Moccona Classic Dark Roast

Moccona Classic Dark Roast

See the Best Instant Coffees in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Moccona? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

2.8
NHP
NHPPerth, WA

Tastes burnt not enjoyable

Bought the smallest size possible to test and was disappointed. I drink black coffee and this tasted burnt and bitter . Cannot say how it will taste with milk, did not try. Have moved to making pour over coffee and away from instant coffee.

Purchased in February 2020.

Val
ValNorth Queensland, QLD

MOCCONA DARK ROAST 400G

Very bitter taste - we are unable to enjoy it anymore. Have a newly opened bottle? Telephoned the 1800 number- advised they appreciated feedback, requested contact info-not expecting any further response

Purchased in June 2019 at Woolworths Physical store for $24.00.

DebzSouth East Queensland, QLD

Not the same

I thought it was only me but its not. The coffee has a horrible taste to it for a while now. The ingredients have changed whether it's stated or not. And for the high prize it is selling for. I can just go get a cheap brand n it taste just like it. You guys always change things to the worst and take away what use to be the best.. Just like cheap nice coffee. People keep buying it than they replace it for an extra 10 dollars n make it taste horrible

Purchased in March 2019 at Woolworths for $13.00.

janet c.
janet c.South East Queensland, QLD

Taste Price Value

I love my Moccona Dark Roast coffee it has the great coffee taste that resonates on the tongue. It is quite magnificent when brewed with full cream milk. Far better value than available in any coffee shop.

Purchased in January 2019 at Woolworths Physical store for $15.00.

narelle g.
narelle g.Cq

Pretty good

I like a dark roast without the bitterness. This is a good instant coffee. I can't be bothered with brewed, percolated, or bench top coffee. Just boil the kettle and make it because i want it now, not in 10 minutes. Worth a try.

Angela03
Angela03Sydney, NSW

Terrible taste

Bought the above brand coffee from coles, it taste bad, not it used to be. Taste rusty and no coffee taste in this brand.
Very disappointed had bought 2 x 400 gm jars on special and now what to do, waste of money.
It’s sad that maccona use to be my favourite but not any more ...

Mohit
MohitGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Terrible, foul smelling

They've just replaced their coffees with cheap garbage. Bought a jar, was terrible, atleast the good people at Coles let me refund it open.

Ron G
Ron GGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Horrible taste

This used to be my favourite. Recently the taste is terrible. I noticed on the label that it is now made in Germany and packaged in the Netherlands (Medium roast No.5) and the dark roast No.8 is made in the UK. Pity they changed the recipe, I suppose that is why it is constantly on "special".

A Spade
A SpadeSydney

Not getting what I paid for

Purchased five jars for a caravan trip ( can't be without coffee! ) as well as a container which could hold 2000 grams as the weight of the glass jars would be detrimental. After emptying all jars into the said container the contents only came to just over 1820 grams. Emailed the company but no joy as they appeared not to care ( I have worked in customer service previously so know the language used was to fob me off ) I implore everyone to make sure you get what you pay for as these companies only care about profit.

Absolutely terrible!

This is the worst coffee I have ever drank, after they changed the formula.

Kevin
Kevin

Absolutely horrendous,

The taste is awful.This is what I expect from a cheap coffee.Well if I have to drink awful coffee,may as well buy the cheap brand and save some money.

Belinda
BelindaSydney, NSW

First & Best drink of the day!

This is my wonderful upper! Beautiful and Strong with a smooth original flavour.
Great coffee!

Find out how Moccona Classic Dark Roast compares to other Instant Coffees

Moccona have changed their process

You are correct. Moccona have changed their grinding process and done something to change the flavour. The granules are much smaller than they use to be. This is most evident in their Classic roast number 5. You may notice a change on the front of the label with a round white circle says " Now Richer Aroma" Well it is disgusting and leaves a sour after taste. Non drinkable. Nobody we have offered these coffees to drank them. I returned jars to the shop told them they are stale

Jeja
JejaNSW, 2217

Gone downhill - what have they done to my favourite cofdee

This was my absolute favourite brand and roast and have beem loyal for well over a decade but as of few months ago it has gone downhill and may as well be drinking bitter brownish dishwater.

No idea what has been done to the formula but I regret wasting my money on a few jars I bought during a sale and I guess now need to find a new coffee brand and flavour as what has been done to my fabe is just horrible

Top Three

As for instant coffee, this is definitely a top three for me.