Navman MiVue740

Navman MiVue740

MPNs: AA001740 and NAV00004

• Readable Number PlatesYes (4) · No (0)
  • Video Quality
  • Battery Life
  • Audio Quality
  • Night-Time Video Quality
AKBQLD, 4500

Use the correct 128Gb card.

Easy to set up. Had trouble with the SD cards for a while then found out it didn't like the particular 128Gb card. Navman provided a list of compatible cards so it all works well and it seems to be a good little camera.

Purchased in June 2020.

AKB

Your compatability information indicates that there are no compatible cards for the MiVue 740. Please supply a list of suitable micro SD cards for this device.

Tony A.
Tony A.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Waranty upheld

Purchased in February 2020 at JB Hifi Home for $232.00.

Other Dash Cams

So disappointed
So disappointedSydney, NSW

BEWARE: Does not automatically record over old footage

Really disappointed to find out, after an accident that wasn't my fault, that my Navman MiVue 740 had stop recording over old footage four months earlier. So now I have no footage for the insurance company. I find it difficult to believe that they can't build a Dashcam that automatically records over old footage. This Dashcam is virtually useless. The quality of the footage is actually quite good. But this is all vitiated by the fact that it does not properly store the footage.

Purchased in January 2019.

Dash Cams

Find out how Navman MiVue740 compares to other Dash Cams

MargGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Tech support lets this product down badly

Easy to install, but they sell the hard wire kit separately, setting up instructions are not that easy to read and if any problems and there overseas call centre tech support is useless and hard to understand, not too happy with the tech support but great footage.

Purchased in February 2019 at Harvey Norman Retail Stores - Electronics for $300.00.

Marg

Hi i have called the call centre twice after repeating myself half a dozen times and a very hard to understand guy on the other end I gave up.
He email me the instructions but didnt answer my questions. I do say both was polite over the phone

Kalas
KalasSydney, NSW

Excellent little device!

Purchased from Bing Lee after watching YouTube videos on Dash Cameras. Easy to set up and the footage quality is great, even at night. Happy with my new little toy!

Purchased in June 2019 at Bing Lee for $97.00.

Melissa
MelissaSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

Bit difficult to set up

I purchased this a few days ago, but find it difficult to set up, pushing buttons but getting nowhere, hope I haven't wasted my money, I got it on sale and thought it can't be this hard to set up...Yes I am reading the instructions but i still can't get it sorted, the instructions are showing icons that should be on the device but I haven't seen them, so maybe it only comes on when the car engine is running ? no matter how hard it is to set up I do love the NAVMAN range, they are the best quality around, I am just having set up difficulties with this particular item.

Purchased in July 2019 at Harvey Norman Retail Stores - Appliances for $138.00.

press event button lucky to get 2 seconds of needed video prior to pressing

Say you have an incident or close call you want to capture , if you do not press the event button within 2 seconds of it happening , you wont get the footage you need . you have to be lightning quick , unlike some other dash cams that will record further back from when you press the event button. Do a test your self if you have one, count to a stop watch , 1 second 2 second etc and when you get to nine press the event button , replay the footage you should get (as per instructions ) all 1-9 , you might find you only get 8-9 before the event button was pushed. This is verified also by someone else On Whirlpool forum , To see it type in Navman 740 10 seconds and you will find it.

Purchased in April 2019.

Bargainhunt3r
Bargainhunt3rIllawarra, NSW

What more can I say? Super Clear Vision easy to use!

I purchased, Unboxed, inserted a 16GB Micro SD card (purchased separately), mounted it, plugged it in and away I went.
I decided to go with this camera after seeing the super clear footage from multiple users on Dash Cam Owners Australia.
It's the little things that make a product stand out. Whoever at Navman said "Hey why don't we put some adhesive clips in the pack so the cable is managed and looks good". Well Done, I have a little OCD like most people and this was a great Idea.

Other Dash Cams

Mark C
Mark CAuckland, 2103, NZ

What an awesome little unit, Works great

Dash Cams

Find out how Navman MiVue740 compares to other Dash Cams

Denise M.
Denise M.asked

Have tried to format SD card. When I activate the tick enabling the format process, the screen returns to the formatting question, therefore not completing the formatting process.

Hi Denise,

Thank you for posting you query.

We are sorry to hear that you are unable to format the SD card. For us to further assist you, can you please confirm if you are formatting the SD card through the dash camera or through the computer?

If you are formatting the SD card through the computer, please try to format through the dash camera. For the steps, you may refer to the link below:

If you are unable to format through the computer or through the dash camera, the SD Card may be faulty.

For further assistance, you may also send an email to our email support team at pcnsupportaus@navman.com.au.

Thank you.

KMac
KMacasked

Hi,

I am trying to recover footage from the 5/2/21 From an incident.

I've connected to the pc and am able to view the last days I drove the vehicle being the 12/2/21, 11/2/21, 10/2/21 but before that the date is marked as 4/3/21(a month ahead in the future).  I've been through all the videos and there is footage from the 4/2/21 but not the day I need of the 5th.

FYI I didn't use the car from 6/2/21 to 9/2/21.

Could you please help.

Thanks,

Hi KMac,

Thank you for posting your query.
We are sorry to hear that you are unable to find certain video files from the recorded videos.
We noticed that you have emailed our support team directly at pcnsupportaus@navman.com.au regarding your concern. We will continue to assist you via that medium.
We apologize for any inconvenience and hope we can resolve your concern.

Clemasked

I am unable to access the Settings Menu which is necessary to set Time and Date.
Any help would be appreciated.

Hi Clem,

Thank you for posting your query.

With regard to your concern, please try to perform a hard reset. To reset the device, please refer to the link below:
Please also try to remove the SD card and then turn the unit back on and see if it will resolve the problem.

If you will still encounter the same problem, please send an email to our email support team at PCNSupportAus@navman.com.au with your Full Name, Shipping Address, Phone Number, Date of Purchase, Serial Number so we can further assist.

Clem

Thank you for the helpful information

Hi Clem,

Thanks for your feedback.

The Navman Team

Get an answer from our members and Navman representatives

CategoryDash Cams
Screen Size 2.7"
Viewing Angle 130°
Camera Resolution1080p (Full HD)
Megapixels 2 MP