Navman MiVue745

Navman MiVue745

MPNs: MIVUE745 and NAV00005
Listing monitored by Navman

3.8
  • Readable Number PlatesYes (3) · No (0)
  • Video Quality
  • Battery Life
  • Audio Quality
  • Night-Time Video Quality
JulesFPBrisbane

Reasonably-priced dashcam

Our Navman MiVue 745 dashcam works very well; we just inserted the SD card, plugged it into the 12v socket and it does its thing. It's simple to download the videos you want to keep on a pc etc. I agree with others that the suction cup falls off when the windscreen gets hot. I have considered getting the 3M holder for it but prefer to bring the camera in the house if the car is standing in the sun on the driveway for a long time. For our second car I'm getting the Navman 1100 Sensor XL which is supposed to withstand higher temperatures.

Purchased in October 2020 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores for $159.00.

TreadsSydney, NSW

Good Camera for the price suction mount is a weak point.

Bought this back in June and installed it in my dads car a Mazda 3 made sure the glass was really clean used alcohol cleaner etc. Mounted the dash cam up and its been fine many months that was until we moved and now the car is parked on the driveway where the windscreen is in full sun for most of the day and now the mount just lets go its fine if the temp hasn't been hot but if there is a few days of low 30's or a one hot day of 35c there is no hope of it staying on. Where it was parked previously the driveway was in sun but a lot was filtered by trees.

Purchased in June 2020.

Other Dash Cams

VOIDED
VOIDEDGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

OK for the price

-easy to use but the charger end is very limiting
-needs another separate accessory to constantly record while park mode
-record quality is clear but i am not sure if plate numbers are readable

Purchased in September 2020 at JB Hi-Fi for $99.00.

Dash Cams

Find out how Navman MiVue745 compares to other Dash Cams

esp
espMelbourne

Convenient

Plug & go feature was why we chose this. Very easy to set up, mounts to windscreen firmly, doesn’t impede view. Playback is clear. Only issue was that 1st leaflet in box warns that they only recommend 3 SD cards. As the ad hadn’t said this, we had bought a different one which fit the ad description. Had to return the card & replace with the more expensive one.

Purchased in June 2020 at JB Hi-Fi for $99.00.

disappointed
disappointedPerth, WA

An Excellent Dash Cam

1) Set up is a breeze.
2) Quality of the recorded video is very good for both day and night.
3) The suction cup holds up the dash cam very firmly, it hasn't fallen off since being put up months ago. The advantage of a suction cup is that it allows easy removal either to hide the dash cam away from prying eyes or to keep it away from the blazing sun when the car is in the parking bay.
4) It is priced very competitively.
5) I have tried many other brands and this is the one I wouldn't hesitate to recommend.

Treadsasked

I can see there are 2 different windscreen mounts the Low Profile 3M Windscreen Mount and 3M Windscreen Mount for MiVue™ 6/7/8 Series. Listed as alternative for the suction mount for 745 series MiVue which adhesive mount is better to use on a Mazda3 2012 Maxx sport model. Thanks

Hi Treads,

Thanks for reaching out to us!

Both adhesive mounts are better and can be used on a Mazda3 2012 Maxx. The only difference is the size where the Low Profile is smaller than the standard 3M mount (squared type).

If you have any other queries, send us an email at pcnsupportaus@navman.com.au and our dedicated service team will be more than happy to assist with any further questions you may have.

Terry
Terryasked

Why would my Navman Mivue 745 dash am start when I start up the car then stop within 15-20 secs. Up until now it has been working great.

Hi Terry,

Thanks for reaching out to us!

Please head over to our online self-help resource at www.service.navman.com where you can find an answer to most of your questions and concerns.

If you can’t find an answer to your question, send us an email at pcnsupportaus@navman.com.au and our dedicated service team will be more than happy to assist with any further questions you may have.

Tina
Tinaasked

I was lucky enough to be gifted the MIVUE7 45......My problem is the charger doesnt fit in my cigarette lighter......soooo dissappointed. What are my options apart from wiring it into my car?

JulesFP

We had a similar problem, the charger wasn't making contact with the points at the bottom of the 12v socket. We solved it with the high-tech option of putting a small lump of alfoil between the socket and the charger and that fixed it for us. Might be worth a try.

Hi Tina,

The Navman Team

Get an answer from our members and Navman representatives

CategoryDash Cams
Screen Size 2.7"
Viewing Angle 130°
Camera Resolution1080p (Full HD)
Channels 1