MPN: AA001740

Tech support lets this product down badly

Easy to install, but they sell the hard wire kit separately, setting up instructions are not that easy to read and if any problems and there overseas call centre tech support is useless and hard to understand, not too happy with the tech support but great footage.

Purchased in February 2019 at Harvey Norman Electronics Physical Store for $300.00.

Readable Number PlatesYes
Car ModelFord Falcon Ute FG (2008-2014)
Features / Functions
Video Quality
Night-Time Video Quality
Battery Life

Excellent little device!

Purchased from Bing Lee after watching YouTube videos on Dash Cameras. Easy to set up and the footage quality is great, even at night. Happy with my new little toy!

Purchased in June 2019 at Bing Lee for $97.00.

Car ModelHyundai Elantra
Features / Functions
Video Quality
Night-Time Video Quality
Battery Life
Hi Kalas, Thanks for taking the time in reviewing our product. We are certainly glad that you're happy with it. Best of luck! Navman Support Team

Bit difficult to set up

I purchased this a few days ago, but find it difficult to set up, pushing buttons but getting nowhere, hope I haven't wasted my money, I got it on sale and thought it can't be this hard to set up...Yes I am reading the instructions but i still can't get it sorted, the instructions are showing icons that should be on the device but I haven't seen them, so maybe it only comes on when the car engine is running ? no matter how hard it is to set up I do love the NAVMAN range, they are the best quality around, I am just having set up difficulties with this particular item.

Purchased in July 2019 at Harvey Norman Appliances Physical Store for $138.00.

Hi Melissa, Sorry to hear you are having problems, hopefully I can be of some assistance Please connect your device to the vehicle power adaptor supplied in the box and turn the car ignition on, then you will be able to see the menu icons listed in the manual For your reference The device is designed to turn off and on when power is detected, the device only has a small battery which is used to ensure the last video file is saved properly in the event of sudden loss of power. The Navman Dash Camera is ready to be used without adjusting any settings, providing of course you have inserted a Micro SD card. We recommend using a micro SD card specially designed to be used in Dash cameras for more information on what micro SD card you should use in our devices please click here https://service.navman.com/M0100/DownLoad_Faq_131573_Australia NAVMAN_English Navman.html I hope this answers your question if not please let me know and ill send you’re a private message to get your contact details and have one of our technical experts to contact you Thank you for choosing Navman and have a nice day :) The Navman Team

press event button lucky to get 2 seconds of needed video prior to pressing

Say you have an incident or close call you want to capture , if you do not press the event button within 2 seconds of it happening , you wont get the footage you need . you have to be lightning quick , unlike some other dash cams that will record further back from when you press the event button. Do a test your self if you have one, count to a stop watch , 1 second 2 second etc and when you get to nine press the event button , replay the footage you should get (as per instructions ) all 1-9 , you might find you only get 8-9 before the event button was pushed. This is verified also by someone else On Whirlpool forum , To see it type in Navman 740 10 seconds and you will find it.

Purchased in April 2019.

Hi Fade, due to hardware limitations, most dash camera products only offer 10-20 second event recordings. the MiVUE740 offers 3sec before, and 17sec after the event button is pushed. Unfortunately, the Quick Start Guide inside the box for the MiVUE740 does incorrectly state the event recording is 10/10 and we are currently in the process of having this resolved. we have also forwarded the customer feedback regarding the event recording times to our R&D team for future development. Kind Regards, Senior Navman Support

What more can I say? Super Clear Vision easy to use!

I purchased, Unboxed, inserted a 16GB Micro SD card (purchased separately), mounted it, plugged it in and away I went.
I decided to go with this camera after seeing the super clear footage from multiple users on Dash Cam Owners Australia.
It's the little things that make a product stand out. Whoever at Navman said "Hey why don't we put some adhesive clips in the pack so the cable is managed and looks good". Well Done, I have a little OCD like most people and this was a great Idea.

Hi Bargainhunt3r, Thanks for posting your review. Your compliments are very much appreciated. Cheers! Navman Support Team

What an awesome little unit, Works great

Just bought this MiVue 740 last Tuesday, and I am totally impressed with it. The setup was easy, my previous camera was hard wired, so only needed to plug it in and go. The menu is easy to setup and was up and running in under 5 minutes. The video and sound quality is excellent. The windscreen mount fits well to the screen, even attaches to the shade area of the screen, the ball socket is tight and does not move around but can be adjusted with little effort. GPS acquisition is fast, and I recommend downloading the MiVue Manager App that shows your videos, GPS data, a map showing your route relevant to the video, and G Sensor activity around your vehicle.The camera is small and discrete but packs a punch in build quality, Video and sound quality and GPS tracking. I highly recommend this Navman MiVue 740 dashcam.

Hi Mark C, Thanks for taking the time in reviewing our product, we appreciate it. More great road trips to come :) Cheers, Navman Support Team

Have just purchased Navman 745 dashcam but can’t connect to my iPhone wifi / what I doing wrong
Dear Karen, For online self-technical support, please visit our FAQ site: http://service.navman.com. Alternatively, you can email our support team on PCNSupportAus@navman.com.au. Regards The Navman Team

Purchased a Navman Mi view 740,working fine 2 weeks , I made and adjustment on screen , now I cant get my sound on, also have a red triangle with a white exclamacion mark bottom right corner.
Dear Alf Goater, For online self-technical support, please visit our FAQ site: http://service.navman.com. Alternatively, you can email our support team on PCNSupportAus@navman.com.au. Regards The Navman TeamIt was taken back to supplier , where upon it was adjusted and rectified , sorry for your trouble and late reply. Al Goater.Hi Al Goater, We're glad that the store was able to help you resolve your issues. Regards The Navman Team

Hi There Sorry I haven't had this issue with mine, although I did find it a bit hard to set up just go through your icons in the settings to turn the sound on again.I have done that but still no result, thank you.Dear Alf Goater, For online self-technical support, please visit our FAQ site: http://service.navman.com. Alternatively, you can email our support team on PCNSupportAus@navman.com.au. Regards The Navman Team

CategoryDash Cams
Screen Size 2.7"
Viewing Angle 130°
Camera Resolution1080p (Full HD)
Megapixels 2 MP