2Nutricia Neocate LCP

74%16%11%

Sam d
Sam d

Worse than poison

This product was recommended by the hospital under prescription, tried to feed the baby as he is highly allergic to cow's milk and ended up back to hospital because our baby's instant reaction was so bad..would not recommend this to anyone's child because it makes baby's condition worse.

Kj.
Kj.Sydney, NSW

This formula is good for babies who can’t have cows milk.

Had to stop breastfeeding at ten days old. So we went onto formula. We tried six formulas!!

My son was colic, had reflux and prescribed medication, was prescribed neocate and we seen doctors, health nurses, paediatrician and an ibclc. Everyone before the ibclc was misinformed and found that it was easy for them to prescribe whatever to get me out of their office. Turns out all of these symptoms are oral tie symptoms and as soon as they were released, he was a brand new baby and back on normal formula. So before you go on this, see an ibclc and do your research. Reflux is a symptom, colic is a symptom not a bloody diagnosis.

Michelle S
Michelle SCarlingford3 posts

Bub had an allergic reaction!

Bub is very sensitive and allergic to dairy, soy, eggs, nuts and sesame. This formula is meant to be allergy friendly however bub continues to show signs of an allergic reaction. I had also tasted the formula to test the temperature before giving to bub and it is very unpleasant. Very artificial and metallic taste. Unfortunately not suitable for my sensitive bub.

Bananamanana
Bananamanana

Trina
TrinaSydney, NSW3 posts

Fantastic! Baby loves it and so do we :)

Miracle formula in my eyes. Baby went from windy and in pain unsettled baby to happy and content. It made such a big difference, she did have a cows milk protein allergy and this formula worked miracles.

Same to prepare as most other formulas, a bit thinner than most.

My baby now has no more side effects and is absolutely thriving on this

It does smell and is greasy in the bottles.

Laura
LauraCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC15 posts

Great so far!!

It's still early days so I might ne ralking too soon but our little man is begging to thrive. To begin with he was vomiting extensively but now that ither formulas are out of his system, i think we're getting some where. It was introduced to him at 5 weeks old and the transition was tough... he hated the taste. Now, at 8 weeks old he'll chug back 210ml!!

C.Y.
C.Y.Sydney2 posts

Child doesn't like the taste

Baby allergic to cow's milk protein and this was the alternative the Pediatrician prescribed. Easy to prepare formula but baby doesn't seem to like the taste even when mixed with baby rice cereal. Didn't try enough to see if there were any allergic reactions. Only managed a couple sips from her, has a bitter aftertaste. Tried getting her to try it a few more times with no success. Would've been good if she liked it.

Tealady
TealadySydney

Relief at last

My newborn has made the switch to this magnificent formula and I LOVE it and so does bub. My baby was suffering terrible colic and has milk protein intolerance this was prescribed by his doctor and on script is very . Ever since starting this he is actually wanting to drink his milk and no longer screaming after feeds. I've tasted it and whilst it doesn't taste as sweet as the Nan formula he had he doesn't seem to mind it at all and doesn't have the tummy issues he had previously
Baby takes this formula with no issue
Taste is bitter
Isowhey living
Isowhey livingAU4 posts

Taty
Taty

Questions

Neocate has helped my son and my second daughter with reflux and blood in the stool; however, I'm concern that the neocate makes them grow slowly, shorter than normal, and teething late. I would like to know if I’m the only one who notices that problem? My first daughter wasn't on neocate she's very tall. My son and my second daughter are very short.
help with blood in the stool and acid reflux
grow slowly
JulesB
JulesBSydney5 posts

Some peace at last

After a very rough last couple of weeks where we went through multiple formulas (and multiple doctors!) we have finally had a good night after starting on Neocate yesterday. We tried Aptamil, Bellamys, Allerpro but bub just kept screaming more and more and I knew it wasn't right. But already it is so much better on Neocate, such a relief as we were all worn out and really worried
settled my baby
small tins won't last long
sdf12
sdf12AU

Nutricia

As others have said my little boy had CMPI and SMPI (and later other allergies), he was so ill with severe reflux, eczema and colitis (bleeding intestines). Neocate LCP was the cure and he usedAs others have said my little boy had CMPI and SMPI (and later other allergies), he was so ill with severe reflux, eczema and colitis (bleeding intestines). Neocate LCP was the cure and he used

jayden_akira
jayden_akiraNew South Wales, 257340 posts

Amazing Stuff

I dont know where we would be without this! my little man has had so much trouble and at 12months we finally found this! it has been a battle but he can finally drink something without being sick and in pain! he is now 20months and we are slowly trying to introduce new things.. but neocate is an amazing product!

The price

mei123
mei123NSW, 275010 posts

TamMarkZaneSummer
TamMarkZaneSummerAU14 posts

The Cure!

Cut a long story short...

My 6 week old daughter was diognosed with a dairy protein intolerance after ongoing tests an me strict dieting while breastfeeding with no change. We got prescribe Neocate lcp by the pediatrician & it worked! My daughter stopped padding blood & thrived! I'm so greatful for such medical research & products on the market now for infants! Without this product my daughter would of suffered longer :( I can happily say she turn two next month & has grown out of the protein intolerance! And eats all dairy without dramas :)
Cured my baby & made her thrive
You need to see the paeditrician & get authorised for PBS

Reshma L.
Reshma L.

Hi there. My baby is 3 months old. I have tried NAN comfort and Aptamil gold but she vomitted massively with both these formulas. I did a little research and switched to neocate lcp which she is tole rating well. Now, is this formula suitable for my baby given the above symptom as I started without consulting doctor?

Nutricia   DM

Hi Reshma, yes you should talk to your doctor there are other allergy options that may be more suitable or give us a call at the Careline to talk through baby's symptoms further 1800438500. Cheers Sue Careline Nutritionist.

Yordanos H.
Yordanos H.

My 3 months old baby he start this formula and he couldn’t poop and his not comfortable is that normal?

Sharee

Hi just wondering if i should consider adding thickener to this formula? LO doesnt seem full for long.

Sharee

Thanks Stuart. She actually suffers from both you have said above. Ive been given the all clear to add this to her formula from our paediatrician.

See all Nutricia Neocate LCP questions