Morphy Richards Accents Traditional

Metallic Red (102004), Rose Gold (102107), Graphite (102002), etc...
Listing monitored by Morphy Richards

Rob
Rob South East Queensland, QLD

Expensive kettle that leaks.

Bought kettle less than 12 months ago.
Water leaks on to on/off switch. So have had to stop using it.
Most expensive kettle I’ve ever bought. What a waste of money.
Can’t find the recipe.

Purchased at Harvey Norman for $149.00.

Hi Rob
Thank you for taking the time to review the kettle. As the kettle has a 2 year manufacturer warranty please return it back to Harvey Norman with your purchase receipt for a replacement.

Leaks like a tap

Absolute waste of $140!!
I have never heard of a kettle leaking until I bought this one. I wanted to take it back, but of course I do not have my receipt, as kettles usually last a few years, I didn’t think I would have needed it.
Very disappointed!!
You should stop selling these immediately for safety reasons!

Purchased in February 2021 for $149.00.

Hi Suzie,
Sorry to hear that your kettle has been leaking. Could you please send through a photo of the kettle and your contact details to service@glendimplex.com.au

RIRIRI
RIRIRI

Looks great but is a lemon

Recently purchased this kettle with the matching toaster from Amazon. They look gorgeous but we have issues with both products. The kettle lid is an absolute debacle, it doesn't seal properly and is dangerous as it regularly pops off unexpectedly when pouring, falling into a pot etc. It was a bad purchase unfortunately.

Purchased in February 2021 at Amazon.

Electric Kettles

Find out how Morphy Richards Accents Traditional compares to other Electric Kettles

Hollee
HolleeNorth Queensland, QLD

After 7 months leaks and paint chipped off.

I purchased this kettle with a matching toaster 7 months ago, after 3 months I noticed all the paint has been chipped off the kettle, and today after 7 months I realized the bottom of the kettle at the gauge is leaking water like a dripping tap. I always spend decent money on my kettles and toaster because the last one I had lasted 5 years and then I sold it for $80 as a set because it was still in amazing working order. I purchased this new one because I liked the look of it in my new kitchen. I was lucky I purchased an extended warranty at Harvey norman and said to the lady if the new replacement kettle does the same thing I will be replacing the whole set with a new brand and never purchasing Morphy Richards products again.

Purchased in August 2020 at Harvey Norman for $169.95.

Hi Holle,
Please send through an email and photos to our technical department service@glendimplex.com.au so they can assist you further.

Susan L.
Susan L.

Paint disintegrated and now it’s leaking.

Paint has disintegrated off ruby red kettle and now it’s leaking. These same reviews are all through Both Morphy Richards and Russell Hobbs red metallic kettle reviews. I want another as it matches toaster, but they seem plagued with same problems. The paint only looked good for a year.

Purchased in July 2018 for $89.00.

GLEN D.Morphy Richards

The best kitchen appliances in 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-best-kitchen-appliances-in-2020

Best Fridges and Dishwashers in 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
best-fridges-and-dishwashers-in-2020

Avleen M.
Avleen M.23 July 2021
Dianne
DiannePerth, WA

Never again

Well just opened our new kettle so excited but while waiting for it to boil suddenly it started boiling over the top and my husband had to turn it off and in doing so has burnt his hand quite badly will be taking it back tomorrow and getting a diff kettle and sadly have toaster to match so will now have 2 diff products
Very disappointed even after trying to do it couple times it did the same thing this time though we had it on sink with long cord so could turn it off without getting burnt again

Purchased in October 2020 at Big W for $169.00.

FionaGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Looks great but leaks water!

We loved the look of this kettle and also had a the matching toaster but unfortunately after 2 years it has started to leak water from the on/off button. My mum has also had the same issue and has managed to replace hers however ours being just over 2 years old is out of warranty. We are so disappointed. You can see in the picture we have it sitting on a plate as water ends up all over our bench.

Purchased in February 2018 at Myer for $116.00.

Eleonore E.Morphy Richards

Hi Fiona, I am sorry to hear you have an issue with your kettle, please send me your email address so that we can discuss this further, alternately you can email me at customer.care@glendimplex.com.au.

Fiona

Thank you will email now.

Daiane M.
Daiane M.South East Queensland, QLD

It’s a great product!

All my visitors notice it in my kitchen as soon as they come in! I love the sound when the water is boiled. The only negative aspect is that the outside gets hot... sometimes by accident I burn myself haha but it’s not a big deal

Purchased in May 2020 at Harvey Norman for $119.00.

Hi Daiane M.
Thank you for taking the time to review the Traditional Rose Gold Kettle. Yes the outside of the kettle does get hot when it has boiling water inside so please take care.

Angela
Angela

This kettle is all looks no substance

This is a terrible kettle 1. the water doesn't stay hot for long at all so if you don't use it immediately you have to reboil it, 2. the water level is in a stupid spot & 3. it takes some fiddling to put it back on the stand thing

Purchased in March 2020 at Catch.

Angela C.Morphy Richards

Hi Angela, thank you for taking the time to review our product. Im sorry to hear that you are unhappy with your kettle and its functions. Please can you email us at customer.care@glendimplex.com.au so that we can assist you further.

itforsenior
itforseniorCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Good but has a problem

Like the price, sub $50, why would you pay more. Like the size, 1 litre. I could never figure why 1.7 was the default size, finally discovered this is 3 pints, which looks a more logical figure but too big for a couple. Like the colour, matches existing accessories. HATE the water gauge, why is it almost obscure, I am about to settle for looking inside to judge the level.

Hi itforsenior,
Thank you for taking the time to leave a product review.

Kylie M.
Kylie M.

Colour does not last and leaks

Had the kettle for a few years and the paint started chipping within a few months. The paint also faded in a drip mark pattern, almost as if from hot water dripping down the sides. I thought it was just mine, but my sister has the same kettle, purchased around the same time, but from different stores and she has the same marks.
The kettle will leak every now and then , but particularly when I'm descaling it. I thought the leaking was from overfilling but when I boiled with a descaling solution (per instructions), the liquid had leaked everywhere, and the kettle was empty

Purchased at Harvey Norman.

Eleonore E.Morphy Richards

Hello Kylie
So that we have the opportunity to try and assist can you please contact our office on 1300 556 816 and speak to warranty team, please also have a copy of your purchase receipt at hand when you call.

Bought the set kettle and toaster black and rose gold, the toaster has never heated properly and the kettle leaks like a sieve disappointed. Love the look but now having to replace both

Purchased in April 2019 at Costco SA, Adelaide for $250.00.

Hi Awful,
Thank you for taking the time to review the Morphy Accents Traditional Rose Gold Toaster and Kettle. If you are still within the warranty period please return the items back to store with your purchase receipt for a replacement.

Worse kettle ever

This was brought to match toaster within a few months paint flaked a couple of years old now but I am going to throw it out. Water level corroded and lid dirty looking.most expensive and worse kettle i have ever had

Purchased in March 2018 at Direct Chemist Outlet for $60.00.

Hi Patricia,
Please send through photos of your kettle showing the flaked paint and corroded lid to our Service and Warranty Department at service@glendimplex.com.au with your contact details.

Patricia
Patricia
GLEN D.Morphy Richards

Hi Patricia, can you please provide us with your email address so that we can discuss this issue with you in private.

Jen25
Jen25North West, QLD

Style over Substance

Loved the look but when you boil it and pour a drink it bubbles up through spout when only half full making a big mess I wouldn’t buy this brand again

Purchased in October 2019 for $100.00.

Sputnik1949
Sputnik1949Launceston, TAS

I bought one of these and it seemed okay until the warranty was almost at an end, when it failed.
I could not find the receipt so was out of pocket replacing it. I will definitely never buy a Morphy Richards 'anything' again. Pretty poor when it can't even last the distance of the warranty.
I also know other people who have had similar experiences.

"Once bitten"
Michael

Purchased in May 2017 at Target Australia for $79.00.

Hi Sputnik1949,
We are sorry to hear of your experience. Please call our technical department on 1300 556 816 to discuss further.

Read more reviews - page 2

Gav
Gavasked
Accents Traditional

What is the best way to descale a Morphy Accents Traditional? A sales representative from Harvey Norman suggested using the Breville Eco Liquid Descaler. Is this right?
Kind regards
Gav

Hi Gav,
Any descaler from the Supermarket should work. Just follow the instructions on the packet. We are not affiliated with any particular descaler brands.

Affy
Affy asked
Accents Traditional

hello the kettle model is: 102031 and i have the following problem; the light on the kettle is on when i put the switch down but the kettle is not boiling. Not sure what the issue is, can you help?

Hello Affy
Thank you for contacting our office.

Please note that as part of the Glen Dimplex Australia group, the Morphy Richards range of electric product are sold with a 24 month ‘replacement only’ warranty in Australia. If your product is currently within this manufacturer’s warranty, please simply arrange return of your unit to your place of purchase along with your invoice/ proof of purchase to receive a replacement/refund.

Kirsty M.
Kirsty M.asked
Accents Traditional Sage Green (102011)

Why has your company not tested your product properly? I was so excited to find a kettle and toaster in the mint colour, to accent my kitchen and living area, and was about to place my order, but upon reading the reviews have decided against it! To be honest, I’ve not seen an appliance review with such a bad rap, and it seems most of the complaints are the same, which means it’s either a design flaw, or a manufacturing problem. Either way, I would think it’s something your company would get right onto, before more problems arise, and fix the errors that have been made!! I’m so disappointed! Does your company plan on fixing the seemingly, many flaws your product has?

Danielle D.Morphy Richards

Hello Kirsty
Thank you for touching base regarding your concerns with the Morphy Richards kettle (ie review posted under model: 102011).
Please note that the model number 102011 that you have commented on has now been obsolete for a number of years.
We would also like to draw your attention to the fact that the Morphy Richards range of products are always under review and being updated to improve our function and design in order to address any concerns that may arise.
Please have a look at the current model that is available in the beautiful mint green colour that you are looking to purchase:
100015 for the kettle and 240015 for the toaster.
Should you have any further question please do not hesitate to contact us on 1300 556 816

See all Morphy Richards Accents Traditional questions

Get an answer from our members and Morphy Richards representatives

Compare all 22 Morphy Richards Accents Traditional
CategoryElectric KettlesElectric KettlesElectric KettlesElectric Kettles
Price (RRP) $139.95$139.95$139.95$139.95
Features360° Swivel Base, BPA Free and Water Gauge360° Swivel Base, BPA Free and Water Gauge360° Swivel Base, BPA Free and Water Gauge360° Swivel Base and BPA Free
Capacity1.5 L1.5 L1.5 L1.5 L
Variable Temperatures NoNoNoNo
Power2,200 W2,200 W2,200 W2,200 W
Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)
Colour / FinishBlack and Rose GoldSage GreenGraphiteMetallic Red
Construction MaterialStainless SteelStainless SteelStainless SteelStainless Steel
Release dateJan 2011Jan 2011Jan 2011Jan 2011