Moccona Classic Dark Roast

Moccona Classic Dark Roast

Taste Price Value

I love my Moccona Dark Roast coffee it has the great coffee taste that resonates on the tongue. It is quite magnificent when brewed with full cream milk. Far better value than available in any coffee shop.

Purchased at Woolworths Physical store for $15.00.

Pretty good

I like a dark roast without the bitterness. This is a good instant coffee. I can't be bothered with brewed, percolated, or bench top coffee. Just boil the kettle and make it because i want it now, not in 10 minutes. Worth a try.

Terrible taste

Bought the above brand coffee from coles, it taste bad, not it used to be. Taste rusty and no coffee taste in this brand.
Very disappointed had bought 2 x 400 gm jars on special and now what to do, waste of money.
It’s sad that maccona use to be my favourite but not any more ...

Terrible, foul smelling

They've just replaced their coffees with cheap garbage. Bought a jar, was terrible, atleast the good people at Coles let me refund it open.

Horrible taste

This used to be my favourite. Recently the taste is terrible. I noticed on the label that it is now made in Germany and packaged in the Netherlands (Medium roast No.5) and the dark roast No.8 is made in the UK. Pity they changed the recipe, I suppose that is why it is constantly on "special".

Not getting what I paid for

Purchased five jars for a caravan trip ( can't be without coffee! ) as well as a container which could hold 2000 grams as the weight of the glass jars would be detrimental. After emptying all jars into the said container the contents only came to just over 1820 grams. Emailed the company but no joy as they appeared not to care ( I have worked in customer service previously so know the language used was to fob me off ) I implore everyone to make sure you get what you pay for as these companies only care about profit.

Absolutely terrible!

This is the worst coffee I have ever drank, after they changed the formula.

Absolutely horrendous,

The taste is awful.This is what I expect from a cheap coffee.Well if I have to drink awful coffee,may as well buy the cheap brand and save some money.

First & Best drink of the day!

This is my wonderful upper! Beautiful and Strong with a smooth original flavour.
Great coffee!

Moccona have changed their process

You are correct. Moccona have changed their grinding process and done something to change the flavour. The granules are much smaller than they use to be. This is most evident in their Classic roast number 5. You may notice a change on the front of the label with a round white circle says " Now Richer Aroma" Well it is disgusting and leaves a sour after taste. Non drinkable. Nobody we have offered these coffees to drank them. I returned jars to the shop told them they are stale

Gone downhill - what have they done to my favourite cofdee

This was my absolute favourite brand and roast and have beem loyal for well over a decade but as of few months ago it has gone downhill and may as well be drinking bitter brownish dishwater.

No idea what has been done to the formula but I regret wasting my money on a few jars I bought during a sale and I guess now need to find a new coffee brand and flavour as what has been done to my fabe is just horrible

Top Three

As for instant coffee, this is definitely a top three for me.

Will never switch to anything else

For the last 5 years, Moccona has been the only instant coffee brand that allowed in my pantry :) I've tried quite a few other brands but must of the time, either it isn't strong enough or it leave a burnt-like taste. I knew its a bit expensive when not on special compared to others but I think we get what we pay for. Personally I think if you're a true coffee drinker, there is not quite a compelling reason to not love Moccona :)

Just terrible!!!

I just purchased the Moccona Vanilla instant coffee and have to say it was the worst instant coffee I have ever had!!! I can't believe I wasted my money on this rubbish!! I still can't get rid of the taste in my mouth! I normally enjoy Moccona but I won't bother with this over rated brand again!!!
Nothing
Over rated!!

Please ignore this review and its star rating. The review refers to a totally different product, and has been reported 4/4/2014.

Instant coffee, meh

Well, If I drink coffee at home I use my plunger with quality ground coffee. This product was special at market, so I gave it a shot. I do not drink instant coffee very often so I am not familiar with it. I do not use milk. I think it is OK if I don't have time for plunger coffee. It has more aroma and body compared to other brands but still it is instant coffee, nothing more.

Yum!

I was never a big coffee drinker. I went away and this is all that was available. On first taste i thought this is way to bitter. But after the second cup its the only coffee i now drink.I wont drink coffee at a cafe now because it is not this drink!
Everything
Nothing

Excellent coffee

Moccona coffee is the pinnacle of coffee drinking for me. You'll quickly tell the difference between this and economy coffee, this has a full bodied taste and is truly worthy of the title "Dark Roast". While it's definitely not the cheapest coffee, you get what you pay for and this stuff proves that statement, it is very good coffee. Don't give it to visitors though, they'll keep coming back just to have your Moccona coffee!!
Full bodied taste, reusable glass jar, hard to go back to cheaper coffees
A little expensive, but you do get what you pay for

Full flavoured Coffee

While I enjoy my freshly ground coffee, I still like my instant coffees because they are different flavours and are easier and more convenient to make and have at work or on the run. I really enjoy the fuller flavour of this Classic Dark Roast and am happy serving it to friends and family.

I also love that you can wash out the jar afterwards and reuse it.
Affordable, delicious coffee.

If you are a true coffee lover, this is the drink for you. Its strong and rich flavour leaves the coffee lingering on the tastebuds. It is presented in a very fashionable glass jar, which is guaranteed to keep the blend fresh time and time again.
Stenghth in flavour