Morphy Richards Accents Traditional

Morphy Richards Accents Traditional

Metallic Red (102004), Graphite (102002), Rose Gold (102107), etc...

2.6

FionaGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Looks great but leaks water!

We loved the look of this kettle and also had a the matching toaster but unfortunately after 2 years it has started to leak water from the on/off button. My mum has also had the same issue and has managed to replace hers however ours being just over 2 years old is out of warranty. We are so disappointed. You can see in the picture we have it sitting on a plate as water ends up all over our bench.

Purchased in February 2018 at Myer for A$116.00.

Eleonore E.Morphy Richards

Hi Fiona, I am sorry to hear you have an issue with your kettle, please send me your email address so that we can discuss this further, alternately you can email me at customer.care@glendimplex.com.au.

Fiona

Thank you will email now.

Daiane M.

Daiane M.South East Queensland, QLD

It’s a great product!

All my visitors notice it in my kitchen as soon as they come in! I love the sound when the water is boiled. The only negative aspect is that the outside gets hot... sometimes by accident I burn myself haha but it’s not a big deal

Purchased in May 2020 at Harvey Norman for A$119.00.

Hi Daiane M.
Thank you for taking the time to review the Traditional Rose Gold Kettle. Yes the outside of the kettle does get hot when it has boiling water inside so please take care.

This kettle is all looks no substance

This is a terrible kettle 1. the water doesn't stay hot for long at all so if you don't use it immediately you have to reboil it, 2. the water level is in a stupid spot & 3. it takes some fiddling to put it back on the stand thing

Purchased in March 2020 at Catch.

Angela C.Morphy Richards

Hi Angela, thank you for taking the time to review our product. Im sorry to hear that you are unhappy with your kettle and its functions. Please can you email us at customer.care@glendimplex.com.au so that we can assist you further.

Electric Kettles

Find out how Morphy Richards Accents Traditional compares to other Electric Kettles

itforsenior

itforseniorCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Good but has a problem

Like the price, sub $50, why would you pay more. Like the size, 1 litre. I could never figure why 1.7 was the default size, finally discovered this is 3 pints, which looks a more logical figure but too big for a couple. Like the colour, matches existing accessories. HATE the water gauge, why is it almost obscure, I am about to settle for looking inside to judge the level.

Hi itforsenior,
Thank you for taking the time to leave a product review.

Kylie M.

Kylie M.

Colour does not last and leaks

Had the kettle for a few years and the paint started chipping within a few months. The paint also faded in a drip mark pattern, almost as if from hot water dripping down the sides. I thought it was just mine, but my sister has the same kettle, purchased around the same time, but from different stores and she has the same marks.
The kettle will leak every now and then , but particularly when I'm descaling it. I thought the leaking was from overfilling but when I boiled with a descaling solution (per instructions), the liquid had leaked everywhere, and the kettle was empty

Purchased at Harvey Norman.

Hello Kylie
So that we have the opportunity to try and assist can you please contact our office on 1300 556 816 and speak to warranty team, please also have a copy of your purchase receipt at hand when you call.

Awful

Bought the set kettle and toaster black and rose gold, the toaster has never heated properly and the kettle leaks like a sieve disappointed. Love the look but now having to replace both

Purchased in April 2019 at Costco SA, Adelaide for A$250.00.

Hi Awful,
Thank you for taking the time to review the Morphy Accents Traditional Rose Gold Toaster and Kettle. If you are still within the warranty period please return the items back to store with your purchase receipt for a replacement.

Worse kettle ever

This was brought to match toaster within a few months paint flaked a couple of years old now but I am going to throw it out. Water level corroded and lid dirty looking.most expensive and worse kettle i have ever had

Purchased in March 2018 at Direct Chemist Outlet for A$60.00.

Hi Patricia,
Please send through photos of your kettle showing the flaked paint and corroded lid to our Service and Warranty Department at service@glendimplex.com.au with your contact details.

Patricia
Patricia
GLEN D.Morphy Richards

Hi Patricia, can you please provide us with your email address so that we can discuss this issue with you in private.

Jen25

Jen25North West, QLD

Style over Substance

Loved the look but when you boil it and pour a drink it bubbles up through spout when only half full making a big mess I wouldn’t buy this brand again

Purchased in October 2019 for A$100.00.

Sputnik1949

Sputnik1949Launceston, TAS

Never again!

I bought one of these and it seemed okay until the warranty was almost at an end, when it failed.
I could not find the receipt so was out of pocket replacing it. I will definitely never buy a Morphy Richards 'anything' again. Pretty poor when it can't even last the distance of the warranty.
I also know other people who have had similar experiences.

"Once bitten"
Michael

Purchased in May 2017 at Target Australia for A$79.00.

Hi Sputnik1949,
We are sorry to hear of your experience. Please call our technical department on 1300 556 816 to discuss further.

Carol

CarolHunter Region, NSW

Leaks all over the place

We received this red kettle as a gift and it in less than three months old it leaks from the bottom of the gauge - we have no receipt so cant return it but it is a design fault which must be common in this kettle - it will have to be thrown away when we can afford to buy another kettle - very disappointed

Purchased in July 2019 at Myer.

Hi Carol,
Please contact our Technical Department on 1300 556 816 and they maybe able to assist with your enquiry.

Amy C

Amy CGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

The perfect kettle

Quiet to operate and looks fantastic on the bench top too. It doesn’t take long at all to boil and doesn’t have an irritating noise when it’s ready.

Very happy that I upgraded to this kettle.

Purchased in December 2018 at Myer.

TillySouth East Queensland, QLD

Extremely disappointed and this is my second Accent; purchased 2016 warranty 2 years.

Purchased in April 2016 for A$100.00.

Brie

BrieFar North Queensland, QLD

Most Stylish Jug

I love this kettle. It looks so beautiful on my kitchen bench with the matching toaster. It is so easy to see how much water is left, the water taste so clean, heats up so quickly and being a mum i love that it whistles when its finished boiling, as somethings I forget what I was doing (eg. making a tea or coffee).

Purchased in June 2018 at Myer Retail Stores for A$90.00.

Hi Brie,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review and we are very pleased you are enjoying your beautiful Morphy Richards kettle.

Giselle Randle

Giselle RandleGippsland, VIC

leaking

I purchased a Yellow coloured Murphy Richards kettle about five years ago. It didn't last longer than about 18 months as the element stopped working. Almost three years ago my daughter bought me another (same style) and now it is leaking and looks like corrosion on the gauge area. WHY can't this product have a longer life? It should be at least 10 years and it's dreadful that they can't be repaired...something else to go on the scrap heap and landfill. I REALLY wanted the yellow as it matched the toaster and now I don't think the yellow is available as it was very hard to locate when my daughter was looking. I hate the whistle which is turned off. Very very disappointing on all counts.

Purchased in December 2016 for A$120.00.

Karen S

Karen SSydney, NSW

So pretty - so practical

The styling is just perfect, with the right amount of rose gold trim to create an accent. It heats quickly, the water window is accurate and easy to see. The cord can be tucked into the base so you don't have too much hanging on the bench. I just love it

Purchased in September 2018 at Myer Retail Stores for A$89.10.

Hi Karen,
We are so pleased you are happy with your kettle. Thank you for taking the time to leave a review.

Connie

ConnieBerrimah

not the best, but not to bad

The speed for boiling: average
the noise: average (not too loud)
The design: nice, cute, but not really practical if you want to wash the interior part as the opening is too small! paint on the outer layer start peeling
it has whistle in it, which is good, but it is quite long, last a few more seconds than what's needed which can attract attention if you have it in the office!
I would rather choose other conventional design and brands like bre'**vl etc.

Date PurchasedApr 2018

The last of FOUR!

So sad to report that my experience with this kettle mirrors that of many others. My first purchase was about 5 years ago and each kettle (of the four) was replaced under warrantee. While the warrantee was honored three times, that is NOT the point!
It (the kettle) is a most aesthetically pleasing design, is well-balanced ergonomically, boils fast and relatively quietly......but, to continue manufacturing and selling a product that is not fit for purpose and has to be disposed of at this rate is utterly reprehensible. Won't buy any Morphy Richards product as long as I'm able to remember my terrible experience and will (with regret) share my experience with anyone who might be interested.

Date PurchasedOct 2013
Danielle D.Morphy Richards

Just exactly what I wanted

Stylish and perfectly proportioned.
I love it!
Pours smoothly perfect spout.
Fast boil and whistle option which I love!
So happy with my choice looks amazing and is perfectly functional.
If your looking for a practical stylish functional kettle at a good price this is it!
Matt white finish is great!

Date PurchasedOct 2018

Hi Jenny,
Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review of your new kettle.

Pathetic Product, Warranty and Replacement Policy

Original kettle was purchased in 2015 and broke after about 12 months. It was replaced under warranty with a new kettle, which has subsequently failed again after approximately 18 months. The second kettle was not replaced by Morphy Richards under warranty as they work from the first purchase date only, even though their products cannot last a 2 year period. Stay away from these products if you want something to last longer than 12-18 months.
Very dissatisfied with these products and wont be back.

Date PurchasedNov 2016
Emma

EmmaSydney

Does the job - aged poorly

Decent kettle. The water indicator ball became stuck about 1 year after purchase, so that no longer works. Also, the kettle ages poorly, with the finish on the outside picking up all grease and dirt etc. Overall, does the job and is still working, but maybe not worth the premium price tag.

Date PurchasedJul 2013

Kiran

Kiranasked

Accents Traditional

How to fix filter inside the kettle which was floating inside when I opened the lid of the kettle?

Hello Kiran
The filter should just slide into the holder on the inside at the front of the kettle near the top.
Please do not hesitate to call us on 1300 556 816

Giny

Ginyasked

Accents Traditional

The on/off switch on the base has stopped functioning. I turn kettle on and off at the PowerPoint when I hear the Switch try to go off. As it is the shiny stainless steel version which is no longer made, I want to keep it. Is it possible to fix the switch please?

Hi Giny,
Unfortunately we do not have spare parts or service agents for the kettles. During the 2 year warranty period it is a replacement warranty only. If you take the kettle to a small electric appliance repairer in your area they may be able to assist.

Tilly

If it has a 2 year warranty, under Australian consumer laws Morphy Richards should replace it. I had one that malfunctioned and EVENTUALLY the manufacturer replaced it. Persevere with them.

Hi Giny,
The kettle has a 2 year warranty so please take your kettle back to place of purchase with your purchase receipt and they will be able to provide a refund or replacement. As mentioned earlier unfortunately we do not have spare parts to repair the kettle.

Kate M

Kate Masked

Accents Traditional

Do you make any other electric kettle that whistles when boiled suitable for elderly. We have an accents traditional but this would not suit the elderly as the lid is to hard for them to remove. Looking for a kettle similar to the aspect, but I need it to whistle on boil.

Tilly

When I replaced my kettle I asked the same question and no Morphy Richards does not make any. I have seen any other brands who make them with the whistle. I liked the whistle myself.

Hi Kate M
In the Morphy Richards range of kettles, the Accents model is the only one that will whistle when it boils.
Please note however that it is not necessary to remove the lid except to replace the lime scale filter.
The kettle can be filled from the spout for ease of use.
Should you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us on 1300 556 816

Get an answer from our members and Morphy Richards representatives