3Ooni Karu 12

Ooni Karu 12

2 reviews · Statistics

100% · 20%

Brand Manager for Ooni Karu 12? Claim your listing.
See the Best Pizza Ovens in 2024 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Martin
MartinVICGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC15 posts

Fantastic Pizzas

I bought an Ooni Karu about 12 months ago. Very happy with it. Heats up fast, east to use. Just keep adding wood and/or charcoal to keep it at 450c. It's very portable once you remove the chimney and stone plate. We move it between our two houses in 2 sports bags. I keep a plastic tub with short bits of wood and a bag of charcoal at each house. Leather gardening gloves and $2 kitchen tongs are fine for adding the wood/charcoal. I suggest buying a little Butane Gas Torch for fast lighting. You also need to buy a 12in peel and the infrared thermometer. We also got the 12in bamboo peel to prepare and launch the pizzas. You should use a separate chopping board to serve and slice the cooked pizza on.

We love it! Show details

Badunky
BadunkyNSWHunter Region, NSW12 posts

Great design and functionality

It’s compact and portable, easy to light, super efficient with wood, heats up quick, easy to clean and opens you to the world of Ooni, which is full of good recipes and ideas.
It does lose heat quickly when cooking and it can be a hassle finding or preparing wood that is the right size, but those aren’t big issues for me.
Now that I’ve got it, I realise I should have bought one of the bigger Oonis, as we tend to cook 5-6 pizzas at a time and they look like they retain heat better. The Karu 12 is great though and I’m not looking to upgrade anytime soon.
The stone on ours cracked for no apparent reason after about 6 months. The Pizza Oven Store replaced it under warranty. They have provided really great service. Show details