Morphy Richards Accents Traditional

So pretty - so practical

The styling is just perfect, with the right amount of rose gold trim to create an accent. It heats quickly, the water window is accurate and easy to see. The cord can be tucked into the base so you don't have too much hanging on the bench. I just love it

Purchased in September 2018 at Myer Retail Stores for $89.10.

Noise Level
Hi Karen, We are so pleased you are happy with your kettle. Thank you for taking the time to leave a review.

not the best, but not to bad

The speed for boiling: average
the noise: average (not too loud)
The design: nice, cute, but not really practical if you want to wash the interior part as the opening is too small! paint on the outer layer start peeling
it has whistle in it, which is good, but it is quite long, last a few more seconds than what's needed which can attract attention if you have it in the office!
I would rather choose other conventional design and brands like bre'**vl etc.

Date PurchasedApr 2018

The last of FOUR!

So sad to report that my experience with this kettle mirrors that of many others. My first purchase was about 5 years ago and each kettle (of the four) was replaced under warrantee. While the warrantee was honored three times, that is NOT the point!
It (the kettle) is a most aesthetically pleasing design, is well-balanced ergonomically, boils fast and relatively quietly......but, to continue manufacturing and selling a product that is not fit for purpose and has to be disposed of at this rate is utterly reprehensible. Won't buy any Morphy Richards product as long as I'm able to remember my terrible experience and will (with regret) share my experience with anyone who might be interested.

Date PurchasedOct 2013
Hi Anne Thank you for taking the time to offer your review on our product. Whilst it is frustrating in the extreme for you to have had to make arrangements for replacement, your review does not actually offer any indication as to the issue for you during your time using the product. If you are able to please advise further so that we can use this information for our own research and development moving forward, it would be very much appreciated. We do apologise for the inconvenience caused and hope that the fact that our warranty has continued to cover you well beyond the norm, that you will no longer continue to consider this a 'terrible' experience but will instead remember that our team was behind you all the way. We look forward to speaking with you again

Just exactly what I wanted

Stylish and perfectly proportioned.
I love it!
Pours smoothly perfect spout.
Fast boil and whistle option which I love!
So happy with my choice looks amazing and is perfectly functional.
If your looking for a practical stylish functional kettle at a good price this is it!
Matt white finish is great!

Date PurchasedOct 2018
Hi Jenny, Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review of your new kettle.

Pathetic Product, Warranty and Replacement Policy

Original kettle was purchased in 2015 and broke after about 12 months. It was replaced under warranty with a new kettle, which has subsequently failed again after approximately 18 months. The second kettle was not replaced by Morphy Richards under warranty as they work from the first purchase date only, even though their products cannot last a 2 year period. Stay away from these products if you want something to last longer than 12-18 months.
Very dissatisfied with these products and wont be back.

Date PurchasedNov 2016

Does the job - aged poorly

Decent kettle. The water indicator ball became stuck about 1 year after purchase, so that no longer works. Also, the kettle ages poorly, with the finish on the outside picking up all grease and dirt etc. Overall, does the job and is still working, but maybe not worth the premium price tag.

Date PurchasedJul 2013

Terrible customer service for faulty items

I had a faulty kettle, contacted warehouse and was advise would send me a a replacement. I provided photos, serial number etc. I received the ‘replacement’ and it was sent the “aspect’ kettle and the box was ‘retapped’. When I notified The contact centre I was told they ‘could not garentee what kettle I received’ which was not the case and I had been asked two preference colours as they could not guarantee the colour.

Date PurchasedJun 2018

Leaky Kettle

I loved this kettle, I especially liked the whistle function but the whistle doesn't work anymore and the kettle leaks which I would think is rather dangerous. Only 18 months old too! This time I will go with another brand, which is a shame as I have the matching toaster as well.

Date PurchasedDec 2016
Hello Tea Lover Please note that as part of the Glen Dimplex Australia group, the Morphy Richards range of electric product are sold with a 24 month ‘replacement only’ warranty in Australia. If your product is currently within this manufacturer’s warranty, please simply arrange return of your unit to your place of purchase along with your invoice/ proof of purchase to receive a replacement.

Wouldn't purchase again.

Paid $70. Not worth the premium price tag in my opinion. Loved the designer colour and look when I first purchased it but it aged poorly and leaked so I replaced it. The lid always stuck and made it difficult to fill. We are in Melbourne and no hard water problem & I use a descaler routinely so not a 'maintenance issue'. Within 12 months became dull and looked ten years old yet I know not to use abrasives. Operationally it isn't any different from a much cheaper kettle so you are paying for the nice look. It doesn't last very long. Wouldn't buy again.

Date PurchasedJul 2016
Hi Terry G - thank you for taking the time to offer a review of our product. We are so sorry that you have not had a positive experience during the time that you have owned your Morphy Richards kettle. Please note that we do offer a replacement via return to store during the 2 year warranty period. Given the date of purchase supplied, you are certainly able to return your product and receive a new kettle. Should you require any further assistance in relation to this process, please do not hesitate to contact our Customer Care team via phone: 1300 556 816 or email: customer.care@glendimplex.com.auThank you for your reply. I did locate my receipt dated 14th July 2016 and do still have the kettle so I will follow up with your customer care team.

Great customer service - great product

My kettle stopped working after approx 14 months use. I emailed Morphy Richards and they replied almost immediately. I could not find the receipt for proof of purchase. They supplied a reply paid number for me to return the kettle & I received a brand new kettle a few days later by courier, I am absolutely delighted with their customer service.I would thoroughly recommend their products.

Date PurchasedJan 2017
Thanks for posting a review on our product, and thanks for referring us to your friends :) We really appreciate your feedback.

Just not designed to last

We've had to replace this kettle twice (under warranty) as it just starts leaking after a while. I like it while it works however. And the red colour is lovely. I'm going to get a kettle with a temperature setting next time, to save power and time when making green tea.

Date PurchasedJul 2015

Love it!!

This kettle is so pretty with a beautiful Rose Gold touch. Purchased in Matte Black which compliments the accent (and my kitchen) beautifully. The kettle has a whistle when water has finished boiling which you can turn off if you wish. There is a measure on the side which tells you how much water is left in there which some ‘pretty’ electric kettles don’t have these days surprisingly!
The handle over the top is a nice touch and I was worried that maybe the steam from the spout would touch your hand as your pour however no such thing happened. Love it.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Poor customer service - Dimplex

I used some Frequent Flyer points to buy a Morphy Richards kettle 18 months ago. I bought this kettle as I'd had one before but the red metallic paint had chipped off and I wanted a better looking kettle. So... my current Stainless Steel kettle has been working for 18 months but developed a leak at the water gauge. It is possibly dangerous as the water dripped onto the electric switch. I sent an email to Dimplex and they said send it in. That was 5 weeks ago. I've been boiling water in a pot since I sent it in. I am told a replacement is on its way but I thought I'd share my experience.

Date PurchasedSep 2016
Good afternoon - please accept my apologies for the inconvenience that this delay in finalising your claim has caused. This is certainly not the service experience that we want for our customers at any point. I have sent you a PM requesting details with which I will be able to follow up your warranty claim via our Service team. As soon as I have this information, I will be able to advise further as to when you can expect to see your replacement appliance. Danielle on behalf of the Morphy Richards teamHi all Just a follow up. After several email exchanges between myself and the manager of Dimplex I would like to add that Dimplex have accepted full responsibility for my issue and as a gesture of good faith sent me a gift. Accordingly, I have to say I believe they are regretful for my delay and responded to my feedback.

Whistled twice then no more wft

I only heard the great whistle twice BOOOOOOOOO I can only hope I've touched a button or something. Any ideas on how I can fix it? Or possibly get a new one as I brought it online. I hope this is a good brand or next time I'm going for a cheap model

Date PurchasedJan 2018
Hi Richie - there is a small switch under the base that turns the whistle on and off. If you check this, you should be able to turn the whistle back on! If you have any dramas, please give our After Sales Support a call: 1300 556 816 or your place of purchase for further assistance.

Gorgeous kettle!

This kettle is just gorgeous to look at! The black really makes the rose gold pop. It used to make an annoying whistle when it had finished but has stopped that thank god! I’m not sure how it just stopped making the noise, so if you’re buying it for that I’d consider it to stop working fairly quickly.

Hi Heather - thank you for your review of our product. We are love the black and rose gold too!! About that whistle.. there is a small switch under the base that turns this on and off - if you check, you should find that you have turned it off rather than it just stopped working :)Oh really haha thank you! Maybe my husband did it without me knowing!

Leaks like a sieve!

Have had the kettle for about six months and today wated started leaking from the level indicator. Rather dangerous when dealing with electricity. Rather poor construction from an, until now, respected brand, Now in the bin and I will not buy another of their products, if this is an example of their manufacturing quality.

Date PurchasedJun 2017
Hi MickD - thank you for taking the time to offer a review on our product. It is a shame that you have binned the product as we do offer a 2 year replacement warranty on our appliances which means that if the issue was caused by any manufacturing fault (rather than say untreated lime scale) the unit would have been replaced by your place of purchase immediately.

Rubbish kettle just leaks.. caused smoke alarm to activate

Leaks at bottom
Nearly caused a fire
6 months old before leaks started
Purchased for over $100 it should last more then that.. considering a $20 probably would do better
Will not recommend to buy unless looking for a kettle to give you problems constantly i wish i read reviews before i bought one

Date PurchasedFeb 2017
Thank you for taking the time to review our product and we are sorry to hear that you have had this experience with your kettle. Please note that as part of the Glen Dimplex Australia group, the Morphy Richards range of electric product are sold with a 24 month replacement warranty in Australia. If your product is currently within this manufacturer’s warranty, please simply arrange return of your unit to your place of purchase along with your invoice/ proof of purchase to receive a replacement or refund as appropriate.

Great Kettle with some drawbacks

Exceptional looking kettle, works great. Very stylish addition to my kitchen. The kids love the whistle which sounds like a World War Two bomb dropping on London.
Unfortunately the bright red metallic colour appears to fade after extended use, it could just be where the kettle is placed(near the stovetop)
As my bright red metallic toaster has not faded at all. But the water still boils and the bombs keep dropping. Lol

Date PurchasedMar 2017

worst kettles ever

this is our 2nd kettle same problem leaking at bottom of water level window both have only lasted 6months ,but lost both receipts would never buy another one absolute rubbish...even someone with half a brain cell at morphy Richards would realize that the seal is weak. the amount of returns they get of this model with the same problem they must be aware of this but they just don't care..so never again! .. my advice is don't go near this kettle!!!..

Date PurchasedJun 2017

Leaking Kettle!!

I purchased the ASPECT Azure kettle and matching toaster in February 2017, 6 months later the kettle was leaking, I returned it to the store and was given a replacement kettle. That was the 4th of September and now, not even two months later, the replacement kettle has just emptied its entire contents of boiling water all over my bench top - my young grandchildren were in the area at the time and could have been scalded or electrocuted - this is potentially so dangerous. Now looking on the internet I am reading the same thing over and over again - leaking kettles! Surely aside from boiling water the most basic ASPECT of a kettle is that it doesn't leak!

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

I am looking to replace my electric morphy Richard whistling kettle and cannot find one anywhere Can you help me?
Hello Jac Thank you for your enquiry. The Morphy Richards range of products are sold through the major retailers such as Harvey Norman, The Good Guys and Betta electrical, please contact these retailer in your area and they should be able to assist you. I t would also be advisable to have the model number of the kettle that you are referring to when you contact the retailers. Please do not hesitate to contact us on 1300 556 816 should you require further assistance.Hiya Jax I got mine from Amazon.

I brought the kettle and toaster to match The toaster is fine buy the kettle is leaking very badly from the bottom We have had it 3 years I would expect for a kettle that cost me over 100 dollars would last longer than 3 years How long is warranty for I brought it from? Good guys I'm going to take it back there it's the kettle that whistles
Hi Liz M The warranty offered on the Morphy Richards product is 2 years - however you are right to expect the appliance to last longer than it has. That being the case, our Customer Care team is going to touch base with you to make arrangements for the appliance to be returned to our head office for assessment/ testing. Assuming the fault does not lie with incorrect maintenance eg descaling has not been performed and as such limescale has caused damage to the interior of the product etc our team will do all they can to assist. Should you have any queries or concerns in relation to this, please contact our After Sales team by email: customer.care@glendimplex.com.au or phone our office: 1300 556 816 We look forward to speaking with you soonHi Liz & Morphy Richards Official My kettle, purchased at JBHIFI in Launceston would be lucky to be 18 months. It is showing signs of the same corrosive scaling as the one described by Liz M and has just stopped working. I too paid $100 but have had better performance from a $7 KMart plastic one. Very disappointed. Peta A Scottsdale Tas

I have had my accents kettle (yellow) for several years. It still works well, but the base has started making a whistle sound which it has never done before. Is this broken and in need of replacement?
Good morning SalG, The kettle you have purchased has a whistling switch on the underside of the base. This switch can be turned on for whistling when boiling or switched off so it has no whistle. Perhaps during cleaning or moving the base you have unknowingly turned the whistling switch on. If we can be of any further assistance please don't hesitate to contact our Customer Care team on 1300 556 816.

Similar listings