kind regards, Miele.

Steph

StephSouth East Queensland, QLD

Do not buy a Miele fridge

Terrible handle design. Has broken 3 times and now it's out of warranty they won't replace the handle. Freezer pair is fine but obviously doesn't get opened as much. Very regrettable expensive purchase. Leaks as well!!!
I am left with a fridge that we have wrestle open, is an embarrassment to us and should be to Miele!

Date PurchasedJan 2016
Miele representativeMiele

Hi Steph, Miele appreciates your feedback and apologises for the inconvenience. We can confirm the Service booking has been scheduled to assess your appliance and Miele will work closely with you to ensure a resolution is met. Kind regards, Miele.

Consumer

ConsumerAU

Better with a new handle design

We recently had the handle replaced (under warrant, great service from Miele). The new design seems much stronger and gently breaks the seal before opening the door. The fridge itself works very well, and is extremely hardwearing and easy to clean. We have the pigeon pair and they look great together. This is our first Miele and I have been very impressed by all levels of design in this fridge.

Date PurchasedDec 2016

Consumer

Consumerasked

K 12820 SD (White)

I am having trouble with water not draining away through the little drain yet I can't seem to reach anything that may be blocking it...any ideas? Have tried to use a straw.

Joe

Joeasked

K 12820 SD (White)

My refrigerator is 5y old. I had this kind of noises since the beginning but recently they became much more loud.
One noise is kind of LOUD BANG - as if somebody hit the refrigerator body with a hammer. Initially it was not as loud. When I made inquiry with the Miele service they said that it is nothing wrong. Maybe it is not but because it has became rather too loud I am concerned.
The other noise that is more noticeable than earlier is the noise as if it was a fluid bubbling into a container.
Anybody has any comment on these noises? Should I contact Miele specialists?
Joe

Hi Joe

Bubbling is normal, usually the coolant shuffling about. Our has always made some dripping noises et cetera, as the back wall defrosts and water runs down the hole and out to the container on the compressor to evaporate. Usually louder banging sounds are metal pipes expanding and/or contracting slightly. However a really loud bang could indicate an issue. As it would be even past its extended warranty if bought, as long as it's still working, I wouldn't worry.
Cheers

Jeanaasked

K 12820 SD (White)

Fridge door pops open about 20 seconds after you close it. What do I have to do to fix it?

Hi Jeana,

Can you explain a bit more? It should only open by pulling the handle, or is you handle sticking then "popping" which pops the fridge door open?

Cheers
Josh

Jeana

There was a broken plastic clip in bottom door hinge jamming the door. From memory part 14 in diagram of door.

Get an answer from our members and Miele representatives

Compare both Miele K 12820 SD