O Cedar Liquid Furniture Polish

O Cedar Liquid Furniture Polish

Not the same any more

Please bring the traditional product back. It work perfectly well, smells natural, got the right formular. Why changed it? If you want to experiment, create a new model. Call old one "Classic" the new one "New" so something creative. Apology for my tone, but honestly, it's my trusted product, before you changed it.

Excellent when used as directed but doesn't smell as nice any more.

Long time user of the product. It's a polish, it's good. It's not a miracle restoration product nor a magical floor polish as some "reviewers" seem to've unrealistically expected. I use it on all my timber furniture and my speaker cabinets (but not my floors, of course, because it's FURNITURE polish and I can read). It rejuvenates the finish well, is easy to apply,and smells pleasant but I do wish they'd return the smell to the original though.

This product is rubbish

Have been using your Floor Polish for over 10 years Purchased a bottle recently only to find it was not the same I had been using. This is watery not at all oily no nice smell my feet stuck to the floor and streaks were every where,I have beautiful Jarrah polished boards and all I ever used on them was the original O'Cedar oil.
It has ruined my beautiful boards and I don't know how to remove it. I will never use this product again and will not recommend it to anyone. I want some answers from this company immediately.

Miracle polish man cave rescuer

Used it on a blue gum timber bar that was grimey from years of spilt drinks and dust. One coat and wipe it's now looking smick as bringing out the vibrant red grains and fantastic sheen.

So impressed I thought I would give it a go on my old pool table i thought I would need to sand back and varnish again. Once again to my delight it brought out the beautiful timber colours and gave it a classy shine.

Barely used any of the 300ml bottle will go a long way.

O'Cedar Furniture Polish

Tried this on cedar venetian blinds that have direct midday sun exposure, it is an excellent product, goes on very easily and buffs to a matt finish with a lint free cotton cloth.
The blinds were very neglected and really soaked up the first coat, I found using a small, long bristle paint brush the most effective way to apply the first coat.
Prices seem to vary, best price I found was Bunnings, $6.40 for a 300ml bottle. That was sufficient to treat 4, 1800mm x 1350mm blinds.
I will probably check and reapply in 6 months time, although it is a mind numbing job so I may not......

Never again!!

Used this on my timber floor and table. My lovely floor looked awful. Every footmarks showed, dog paw marks everywhere. Took hours to remove this stuff, Terrible, be warned, very disappointing.

Not suitable for polished Jarrah flooring.

Leaves sticky, dull residue which shows all shoe and foot prints, and them difficult to remove, definitely not suitable for timber flooring. Am now looking for alternatives, any suggestions please.

Out door wooden bar

Works a treat looks like new again..I highly recommend this little bottle, used on outdoor furniture and indoor don't need to apply as much to the indoor furniture as it's not as dry and doesn't have the sun to help it dry/asorbe in.

Do not buy this product

It is a very expensive product and it is not worth the money. It leaves an oily residue after used and covers only minor scratches. The residue it leaves reduces the shine of the furniture. Disgusting product.

Really great product

This is a fantastic product, even if it is a little expensive. I use it on all the wooden furniture. If you don't follow the directions and remember to wipe it off / rub it in it does leave an oily residue - it is an oil after all! But it's such a good finish and smells great too. I bought a beat up old wooden chest and rubbed this into it. The end result was amazing. It even felt smooth to the touch. It will still need to be done every few months or so, but well worth it. I just hope they don't change the product like so many other companies do.

new tricks with O Ceadar

I sprayed O Cedar on a cloth and rubbed down the Aluminum frame on my back entry door and now it shines like new after a few hours no residue just a great shine

Four months since I used O Cedar on all my aluminium frames (mission brown) and still look new all frames are over twenty years old and were very dull

Destroyed my Davis table

Stained the table which is over 20 years old. No product has ever down this. Impossible to shine, Leaves a greasy scum. Disgusting product. Will see if I can feed back directly to ocedar but there appears to be no way.

Over priced Paraffin Oil

If you look at the MSDS for this product it is 98% Paraffin Oil.
You can get 1 litre of Diggers Paraffin Oil from Bunnings for $12.15.
Nearly three times cheaper.

GREAT STUFF

I have used O Cedar polish since 1949 and it is easy to use, preserves the furniture and has a delightful "O Dar" that leaves the whole house smelling as fresh as the first day of spring. I love using O Cedar!

Masks scratches and cleans floor

Awesome products for hiding scratches forever.

Tried on floor and worked awesome.

Mop is required on floor after using this to give even look.

Great stuff

This product is excellent on lighter timbers it would be fantastic if you could make a similar product to cover imperfections on darker timbers as there appears to be nothing on the market

It's a very expensive furniture polish

Some of the reviews on here have obviously been written by people who have shares in the company!
This won't cover damage to your furniture! I had a cple of items with minor surface marks and used this to hide them after seeing these reviews. All this stuff is, is a polish that does nothing but polish a piece of wood. If your item is slightly marked before you use this product, it'll be slightly marked after you use it. Anyone who says it covers or disguises even minor damage is probably sniffing the stuff.

It's a furniture polish - that's all

Miracle in a bottle

I bought some teak verneer furniture from the Salvos for my daughters flat, it was in good shape but the wood was water marked, dull and stained. I went to Bunnings and bought some new srain, top coat and sandpaper feeling I would have to strip it right back. Before I started, the thought occured to me to perhaps first try some furniture polish, it looked like mission impossible but I will give it a try. I bought a can of Marveer and a bottle of O'Cedar furniture polish and treated one shelf with the Marveer and the other with the O'Cedar. The Marveer was very good, but the O'Cedar was brilliant, beyond all expectations! To say the wood came up like new is no exaggeration. Anyone need a can of teak stain and varnish now surplus to my requirements?
Incredible result

Great!

I usually use another product. I have a lot of colonial furniture. When I shopped, I couldn't get the brand I usually use so bought O'Cedar. The scratches (cat claws) have disappeared. It has left a lovely glow to the furniture but there is no oily residue. I am initially very I impressed but will look at the furniture over a period of time to see how it holds up. At this stage, I am thinking this is the product I will use in the future.

the real deal

just purchased this product and gave it a real go ,had a table that was marked pretty bad and you would never know now this is a great product .
Tried it on various timber we have in house and it works on all of them leaves a fresh look
works and value for money
nothing

My husband decided to bn use ocedar polish to lubricate the fan on our wood heater and as it is heating up the room looks all misty and smells. Will the fumes from the polish be toxic to us?
Check our their product information sheet. Outlines toxicity and flammability. Looks like it shouldn't be heated up. You, or a tradie, should take the fan apart, clean it, and grease it up with the appropriate lubricant. http://www.ocedar.com.au/pdf/MSDS_O'Cedar_Furniture_Polish_400ml.pdf

Can you use this on food grade chopping boards?
No, ocedar is furniture polish only to make furniture look shiny and new. For food grade chopping boards I use vegetable cooking oil.Definute NO on chopping boards But Veg. oil sounds OK but a good clean then dry WELL is my deal

will a few drops of o cedar in a bucket of water ''revive'' a dry looking patio tiled with ''porous tiles''. i would like to revive the ''pebbly look'' of these tiles especially the dark brown ''pebbles''. these tiles are very porous...like a dry skin on the hands. they look like they need ''moisturiser'. thank you for your help' . Marie
Firstly I love this product on my Jarrah boards but have also tried it on my patio beige colour tiles and I found it does make them look clean and smooth but use sparingly as to prevent them them from being slippery wipe over with dry clothoh thank you. i will not use it neat.....just a teaspoon or two in a bucket of water. the tiles are porous so they will absorb the o'cedar oil and only a slight shine is left. so they wont get slippery. but doing this regularly will 'revive' their colours. i have tried it neat on a sample tile and even then, it was thoroughly absorbed. thanks again mal for replying to my query :-)) marinat

Similar listings