Omo Sensitive

Added scent has destroyed the appeal of Omo sensitive - the new formula is NOT for sensitive people

The changed formula for sensitive omo is exactly NOT what the purchasers of a sensitive product want - it now has scent and I need to find another brand. I was a loyal omo sensitive purchaser until now.

Purchased .

Discoloured my brand new manchester

On two occasions I have used this product to clean brand new manchester before first use. The first time I used the capsules to wash brand new expensive towels that were a light blue colour. After washing, the towels were discoloured with faded light patches throughout. After vowing to not use the capsules again, I purchased the sensitive liquid and used it to wash a brand new natural coloured Sheraton linen quilt cover set. I was stunned to see that, again, the material on some parts had discoloured to a patchy grey colour. I was extremely disappointed as this was all brand new, high quality manchester, some of which was given to me as a Christmas present. Will not be buying anything from this range again.

Itchy and disappointed

I have been buying omo sensitive for years. Now our family is very itchy and it is leaving white residue on the clothes..very disappointed will have to change to another brand.

Why change a good thing!

Have used these Sensitive pods for years and loved them particularly for my kids sensitive skin and my sensitive nose/head - now I have to find a new product as the smell is so perfumed it stunk my entire house out for days. I don’t understand why the colour blue needed to be added to a “sensitive” product.

Pure hell for allergies

If you or your family have allergies avoid this stuff.. How it is allowed to be marketed as sensitive and non perfumed is beyond me..don't just take my word for it, read the comments below..

It smells strongly and crysyalises in the soap tray of the washing machine as it seems to fine

Never used anything else for decades but will have to chance due to a nasal condition. I feel cheated by buying it in good faith and finished up having bought a different product. I will have to try to make Woolworth accept a return on the product as we cannot use it.

Go back to the old formula.

This new floral smell is not for sensitive people who are allergic to strong smells. The former sensitive capsules were terrific. Please at least create an option. It is a very strong smell. I'm so disappointed.

Omo Sensitive

After decades using Omo Sensitive because it does not have perfume - to my horror I have found you have started to add perfume
which I am sensitive to. I notice you don't mention this on the box. Unless you go back to the original soap powder we won't be using your product again. Did you think we wouldn't notice???

Why change a winning formula?

Omo Sensitive because my skin reacts to perfumed products. But now it has perfume added, so now my skin itches. Not only that it doesn't even smell very nice, please change back!!

changed the formula

I have been using omo sensitive pods for years with great success. Now my skin is reacting to it and my neck and face are all flared up red hot and painful with eczema. To find another product is a lot of painful time consuming effort as I react to so many others. I have been gratefule to omo sensitive but now it is ruining my life.

Why put a new perfume in the sensitve product?

We have used omo sensitive for as long ad its been available and wouldnt consider using anything else. They have just changed the formula!! With a perfume change. My while family are sneezing and getting headaches from the strong smell!! So disappointed.

Ok though, not as good as expected

Bought this omo sensitive clothes washing liquid as I've got dermatitis . In it went into the washing machine with the clothes and water then out it came relatively clean as it wasn't too dirty however, has a weird smell when wet so might go back to the normal omo clothes washing liquid range.

Does not clean very well

I bought a 5kg box of this to try it out. I am about three-quarters of the way through the box. The problem I have with it is that it just does clean properly. I am a white collar worker so none of my clothes are heavily soiled, yet it is not cleaning them well. For example, my white and coloured sheets both have very noticeable yellow discolourations in them now, pillowcases are the worst. I am using OMO as per their instructions, so I can only assume that it is just not a good quality product. I am going back to Bio-Zet Attack as I never seemed to have this problem when I used that brand. I cannot recommend OMO Sensitive for its cleaning ability.

whitish residue left on fabric

Disappointing result. We switched to OMO SENSITIVE LIQUID and the dark coloured fabrics in the wash had whitish stains as if there was undissolved powder residue left on the fabric.

No smell and cleans the wash (liquid)

We've used Natures Organics Purity for years because it had very little perfume, my husband didn't react to it and it cleaned the clothes. Then they "improved" it. The liquid soap and the conditioner became so smelly that even our daughter said her lips would burn and she suggested this product. More expensive but no perfume and the wash is cleaner.

excellent

I am a old Bio-Zet user and loved it for many years... Omo sensitive powder is great, no scent cleans clothes and I have dirty clothes we are farmers. Please do not change this powder as other company seem to need to do to their's

Omo Sensitive powder - no smell!

This review is for the powder version.

I too switched to this after BioZet added an overpowering scent to their wash powder*. I can confirm that this is completely unscented. It is almost unnerving to take items out and find they have no scent at all - not only no 'perfume' smell but no washing powder type smell either. The first time I used it I thought I must have forgotten to put any in the machine!

So far I have only used it for a couple of washes. It seems fine, but I may be missing BioZet's excellent enzymes in a few weeks. I hope I don't have to go back to scrubbing oily collars with soap or soaking fusty pillowcases for days. It did take yellow curry stains out of a teatowel, so that seems promising on the stain removal side. I will report back in a month or so.

* The five stages of washing powder brand change grief:
This *can't* be BioZet - someone has made a mistake at the factory and tipped in a vat of toilet freshener - I'll buy a packet at another shop and it'll be fine (denial)
How could you do this to me - I have a hamper of stinky clothes and the new formula is just making them stink in another way (anger)
If you change it back, I'll tell everyone in the world how wonderful it is (bargaining)
I'll never have clean clothes again (depression)
Give Omo Sensitive a go, I guess, even though it ain't got no enzymes (acceptance)

Unscented and effective

This is a review for the Omo Sensitive powder. I switched to it after BioZet changed their formulation and added a strong fragrance. I am very happy to report that this is definitely unscented and effective.

Great if you like clean clothes without the perfume

4/5 stars. Why? Well I'll tell you why :P

It has no colours or perfumes so you avoid 2 things :
1 - you can't accidentally stain your clothes if you drip it on them and leave it or simply don't turn your machine on straight away.
2 - your clothes smell very clean but without any fragrance which is great for sensitive skin & sensitive noses!

Dissolves well like all Omo liquids (I don't use powders as they do not dissolve 100% when used in high efficiency front loaders - any machine that uses under 70 litres a wash is what you'd define as high efficiency which means they cannot dissolve hard to dissolve formulas).

If you like to wash in temperatures over 40C you should use something like Omo Sensitive that has no enzymes in it (enzymes are almost completely destroyed in any temp over 40 degrees).

Compared to Omo Ultimate liquid that has enzymes, you probably notice a 15% difference in stain removal performance however ultimate has a strong smell so I prefer to go without the enzymes plus for hygiene reasons like to wash in 60C temps often.

Very disappointed with this product

My family and I normally use OMO Sensitive Pods which we have been very pleased with. Several months ago, I bought a bottle of 'OMO Sensitive Laundry Liquid' and was very surprised at how BAD it was. Our clothes smelled like mold after using it. I washed the same clothes 4 times and each time they came out smelling of mold. My daughter tried it in her washing machine and found the same thing, clothes smelled of mold when finished. Don't know why, very surprising!!!

The blue granules of OMO Active creates a blue stain if it stays longer on the fabric when water is not mixed properly.Is there a way to remove the blue stain?I did use vanish and clorox but the blue spots doesnt come off>

Does omo sensitive contain cobalt?
Have no idea, the labelling should contain all ingredients, my gripe came after the new product was launched. It contained PERFUME!!!! very itchy stuff at that, also smelt very cheap and nasty.it also leaves a amount of powder witch sets like crystal before it clears the soap tray

Why did Omo change their sensitive product and put a strong perfume in it.?? my whole family is sneezing and getting headaches.. why did they do this?
Only the pods are scented - liquid and powder are fragrance freeI don't know if it's just the pods!?! I just opened a new box of Omo sensitive washing powder. First pack I've bought this year. It seems really clearly smelly of a perfume or something very much like one! I had a big 5kg box which lasted me ages. Now I've just put a load on with the new box, sitting here coughing, sneezing, eyes watering, nose dripping and a slight headache. Maybe I just put my nose too close to have a good smell comparing the old box and the new one, but it was definitely smelly whereas the old one smells of nothing, which is perfect! Why o why does the world think 'pretty' smells is a good idea. Aaand, having read the other Q&A's here, I'd better go check that it's not overflowing with suds!

Similar listings