Moccona French Style

Moccona French Style

See the Best Instant Coffees in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Moccona? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

2.6
Peter A.
Peter A.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Garbage

After ruining the medium roast, Moccona customer service directed people to try the french style. And now they've ruined that too. Horrible bitter aftertaste. Undrinkable.

Purchased in September 2020 at Woolworths for $13.00.

Craig
CraigIllawarra, NSW

Another coffee ruined by change

i managed to buy 5 tins of Moconna number 5 (old aroma) when they changed the taste to bitter burnt poo! aka 'new aroma'. My tins ran out yesterday so i purchased french which used to taste ok. It too has been given the bitter burnt poo make over. Why, why, why?!?

Purchased in September 2020 at Coles for $13.00.

Smooth and delicious

Enjoy this coffee with cream! No bitter aftertaste and a great way to start the day

Purchased in August 2020 at Coles for $13.99.

Alexa
Alexa

Changed for the worst!

The French style used to bring me peace when I drank it but now I struggle to even smell it after they changed recipe. (Almost burnt like) Disappointing why they can’t leave a good thing alone. Now I’m stuck what to buy and wasting money on other jars that render just as bad. :(

Purchased in February 2020 at Woolworths for $16.99.

Steve
SteveSydney, NSW

Moccona have ruined another coffee

I had switched to French style months ago, on advice from Moccona, after they changed the brew of the Medium Classic that I had been enjoying. I recently bought four jars of French Style on special at store but discovered a definite bitter taste. I emailed Moccona - they have changed the recipe without notifying customers and their response was to try the Kenya. NO WAY! I do not trust Moccona anymore. Looking for another brand. Very disappointed! FYI, the coffee jars had a code L59256 and expiry 11 April 2021 - best to avoid.

Purchased in July 2019 at Woolworths at Prospect NSW for $13.00.

Kim
KimSydney, NSW

Moccona have ruined this too????

Used to drink Moccona medium roast till the recipe change. Disgusting taste. We moved onto French style as recommended. Purchased a jar in the usual shop a month ago and it had that same horrible flavour of the recipe changed medium roast!! Took it back and exchanged for new jar hoping it was a bad batch. It wasn't! What are they thinking??? Bye Moccona.... It's been great for about twenty years.... Time for me to move on...

Purchased in July 2019 at Woolworths for $9.00.

MiccaMelbourne

Has this changed too??

I was enjoying this coffee after the change to mild roast, however, my latest jar tastes suspiciously bitter, with memories of my previous Moccona experience. I'm hoping it is just a once off and the next jar will not be the same. If they've changed this coffee as well, then I seriously don't know who is in charge at Moccona at the moment, perhaps the opposition have infiltrated.

Purchased in July 2019 at Woolworths for $9.00.

Micca

Second jar unfortunately has the same bitter taste. So long Moccona, it was a good relationship while it lasted. Time for me to move onto something more my taste.

narelle g.
narelle g.Cq

Great coffee

This is a great instant coffee. Deep flavour without bitterness. I don't get sick of having it like some other coffees.

Other Instant Coffees

Can't get enough of this

Finally found a replacement for the classic roast. I make mine with milk 85 deg and a tablespoon coffee and half a marshmallow in a good size cup 300mls.yum.

Lorikeet
LorikeetAdelaide

Moccona French Style strength 3 is not full flavoured

I tried French style Moccona instant coffee after I complained to Moccona about the change in flavour of the classic medium roast (which has received many many complaints). The original pre-change "classic medium roast" was really good instant coffee which I cannot drink now that it has been changed. Although the French style is drinkable it is not good enough for me to buy since the flavour is too insipid. It doesn't have the burnt cheap flavour that the classic medium roast has gained after the "now richer aroma" flavour change, but it is not full flavoured enough. I can use a large heaped teaspoonful of the French style and it is still not strong enough. Moccona has lost yet another customer in me.

Dovi
DoviSouth East Queensland, QLD

Ex Moccona Lover

I tried Moccona French Style this morning because I rang Moccona and complained about their Medium Roast Classic which I had been drinking for more than 20 years until they recently changed the recipe. Moccona assured me I would love this French Style. Well, they were wrong, I do not like it and in my opinion it has the same bitter taste of the Medium roast but not quite as strong. I am very disappointed with Moccona and until they bring back the original Medium Roast Classic, I will not be purchasing Moccona again..

Mel
MelSouth East Queensland, QLD

Can't live without for years

I'm not into strong bitter coffee yet not into bland coffee. Moccona French Style is the best combination avail in instant market, with a dash of milk - Perfect!

Horrible AF

I am a black coffee drinker. I appreciate both instant and percolated coffee. This is hands down, the worst instant coffee I have ever tasted. It does not dissolve in boiling water, its taste is bland and yields no "foam". The fact that they put French style on the label is insulting.

Alex
Alex

Best Instant

Love this coffee, it is very smooth and look forward to it every morning. Actually helps me get out of bed in the mornings.

GreyGuru
GreyGuru

Wishy-washy

We bought this 'on special' at Woolworths expecting a stronger type of coffee, as this would be consistent with the French 'short black' style. I t was tasteless and relatively weak. Waste of money!
Low price 'on special'