Navman MiVUE790 Wifi

Navman MiVUE790 Wifi

• Readable Number PlatesYes (3) · No (0)
  • Video Quality
  • Battery Life
  • Audio Quality
  • Night-Time Video Quality

When it works, until...

Purchased in December 2018 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores.

Michael L
Michael LSouthwest, VIC

Just won't connect to phone

To difficult to connect to phone via wifi. I have followed the instructions to the letter several times, but just will not connect. May better to buy something cheaper and easier to use

Other Dash Cams

Jono019Sydney, NSW

Plugged in won't even turn on

Got the 750 mivue.. insert sd ..plug it in and won't even turn on .. pretty disappointed with so called plug and play device .. will be returning the unit asap.. tryed in 2 new vehicles no lights no power

Purchased at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores for $200.00.

Dash Cams

Find out how Navman MiVUE790 Wifi compares to other Dash Cams

Rachelle.D.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Works well but broken in 6 months

Bought this to upgrade my old dash-cam. It works well, connects to the app well, no complaints. However six months in and the connection to the mount is broken (on the device end) - constantly pops off the mount. The warranty process is long and convoluted, plus loop holes galore where they make it clear they will not fix if it is deemed "customer broken" - which gives them quite a lot of discretion. Will look to different brands in the future.

Purchased in July 2019.

Ke N.
Ke N.Perth, WA

Good price, good product

I bought Mivue 790 from Catch of the day only $100. It works perfectly, better than I thought, live view loading quick, easy to setup, high resolution video , sharp images. Mivue 790 works better Mivue 800 which I bought last year

Purchased in December 2019 at Catch for $100.00.

leondotcomSydney, NSW

Good Dashcam, but what is it with JERKY LiveView?

Good Dashcam, but what is it with JERKY LiveView?
speed warnings=good
gps=good
quality of recording=good
setup=easy

Liveview on iphone with 2 to 5 seconds delay is practically useless

Does anyone have same problems with live view?

Purchased in September 2019 at Harvey Norman for $149.00.

leondotcom

sorry,unfortunately firmware update did not help.....

Does anyone else having Live view delay?

Woody51
Woody51Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Doesn't do what I require

Quality of the videos is fine and easy to use . But the Dashcam is useless to me as I can't edit any vids with sound and in fact I only have sound when using Mivue manager and if I save a file to PC it has no sound.
As I have always edited the files to put on my YouTube page this is totally useless for the purpose.
I have called support and they tell me that that is the way it is and all Navman dashcams are the same.
Even not being able to save a file to PC and retain sound is a joke , this goes in the cupboard and I will find one that does the job as well as my previous $40 Ebay job. The picture wasn't as good but they did what was required , just seems like commonsense to me.

Purchased at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores.

Questions

I recently purchased a Navman MiVue 790 with a SmartBox and had it professionally installed. The camera and Smart phone are correctly connected. Very happy with quality and operation but I have two questions:
1) I can transfer files from the camera to the phone however, when attempting to upload the latest Firmware it continually fails?

2) Although the camera should commence recording when starting the engine, at times I have to do a manual start.
I would appreciate your advice,

Thanks.

Purchased in July 2019 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores.

Other Dash Cams

Ken PSouth East Queensland, QLD

Good value dashcam

I was pretty happy with my mivue 388 which still works after more than 5 years so I looked at the mivue 790 when I decided to upgrade.
Like my older mivue this was easy to set up.
I'm happy with the functions and features and the ease of turning off those you don't need.
The camera takes good footage and the wifi makes it easy to download and save footages.
I just hope this would come with more clips to help with mounting the wiring more neatly.

Purchased in March 2019 at JB Hi-Fi for $219.00.

Ken P

Hi I think I'll need 6 clips. Happy for you to send me a private message.

Dash Cams

Find out how Navman MiVUE790 Wifi compares to other Dash Cams

Tim R.
Tim R.Sydney, NSW

I love it..!

After having several dash-cams over the years, I finally gave up on my crappy Navig8er and bought this Navman MiVUE790 (WiFi) on the weekend. From the moment I plugged it in it looked better. It has a clear easy to use touch screen, so no more annoying little buttons to press. The touch screen is easy to navigate around and adjust. It shows your GPS speed on the screen, when approaching a speed camera it tells you what the speed is and reminds you what speed you are doing. Having a smart phone app it can do system updates. And you can view the videos on your phone via the WiFi facility. This is what all dash cams should be like.

Iceman
Iceman asked

I have the MiVue 790 and just downloaded the latest update to eliminate error of speed camera warning saying 255, now the picture is upside down.
Please explain

Hi Iceman,

Thanks for reaching out to us.

We have identified this problem is due to an old firmware, we have released new firmware that resolves the case.
If you haven’t updated to the latest firmware version, update the firmware on your Navman Dash Camera via the MiVue Pro App. Instructions are available on the link below:

However, if you already have the latest firmware version, you will need to manually reinstall the latest firmware. For the steps, please refer to the link below:

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Hope that the above steps will resolve the problem.

If you will need further assistance, please send an email to our email support team at pcnsupportaus@navman.com.au.

Joeasked

How do you change to English setting please?

Joe

Just found it in the speach setting bubble

Hi Joe,

Thank you for posting your query.

We are glad to know that you were able to find the settings where to change the language.

For future reference in changing the language, just go to the Menu Screen>Settings> System> Language.

tomboy
tomboyasked

how is it mounted?

Hi Tomboy,

Regarding the steps in mounting the dash camera, you may refer to the User Manual that can be downloaded from the link below:

Hope this helps. If you need further assistance, please feel free to email our support team at PCNSupportAus@navman.com.au.

See all Navman MiVUE790 Wifi questions

Get an answer from our members and Navman representatives

CategoryDash Cams
Screen Size 2.7"
Camera Resolution1080p (Full HD)
Channels 2
FeaturesAutomatic Incident Detection (G-sensor), GPS, Motion Detection and Wi-Fi
Memory TypeMicroSD card