Omega Altise OAPC10

Omega Altise OAPC10

MPN: OMG-OAPC10

Works well

It's not like an actual split system but good enough to sleep during these summers in Sydney which is not too hot. I have got a small bedroom and its perfect for that.

Purchased in November 2017 for $250.00.

Noise Level
Heating / Cooling Speed
Portability
Room Type Small Bedroom

Two in less than two months

This is the second one in less than two months the first got that hot it warped out of shape and wouldn't run and the replacement one worked fine for almost two weeks then stopped blowing cold air I've never been less satisfied with an air conditioning brand anyone else having similar problems with the aircon units

Date PurchasedDec 2018
Good morning, we have sent you a private message so that we can discuss your OAPC10 The team at Altise..

Loses its refrigerant very quickly.

I purchased this to cool a room down. It did the job, later though, it made a strange hissing noise as it worked and it lost all its refrigerant overnight. It blows room temperature air out of both outlets.I just got a replacement today, and the replacement appears to have lost its refrigerant also.

This is not acceptable given the price of the unit.

Date PurchasedDec 2018
Good afternoon, please contact our customer service desk on 1300 739 033 for assistance or you can return the unit to Harvey Norman for a replacement. The team at Altise.

Very cool little unit.

I bought this unit last summer & love it. According to my energy meter it runs at about 35cents an hour. It gets a good sized room cool very quickly. The only drawback is the noise, it's incredibly loud & you have to empty it out if it gets to much condensation in it & it's incredibly heavy. It has a nice little remote control that you can set a timer to turn itself off plus you can also use it as a fan. The air vent to the window is a little tricky to install into the back of the air con but once it's in there, leave it there lol
Easy to clean, always make sure you leave it on fan for a few hours before you pack it away for the cooler weather, it'll help stop mould building up in it. Very happy with purchase, would recommend.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018
Hi there , thanks for the review and helpful hints , your valuable feed back will be passed on to our marketing team. The team at Altise.

Works well

Bought to cool bedroom on 2/12/17 3.5m x 4.2m as we only have evap unit on the roof. Worked well and was great to follow me around the house. (theatre room, lounge etc). Started making fan noise on the 10/02/18 and took it back to the store and within in 4 hours was replaced and was very satisfied for the rest of the summer. Started the unit up 3 weeks ago and was doing the job well once again until yesterday started making the same noise in the fan so took it back to the store to get my replacement and was told that they could not replace it in store and would have to get a rep too ok the replacement. Was told I purchased the unit I would have peace of mind with the manufacturer's' store swap warranty for 24 months not what I was expecting on a 40 deg day but overall a good unit

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Please contact our customer service team on 1300 739 033 so we can further assist you.

Different to what we imagined

While this unit cools our oven of a bedroom effectively, we found a couple of issues with it. First the plastic doo dad that comes to block off the window and hold the hose end in place was too short for the frame and we had to wangle a piece of cardboard to get it to fit and seal, (so is there an extension we can get?). Secondly the hose itself was a nightmare trying to get it to attach to the window fitting and the unit itself (it came undone during the night and scared the life out of me!!!). Also after two hours use the water tank overflowed after we were told by the retailer it rarely needed to be emptied. BUT overall we are sorted now and are glad to have it and once we get used to the specifics of using it I am sure it will be value for money.

Date PurchasedNov 2018
Hi there Shellec , good to hear that you have overcome the teething problems with your OAPC10 if ever you need assistance please call our customer service desk on 1300 739 033 and one of our friendly team will be happy help . The team at Altise.

It gets you by

It is ok it gets us by. Cools down one room easily. But uses a lot of electricity. However it is reliable and sturdy. Works well when it has too make sure the hose is connected to outside so that it can blow hot air outside or your room gets hot

Date PurchasedOct 2017
Thanks for the review Glad to hear that your OAPC10 is meeting your requirements , we will forward your review on to our marketing department.

Made summer bearable!

We have a really hot bedroom over summer and not in a good way! The afternoon sun bakes it like an over and on the 40c days uits too hot to sleep there. Enter the omega - It was an absolute lifesaver during the hot months and meant that I could actually get some sleep without trying to sleep on the sofa in the living room. It's not too noisy and puts out cool, cool air! It comes with a hose tkit that goes out the window (you close it on it) and cold air comes out the front. Just a note, because it has a compressor, you should wait before switching it on after moving it. It saved my butt over summer and I will using it again next summer too

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Good morning , Thanks for the great review on your OAPC10 its good to hear that the unit is meeting your expectations. Your positive feedback will be passed on to our marketing department. The team at Altise.

Perfect portable Air conditioner

This unit is great, doesn’t make too much noise, cooling capacity is very efficient, set your temperature and and your good to go. Easy to set up the tubing and exhaust the hot hair out of the window. It’s also very easy to replace the water tank when it’s full.

Date PurchasedJan 2018
Hi Layney, thanks for the great review on your OAPC10 your valuable feedback will be passed on to our marketing department. The team at Altise.

Good Little Portable Air Conditioner

This was pretty good over summer. I think of it like refrigerated fan more than a full air conditioner. There's no way it can cool our whole lounge nut it blows out really nicely chilled air and is a dream to sit in front of on the hottest days. Its well made and come with a remote - they even chuck the batteries in too! Its a good machine just need to be realistic about how much space it can cool

Date PurchasedOct 2017
Good morning Coopers , Your positive feedback will be passed on to our marketing department. Thank you the team at Altise..

Handy Room Air Con

This is not the most powerful air conditioner in the world but it does an excellent job for its size and it really helped in the bedroom. It want so amazing the the lounge It was OK as a spot cooler but it was never about to cool the whole area but then that is a much bigger space than its designed for. Its fine if you understand its limitations and use it accordingly. Its easy to move on wheels. Its reliable and looks not bad either.

Date PurchasedOct 2017
Good morning Family Man, Glad to hear that you are happy with your purchase and the capabilities of the OAPC10 , if ever we can assist you please feel free to contact us. Your valuable feedback will be passed on to our marketing team. The team at Altise.

The Summer Saviour

This made all the difference in our bedroom this summer. I came to completely rely on it in just a few weeks. It's surprisingly effective for a small easily transportable machine. All you do is connect the exhaust hose to a window (needs to be close) plug it in, turn it on and close the door. 20 minutes later, cool bedroom. Total winner. Glad we bought it and the wife loves it too.

Date PurchasedNov 2017
Good Morning Tennis42. Thank you for your amazing feedback. Omega Altise are glad to hear that you have been enjoying your OAPC10. Should you have any questions or need any further assistance, feel free to contact our Customer Care Team on 1300 739 033. Thank you.

Quiet, cool, effective

Compact and powerful this portable air con does a good job at keeping our bedroom cool. It is quick at getting the temperature down on those really hot days. The only thing which can be annoying is a noise that it makes when changing air flows in the middle of the night

Date PurchasedFeb 2018
Good Morning CloG, Thank you for your review for your OAPC10. We regret to hear of your concerns regarding the airflow noise. It is the nature of the appliance to make a slight noise when interchanging the airflow levels. However this may be accentuated at night as the background noise is much quieter than during the day. We suggest possibly setting the OAPC10 at one level during the night, to eliminate this issue. Should you wish to discuss this further, feel free to contact our Customer Care team on 1300 739 033. Thank you.

Great power for compact model

The unit cools my lounge room well, however for multiple rooms I don't think it'd suffice. On high fan with air-conditioning on its loud and have to put the TV louder lol.
For a compact model its very strong and versatile, it moves easily and the exhaust tube isn't too large to put out the window. All in all good item.

Date PurchasedMar 2018
Good Morning Scott Wagemaker, Thank you for your review on the OAPC10. The portable air conditioners are designed to regulate the temperature in a single room. The OAPC10 has a cooling capacity of 2.9kw, which is recommended for cooling a room that is approximately 4 x 4 metres. The larger the cooling capacity, it can cool a larger room size however only recommended for single room cooling. They are not designed for a larger planned area or multiple rooms. Should you wish to discuss this further, feel free to contact our Customer Care Team on 1300 739 033. Thank you.

Bloody Brilliant

I have a 2 bedroom top floor unit with large windows. I do use poly blinds a balcony awning and 3 panel blinds for my full length balcony door with fixed windows on each side, the afternoon sun belts here and also my adjacent kitchen which has a servery to the lounge dining area of 60 square.. I put 2 of the 2.9KW next to each other and place one vent on top of the other and use race tape to join. In effect I have the two vent outlets with another piece of the flat plastic supplied then race taped on top again and it provides a fence post size of square plastic I then close my balcony door on to wedge it in place. Close the fly screen door.
It works a treat to cool me down as I sit on my lounge and I then use two fans to direct air to my bedroom and kitchen area...

I also use a separate De-humidifier to knock out the humidity...

That cures our somewhat Facist Strata Committee not allowing a split system air conditioner to be installed, Sure my open lounge and dining area is cooler than my bedroom. But it works a treat to knock out the 60 + degrees this place can reach after a few 35 to 40 degree days.... It is a double brick heavily rendered inside built 1975 unit.

Hope that helps anyone wanting to be in heaven.... as I am on a really, really hot day.
I had one situation after having both on for 6 days x 24 hours, the temperature was around 40 degrees outside with 98% humidity (no rain though), water leaked from one of the units. I popped a towel underneath and soaked up the volume of water (carpet mat underneath got a bit wet) no troubles and it happened only that one time in 2 + years of use... Not having to use a drain hose or empty water from these units is a good idea, very good idea,
Buy one !!!

Date PurchasedJan 2016

Bring on the A/C

Very well priced item for functionality and options provided.
Run as a fan, dehumidifier or a portable a/c unit with temperature & fan speed control.
A/C compressor can be manually bypassed when it gets too cool or left running in automatic mode.
I have a Gym at home and on the stinking hot summer days it has never failed to keep the room more than cool enough even on the low settings, I was a bit skeptical when I purchased the item but after multiple uses of this unit I am more than impressed and would recommend it on a high note.

Date PurchasedMay 2017
Good afternoon Fatal, Thanks for the great review , we are glad that your purchase is working well for you. The team at Altise.

Great for a small room / unit, but a bit noisy

I bought one of these to cool my rented one bedroom unit on those extra hot days. It does a decent job of keeping the whole unit cool, but it is too noisy to have in the same room, so I put it in the kitchen and direct the stream of cold air into living area and bedroom. The exhaust duct is nice and long and the window vent easy to mount and use. When it's not in use, I roll it under the kitchen bench, out of the way. An economical solution when a split unit AC unit can't be installed, but just not as quiet or efficient.

Date PurchasedJan 2018
Thanks for the review sunny, Glad to hear that your OAPC10 is meeting your requirements , we will forward your review on to our marketing department.

Good unit for medium room size

Works well but you need to keep in mind the size of the room. In my lounge (7m x 4m) it makes a difference to the temp and stops it getting hot but never gets all that cold. But in my bedroom (3m x 4m) it gets cold enough to wake you at night (which is a good thing).
It comes with a window install kit to vent the air but I made my own out of the box it came in. Its a bit loud if you're trying to watch TV, but to be fair, the thing is sitting right next to me which is bound to impact the noise levels. If I had to buy it again I would probably look at the next model up to get one rated for a bigger room but if this will suit your room size then I would highly recommend.

Date PurchasedJan 2018
Good afternoon Zekealot, Glad to hear that you are happy with your purchase and the capabilities of the OAPC10 , if ever we can assist you please feel free to contact us. The team at Altise.

Decent Unit

Bought this unit end of December while Sydney was sweltering somewhat. Have probably used it 7-8 times so far and have found it to be quite ok for a medium sized bedroom. I have read how people have mentioned that it doesnt cool but it is necessary to supplement this with a fan of some sort which can get the air circulating in the room. So far been quite satisfied with this unit.

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Good morning KD, Good to hear that your OAPC10 got you through the Sydney heat wave, if ever you require assistance please contact us. The team at Altise.

Great unit

Went to Harvey Norman where the prices were very competitive. We are very satisfied with the air con which can be moved around the house easily. Installation is easy and instructions make it better. We have it in the bedroom and the sound is fairly quiet and room is cool

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Hi Mike and Nan, Great to hear that you are happy with your purchase and its flexibility. Should you ever need tips or assistance please feel free to contact us. Kind regards the Altise team.