Navman MiVUE800 Dual Camera

Navman MiVUE800 Dual Camera

MPN: AA001800

• Readable Number PlatesYes (9) · No (5)
  • Video Quality
  • Battery Life
  • Audio Quality
  • Night-Time Video Quality
DEnnis
DEnnisSouth East Queensland, QLD

Nothing but trouble.

Bought 2 within a month. Both had the same fault. On startup, message says "Rear camera disconnected," then 5 - 10 minutes later it stops and rear camera works. The we get the "Please," "Please," "Please" "Please swi," "Please swi," "Please switch," "Please switch," "Please switch," finally she spits it out, "Please switch on your lights." This at night or in an undercover car park. Recording too has problems. Turned the headlight reminder off eventually. Some recording lengths are less than a second when set to maximum. We had 2 incidents we needed video of, one a near head on and nothing recorded. Navman were less than useless telling is to update the software which made no difference.

Purchased in January 2018 at Harvey Norman for $280.00.

daryleMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

rear camera fault

l have a Navman 800 dual camera only just over 2 years and the rear camera stopped working and would shut down main camera when l disconnect the rear camera main camera work fine would expect it to last a lot longer and to replace the camera is very expensive

Purchased in December 2018 at RAA Motoring for $239.00.

daryle

Daryle Bampton 64 William Street West Croydon SA5008 mob.0408843062 email. daryle1949@bigpond.com
Model Mi Vue 800 dual cam
Serial no. F2V85A02231

No problems with mine

Had purchased it nearly 3 years ago from Harvey Norman just taken it out of the old car as I just got a new one and want to put it in the new one. Never had any problem with it. The car was in the sun every day, have taken the card out to view footage of idiots on the road (lots of them around) might get installed by an auto electrician this time as my wiring job was a bit rough. I did a firmware update on it when i bought it. and it has worked perfect from day one.

Purchased in December 2018 at Harvey Norman for $320.00.

Clearshield A.Landsdale

Good little package but failed just after warranty period

Purchased in July 2019.

Alana M
Alana M

Nothing but issues! Consumer beware!

Purchased in December 2019 at JB Hi-Fi for $170.00.

Ted

Can’t turn off speed camera notification

Good device, nice and clear and easy to download footage from your phone (only from the last 90 mins, footage before this has to be downloaded on a computer) And helped me catch someone who had doored my car in the car park. The only annoying thing is the Speed camera notifications, it goes off at me in the car park so I turned off the sound but when I’m parked the screen stays on And it drains the battery, same problem I have with it in my garage, if you turn off the screen, it turns back on within 5 minutes, if I delete the safety Cam, it comes back on within an hour or so. (Sometimes it says there’s a camera but there’s nothing there)
But if you don’t have speed cameras near by, it’s a great buy!

Purchased in May 2020 at JB Hi-Fi for $450.00.

Ted

Update: now I’ve had some more problems and the dash cam Screen won’t turn on at all. It also won’t let me connect via wifi or the app even when I type in the password. So what’s the point of having the camera nw if it’s not going to work?

Ray Gatterer
Ray GattererMaitland, New South Wales

An ok unit but there are less expensive brands better than this. Disappointed!

Purchased in July 2019 at JB Hi-Fi.

NavSupport A.Navman

Rear camera cable isn't long enough

I bought the MiVUE820 dual camera system. When installing it in my Prado 120, I realised the supplied 5m cable connecting the rear camera isn't long enough to reach due to my rear side swinging door.
I contacted Navman who told me this unit is only suitable for cars, not 4wds, they don't have a longer cable, and I should check 3rd party suppliers, where I haven't been able to find anything suitable.
Nowhere on the unit does it specify this is not suitable for larger cars, I'm annoyed and disappointed, will return and get a refund.

Purchased in May 2020.

Car ModelToyota Prado J120

WD07
WD07Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Waste of money

Purchased in May 2019 at Harvey Norman for $200.00.

Wenger72
Wenger72

Rear Camera not working

I am not sure that the rear camera is working at all. It is not appearing as a section of the LCD and can't see any recordings from the rear. The firmware is up to date. Can you please assist?

Purchased in January 2020 for $170.00.

Gary E.Perth, WA

Shame no connection to smartphone

Hooking the cameras up in the car was no problem. Image quality appears ok on the small screen. The proof will be when viewed on a computer or smartphone.
Yes I can take the memory card out but was hoping to use an app to view the image on our phone but there is no Wi-Fi option in the menu.

Purchased in November 2019 at Harvey Norman for $149.00.

Gary E.

It is the MiVue800 Dual camera.

So the only way to view images and video is to take out the memory card, or view on the small LCD screen?

Rear camera disconnected

Brand new in box and rear camera keeps disconnecting immediately after install. Returned it for replacement after 1 day and the now the replacement keeps doing exactly the same if not worse. The first one would stay connected for at least 30 seconds or so but the replacement is not staying connected to the rear camera for more than 5 seconds. Absolute disgrace that Navman lets this happen. I should have checked for reviews before I bought this model. This is a known problem and still allowed to sell in stores causing headaches for consumers. Navman should pull them off the shelves knowing that there's a fundamental problem with this model.
Not happy.

Purchased in October 2019 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores for $169.00.

Mr T

Already done the firware upgrade as advised by your colleagues. That didn't work.

JohnGippsland, VIC

Navman 860 DC DON'T BUY

Tyre monitors worked for 2 days and then stopped working and can't get it working again. App doesn't connect with phone so I can't get updates even tried a completely different phone still not working - so not updates - which is hopeless as it is beeping for roads that haven't had road works for years. All in all should have stuck with Garmin another regretful purchase of a Navman product. Product now freezes every trip things have gone from bad to worse. Still no updates available as the allegedly only work through the App and as it won't connect ... no updates!

Purchased in November 2018 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores for $560.00.

MikePerth, WA

[Correction: it's rubbish!] An [in]adequate dual camera unit with some poor design aspects and a quirky interface

Purchased in August 2019 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores for $269.00.

Other Dash Cams

Rear camera drops out and so does main camera now

I like so many others on here have the same problem. Rear camera keeps disconnecting and I’ve actually just disconnected now and don’t even use it as it just keeps dropping out. Now the main camera occasionally turns off. I’ve updated it to the latest version but hasn’t improved.
Don’t buy one you’ll regret it.

Purchased in March 2018 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores for $260.00.

Brad
Brad

Hi,
Is this where I send a private message

Greg K.asked

Greetings.
I have just recently installed this Navman Dashcam.
I formatted my 128Gb - SanDisk High Endurance card as suggested by Navman.
All appears very good. The recording quality of the video is brilliant and flicker-free...no probs.
HOWEVER, even though I selected the Sound Recording option from the menu to ON, I never get any sound or audio.
What can I be doing incorrectly, please?

Hi Greg,

If the recorded video is not giving you any sound, then there’s a possibility that there’s something wrong with the device microphone. For us to proceed further, please follow the troubleshooting steps below. We understand that you may have already tried some of these troubleshooting steps, but we just want to be sure that you have done them correctly

1. Check the settings of the device.
a. Turn on the device and go to the “Menu”.
b. Go to “Sound Recording” and make sure it is “On”.
c. If it is, then go back to the “Menu” and go to “System”.
d. Select “System Sound” and make sure it is enabled, then go to “Volume” and set to maximum.

2. Check if the internal speaker of the device is working by checking if you can hear system’s sound like system notification sound, safety alerts and button sound. You can also try playing other recordings on the device if there’s a sound.

3. If it’s still the same, perform a hard reset. You can click the link below.

4. Try to play the recordings on the computer to check if there’s a sound. Please make sure that you are using the MiVue Manager in playing the recordings. Please refer to the link below for the steps on how to playback videos on your computer.

Also, please check if you are using a compatible MicroSD card. Faulty or incompatible MicroSD cards can cause your device to not function correctly, may arise problems with the recorded files, freeze, and even cause the device to intermittently turn off or even not power on. For the recommended microSD card brands and types, please go to the link below.

If the problem remains the same, then please contact our email support team at pcnsupportaus@navman.com.au and provide your Full name, Phone number, Shipping address, Model name, Serial number, Date and store of purchase.

We apologize for any inconvenience and hope we can resolve your issue.

Greg K.

Thank you very much for such a detailed explanation of possible solutions to my issue.
Firstly I must confirm that I did omit stating that I hear warning messages from the device. My concern was and I should have clarified if the device hears and records actual sounds from the surroundings. Maybe this is not available for personal or security reasons that no actual environmental sounds are recorded and available in playback mode.

Hi Greg K.

The device can record actual sounds from your surroundings with a limited distance only. If you playback the video on the dash cam itself or through the MiVue Manager on your computer, you should still hear a sound from that video. If there's no sound or audio, please contact our email support team at pcnsupportaus@navman.com.au and provide your Full name, Phone number, Shipping address, Model name, Serial number, Date and store of purchase and the summary of the fault.

Our service team will be more than happy to assist with any further questions you may have.

If we can be of any more assistance, please don’t hesitate to let us know!

David W.
David W.asked

I have the Mivue800 DC and when I press the event record button it is only capturing 15 second videos, about 5 seconds before the press and 10 seconds after. How do I change this to how the old Mivue's worked where the entire 3 min video would be saved to Event folder as well as the previous 3 min video if the button was pressed in the first 30 seconds of recording.

Hi David,

Thank you for reaching out to us.

The Mivue800 DC was designed to record 5 seconds before the event and 15 seconds after the event and it can’t be changed to the same way as how the old Mivue dash camera worked.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

If you will have any other queries, you may also send an email to our email support team at pcnsupportaus@navman.com.au.

Thank you.

peter bernhards
peter bernhardsasked

my dash cam rear camera does not come on all the time have all plugged in no kinks in cord it said rear camera disconected

Hi Peter,

Thank you for posting your query.

To fix the problem with your rear camera not being detected by the front camera, please follow the steps from the link below. https://service.navman.com/M0100/F0110_DownLoad_Faq.aspx?bullid=AllBull&faqid=132107

In case you will need further assistance, please contact our email support team at pcnsupportaus@navman.com.au.

See all Navman MiVUE800 Dual Camera questions

Get an answer from our members and Navman representatives

At its relatively affordable price point of $269, this Navman dash cam features a 3-Axis G-Sensor to analyses an impact for direction and level of force, an included night vision mode, event recording, and a 2.7-inch screen.

So why does it have such a low rating? According to reviewers, here are some of the reasons:

• Recordings are only of average quality
  • Persistent issues were experienced with the rear camera, including that it became constantly disconnected. This was a grievance particularly for drivers who had paid for professional installation.
  • Notifications are a little incessant (and annoying), such as the Tire Pressure Monitoring System notification going off repeatedly
  • The consensus from a majority of reviewers was that there are cheaper models and brands available that offer better performance.
CategoryDash Cams
Screen Size 2.7"
Viewing Angle 130°
Camera Resolution1080p (Full HD)
Channels 2