Morphy Richards Accents Traditional

Morphy Richards Accents Traditional

Metallic Red (102004), Graphite (102002), White (102005), etc...

• Incentivised Review Yes (0%) · No (100%)

Carol

CarolHunter Region, NSW

Leaks all over the place

We received this red kettle as a gift and it in less than three months old it leaks from the bottom of the gauge - we have no receipt so cant return it but it is a design fault which must be common in this kettle - it will have to be thrown away when we can afford to buy another kettle - very disappointed

Purchased in July 2019 at Myer.

Hi Carol,
Please contact our Technical Department on 1300 556 816 and they maybe able to assist with your enquiry.

Amy C

Amy CGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

The perfect kettle

Quiet to operate and looks fantastic on the bench top too. It doesn’t take long at all to boil and doesn’t have an irritating noise when it’s ready.

Very happy that I upgraded to this kettle.

Purchased in December 2018 at Myer.

TillySouth East Queensland, QLD

Extremely disappointed and this is my second Accent; purchased 2016 warranty 2 years.

Purchased in April 2016 for $100.00.

Brie

BrieFar North Queensland, QLD

Most Stylish Jug

I love this kettle. It looks so beautiful on my kitchen bench with the matching toaster. It is so easy to see how much water is left, the water taste so clean, heats up so quickly and being a mum i love that it whistles when its finished boiling, as somethings I forget what I was doing (eg. making a tea or coffee).

Purchased in June 2018 at Myer Retail Stores for $90.00.

Hi Brie,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review and we are very pleased you are enjoying your beautiful Morphy Richards kettle.

Giselle Randle

Giselle RandleGippsland, VIC

leaking

I purchased a Yellow coloured Murphy Richards kettle about five years ago. It didn't last longer than about 18 months as the element stopped working. Almost three years ago my daughter bought me another (same style) and now it is leaking and looks like corrosion on the gauge area. WHY can't this product have a longer life? It should be at least 10 years and it's dreadful that they can't be repaired...something else to go on the scrap heap and landfill. I REALLY wanted the yellow as it matched the toaster and now I don't think the yellow is available as it was very hard to locate when my daughter was looking. I hate the whistle which is turned off. Very very disappointing on all counts.

Purchased in December 2016 for $120.00.

Karen S

Karen SSydney, NSW

So pretty - so practical

The styling is just perfect, with the right amount of rose gold trim to create an accent. It heats quickly, the water window is accurate and easy to see. The cord can be tucked into the base so you don't have too much hanging on the bench. I just love it

Purchased in September 2018 at Myer Retail Stores for $89.10.

Hi Karen,
We are so pleased you are happy with your kettle. Thank you for taking the time to leave a review.

Connie

ConnieBerrimah

not the best, but not to bad

The speed for boiling: average
the noise: average (not too loud)
The design: nice, cute, but not really practical if you want to wash the interior part as the opening is too small! paint on the outer layer start peeling
it has whistle in it, which is good, but it is quite long, last a few more seconds than what's needed which can attract attention if you have it in the office!
I would rather choose other conventional design and brands like bre'**vl etc.

Date PurchasedApr 2018

The last of FOUR!

So sad to report that my experience with this kettle mirrors that of many others. My first purchase was about 5 years ago and each kettle (of the four) was replaced under warrantee. While the warrantee was honored three times, that is NOT the point!
It (the kettle) is a most aesthetically pleasing design, is well-balanced ergonomically, boils fast and relatively quietly......but, to continue manufacturing and selling a product that is not fit for purpose and has to be disposed of at this rate is utterly reprehensible. Won't buy any Morphy Richards product as long as I'm able to remember my terrible experience and will (with regret) share my experience with anyone who might be interested.

Date PurchasedOct 2013

Just exactly what I wanted

Stylish and perfectly proportioned.
I love it!
Pours smoothly perfect spout.
Fast boil and whistle option which I love!
So happy with my choice looks amazing and is perfectly functional.
If your looking for a practical stylish functional kettle at a good price this is it!
Matt white finish is great!

Date PurchasedOct 2018

Hi Jenny,
Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review of your new kettle.

Pathetic Product, Warranty and Replacement Policy

Original kettle was purchased in 2015 and broke after about 12 months. It was replaced under warranty with a new kettle, which has subsequently failed again after approximately 18 months. The second kettle was not replaced by Morphy Richards under warranty as they work from the first purchase date only, even though their products cannot last a 2 year period. Stay away from these products if you want something to last longer than 12-18 months.
Very dissatisfied with these products and wont be back.

Date PurchasedNov 2016

Emma

EmmaSydney

Does the job - aged poorly

Decent kettle. The water indicator ball became stuck about 1 year after purchase, so that no longer works. Also, the kettle ages poorly, with the finish on the outside picking up all grease and dirt etc. Overall, does the job and is still working, but maybe not worth the premium price tag.

Date PurchasedJul 2013

Kettle

KettleGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Terrible customer service for faulty items

I had a faulty kettle, contacted warehouse and was advise would send me a a replacement. I provided photos, serial number etc. I received the ‘replacement’ and it was sent the “aspect’ kettle and the box was ‘retapped’. When I notified The contact centre I was told they ‘could not garentee what kettle I received’ which was not the case and I had been asked two preference colours as they could not guarantee the colour.

Date PurchasedJun 2018

Leaky Kettle

I loved this kettle, I especially liked the whistle function but the whistle doesn't work anymore and the kettle leaks which I would think is rather dangerous. Only 18 months old too! This time I will go with another brand, which is a shame as I have the matching toaster as well.

Date PurchasedDec 2016

Terry GGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Wouldn't purchase again.

Paid $70. Not worth the premium price tag in my opinion. Loved the designer colour and look when I first purchased it but it aged poorly and leaked so I replaced it. The lid always stuck and made it difficult to fill. We are in Melbourne and no hard water problem & I use a descaler routinely so not a 'maintenance issue'. Within 12 months became dull and looked ten years old yet I know not to use abrasives. Operationally it isn't any different from a much cheaper kettle so you are paying for the nice look. It doesn't last very long. Wouldn't buy again.

Date PurchasedJul 2016
Terry G

Thank you for your reply. I did locate my receipt dated 14th July 2016 and do still have the kettle so I will follow up with your customer care team.

Maree S

Maree SGippsland, VIC

Great customer service - great product

My kettle stopped working after approx 14 months use. I emailed Morphy Richards and they replied almost immediately. I could not find the receipt for proof of purchase. They supplied a reply paid number for me to return the kettle & I received a brand new kettle a few days later by courier, I am absolutely delighted with their customer service.I would thoroughly recommend their products.

Date PurchasedJan 2017
GLEN D.Morphy Richards

Thanks for posting a review on our product, and thanks for referring us to your friends :)
We really appreciate your feedback.

Ninja

NinjaPerth

Just not designed to last

We've had to replace this kettle twice (under warranty) as it just starts leaking after a while. I like it while it works however. And the red colour is lovely. I'm going to get a kettle with a temperature setting next time, to save power and time when making green tea.

Date PurchasedJul 2015

Saadet

SaadetMelbourne

Love it!!

This kettle is so pretty with a beautiful Rose Gold touch. Purchased in Matte Black which compliments the accent (and my kitchen) beautifully. The kettle has a whistle when water has finished boiling which you can turn off if you wish. There is a measure on the side which tells you how much water is left in there which some ‘pretty’ electric kettles don’t have these days surprisingly!
The handle over the top is a nice touch and I was worried that maybe the steam from the spout would touch your hand as your pour however no such thing happened. Love it.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Poor customer service - Dimplex

I used some Frequent Flyer points to buy a Morphy Richards kettle 18 months ago. I bought this kettle as I'd had one before but the red metallic paint had chipped off and I wanted a better looking kettle. So... my current Stainless Steel kettle has been working for 18 months but developed a leak at the water gauge. It is possibly dangerous as the water dripped onto the electric switch. I sent an email to Dimplex and they said send it in. That was 5 weeks ago. I've been boiling water in a pot since I sent it in. I am told a replacement is on its way but I thought I'd share my experience.

Date PurchasedSep 2016
Willywag WA
Willywag WA

Richie

Richietweed heads south

Whistled twice then no more wft

I only heard the great whistle twice BOOOOOOOOO I can only hope I've touched a button or something. Any ideas on how I can fix it? Or possibly get a new one as I brought it online. I hope this is a good brand or next time I'm going for a cheap model

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Heather LSouth East Queensland, QLD

Gorgeous kettle!

This kettle is just gorgeous to look at! The black really makes the rose gold pop. It used to make an annoying whistle when it had finished but has stopped that thank god! I’m not sure how it just stopped making the noise, so if you’re buying it for that I’d consider it to stop working fairly quickly.

Heather L

Oh really haha thank you! Maybe my husband did it without me knowing!

Giny

Ginyasked

The on/off switch on the base has stopped functioning. I turn kettle on and off at the PowerPoint when I hear the Switch try to go off. As it is the shiny stainless steel version which is no longer made, I want to keep it. Is it possible to fix the switch please?

Angela C.Morphy Richards

Hi Giny,
Unfortunately we do not have spare parts or service agents for the kettles. During the 2 year warranty period it is a replacement warranty only. If you take the kettle to a small electric appliance repairer in your area they may be able to assist.

Tilly

If it has a 2 year warranty, under Australian consumer laws Morphy Richards should replace it. I had one that malfunctioned and EVENTUALLY the manufacturer replaced it. Persevere with them.

Hi Giny,
The kettle has a 2 year warranty so please take your kettle back to place of purchase with your purchase receipt and they will be able to provide a refund or replacement. As mentioned earlier unfortunately we do not have spare parts to repair the kettle.

Kate M

Kate Masked

Do you make any other electric kettle that whistles when boiled suitable for elderly. We have an accents traditional but this would not suit the elderly as the lid is to hard for them to remove. Looking for a kettle similar to the aspect, but I need it to whistle on boil.

Tilly

When I replaced my kettle I asked the same question and no Morphy Richards does not make any. I have seen any other brands who make them with the whistle. I liked the whistle myself.

Eleonore E.Morphy Richards

Hi Kate M
In the Morphy Richards range of kettles, the Accents model is the only one that will whistle when it boils.
Please note however that it is not necessary to remove the lid except to replace the lime scale filter.
The kettle can be filled from the spout for ease of use.
Should you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us on 1300 556 816

John S.

John S.asked

I have and love my kettle, however the base has come away from the electrical wires. Can these be purchased separately?

Hello John
Generally these parts are not available for the kettles, however we may be able to assist with a base for your kettle. Please contact us on 1300 556 816 and advise the model number of your kettle.

Get an answer from our members and Morphy Richards representatives