ModelCo Tan Airbrush in a Can

ModelCo Tan Airbrush in a Can

See the Best Self-Tanning Products in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for ModelCo? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

Very good color!

I see comments regarding how fast it dries. I mix it with lotion and it makes it much much easier to put on evenly.

Bernie
BernieZillmere

Best colour I have found.

It is definitely the best colour I have found. You need a mit to even out the colour when you put more on in some spots than others, it takes a bit more prep because of overspray but gives a better result than mouse or oil, and you can cover out of reach places with a spray. Best to do in front of a mirror and lay down a tarp. I love it!

Win
WinAU

Revolting product

The nozzle does not spray evenly at all and leaves spots all over skin as it splatters out. Have never left a review but this tanning product would have to be one of the worst I have ever used. You would expect a lot more for the high price you pay. I can't use it, so now I am left with a full unused can. Such a waste!

Shaz W
Shaz WHobart

Won't bother using again

Have used this product twice now, the first time my application was terrible, (probably my fault) The second time I used a tanning mit and rubbed it in, was heaps better. I really like the colour, not orange at all. Probably won't purchase again though. Have used other products and had better results.

Self-Tanning Products

Find out how ModelCo Tan Airbrush in a Can compares to other Self-Tanning Products

Rowyrow
Rowyrow

Worse self tanning product I have ever used

I'm glad I bought this on sale because it is garbage. The spray nozzle gives a very uneven result and the colour is terrible. My legs look like I have a disease I have been home tanning for many years and pretty upset that I'm stuck looking like this for the next week! No one needs a tan lines this dark and orange but an Oompa Loompa! I can't express how bad this product really is its so blotchy yuck yuck yuck

Irritated my Skin

I am a spray tan technician and have been using Naked Tan and Moroccan Tan for over 5 years, I needed a tan desperately for this weekend and have ran out of solution (my fault I know) so I quickly ducked down to my local Coles supermarket and brought this product. I sprayed in a well ventilated room as I normally do and was left with a migraine all last night and half of today, I slept all of about 3 hours my skin was that itchy and irritated by this product and now I have ended up with a rash all over my legs.
The itch on my skin is driving me that crazy, I wish I had of just stayed white.
Will not be using this product ever, ever again.

Bc
BcMelbourne

Absolutely horrid

As usual I had a shower and exfoliated before applying the tan, instantly when I applied it, it was extremely blotchy and made me look like I had some sort of skin condition which I do not.. If it looked that bad before it even had time to develop I can't imagine how horrible it would have looked a few hours down the track... Jumped straight in the shower and washed this product off before I'd even finished the full body application so that is saying something. Don't waste your money on this product! Dreadful

FaithK
FaithKSydney

Waste of money

I have recently bought this product and I am very disappointed to say the least. It gives a good tan but leaves blotches and freckly appearance after a few days. I did all the necessary preparation and always take care of my fake tans so that they fade evenly. But not possible with this tan in a can! Even some cheaper brands such as Le Tan produce much better results. Never again! Absolutely Not recommended!!!
Didn't smell like other fake tanning solutions can tend to.
Initially looks reasonably okay but does produce some blotchy results and a freckled appearance after a few days.

Jade
JadeSydney

Tan in a can is bad!

Do not use this! It will turn you into an albino freckled frog! Yuck yuck yuck! I hate model co and i have no more faith in this brand it is just a waste of money! I have used there 2hr super tan mousse and now i just went to use the spray tan in a can and it has given me freckles all over! Please do not use! If you want a cheap option use le tan in a can or mousse or if you want the ultimate tan use st tropez!

Doesnt work!

Broken Nozzle?

It would be fantastic if the spray was working properly. Just opened it and there's clearly something wrong with the nozzle on this as it's not dispersing evenly at all; think big dark patches that you quickly have to rub in everywhere. I have faith in this though, maybe it'll calm down once I've used more of the product inside.
Nice colour, even if you screw it up it still looks ok
Not applying evenly at all, left dark spots on my bathroom!

virtualjen
virtualjenAU

Good

I've used this a few times now and really like the natural looking tan that it produces. The tan fades slowly rather than washing off in patches and for me lasts about 5 days. I use a glove and I find that this helps to distribute the product evenly. I've noticed that it can look a bit blotchy if not applied carefully.
Good colour, doesn't go orange. Long lasting.
Expensive. Can be blotchy if not applied carefully.

Lilibelle
Lilibelle

I use this all the time and swear by it. I often get comments on my tan and when I tell people it's from a can they ask what I use and where they can get some. I guess that speaks for itself. This is a must have item.
It's quick and easy to use. Doesn't have that awful fake tan smell and can be used on the face and body. Most importantly, it gives a realistic tan that never looks orange, blotchy or fake. Also it is available to buy online from the company direct which solves the problem of having to find it in the shops.
There is absolutely nothing I don't like about this product.

Mythic
Mythic

Good

I don't mind this tan, I've used it twice but it seems a bit of a rarity in the shops. Doesn't streak, but the fast drying action might leave you with some blotches!
Nice can, doesn't smell as bad as some spray on tans do, doesn't go streaky, lasts a little longer than most spray tans in a can do
Really hard to find, I only ever bought it twice and haven't seen it in my local shopping center since. Doesn't give you much time to blend the product as it dries super fast, but not bad for what you pay.

David23

A very good product and gives a realisted looking tan. Why is it so hard to find on the stores? Only Price Line Chemists and David Jones seem to stock it.

David23

A good prooduct but believe me, it does rub off particularly on white clothing and sheets. Expensive and hard to find.

puspus73
puspus73Perth, WA

Being a big tanner from way back I know my way around tanning products and this is definitly my favourite! It gives me a nice even colour (even if I skrew it up), dries fast and doesnt have that plastic smell some fake bakes have.
Smells like frangipani! Lovely colour, lasts about a week and can of tan lasts me 4 or more applications. Easy to apply, I always wear gloves and spray myself a bit at a time and rub the tan in - this way the bottle lasts SO much longer as you arent spraying it into the air.
More expensive than other brands that can do about the same job. For those on a budget its best for special occasions not for once a week tan-a-holics.

Chessy
Chessy

Good

Nice product, Would recommend it but as I mentioned above, it is extremely difficult to rub in evenly as the product dries way too fast.
Lovely colour upon application and colour which develops is also lovely. Smell is very nice.
Very very difficult to rub in. The product dries way too quickly and I find that I end up with uneven bronze patches as I cannot possibly massage it in evenly before it dries. PLEASE Model CO fix this and I will be a devotee to this product for the rest of my life.