Navman MiVUE800 Dual Camera

Navman MiVUE800 Dual Camera

MPN: AA001800

MikePerth, WA

An adequate dual camera unit with some poor design aspects and a quirky interface

Purchased in August 2019 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores for $269.00.

Readable Number PlatesYes
Car Model2007-2010 Saab 9-3 Convertible
Mike

Rear camera drops out and so does main camera now

I like so many others on here have the same problem. Rear camera keeps disconnecting and I’ve actually just disconnected now and don’t even use it as it just keeps dropping out. Now the main camera occasionally turns off. I’ve updated it to the latest version but hasn’t improved.
Don’t buy one you’ll regret it.

Purchased in March 2018 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores for $260.00.

Car ModelNissan Navara NP300
Amarok

AmarokPerth, WA

Great when it works...which went from rarely to never.

Purchased in October 2018.

Hate It!

Purchased in December 2018.

Nic's not happy
Nic's not happy

not

notVictoria

I like the system very much but I have a couple of questions.

I have 2 questions. 1) It takes too long to turn off after I turn off the car but if I set the LCD screen standby too low it is turning off every few seconds. 2) When turn off the car (esp at night) a picture comes on with a camera icon and does not turn off. The only way to stop that is to turn off safety cam manually. So I am disabling one of the features that I wanted. I do not want the screen on for extended periods after I have turned off the car (esp at night when it looks so obvious). How can I fix these problems. You need a much better user manual for those of us who are not technophiles.

Purchased in May 2019 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores.

Astro Boy

Astro BoyGippsland, VIC

Mivue800 Dual Dashcam

Very easy to setup.
Easy to set the settings in the menu.
I did have problems with the rear camera flicking on and off all the time (firmware update fixed that)
I keep getting a warning to turn my headlights on at night (I don't know why) my headlights are turned on, but that notification warning can be turned off.
I wish the recordings would override and record over the top of the old files, the camera will freeze once the memory card is full, you don't get any warning that the memory card is full and the camera shows that its still recording.
Its been the best camera I have used so far, I have been through 4 dashcams before this one.

Purchased in September 2018 at JB Hi-Fi for $269.00.

Readable Number PlatesYes
Car Model2018 Toyota Carolla Sports ZR180

Tom C

Tom CKambah 2902, ACT

Good, not great, and the camera image should be better for the price.

Purchased in March 2019 at JB Hi Fi Woden for $229.00.

pete

peteburnie

Mivue800 rear camera issues

Brought MiVue 800 month ago front camera fine rear camera disconnecting all time (mainly purchased for rear camera ) Navman have known about this issue for quite a while to to

Purchased in January 2019.

GeoffMurray Region, NSW

Operating Instructions

Just purchased a car with this in it but cannot find any operating instructions that are large enough to read.
All i keep getting is a PDF that is so small you can't read it.
Any suggestions.

Purchased in March 2017.

Geoff

Yes thats fine but how do you then print it so you can take instructions to the car. I can only print the 2 pages which are unreadable.

Sue h.

Sue h.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Brilliant product

I Had the dashcam professionally installed. The Quality of playback is so clear and very easy to use. Everything working well. A very satisfied customer. I Would highly recommend this product to anyone that wants peace of mind whilst driving your car and when leaving it parked in a carpark.

Rear camera not working.

Bought a mivue 800 dual camera, previously owned a 600 series. Came home installed the front camera and Plugged the cable in for the rear camera and you guessed it NOTHING. Tried several things to no avail. The rear Camera just does not work. Navman how do I fix it or how do I return it for a refund. I believe this may be a common problem with some of these dash cams. Looking forward to hearing from you.

Jim
Jim

Still not working with the updated firmware. I believe it unsatisfactory to send the camera back to navman and leave me with nothing while you look at it. This will be the last navman product that i buy or endorse.

WoodyMelbourne

Still having problems

Bought 2 units. Updated firmware. Worked faultlessly for a short time. Now we are both bombarded with the very irritating "switch on your lights" message, when they are all ready on, and the rear camera continually disconnects. We had always bought cheap cameras in the past, and decided rather than keep replacing them to pay considerably more and get more reliable units from a brand with a track record. The cheap units weren't half as irritating.

Pleasantly surprised

Bought the unit on impulse a few weeks ago. Then went home and read the reviews. Uh-oh I think. Went to the Navman 800 site and (1) downloaded the patch and (2) read their other suggestions i.e high quality SD cards etc. Works like a charm. Only thing, there are never enough adhesive cable clips. Had to go to Bunnings for more. For the price you think Navman could throw in 10-15 of these. Just saying is all.

Rob Murray

Rob
Rob

Mario

MarioMelbourne

Doesn't pickup rear camera.

NavSupport A.Navman

Garbage and terrible customer support

Purchased the mivue800, worked for a short period of time, before it froze, when through the online fix, still didn't work.
Have been in contact with navman, in the end the solution is to return it to them, an absolute pain, as it seems to be an issue with the product.
Also participated in their cash back promo, apparently my application for the cash back went via the North Pole, so it didn't make it in time, even though I had emailed them well within the promo period, with the online form.
Anyway terrible product, and dishonest customer service.

Lenny

LennyWingello

So far So good

Hi, we have had our myvue 800 almost a year, only using the front camera so can’t comment on rear camera problems. As some background, this was the third unit of this kind we bought (not Navman ) and returned, nuff said! Our only problem we have encountered is that “ a start recording message “ comes and goes on the screen but the recording led remains illuminated. I have yet to check the sd card for recording but all appears ok, the sd card is a Toshiba which I assume is suitable. I have today purchased a myvue780 so my fingers are crossed for no problems having read the reviews.
Regards,
Myles Leniston.

FranCentral QLD

I will be returning my Navman dual camera kit tomorrow!!!

I have had a gutful of the cable dropping from the rear camera. It's been returned to Harvey Norman once - I actually have better things to do!!!
You would think they would make cameras with screw in connections for moving vehicles. The actual image quality is great. However, I love out west and with speed limits of 100 - 110klms/hr, pulling over every 5 minutes to re-connect the rear camera is not an option. Thus it is going back and I better get refunded for the extra insurance I purchased.

NaeDubbo

Setting off car alarm

Nae

Thankyou, Navman have sent me a new mount. If it happens with the new mount I will see an auto electrician. Thankyou for responding to my post.

NavSupport A.Navman

Constant rear cam disconnect and format sd card issues

Previously had mivue 660 what had a tonne of features and worked perfectly well with my SanDisk SD card. Wanted dual cam so went with mivue800 and used with sd card used with previous cam.

Only recently started getting rear cam disconnected, and now constantly getting format sd card!

How bloody annoying.

Worst part is that I spent 2hrs running all the cables throughout the car and its all hidden.
After reading all the reviews it seems this unit is just filled with issues, firmware updates not fixithe issues.

Will be ripping it all out and taking it back to jbhifi for a refund!

Vu T
Vu T

MIVUE 800 dual camera

I have never had a quality dash cam before , and bought the miVUE 800 Dual camera, and so i can say i still haven't a quality camera , like others on this forum ,a voice keeps reminding me to turn on the lights , then the rear camera disconnects .we have just a long drive up north and had a slight accident with trailer wheel falling off , and guess what , the camera didn't record a thing , so JB HI FI here i come .

John H.asked

We have the Navman MiVue 800 but I cannot get any audio to record. I'm assuming from the silent playback that the problem is with the recording. This problem has been there since new and only less than a year.

Mike

I presume you have been through the settings and enabled the sound option. If so, sounds like a dodgy unit.

John H.

Does that mean I need to go back to the retailer?

Dear John H.

For online self-technical support, please visit our FAQ site: http://service.navman.com.

Neil M.

Neil M.asked

the screen of the DDR MiVue800 says format card. I use the menu to do that but the card doesn't get formatted. The screen is shows both the front and rear views but of course isnt recording them. The sd card and unit are 15 months old with daily use. I purchased a new sd card but the until wouldn't format it. I formatted both cards on the pc. Re inserted both cards but the message stays the same. What do you advise? Thanks Neil

Mike

Sounds to me like either the card is faulty or that it's an unsupported type. Try another card (different type) and if that works then there's your answer.

Dear Neil M.

Ryan C.

Ryan C.asked

I recently purchased this and I have set the parking mode sensor as 'high', yet when I simulate a physical bump when my car is off it hasn't recorded?
And when it has recorded in parking mode, there are only files from the front camera and none from the rear camera. I specifically asked whether it records from both cameras to a staff member from Autobarn who said that yes it does record the rear too, but there are no files being saved from the rear.
How can this issue be fixed, as the whole reason I purchased this device was because of the peace of mind that comes with parking mode.
I appreciate any helpful feedback.

Dear Ryan C.

The Navman Team

Get an answer from our members and Navman representatives

CategoryDash Cams
Screen Size 2.7"
Viewing Angle 130°
Camera Resolution1080p (Full HD)
Channels 2