Omo Active

Powder, Liquid, Capsules (See All)
See the Best Laundry Detergents in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Omo? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

• Causes Irritation Yes (2) · No (19)
  • Smell

Sue
SueMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

3 brand new packets have a rancid aromau

I bought the Sensitive packets on special, one from Coles and 2 from Woolies because I loved the fragrance. I was disappointed when I opened the first packet to find that, not only did it not have the fragrance but the aroma was rancid and I could not use them at all.

I recently bought 2 more hoping it would be better but again, they both had the rancid aroma.

There is a date stamp on the bottom and I now wonder if it is a 'use by' date or a 'manufacturer' date as I was rather rudely told by the Coles assistant when I returned the first packet.

Back to Woolies to return the other 2. Very disappointed.

Purchased in for $19.95.

Kay W
Kay WGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

New smell- yuck

This powder used to be great, had a nice fresh smell and worked really well. I have notice that recently it is no longer made in Australia- is now made in Vietnam and since then they have changed the fragrance which is so overpowering that it puts a yuck taste in your mouth just from breathing the scent. We can’t use it anymore.

Ms_Motchy
Ms_MotchyGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Fragrance has changed

I have used Omo Active Powder for a good few years. It does a good job with getting stains off and smells decent, until recently when I purchased my latest box 1 month ago. The original smell has been replaced by a type of artificial perfume which kind of puts us off. I'm really hoping that they'll bring the original scent back.

Purchased in at Coles Supermarkets for $12.

John P.
John P.Sydney, NSW

Terrible for my clothes

I have been using omo for 4 years, and I love their ultimate powder and sensitive liquid detergents. The colour and texture preserve, and they are great on my skin. However, the omo pods had an overpowering smell of perfume, made my clothes feel rough and it faded my super black pants and left it with product sticking to it. It only worked great on my white load, on 30 degrees as it made everything look brand new. I would like to add that I followed the manufacture instructions and I highly recommend to keep the temperature of the load on lower than 40 degrees.

I expected more of this product, the two stars was for making my white clothes super white again.

Dallas M
Dallas MGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

omo = oh-no ...... foul odour :(

Rohallah
RohallahSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

OMO liquid scent is real bad

When I bought the OMO washing liquid I didn't know that it leaves a very bad smell on your clothes, no matter how clean you wash them. The fake perfume in OMO liquid is just so so bad. Won't buy OMO again.

Purchased in at Coles for $36.

Causes Irritation No
FCT
FCTSouth East Queensland, QLD

50% price increase????

I, (along with my mum and 3 sisters) have been using OMO liquid for at least 15 plus years and love the product. My issue is the price - I understand that prices go up but an increase by 50% is absolutely unbelievable. I usually by the 4 litre bottle from Coles or Woolworths for $24 or Big W for $22. Today I went to Coles to find that it has gone up to $36...really?? That is a huge increase that I and a lot of people simply can not afford. Looks like I will have to look for an alternative.

Smell

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

smart-shopping-tips-to-help-you-make-the-most-of-black-friday-sales
Christmas Gift Ideas for Mum

Avleen M.
Avleen M.
christmas-gift-ideas-for-mum

omo active clean

Purchased at Woolworths for $36.

Ali
AliWestern District, VIC

Artificial perfume is highly unpleasant!

Excellent for washing clothes, but won't buy again because of the stench of fake scent. I, along with many people, find these stinking fake perfumes very disagreeable to our health. Research shows that fake scent is unhealthy. Use oils instead for client wellbeing.

LIW
LIWHobart, TAS

Perfection in a capsule!

Purchased in at Coles.

Troy
TroySydney, NSW

Very disappointed. Expensive, smelly and don’t clean properly

Did some research and these were supposed to be the best on the market. What a joke. Leaves a residue on everything ( I can feel it on my hands after hanging clothes up to dry) and the “scent” is overpowering. Yuck. And to top it off, they didn’t clean some minor stains which I would expect to come out. Overpriced and ineffective. Bad combo

Disappointed big time
Disappointed big timeGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Not happy with Omo Active.

The capsules always seem to leave a residue on my clothes. I think it’s the outer skin of the capsule. So I have to rewash everything. They do smell though. Not happy, so back to powder.

Not as good as Cold Power

I got OMO free with my new Bosch Washing machine and it’s harsh on my clothes and linen. Doesn’t measure up to Cold Power at all. My towels and clothes are no where near as soft and clean. I will use my free powder but as soon as it’s gone - I’m back to Cold Power for sure.

Bec3107
Bec3107Goulburn Valley, VIC

New recipe change just does not cut it!

Used to love omo, smelt nice, cleaned well, a good detergent. The recipe change has lead to sudsy detergent that doesn’t clean very well at all and leaves clothes dirty.

Purchased in at Woolworths for $11.

Jaye B
Jaye BGeraldton

Great Product

Clothes always washed well and soft. Use to smell awesome but Omo has changed product fragrance and does not smell as good now. I am going to try some other products to see if there is something better

Purchased in at Woolworths.