Navman Drive DUO SUV

Navman Drive DUO SUV

MPN: 3580121

2.1

• Readable Number PlatesYes (4) · No (2)
  • Video Quality
  • Route Choice
  • GPS Location Accuracy

mitch
mitchSt Marys

Stopped working after latest map update

I just updated my drive duo suv from the nav desk and now the unit shows a error message on start up. I tried recovering it from the nav desk but nothing works.

Gerardus Schoorl
Gerardus SchoorlSouth East Queensland, QLD

I can't use the bloody thing

I went to update my maps, the update removed everything on my Navman I can not even connect it to my computer anymore. It tries to connect but nothing happens .It just keeps trying to connect . When I start it up without the computer connected ,it tell me no maps are loaded. When trying to connect to computer the picture of a computer with connecting dots to the Navman come up and restarts trying to connect , over and over and over without a positive result. Tried to get help online well there is another waste of time.

Purchased in August 2018 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores for $450.00.

Briv
BrivGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Excellent GPS & camera

Purchased online for $279 four months ago.
Easy to set up as I only required GPS and dashcam .Other features such as Bluetooth were not required.
As the screen is 6inch the picture is clear and easy to follow.
As the dashcam has a very wide lens there is some distortion at the edges but livable.
Very handy to have notifications of traffic holdups.

Purchased in November 2020 for $50,000.00.

Peter
PeterSydney, NSW

Highly recommend do not buy this product

The unit has not work for more than one day Freezes all the time screen will not refresh. I have missed that many turns since I have had it. I can only use it as a camera, If I dare try to use the navigation the screen freezes

Purchased in July 2018 at JB Hi-Fi for $416.00.

Chris Goodrich
Chris GoodrichWright 2611, ACT

Excellent service provided

The camera of the head unit failed after nearly two years.
I contacted Navman (Hazel) via email and followed her recommended and suggested fixes. Although Hazel was very friendly and helpful, the fixes were not successful.
I returned the head unit from Canberra to Sydney on a Thursday. A new head unit arrived the following Tuesday. Can't ask for better service than that.
Congratulations NAVMAN.

Purchased in October 2017 at Repco for $399.00.

Woody Point QldSouth East Queensland, QLD

Very Poor Device - Steer Clear

Purchased in March 2019 for $450.00.

Terry
TerrySouth East Queensland, QLD

Heap of crap, (keeps freezing)

Heap of crap, (keeps freezing), buy another brand, save the frustration. Bought it 2mths ago for a trip, over the 6000kms covered it worked for maybe 1500kms. Updated it tried again back in Brisbane froze 10 times over 45min journey. I found it outright dangerous, as I was focused on the frozen screen instead of the road.

Purchased in June 2019 at Jbhifi for $399.00.

montxsuz
montxsuzAU

Device is okay. Customer support is spotty.

Purchased in April 2019 at Repco for $270.00.

For the cost useless

Have had this unit for 1year now been sent to Navman three tines now 1st time camera stopped working and Navman replaced unit 2nd time screen freezing when on a route but doesn't freeze when just normal sent back Navman sent back saying they updated software next time after same thing sent back to me saying nothing wrong but away this time when on set route unit freezes for up to 5 minutes then catches up then freezes again and unit gets very hot
Will try sending back again or will just trash

June 27th 2019 Update: Update on review

Navman has done the right thing and after testing my unit have agreed that there is an internal fault have replaced it with a new one even sending me a pre paid aust post return lable
Well done navman.

Purchased in October 2018 at JB hi-fi for $300.00.

Zettss
Zettss

Unfortunately it is not fixed untill a patch is written doesn't seem to be happening so iv Been told I can get my money back

Waste of money

I found that it would not turn on when starting our journey. I would do it manualy sometimes it would stay on, sometimes not . I found myself taking it out of the vehicle and charging it in the home still finding it would do the same. This is continual charge all the way through !

Purchased in May 2017 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores for $440.00.

Pete
PetePerth

Hopeless

The first one died and JB replaces it very quickly (suggests it’s commonplace). But, it’s rubbish nevertheless. Often locks up showing the navman screen. Tells you about cameras on roads you’re not on!? Gets the distance to objects completely wrong, like it doesn’t know what speed you’re doing. Just yesterday it told me about a camera 20Metres away whilst I was doing 100kmh and the actual camera was 150m behind!? It won’t allow you to turn off the stupid lane deviation/ collision warning “feature” off!? This gps is a total pile of junk!
Btw the 4WD maps are almost non-existent and rubbish when they do exist.

Purchased in March 2017 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores for $350.00.

Needs further development.

I purchased this unit in January 2018 for a specific task during a trip in central Australia in August 2018. The unit work flawlessly whilst on nice smooth road surfaces for the first 3 months or so & then the bugs started to show up, unit failed to switch on even with a full battery, sometimes it would freeze just after start up.
The journey up through SA & in to NT was plagued with issues with the GPS device, several times hard re-sets had to be done to get the unit to power up & work accordingly.
Not overly impressed by this unit, could do with some further development especially in the are of off road stability.
Looks like I maybe returning it for a more substantial device.

Ross
Ross
WayneGlenwood

Don't buy this GPS/Dashcam

Wayne

Thanks for your reply but with so many issues with the one product, I doubt whether I’d be willing to try another.

It freezes frequently.

I bought it several months ago but rarely use it as it often not reliable and unresponsive than our google maps on the phones. There are several issues some which were outlined on other reviews. The one most annoying is that if you turn it on without starting the engine. It starts. If you then switch on the engine it just shuts off or freezes, there is nothing you can do to power it up or reset it. You must have to unplug it so it completely runs out of battery thereby unfreezes itself.......
Screen is also extremely hard to see under daylight.
Video or photo taken can’t be played back. It keep saying no data.
I really regret buying it now as it’s is such painful experience using it.

Herbert
Herbert
MalbergCaboolture

Garbage

terry
terryasked

hi I need to replace the battery in my Navman drive duo SUV , Battery number is 52345a1(11cp6/35/51) 3.7v 1100mah4.07wh where can I buy one

Thanks Terry

Gerardus Schoorl
Gerardus Schoorlasked

I tried to update my maps on my drive duo SUV, the unit message do you want to remove old maps, I pushed yes. now my maps are gone and I can not even connect the unit back to the computer,
I can no longer let the Navman connect to the computer. so now I have a completely useless piece of equipment. I can't log it on to my computer, cant load any maps Paid 450 dollars at JB Hi_Fi_, I can't find a back up on my computer. the unit is dead. how can I re-install when I can't even connect it to my computer

Veronika
Veronika

Is there any way to access the settings to do a factory reset? I would think every device would have this option. Resetting to factory usually makes things work again, but yeah that’s if it has the option.

Hi Gerardus,

We are sorry to hear that you are unable to install the latest mapping and you lost the maps on the device.
If you can’t proceed with the map update installation as the device is not being detected by the computer, please try to perform a hard reset. For the steps, please refer to the link below:

Please also try another USB port or another USB cable to further isolate the problem. Please also try another computer if possible.

If you will still have the same problem, please send an email to our email support team at pcnsupportaus@navman.com.au for further assistance.

Hi Veronika,

Regarding your query, there is an option to restore the device to factory default on the Drive Duo SUV. Restoring the device to factory default will delete all the saved addresses such as the saved under My Places and recent locations. This can be done by going to the Main Menu>Settings>Device>Restore factory default.
If you will have any other queries, you may also send an email to our email support team at pcnsupportaus@navman.com.au.

Kind Regards,
The Navman Team

stevie
stevieasked

Hello. If my navman suv duo was stolen is there a way to lock it or find out where it is like a phone.

Hi Steve,

Thank you for posting your query.

Regarding your question, our Navman device is not trackable. There’s no way for us to locate it just like phone or other tracking devices. However, we can completely lock your device for it not to be operable forever. To proceed with this, please send a copy of the police report, written or email consent - with signature (below is a sample), and the following details:
1. Complete Name:
2. Phone Number
3. Model Number: DRIVE DUO SUV
4. Serial Number
5. Unit ID/UUID (if possible)

Below is the sample consent form:

Dear Navman,

I, <Customer Name> from <address> authorize Mitac/Navman Australia to completely lock my device as it has been stolen/lost. I understand that in the event the device gets recovered, it can never be used again as all registration details of the unit will be completely removed from the server and it will be locked. Attached is a copy of the police report (only if device is stolen).

I understand that if the device is ever recovered, Mitac/Navman Australia is not responsible or are they obliged to repair/fix/replace/restore/give access to it again.

Regards,
<customer name, sign & date>

Please send your reply to our email support team at pcnsupportaus@navman.com.au with those needed details and once received, we will remove your details, particularly the device UUID, from our registration server which will render the device inoperable forever.

Looking forward hearing back from you and hope we can resolve your issue.

Kind Regards,
The Navman Team

See all Navman Drive DUO SUV questions

Get an answer from our members and Navman representatives

CategoryDash Cams and GPS Navigation Systems
Screen Size 6"
Camera Resolution1296p (Super HD)
Channels 1
FeaturesAutomatic Incident Detection (G-sensor), Bluetooth, Forward Collision Warning, GPS, Lane Departure Warning and Motion Detection
Memory TypeMicroSD card