Moccona Barista Reserve Crema

3.6

Worker Drone

Worker DroneMelbourne

Every day enjoyment

I have been drinking this brand of coffee for a couple of years now. I used two moderately heaped teaspoons and finish off with a good dash of pouring cream. This instant coffee does actually produce a pretty decent crema on top. I would prefer the consistency of this coffee experience than the hit and miss activity of the Melbourne barista scene. (And every few months it drops to half price @$9 so I stock up making it incredible value).

Purchased in September 2020 at Coles for A$9.00.

Great tasting, solid coffee.

Usually not an instant coffee drinker but definitely a good coffee.

Purchased in April 2020 at Coles for A$18.00.

Ana K

Ana KGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

love this! and i'm surprised

I am a big coffee snob but this is the best instant i've tried. Perfect for multiple cup office days. really tasty!

Purchased in October 2019 for A$12.00.

Instant Coffees

Find out how Moccona Barista Reserve Crema compares to other Instant Coffees

upsetcustomer

upsetcustomerCentral Queensland, QLD

Does not live up to my expectation

It is weak and watery, lack of aroma. Does not worth the premium price you pay for this product. Feel cheated by the advertisement. Fail to live up to my expectations.

Purchased in August 2019.

ACom

AComPerth

The best instant coffee I've tried!

I love this instant coffee! It's the best I've ever tried. At first I thought it had somewhat of a peculiar taste - it wasn't bad at all, just not the normal 'instant coffee taste' maybe because that's what I was expecting but it tasted more like a coffee you would get from a cafe. Definitely worth a try!

Purchased in November 2018 at Coles.

Keithy

KeithyNorth Queensland, QLD

For an instant coffee, it’s a good morning brew!

Purchased in December 2018.

Chrissy

ChrissyVictoria

Surprisingly really nice as a long black.

I don't like moccona classic so I was a bit hesitant trying this.
Surprisingly really nice as a long black for Instant coffee at home or work at a reasonable price. Will buy again

Purchased in February 2019 at Woothworths for A$18.00.

Jezzaj

JezzajHobart, TAS

International Roast?

Really awful "95% instant coffee 5% arabica" ?
Fine powdered junk. Don't buy. What are you doing Moccona, devaluing your brand with this rubbish? Baristas must be choking on thier Blend 43

Purchased in February 2019 at Woolworths for A$7.50.

Woeful

I recognise everyone has different tastes in coffee, so you may not agree with my review. I tried the Moccona Barista Reserve after years of drinking (and liking) the more standard Moccona product when I could not get something made by a barista. As instant coffee goes, the Moccona in the glass jar is the best instant out there IMO. So, based on the advertising, it looked like it could be a step up from the normal stuff. Wrong. Wrong. Wrong. It is worse than Blend 43 or some generic coffee- I have tasted better coffee on an airplane- the horrible aftertaste lingered for at least an hour afterwards. Just don't- stick with the normal Moccona.

Instant Coffees

Find out how Moccona Barista Reserve Crema compares to other Instant Coffees

Milzee

MilzeeMt Lawley

Substitute Coffee for Nescafé Barista Smooth

Following Nescafé removal of its lovely Barista Smooth, I tried Nescafé Gold Smooth which has an awful taste. I've found the perfect substitute for Nescafé Barista Smooth, it's Moconna Barista Reserve Crema. At $18 for a 175g tin, it's value for money and comes in very close to cafe style coffee, an absolutely beautiful coffee to start the day with.