Karicare+ Formula

Karicare+ Formula

1, 2, 3 and 4

This is great

This formula is great have used this with both my kids.
this product is very gentle on bubs tummy. And also has a great flavour
Works great as a breast milk substitute where you need to top up to.
Only negative is that the new pull tabs are sharp and can cut your fingers

Purchased in June 2019 for $20.00.

Good formula

This formula is good as its great quality at cheap price. It also had great nutrition comparing to more expensive formula. Good taste and easy to prepare. Overall, it is a good product as a transition to cow milk.

Purchased in March 2019 at Chemist Warehouse for $14.00.

Perfect formula!!

I switch my baby to Karicare and it was the best decision I made. She is no longer constipated, she doesn't projectile vomit and has a lot less wind. It seems really thick and frothy and smells a lot better than other formulas, it's also a lot more yellow. Overall I love the formula. However, I don't like the scooper it's hard to measure out a perfect amount as the handle on the scooper isn't flush. Also the formula seems to be very sticky which is annoying as there isn't a place to hold the scooper in the tin like other formula brands have so you have to dig for it when opening and the formula is quite sticky and moist so I have wash my hands each time otherwise it goes all glunky in my hand. It also doesn't suit my baby brezza formula maker as it goes up in 50ml increments apposed to 30ml like other formula brands. So those minor things are annoying but the actual formula itself is AMAZING and agrees with my little bubbas tummy.

Purchased in May 2019 for $20.00.

Easy to PrepareNo

Fnatastic

Baby LOVES this formula, has had 0 reaction to it, super easy to prepare.
Prior to this formula the hospital deemed my 6 week old with CMPA through "Symptoms" only and put him on Novalac Allergy, from then he started choking on slime mucus, hated milk and his weight dropped drastically over a 14 day period. He screamed constantly, would not settle, burp or rest at all.
I took a slight chance and tried karicare as the CMPA was not determined via bloods or other tests and monitored him for 30 minutes, within 45 minutes he was asleep and slept for 4 hours. The first time in 14 days he slept longer than 10 minutes. He burped easily, pooped easily, settled easily and now 1 week into the formula and he has gained 400g!!

This formula saved my life, sanity and helped my baby thrive. Thank you so much karicare.

Purchased in April 2019 at Woolworths for $20.00.

Caused Unease / Sickness No

I wish I changed to this earlier.

Amazing for reflux. I've only changed to this formula few days ago and I'm really impressed how calm my wee girl is after each feed. And very Easy to prepare.

Purchased in March 2019 for $21.00.

Caused Unease / Sickness No

We switched our daughter to Karicare and she has thrived. Wouldnt change!

Our baby girl wasn't taking to formula well and we tried Karicare and havent looked back. She is putting weight on and is thriving. Its easy to make up with simple instructions

Purchased in August 2018 at Coles Supermarkets for $20.00.

Caused Unease / Sickness No
Hi Amy, Thank you for choosing our products. We are very happy to hear of your experience. Thanks. Jenny Nutricia Careline

Bub loves the taste and increased his milk intake which is awesome!

My bub was on other formula which was okay. I tried this one just to see how he goes on different brand. Surprisingly he really likes the taste and always finishing his bottle where before he tends to take 60 mls out of 120 mls. On Karicare he takes 150 mls each feed!

The formula is easy to prepare, one scoop equals to 50 mls of water which is easy to remember for me. The milk it self is foamy when you shake it too much, however if you swirl it around is fine.

Purchased in March 2019 at Woolworths Physical store for $20.00.

Caused Unease / Sickness No

This is awesome, my baby is healthy and happy.

I was so stressed when I didn’t get full breast milk supply but Karicare saved me. My baby lost so much weight in first week and then I started with Karicare as top feed. My baby gained weight immediately from day 1 and now at 6 weeks she is doing really well. Never constipated and no side effects. She takes it very well along with breast milk. Thanks to Karicare for awry products.

Purchased in January 2019 at Coles Supermarkets for $20.00.

Very good buy

All my kids have enjoyed this one the most and easy to mix and keep. You can buy it everywhere and it is very cheap compared to the other formulas. I recommend this to everyone

Purchased in February 2019.

A good basic formula

We’ve used Karicare for the past 2 months since we weaned our 8mo son off the breast.. he seems happy with it.. he doesn’t have it warmed up.. just as it comes.. it’s easy to prepare and seems to dissolve relatively easily.. sometimes I shake it then leave it then shake it again and that seems to do it.. never had any side effects.. seems just a good basic formula

Baby seems to like it and we’ve had no issues

This is our second baby and we went back to using Karicare again as our first child seemed to like it and had no issues with it unlike the S26 Gold we had initially tried our first child on which caused him nothing but grief. Once we put our first child onto Karicare care we had no further issues so it was a no brainer when it came to our second child. Our second child was fully breastfeed for the first 6 weeks but then had a massive jump in appetite which I just couldn’t keep up with so we put him on to complementary feeding with Karicare after a breastfeed.

The cost of the tin is fortunately quite reasonable in comparison to other brands. My only word of warning is to make sure that you give the scoop a really good shake and tap to make sure it is full as on more than one occasion I thought the scoop was full only to accidentally tap it on the side of the tin and have the scoop cave in which meant that I hadn’t full filled the scoop.

We will definitely continue on using the Karicare brand as our child gets to the next stages.

Only formula we use

Our son is primarily breastfed but we wanted the flexibility of combination feeding. I was keen to get a formula that worked well with breastmilk and Karicare was recommended to me. Our son took to it well with no issues that other mums had had with their formula choices (primarily gas and reflux). We’ve since moved onto Stage 2 and use it in his breakfast, as well as the bottle.

Stage 1 karicare Formula

It’s really good I used this for my son while I was also breast feeding, but in saying that it doesn’t work for my new 6 month old. However every child is different. I loved that it comes from NZ cause in all honesty I don’t trust some formulas here in Australia. I bought this from Coles and I am shocked at how low their stock is with this formula and all others. This formula is really good, I do like it but really wish they could put more on the shelves and maybe make one that’s better for breastfeeding babies

Good Taste But Doesn't Work on My Baby

I used to give another brand to my 5mo baby. But there's a time when the formula gone from the market, so I decided to give a go to Karicare. I pirchased the trial pack which has 5 sachets inside.

It's frothy. The powder doesn't dissolve correcty even if I shake it very hard too. First day after 1st trial, he didn't sleep well. He cried over night in pain. Because I gave him the formula in the afternoon, so I thought there's nothing wrong with it - maybe it's just a grwth spurt or something. The next day I still gave the next sachet as I rraloze he loved the taste. But still I thoight nothing wrong. When I went to Lil Dynamo Gym Alexandria, he spilled out very very big amount of milk. Still again, I thought because he felt too hot that day and there's a huge fan inside the Gym which blew up the big wind, it caused his tummy upset. The third day (2nd Nov 2018) I gave the last sachet. Soon after he finished the milk, he vomit like hell. His body temp araised upto 40 since then (due to extreme temp too actually).

Different baby different result anyway. It might work to others but not from me. But regarding the frothy and hard to dissolve, yes it's true.

Good formula

I was advised by a midwife (after realising I had insufficient milk supply) to top up with a basic formula (apparently the "gold" ones can cause issues like stomach pain, wind, etc). So I chose this one and haven't looked back. My son has been growing well,transitioned well to the formula and hasn't had no issues with reflex or upset tummy.
The only negative is that when using just formula it can be very frothy. When I mix formula with my breastmilk it is fine.

Great Formula-Would recommend

I wanted to find a formula which would not cause constipation and would be easy on the tummy of my little one after being breastfed for the first 6 months. This was a great follow on formula which my daughter really seemed to like. The price was also extremely competitive and available in most supermarkets. I would definetly use again on the next baby.

Good formula for toddler

My toddler doesn’t eat too well and I feel that this formula lives up to what it states on the tin, that it provides nutritions and minerals for developing toddlers. He loves the tastes and have no issues with him taking it.
The only negative is that the formula inside the tin does not fill the tin can to the top so paying more for the packaging.

Gave our baby a rash!

We were trying out other formulas to see if our daughter might like something else better after being recommended it by my sister in law. Our daughter never drank a full feed of this formula and was fairly restless throughout feeding. Being a fussy eater as it is, we didn’t think much of it but when the rash appeared after 3 feeds we knew it wasn’t right! As soon as we stopped and went back to the original formula, her rash wasn’t as red and it is now completely cleared up after just a couple of feeds. This formula has a very strong smell to it and is extremely frothy too. Not a fan!

Great for reflux baby.

My baby was choking and struggling to drink any thin formulas. Adding thickener and getting it to go through the teat was a nightmare. This formula was perfect for him as it isn't as thin and he loves the taste. He is a much happier baby now. We've had no problems with constipation and way less trouble with reflux. I highly recommend it.

Not a fan

My baby enjoyed drinking this formula but it was waaaay too frothy!!! Half the milk would turn to frothy bubbles after shaking or stirring the powder into the water even trying different ways of mixing it in and using different temperature of water it still turned to froth which gave my baby lots of trapped wind, he had a lot of trouble bringing up his wind on this formula and was throwing up a lot, also the formula powder never seemed to fully dissolve in the water and always left clumps on the bottom of the bottle.

My 5 month old baby has a bad bloated tummy just wonder if it the formula give her the bloated. I have burb her for 30min to an hour. But has no luck most of time. Took her to the hospital Dr cant do anything part of telling me what possibly things cause bloated. If you have better suggestion t that would be appreciated. Lika NT
Karicare formula is pretty gentle on babies tummies if she had the bloating from when she first started formula you could probably say it was from that Have you introduced some solids in her diet

Is karicare lactose free?? Im starting to think my son may be lactose intolerant. Does karicare have any lactose free formula???
Hi there Emma. Our Lactose free products are Aptamil Gold+ Delact and Karicare+Soy. Lactose intolerance (primary/genetic) is extremely rare and usually noticed because babies’ growth falters after 3 months. Secondary lactose intolerance is usually related to a virus knocking out the lactase enzyme (in the gut) for about 3-4 weeks. Using a lactose free milk for this period may be helpful for both babies comfort & the copious watery & frothy bowel motions dealt with by parents & carers. Lactose is the main carbohydrate in breast milk and babies need it to maximise calcium absorption from their milk as well as support bone and tooth mineralisation. Lactose intolerant babies ALWAYS have visible froth or bubbles in their watery bowel motions from undigested milk sugar (lactose). Note that Aptamil Gold+ DeLact formula has whole cows milk protein (CMP), so is not suitable for babies with allergy to cows milk. Working with your Doctor/MCHN is a good idea if you suspect lactose intolerance is affecting your baby. Testing for this condition is quite simple and will ensure that lactose is not unnecessarily eliminated from babies’ diet. Call us at the Nutricia Careline if you would like to discuss your little one's individual situation with our Dietitians or Nutritionists. We are here on 1800 438 500. Kristin, Nutricia Careline Dietitian

1st month I used Aptamil Gold and it made my little wee one vomit every time, 1 month later I finally changed formula and decided to go with Karicare. And the difference it made my little girl was amazing, never had to deal with anymore vomiting. She’s finally kept it in instead of vomiting it all out.. I just hope they haven’t changed the recipe with the new packaging that’s out now.
Hi Tupu, The Karicare stage 1 has had no ingredient changes. Lucie Nutricia Careline

Formula 1Formula 2Formula 3Formula 4
Price (RRP) $19.99$19.99$17.99$17.99
AgeInfant (0-6 months)Follow-On (6-12 Months)Toddler (1+ year)Junior (2+ years)
Stage1234