For Medium to Dark Skin, For Fair to Medium Skin
See the Best Self-Tanning Products in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Dove? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

Pros

• Effortless to apply evenly

• Buildable for a darker tan

• Not patchy

• Causes Irritation Yes (0) · No (11)
  • Stains ClothesYes (3) · No (8)
  • Colour
  • Smell
  • Ease of Application
  • Coverage
elle
elleSydney, NSW

Love love love!

Easy and quick application, melts into the skin. Apply straight after a shower. The consistency is good, minimal smell, isn’t sticky and dries relatively fast. Not only does it moisturise the skin well but it gives you a lovely even natural glow. I am very pale, but use the medium to dark. I feel like it compliments my skin very well and doesn’t look too over the top like a dark fake tan would.

Purchased in April 2020 at Woolworths for $8.00.

HappybikerGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

I never thought I’d be this impressed

Due to walking often, my arms, face and neck have a lovely natural colour but my legs were lily white. This product was recommended by two friends and at the price I figured why not. Well, I am truly delighted. I’ve been applying it morning and night because I wanted a quick result. After four days my legs look almost the same colour as my arms.
Easy to apply, just like you would moisturiser. Make sure you apply in between your toes, not just across the top of your foot.
I apply this first thing after showering so that by the time I’ve finished getting ready for work I can put on my work pants.
I can’t recommend this product highly enough.

Purchased in December 2020 at Coles.

change packaging

I can't fault it except for the bottle that it comes in. I find it very hard to squeeze it out. Would be great if you could buy it in a pump ir tube

Purchased in August 2020 at Woolworths.

Sarah
SarahMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Love this product, can't do summer without it!

Exfoliate & moisturise lightly well before applying, be sparing on elbows, ankles & wash hands afterwards. Gives a nice natural glow when used daily, I apply before bed & wake up perfectly tanned.

Purchased in September 2020 at Woolworths for $8.00.

Self-Tanning Products

Find out how Dove Summer Glow Tanning Lotion compares to other Self-Tanning Products

Bella
BellaSydney Surrounds, NSW

This is a great product.

I love this product. The only thing I find after application is that my skin feels very sticky. Am I'm applying too much,or too often? It's my favorite product at the moment too..

Purchased in January 2020 at Woolworths for $8.00.

Lily B.
Lily B.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Love this gradual tanner. Easily buildable.

I've been using this product for over 3 years now, and I keep coming back to it! Extremely natural, but also buildable if you want a darker tan. Just make sure to exfoliate beforehand and leave it on for about 20 minutes before wearing clothes. I normally apply right after a shower at night and by morning I have a beautiful natural glow.

Purchased at Chemist Warehouse for $10.00.

Sam B
Sam BGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Such a great almost natural way of getting a safe tan!

So I have never been one to use moisturiser or fake tan but I figured before our trip to QLD I would start getting a tan to fade out the white. I use it all over my body and it doesn't feel oily or rough on skin. It's smooth and smells nice too. I started to use it straight after a shower as directed and applied it to a tanning mit then onto my body. I started seeing results in just 2 days! It doesn't settle orange or that obvious fake tan colour, it really does give you a natural summer tan. I would definitely recommend it to anyone who wants to get a fake tan without the cost of going to a tanning salon. I've seen no streaks or blotches which is also another bonus! Definitely give it a shot!

Purchased in September 2019 at Woolworths for $6.00.

Colour

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

Clara V.
Clara V.15 Nov 2021
smart-shopping-tips-to-help-you-make-the-most-of-black-friday-sales
How to be more eco-friendly when you're gifting this Christmas

Clara V.
Clara V.30 Nov 2021
how-to-be-more-eco-friendly-when-youre-gifting-this-christmas
Kelly
KellyPerth, WA

Great for a first time user

This is the first tanning product I’ve ever used and am very happy with the results so far. I use it as a standard after shower all over moisturiser. It applies evenly, and stalls nice, and isn’t thick or sticky. You can see results of the layering within a few uses. Great as an introduction into tanning products

Purchased in August 2019 at Woolworths Physical store for $8.50.

AbbieChristiansen
AbbieChristiansenSouth East Queensland, QLD

Not great. Wont use again.

I wanted to give this a go as had heard good reviews. I tried it on the weekend and sadly, I was pretty disappointed. Because it is clear you have no way of knowing if it is rubbed in or even etc. It smells the same as any other fake tan. Sorry, but I wouldn't recommend it.

Purchased in August 2019 for $30.00.

ElizaJasper
ElizaJasperSydney, NSW

No other product beats it!

Purchased in May 2019 at Woolworths.

Jen A
Jen AGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

I absolutely love this product! Applies on perfectly and only takes 10 minutes and 20 minutes to dry! It's perfect for last minute tanning before going out when your skin is looking pale and dull! Would highly recommend to anyone who doesn't have the time to properly tan or doesn't like tan but wants a glow!

Purchased in January 2019 at Coles Supermarkets for $4.00.

Rach
Rach

Cheap, but does a great job.

Not fancy packaging or advertising like some of the other brands you see on Instagram but this one has been around forever and people still buy it for a reason. It works! It builds a lovely natural glow and moisturisers at the same time. Also it’s cheap!

Self-Tanning Products

It only tand the spots that you’re body needs lotion, so it looks like a disease after you use it overnight

Ihapera
IhaperaOamaru

I loved using this product! It gave me such a nice tan, and it works very quickly. The only thing I dislike is the smell, but that issue is easily solvable. Quick tip: When applying tanning lotion, use a beauty blender! Then wash your hands with bar soap afterwards.

Perfect! Gradually tans as if it's natural, barely comes of in the shower and works quite quickly.
Would definitely recommend. Make sure you wash ur hands after applying. Hope this helps

DEANNA Y.
DEANNA Y.asked
Summer Glow Tanning Lotion

is it bad if I apply it on my face

Julie M.
Julie M.asked
Summer Glow Tanning Lotion

Can I shave after applying dove tanning lotion or will it take it off?

fiona M.
fiona M.asked
Summer Glow Tanning Lotion

Will this transfer onto my wedding dress ?

Happybiker

It doesn’t sweat out. Just make sure it’s completely dry, as per the instructions, before you put on your dress.

See all Dove Summer Glow Tanning Lotion questions

Features:

• The Dove Summer Glow Tanning Lotion comes in 2 shades - Fair to Medium and Medium to Dark, letting people of all skin tones use the product.
  • It’s a gradual self-tanner that can be used daily to help you build up a natural-looking tan, while moisturising your skin to leave it nourished and soft - this 2 in 1 product can help you save time as well as space in your bathroom cabinet.
  • You don’t need to wait hours for this self-tanner to develop - simply apply it to your body, wait for it to absorb, put on your clothes, and head out the door.
  • The self-tanner is formulated with Dove’s DeepCare Complex, which is a blend of natural nutrients and essential oils, helping soothe and smooth your skin.
  • The product comes in a 250ml bottle and costs $7.36.

Points of praise:

• Most reviewers found that the gradual tanning lotion was easy to apply and applied on evenly, largely thanks to its smooth consistency.
  • The self-tanner is also simply to layer and build up if you want a darker tan, according to reviewers. This makes it easier to achieve your desired tan colour.
  • They also appreciated how the product didn’t leave their tan looking streaky or patchy, saying that it looked smooth and natural.

Something to consider:

• While most comments about the smell were positive, there were still some reviewers who thought the self-tanner had an unpleasant smell. Because scent preferences are so subjective, we recommend smelling a tester of the product to see if you like it before purchasing.
Compare both Dove Summer Glow Tanning Lotion
Pros
  • Natural colour and gradual tan

• Moisturises skin

• Can be used daily

Cons
  • May sweat/rinse off easily

CategorySelf-Tanning ProductsSelf-Tanning Products