2Navman MiVue745

3.7

Suz1974
Suz1974Teesdale38 posts

Randomly stops recording

Randomly stops recording. I went to check an incident today and the thing isn’t recording anymore. When I have time I’ll fiddle with it and maybe reset it. The other thing it does is not connecting to wifi to down load. Downloading times are so excruciatingly slow, it’s painful. The most annoying thing is thinking it’s recording when it’s not. I paid over $500 for it. I would not recommend at all. It’s not reliable. Show details
Robbo
RobboSydney Surrounds, NSW

Very frustrating

It works ok, but the stupid suction cap provided only sticks about 5 minutes. Very dangerous when you are driving and the camera falls down. On reading other reviews this is a major issue. I'm now going to have to find a more permanent way to stick it to my windscreen. Show details
Ben R.
Ben R.Hobart, TAS

Randomly stops recording

Footage is ok
No sound
Randomly stops recording with no notice.
Needed footage to hand over to the police, but I have nothing from the last 3 weeks apart from the last 5 minutes of my drive Show details
JulesFPBrisbane33 posts

Reasonably-priced dashcam

Our Navman MiVue 745 dashcam works very well; we just inserted the SD card, plugged it into the 12v socket and it does its thing. It's simple to download the videos you want to keep on a pc etc. I agree with others that the suction cup falls off when the windscreen gets hot. I have considered getting the 3M holder for it but prefer to bring the camera in the house if the car is standing in the sun on the driveway for a long time. For our second car I'm getting the Navman 1100 Sensor XL which is supposed to withstand higher temperatures. Show details ·  1
Treads
TreadsSydney, NSW9 posts

Good Camera for the price suction mount is a weak point

Bought this back in June and installed it in my dads car a Mazda 3 made sure the glass was really clean used alcohol cleaner etc. Mounted the dash cam up and its been fine many months that was until we moved and now the car is parked on the driveway where the windscreen is in full sun for most of the day and now the mount just lets go its fine if the temp hasn't been hot but if there is a few days of low 30's or a one hot day of 35c there is no hope of it staying on. Where it was parked previously the driveway was in sun but a lot was filtered by trees. Show details
VOIDED
VOIDEDGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC3 posts

OK for the price

-easy to use but the charger end is very limiting
-needs another separate accessory to constantly record while park mode
-record quality is clear but i am not sure if plate numbers are readable Show details
esp
espMelbourne54 posts

Convenient

Plug & go feature was why we chose this. Very easy to set up, mounts to windscreen firmly, doesn’t impede view. Playback is clear. Only issue was that 1st leaflet in box warns that they only recommend 3 SD cards. As the ad hadn’t said this, we had bought a different one which fit the ad description. Had to return the card & replace with the more expensive one. Show details ·  1
disappointed
disappointedPerth, WA4 posts

An Excellent Dash Cam

1) Set up is a breeze.
2) Quality of the recorded video is very good for both day and night.
3) The suction cup holds up the dash cam very firmly, it hasn't fallen off since being put up months ago. The advantage of a suction cup is that it allows easy removal either to hide the dash cam away from prying eyes or to keep it away from the blazing sun when the car is in the parking bay.
4) It is priced very competitively.
5) I have tried many other brands and this is the one I wouldn't hesitate to recommend. Show details ·  1

PhilPlumb
PhilPlumb

Why doesn't my MiVue record continuously??

John Dee

I have MiVue 745 and I want to transfer this to my new car but I would also like to install a rear camera. Will the 745 work with a dual camera set up and if so, which model rear cam is compatible?

John Dee

Thank You for your response.

Theo K.
Theo K.

Hi, just an enquiry my mivue dashcam 745 when trying to view by usb connected to my desktop, does not allow me to accsess the features on the dashcam.
When i click the icons from mivue does not respond,can not scroll from calender date and play whats been recorded.Previously was able to do so, have tried to download cd again and it tells me its updated.

CategoryDash Cams
Price (RRP) $159
Screen Size 2.7"
Viewing Angle 130°
Camera Resolution1080p (Full HD)
Channels 1