Navman MiVue740

Navman MiVue740

MPN: AA001740

MargGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Tech support lets this product down badly

Easy to install, but they sell the hard wire kit separately, setting up instructions are not that easy to read and if any problems and there overseas call centre tech support is useless and hard to understand, not too happy with the tech support but great footage.

Purchased in February 2019 at Harvey Norman Electronics Physical Store for $300.00.

Readable Number PlatesYes
Car ModelFord Falcon Ute FG (2008-2014)
Features / Functions
Video Quality
Night-Time Video Quality
Battery Life
Marg

Hi i have called the call centre twice after repeating myself half a dozen times and a very hard to understand guy on the other end I gave up.
He email me the instructions but didnt answer my questions. I do say both was polite over the phone

Kalas

KalasSydney, NSW

Excellent little device!

Purchased from Bing Lee after watching YouTube videos on Dash Cameras. Easy to set up and the footage quality is great, even at night. Happy with my new little toy!

Purchased in June 2019 at Bing Lee for $97.00.

Car ModelHyundai Elantra
Features / Functions
Video Quality
Night-Time Video Quality
Battery Life
Melissa

MelissaNorth-West & West coast, TAS

Bit difficult to set up

I purchased this a few days ago, but find it difficult to set up, pushing buttons but getting nowhere, hope I haven't wasted my money, I got it on sale and thought it can't be this hard to set up...Yes I am reading the instructions but i still can't get it sorted, the instructions are showing icons that should be on the device but I haven't seen them, so maybe it only comes on when the car engine is running ? no matter how hard it is to set up I do love the NAVMAN range, they are the best quality around, I am just having set up difficulties with this particular item.

Purchased in July 2019 at Harvey Norman Appliances Physical Store for $138.00.

press event button lucky to get 2 seconds of needed video prior to pressing

Say you have an incident or close call you want to capture , if you do not press the event button within 2 seconds of it happening , you wont get the footage you need . you have to be lightning quick , unlike some other dash cams that will record further back from when you press the event button. Do a test your self if you have one, count to a stop watch , 1 second 2 second etc and when you get to nine press the event button , replay the footage you should get (as per instructions ) all 1-9 , you might find you only get 8-9 before the event button was pushed. This is verified also by someone else On Whirlpool forum , To see it type in Navman 740 10 seconds and you will find it.

Purchased in April 2019.

Bargainhunt3r

Bargainhunt3rIllawarra, NSW

What more can I say? Super Clear Vision easy to use!

I purchased, Unboxed, inserted a 16GB Micro SD card (purchased separately), mounted it, plugged it in and away I went.
I decided to go with this camera after seeing the super clear footage from multiple users on Dash Cam Owners Australia.
It's the little things that make a product stand out. Whoever at Navman said "Hey why don't we put some adhesive clips in the pack so the cable is managed and looks good". Well Done, I have a little OCD like most people and this was a great Idea.

Mark C

Mark CAuckland, 2103, NZ

What an awesome little unit, Works great

KLL

KLLasked

I have a MiVue 740 that does not seem to be recording over old videos. There are no new recordings since 31 Oct. (3 weeks ago) Do I need to reformat the SD card or should it just continuously record?

Kayley

Hi Kayley,

Thanks for the question.

Yes, it would be best to format your SD card to get the issue rectified. Please also ensure that your SD card is on the list of recommended brand and types for your device. For more information about this, you may refer to the link below:
*Note: if it's your first time visiting our FAQ site, select a region first then try the link again.

Hope this helps. Otherwise, feel free to contact our support team on PCNSupportAus@navman.com.au

Bill Wasked

I have a new MiVue740 Dash Cam. I purchased a Class 10 64GB SD Card and inserted into the Dash Cam. The screen then indicated "Please Format SD Card". Following the directions to format the SD Card, that is, to press the 3 small horizontal bars in the top right hand corner of the screen and select "Format". When I press those bars ..... nothing happens. It appears that those bars are inactive. No menu of any sort comes up. Am I missing something, as I don't seem to be getting of 1st base.
Regards,

nig m.
nig m.

Hi, it is not a touch screen. You have to use the buttons on the side to navigate. I had that problem also.

Thanks . Finally got SD card formatted and the unit working. Bill W

Hi Bill W,

Sorry for the delay. It is good to hear that the problem with your device has been resolved.

Feel free to contact our team for any other concerns via pcnsupportaus@navman.com.au

Hey nig m. thanks for the helpful tip.

Trish T.

Trish T.asked

I have a Navman MiVUE 745 and am having trouble rotating the screen, isn't it supposed to be adjustable ??

Hi Trish,

Please hold the device and gently rotate the mount. The ball joint will allow you to adjust the position of the device to its mount.

The Navman Team

Get an answer from our members and Navman representatives