Capsules, Liquid, Powder
See the Best Laundry Detergents in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Omo? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

• Causes Irritation Yes (6) · No (4)
  • Smell

Jodi
JodiNortheast, VIC

Tough on dirt

Purchased in June 2021.

Smell
Vanessa
Vanessa

Not the best

I was using this because I wanted something gentle that worked well. I find this leaves items I’ve washed hard, crispy, and not as clean as when I’ve used cheaper sensitive options. It’s terrible at removing stains compared to others too. I know it’s in scented but this doesn’t even make clothes smell like they have been cleaned.. comes out still smelling dirty

Purchased in March 2021 at Woolworths for $24.00.

Smell

Really disappointed.

I've been relying on omo sensitive for years . But the new sensitive capsules smell very strong and give me headaches. Had to rewash clothes. I'm hoping you can fix this as I want to keep using your products.

Purchased in April 2021.

Smell
Laundry Detergents

NOT Fragrance Free, even though the box says it is

I have used OMO sensitive with the pink band along the top saying Tough on Stains, Gentle on Skin (On right in photo). That was fragrance free, or at least I never noticed it. This week I bought a version with new packaging (left in photo). This new version has a very strong smell even though the box says Fragrance Free. I can smell it all over the house and in my clothes. Very very annoying as I take care to buy fragrance free.

Purchased in May 2021 at Coles for $10.00.

Ewwwwww

I’ve got sensitive skin and absolutely HATE the smell of laundry liquid. It really sets me off!
I recently bought the Omo capsules thinking they were like the regular Omo sensitive liquid which I love cause is has NO fragrance.
Absolutely SO disappointed when I opened the machine be door what I smelt an overpowering smell.
Why market these capsules to sensitivities when they clearly have a strong smell.
Omo... take these off the market immediately and replace with capsules that have. NO smell. Not happy, and will be returning to Coles for a full refund!

Purchased in May 2021 at Coles for $14.00.

Smell

Finally found an amazing product.

I have been using powder washing powder for a long time such as Fab. I have sensitive skin and have never been able to find a decent alternative until now! the Omo capsuals are soooo much better. no messy powder, no white marks anymore, no strong chemically smelling washing powder, The Omo has a lovely clean fresh smell. I love this product so far.

Purchased in April 2021 at Big W for $28.00.

Smell
yuck perfume
yuck perfumeMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Perfume totally overpowering

Have used OMO Sensitive Liquid for years and loved it but recently purchase Sensitive Pods NEVER AGAIN. I am currently soaking yesterdays wash hoping to get rid of the overpowering smell. The pods will be in the next garbage collection.

Purchased in February 2021 at Woolworths Physical store for $10.00.

Blackbird
Blackbird

Caused terrible allergic reaction

I bought this powder because it is apparently for sensitive skin - I wish I'd read the reviews here first! It took about a week, but I developed a rash on my face and generally itchy skin all over. Unfortunately it took me 6 weeks to work out what was causing it, as I figured it couldn't be the detergent because it was for sensitive skin. My face rash is getting better now I've changed detergent, but I'm faced with re-washing everything and waiting for the allergic reaction to calm down.
This product should be removed from the market or reformulated to actually be kind to sensitive skin!

Purchased in February 2020 at Coles.

Tanya R.
Tanya R.South East Queensland, QLD

Formula changed, excessive foaming

Have been using OMO powder for 30 years. When powder was separated for top loaders and front loaders it was OK. Since they combined it, it is not possible to use this product in the front loader due to excess foaming. I am using the same amount of detergent and tried even less but still the same. Must find better 'sensitive' wash brand.

Purchased for $30.00.

annazianna
annaziannaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Terrible itchiness, blobs left on clothes

Didn't fully realise that my terrible itchiness problems were caused by this rubbish until I read the other reviews here. They have improved though certainly not to a satisfactory extent since switching to another big brand but will be looking to buy Bosistos or Euca from now on given the good reviews about them that I have read here. I think it was irresponsible of my washing machine manufacturer to recommend it and will never use it again.

Saoirse
SaoirseMackay

Never been so itchy!!

Have been using OMO sensitive for some time but in the past 12 months I have been terrorised by itching. Could not figure out what was causing it, but it tended to be where clothes touched closely e.g waistband of jeans etc. SO relieved to read these reviews that it is something as simple as being allergic to this stuff. Coming into summer here and my skin looks horrendous from perpetual scratching. Off to the supermarket now to buy an alternative and give my poor skin a break. You'd think I would have realised when the skin on just my hands feels tight from hanging out the washing. Oh well...live and learn!!

Purchased in August 2019 at Woolworths for $10.00.

Will NEVER buy again opened the packet and I'm itching

I have been buying OMO for 40 years - well, no more. Just opened the packet and I am itching all over. There is perfume in this SENSITIVE OMO, and it says gentle on skin. Who would ruin the best product on the Market?

Purchased in April 2019 for $10.00.

Cath
Cath

Added scent has destroyed the appeal of Omo sensitive - the new formula is NOT for sensitive people

The changed formula for sensitive omo is exactly NOT what the purchasers of a sensitive product want - it now has scent and I need to find another brand. I was a loyal omo sensitive purchaser until now.

Purchased in January 2019.

Sam F
Sam FMackay

Discoloured my brand new manchester

On two occasions I have used this product to clean brand new manchester before first use. The first time I used the capsules to wash brand new expensive towels that were a light blue colour. After washing, the towels were discoloured with faded light patches throughout. After vowing to not use the capsules again, I purchased the sensitive liquid and used it to wash a brand new natural coloured Sheraton linen quilt cover set. I was stunned to see that, again, the material on some parts had discoloured to a patchy grey colour. I was extremely disappointed as this was all brand new, high quality manchester, some of which was given to me as a Christmas present. Will not be buying anything from this range again.

Nicolle
NicolleSydney, NSW

Itchy and disappointed

I have been buying omo sensitive for years. Now our family is very itchy and it is leaving white residue on the clothes..very disappointed will have to change to another brand.

Read more reviews - page 2