Vanish Napisan Oxi Action

Vanish Napisan Oxi Action

In-Wash Gel and Powder

See the Best Laundry Detergents in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Sassy bunny

Sassy bunnySydney, NSW

Caused bleach type stains

2 of my sons shirts that are my falconers have just been ruined by this product. I the past I had noticed items of clothing coming up sight these marks but never put two and two together. Only Since repurchasing last Saturday and putting a cap full in my normal load have I noticed these stains come back. Has ruined 2 Lacoste shirts - will not every purchase again im extremely disappointed.

Purchased in October 2019.

Moonie MichaelSouth West, WA

Vanish! It's laundry magic!

Purchased at Woolworths 6230.

Smell
Causes Irritation No
Tracii

TraciiSydney, NSW

Absolute Rubbish

Used it on my daughter's newly bought sheets and it now has yellow stains on it. If I could give no stars I would. Please don't buy waste of money.

Purchased in September 2019 at Coles for $18.00.

Causes Irritation Yes
JLA

JLAGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

total failure

I found ordinary washing power more effective than Vanish. I tried soaking white cotton sheets in it to get them whiter, no change. I tried it directly on poster water based paint on trousers, just like they do in the advertisement. the poster paint barely faded and I ended up with a white patch on the beige trousers. I tried it on soiled sport soxes, also no improvement. White king bleach is cheaper and gives me result every time.

Purchased in April 2019 at Woolworths for $12.00.

Smell
Causes Irritation No

Louise

LouiseSydney, NSW

Good but really bad packaging

I will give it a 5 when they decide to think about the correct packaging. These heavy plastics have to go and do not belong in this day anymore. I do like the product it does work, but I won't buy it with this kind of packaging. It is just one use throw away and manufacturers need to take responsiblilty

Purchased in January 2019.

Rac Smith

Rac SmithGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Terrible - Ruined a new shirt

I used it for 15 min pre-wash on a brand new men’s shirt. Ruined the neck of the shirt.
I wish I had read this article earlier. So very disappointing!

Purchased in August 2018.

Diva

DivaGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Nice sale gimmick

The Napisan Vanish Oxi Action stain remover hardly removes stain as it is shown on TV. Only if the manufacturer Reckit spent some money in researching the right product. I have tried on organic stain and it does not work.

Purchased in January 2019 at Big W for $9.99.

Smell

Jeremy

JeremySouth East Queensland, QLD

Terrible

I hand washed some washing earlier today, I now have red marks and welts all over my hands. This is with the product with the new packaging. I never had this happen with the old packaging/formula.

Purchased in May 2019.

Causes Irritation Yes
Megan jayne

Megan jayneMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Don't waste your money

Soaked my white tops one had stain.. After soaking for many hours the stain still there and my whites are now a off white dirty colour... Very disappointed won't be using again

Purchased in May 2019 at Coles Supermarkets for $6.00.

Smell
Causes Irritation No
MickyB A.

MickyB A.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Used to be good

Purchased in February 2019.

soumi

soumiSydney, NSW

If you use sunscreen with oxybenzones, don't use this

Swap to a zinc based sunscreen as oxyaction actually creates yellow stains from oxybenzone based sunscreens. What you now have is a rust stain, so you'll need to use lemon juice to remove.

Purchased in June 2018.

Ruined new shorts

Brand new linen shorts 3 days old got a stain so soaked with napisan oxiaction... says safe on colours and only identified wool silk and chiffon not to be soaked... still bleached the shorts ... what a waste

White lace & satin vintage wedding dress became free of storage stains

Soaked wedding dress which was stored for 30 yrs & had storage stains, in Napisan oxi- action & mild detergent for 12 hrs. Put in the sun. Storage stains disappeared! It’s white & beautiful.

bridgedaw

bridgedawSydney

Silk night mask ruined

I just hand washed my white eye mask It now has yellow streak marks. Very annoyed and disappointed. Why is the new batch ruining fabrics that have been fine before? I will never buy this brand again

Lara

Lara

Expensive white towels ruined

I thought I would soak my beautiful white towels that were quite grubby overnight in vanish oxiaction . They now all have yellow patches all over them

Failure

Why advert a product that does not perform. After reviewing all comments I agree. Soaked whites for 2 hours did not change anything. Might do demonstration at market where there is a lot of people who rely on cleaning products.

Sheridan Quilt Cover Ruined

I have washed a white Sheridan Quilt cover twice now, using Vanish Napisan Oxi Action. On the first occasion, it left a yellow stain. At first, I thought the stain may have been an oversight. After washing it again using the same product, however, further yellow stains appeared. The quilt cover is now completely ruined.

Beware

Put yellow stains all over my white linen shirt. I thought it was maybe a reaction to sunscreen so googled it and found everyone having same problem.. this product should be removed from sale.

Felicity

FelicitySydney

Terrible product

Wish I’d read these reviews before using Napisan. I ruined several items of expensive clothing before realising Napisan was the cause. Items containing elastane were the most affected by yellow stains. Napisan should be taken off the market.

Kelly

KellySouth East Queensland, QLD

I can’t believe the results

I used this product to scrub my white floor tiles. It came
Up so clean I can’t stop looking at it. I thought it works well on clothes so gave it a go. Will defy keep using it on the floor.

Ivy M.

Ivy M.asked

Just washed a pair of brand new jeans for only the second time. They’re green corduroy and my absolute favourite. The napisan has bleached big marks in my jeans does anyone have any ideas of how to fix this pleeeaaase! Never had this problem before

Moonie Michael

My suggestion would be to stop using Napisan with your colours and go for a black & dark colours wash our a colour specific wash. ALSO never put Napisan directly only clothes unless you're trying to get out tough stains, it is a "bleaching" product, remember to always follow the wash instructions of your garments and laundry products.

Scott Easked

Napisan Oxi Action In-Wash Gel

How, if at all, can I remove chewing gum from black jeans ?

Scott E

I put the jeans in the freezer overnight to make the gum go hard, then shaved 95% of it from the fabric with a razor blade.

Moonie Michael

I'd suggest googling this question!

Peter Ford

Peter Fordasked

Vanish Oxi-action spray weakened the fibres in two very good sheets eventually causing them to split. Not happy. I suspect some chemical in it removes a layer of the fibre in its "cleaning" process. Anyone else have similar experiences?

Moonie Michael

Can't say I have. May I add ALWAYS follow the care instructions of your clothing, Manchester etc and follow the instructions of your laundry products.

Get an answer from our members and Vanish representatives