Omega Altise OAPC10

Omega Altise OAPC10

MPN: OMG-OAPC10

chuteAU

Just a giant, noisy fan in the end.

It worked for the first few months without fault. Air was cold, although it was quite noisy. Recently it has stopped blowing cold air, and just circulates the air at room temperature. Very disappointing that it didnt even last a year.

Purchased in January 2018 at Harvey Norman for $328.00.

Noise Level
Heating / Cooling Speed
Portability
Home Insulation Level Good
Room Type Small Bedroom
Alexis P.Omega Altise

Good morning Chute , all of our Omega Altise products carry a two year manufacturers warranty , so please return your unit to place of purchase for an exchange. Thanks the team at Altise.

Saad

SaadSydney, NSW

Works well

It's not like an actual split system but good enough to sleep during these summers in Sydney which is not too hot. I have got a small bedroom and its perfect for that.

Purchased in November 2017 for $250.00.

Noise Level
Heating / Cooling Speed
Portability
Room Type Small Bedroom
Ray Moore

Ray MooreAdelaide

Two in less than two months

This is the second one in less than two months the first got that hot it warped out of shape and wouldn't run and the replacement one worked fine for almost two weeks then stopped blowing cold air I've never been less satisfied with an air conditioning brand anyone else having similar problems with the aircon units

Date PurchasedDec 2018
Alexis P.Omega Altise

Good morning, we have sent you a private message so that we can discuss your OAPC10
The team at Altise..

Roland P

Roland PPerth, WA

Loses its refrigerant very quickly.

I purchased this to cool a room down. It did the job, later though, it made a strange hissing noise as it worked and it lost all its refrigerant overnight. It blows room temperature air out of both outlets.I just got a replacement today, and the replacement appears to have lost its refrigerant also.

This is not acceptable given the price of the unit.

Date PurchasedDec 2018
Alexis P.Omega Altise

Good afternoon, please contact our customer service desk on 1300 739 033 for assistance or you can return the unit to Harvey Norman for a replacement.

Cat❤

Cat❤South East Queensland, QLD

Very cool little unit.

I bought this unit last summer & love it. According to my energy meter it runs at about 35cents an hour. It gets a good sized room cool very quickly. The only drawback is the noise, it's incredibly loud & you have to empty it out if it gets to much condensation in it & it's incredibly heavy. It has a nice little remote control that you can set a timer to turn itself off plus you can also use it as a fan. The air vent to the window is a little tricky to install into the back of the air con but once it's in there, leave it there lol
Easy to clean, always make sure you leave it on fan for a few hours before you pack it away for the cooler weather, it'll help stop mould building up in it. Very happy with purchase, would recommend.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018
Alexis P.Omega Altise

Hi there , thanks for the review and helpful hints , your valuable feed back will be passed on to our marketing team. The team at Altise.

Corin

CorinMandurah

Works well

Alexis P.Omega Altise

Please contact our customer service team on 1300 739 033 so we can further assist you.

Shellec

Shellec

Different to what we imagined

Date PurchasedNov 2018
Alexis P.Omega Altise

Hi there Shellec , good to hear that you have overcome the teething problems with your OAPC10 if ever you need assistance please call our customer service desk on
1300 739 033 and one of our friendly team will be happy help . The team at Altise.

Claire.LD

Claire.LDBunbury

It gets you by

It is ok it gets us by. Cools down one room easily. But uses a lot of electricity. However it is reliable and sturdy. Works well when it has too make sure the hose is connected to outside so that it can blow hot air outside or your room gets hot

Thanks for the review
Glad to hear that your OAPC10 is meeting your requirements , we will forward your review on to our marketing department.

Old55er

Old55ermelbourne

Made summer bearable!

We have a really hot bedroom over summer and not in a good way! The afternoon sun bakes it like an over and on the 40c days uits too hot to sleep there. Enter the omega - It was an absolute lifesaver during the hot months and meant that I could actually get some sleep without trying to sleep on the sofa in the living room. It's not too noisy and puts out cool, cool air! It comes with a hose tkit that goes out the window (you close it on it) and cold air comes out the front. Just a note, because it has a compressor, you should wait before switching it on after moving it. It saved my butt over summer and I will using it again next summer too

Alexis P.Omega Altise

Good morning , Thanks for the great review on your OAPC10 its good to hear that the unit is meeting your expectations. Your positive feedback will be passed on to our marketing department. The team at Altise.

Layney

LayneySydney, NSW

Perfect portable Air conditioner

This unit is great, doesn’t make too much noise, cooling capacity is very efficient, set your temperature and and your good to go. Easy to set up the tubing and exhaust the hot hair out of the window. It’s also very easy to replace the water tank when it’s full.

Alexis P.Omega Altise

Hi Layney, thanks for the great review on your OAPC10 your valuable feedback will be passed on to our marketing department. The team at Altise.

Coopers

Coopersmelbourne

Good Little Portable Air Conditioner

This was pretty good over summer. I think of it like refrigerated fan more than a full air conditioner. There's no way it can cool our whole lounge nut it blows out really nicely chilled air and is a dream to sit in front of on the hottest days. Its well made and come with a remote - they even chuck the batteries in too! Its a good machine just need to be realistic about how much space it can cool

Good morning Coopers ,
Your positive feedback will be passed on to our marketing department.

Thank you the team at Altise..

Family_Man

Family_ManMelbourne

Handy Room Air Con

This is not the most powerful air conditioner in the world but it does an excellent job for its size and it really helped in the bedroom. It want so amazing the the lounge It was OK as a spot cooler but it was never about to cool the whole area but then that is a much bigger space than its designed for. Its fine if you understand its limitations and use it accordingly. Its easy to move on wheels. Its reliable and looks not bad either.

Tennis42

Tennis42Melbourne

The Summer Saviour

This made all the difference in our bedroom this summer. I came to completely rely on it in just a few weeks. It's surprisingly effective for a small easily transportable machine. All you do is connect the exhaust hose to a window (needs to be close) plug it in, turn it on and close the door. 20 minutes later, cool bedroom. Total winner. Glad we bought it and the wife loves it too.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

CloG

CloGSydney

Quiet, cool, effective

Compact and powerful this portable air con does a good job at keeping our bedroom cool. It is quick at getting the temperature down on those really hot days. The only thing which can be annoying is a noise that it makes when changing air flows in the middle of the night

Date PurchasedFeb 2018
Alexis P.Omega Altise

Great power for compact model

The unit cools my lounge room well, however for multiple rooms I don't think it'd suffice. On high fan with air-conditioning on its loud and have to put the TV louder lol.
For a compact model its very strong and versatile, it moves easily and the exhaust tube isn't too large to put out the window. All in all good item.

Date PurchasedMar 2018
Davo

Davo

Bloody Brilliant

Date PurchasedJan 2016

Fatal

FatalTasmania

Bring on the A/C

Very well priced item for functionality and options provided.
Run as a fan, dehumidifier or a portable a/c unit with temperature & fan speed control.
A/C compressor can be manually bypassed when it gets too cool or left running in automatic mode.
I have a Gym at home and on the stinking hot summer days it has never failed to keep the room more than cool enough even on the low settings, I was a bit skeptical when I purchased the item but after multiple uses of this unit I am more than impressed and would recommend it on a high note.

Date PurchasedMay 2017

sunny

sunnySidaknee

Great for a small room / unit, but a bit noisy

I bought one of these to cool my rented one bedroom unit on those extra hot days. It does a decent job of keeping the whole unit cool, but it is too noisy to have in the same room, so I put it in the kitchen and direct the stream of cold air into living area and bedroom. The exhaust duct is nice and long and the window vent easy to mount and use. When it's not in use, I roll it under the kitchen bench, out of the way. An economical solution when a split unit AC unit can't be installed, but just not as quiet or efficient.

Alexis P.Omega Altise

Thanks for the review sunny,

Zekealot

Zekealot

Good unit for medium room size

Works well but you need to keep in mind the size of the room. In my lounge (7m x 4m) it makes a difference to the temp and stops it getting hot but never gets all that cold. But in my bedroom (3m x 4m) it gets cold enough to wake you at night (which is a good thing).
It comes with a window install kit to vent the air but I made my own out of the box it came in. Its a bit loud if you're trying to watch TV, but to be fair, the thing is sitting right next to me which is bound to impact the noise levels. If I had to buy it again I would probably look at the next model up to get one rated for a bigger room but if this will suit your room size then I would highly recommend.

Good afternoon Zekealot,
Glad to hear that you are happy with your purchase and the capabilities of the OAPC10 , if ever we can assist you please feel free to contact us.

KD

KD

Decent Unit

Bought this unit end of December while Sydney was sweltering somewhat. Have probably used it 7-8 times so far and have found it to be quite ok for a medium sized bedroom. I have read how people have mentioned that it doesnt cool but it is necessary to supplement this with a fan of some sort which can get the air circulating in the room. So far been quite satisfied with this unit.

Good morning KD,
Good to hear that your OAPC10 got you through the Sydney heat wave, if ever you require assistance please contact us.