Millers Falls Log Splitter 40-Ton

Millers Falls Log Splitter 40-Ton Questions & Answers

23 questions from our users

Chris D.asked

How to stop leak in fuel tank

it depends where the leak is . I do know one other person who had a badly fitting fuel cap and the whole tank was replaced .

Chris D.

Just. Under the fuel tank,could be hydrolic hose maybe.

Tony J.

Tony J.asked

Can ur replace the eye where ur see if oil is full..? on the side.

Leigh J.

Leigh J.asked

Can you get attachement to bolt on to it to split the wood into 4 instead of 2 cheers

Ed E.

Ed E.asked

I have a slight leak in the hydrolic cap where u put the hydrolic fluid into what does this mean

Trevor
Trevor

try tightening the cap or you have too much fluid in the reservoir.

Higgo

Higgoasked

Ram is getting slower, fads and bkwds, is oil filter, if there is one, blocked? If so s it replaceable.

David

Davidasked

Looking for air cleaner set up and new fuel tank

Mark W.

Mark W.asked

Which direction is on on fuel valve as stickers halve gone

David W.
David W.

To the right on mine!

David

Davidasked

Looking for air cleaner set up and new fuel tank

Bass

Bassasked

Thinking of getting a millers falls 30ton splitter. I need to split up to 5m3 of hardwood each year. Looking at $1700 to buy. Should I buy them split already or split them myself

Ross Stevenson

Ross Stevensonasked

Hi my block splitte ram is very slow and won’t split wood could it be that there is not enough oil to operate ram it seems to shutter when on load

Chris D.

Check hydrolic fuel.had same problem.

Brenton

Brentonasked

Does anyone have a manual for a Millers Falls Worker Log Splitter 20Ton? If not, could someone please advise how to top up hydrolic fluid? I can get the ram to move back, but now it wont go forward - I presume there is not enough fluid to create enough pressure to get it to move forward. Thanks in advance

C.J

G'day mate, the filler cap should be on top of the resivour tank. I think mine has a clear inspection view plate so you can see the level. Don't over fill as the oil expands when it heats up.
I'm not a expert but it sounds more like a issue with the valve

Bluey

Blueyasked

I need a guviner spring for my 13 horse miller falls. Where to get one?

Boydy

Boydyasked

Where would I find serial numbers on my millers falls splitter?

Hi Boydy
Cant answer this one as i have sold my splitter.
Cheers

Rumple Stiltskinasked

Where can i buy an Hydraulic oil filter for my Black Diamond 40 ton splitter ??? I bought it from Best Buys Online , (Trading as Belic Tools And Machinery ) through Ebay .... But found they are useless when wanting spares . They dont even carry a spare parts list.

Hi There
Any mower or equipment dealer should be able to supply hydraulic oil. See my reply to Chris in 2017 who asked the same question.
Cheers J C

Rumple Stiltskin

I'm actually after an oil filter for the hydraulic oil . On my model it is built inside the tank .

Scott
Scott

How did you go chasing an oil filter element?
I just bought the same unit and want to change the filter after running it in.

Jim M

Jim Masked

Could you send me a price please?

C.J

I bought my motir on special for $200 , pull start not electric like the one the splitter came with. But both start easy with the pull start.

Brad

Bradasked

Where can i get a replacement fuel tank from or find out the part no. It is a QPE 13 petrol motor.?

C.J

Try best buys online. They sell the motors

Moz

Mozasked

Is it possible to purchase a replacement 4 stroke engine for a Millers fall 40ton log splitter?

C.J

Yes it is. And they are cheap

John Craven

The engine is a direct copy of a honda.

C.J

Try best buys online. What is wrong with it?

Chrisasked

What brand and type of hydraulic oil to use in my 45ton millers falls log splitter?

C.J

Mine came with oil. Give a supplier a call, I'm sure they will be able to help

John Craven

dexron ||| according to manual. may be a caltex product

Chris

Thanks for your help cj and john

Geoff Gasked

The pivot horizontal to vertical has locked up. Can a replacement be purchased?

Travis
Travis

Oil or WD40 and a couple of people to lift it up and down until the lubricant does its thing.

Geoff G

Wind-up handle feels like the gear teeth are broken.....Have tried the lubrication thing....

C.J

Can you post a pic of the problem area?

Ross Stevenson

Ross Stevensonasked

Just wondering how you get the wheel off because log psplitter has a flat tyre?

John Craven

just remove the bearing cap by tapping it gently with a rubber mallet on opposite sides then remove split pin and nut