Munns Golf Course Green

Munns Golf Course Green

2.0

PeterSouth East Queensland, QLD

Never again

My usual lawn fertiliser was sold out so I bought two bags of Munns Golf Course Green just based on the description on the bag. Big mistake. You cannot use a mechanical spreader to distribute the fertiliser because it won't work/clogs the mechanism. The product itself it like flour in consistency and very hard to hand spread with any even coverage. BTW, coverage is MUCH less than expected (or stated on the bag). The result after watering and some good rain is a very patchy lawn colour with areas of vigorous growth and barely any new growth. It isn't a good product if you can't spread it easily or evenly. Not recommended.

Purchased in October 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse.

Damo

DamoMount Barker

Terrible, hard to spread, used a whole bag on 30 square metres

Tried spreading this sandy rubbish. I don't care if it works it's a joke trying to spread it. Big lumps that continually block the spreader. Don't waste your money. Will never buy again

Purchased in October 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$50.00.

Horrible.

I used it as directed on my pencross bentgrass lawn. The day i used it we had 40mm of rain and was 18 degrees so it was washed in well. The day after i had yellow patches. Also a yellow tinge to most of the lawn. My lawn went from being a great green colour to yellow and green. What a waste of money.

Date PurchasedSep 2016
Garden Maintenance Products

Find out how Munns Golf Course Green compares to other Garden Maintenance Products

JJSouth Australia

This product really delivers results.

With so many under performing and over priced garden products out there, this one is exceptional.
I applied it according to the instructions and within a week had noticeable results.
In two weeks, my lawn transformed from wiry and patchy to thick, vigorous, healthy and green.
This non-pelletised fertiliser is good value and highly recommended.

Desasked

is it correct that you cannot use a spreader for Munns golf green fertiliser

Peter

I use the Scott's Easy Hand Held Fertiliser Spreader which has no problem with other fertilisers. The Munns Golf Green fertiliser is like a fine powder rather than small granules and the spreader just doesn't work. I also found that trying to hand spread the Munns fertiliser was problematic. You just couldn't get the coverage - very patchy.

Des

Thanks for your answer. Used Scotts easy spreader and worked well after breaking up lumps

Sue

Sueasked

Is Munns Golf Course Green ok for Buffalo and Kykuyu lawn?

JJ

I expect so, my lawn is a mixture of Santa Anna couch and other grasses and they all thrived on the stuff.
You could check with Munns direct to be sure.

pres

presasked

hi! is this fertilizer dog friendly? Ron

Hi Ron
I can't say it is dog friendly as I honestly don't know.
It comes in granules and disperses easily over the lawn area.
On this basis I doubt that a dog would pick it up easily and if it did the amount would be small.
Suggest you ring Munns for their advice.
I would take the approach of watering it in well straight after applying it.
Cheers