3Optus Wireless Broadband

1.7

Huong Du
Huong DuSouth East Queensland, QLD
  5G Mobile Broadband

The most expensive yet the most unreliable service

Most expensive yet most unreliable service..I've lost count of how many times I've called up. Everytime the reason is that their tower is being fixed. For $82/mth this is the worse service ever.
Shop around. iinet is offering $70/month or TPG is offering $65/month.
Exact same speed ,exact same plan.
Donna Jones
Donna JonesSouth East Queensland, QLD2 posts
Phil MTL
Phil MTL

Just don't

Service drops regularly over past few months and has since become completely unusable. It was never good but has become terrible.
sandwickman123
sandwickman1236 posts

Minus 0 very poor

I used it for about 10 minutes watching a movie on prime using wifi, it kept pausing and error came up. It keeps cutting out so I connected my original modem using the wifi. What garbage tower it is. Dont get it and I see so many negative comments also. Weak tower poor power. I am going to return it asap. What a waste of time.
Mark F.
Mark F.Sydney, NSW32 posts

Do not trust Optus

I live in Eastgardens Sydney NSW, according to Google maps 9.4 km 2 hours and 10 minutes walk from the GPO in Martin Place, Sydney, the centre of Sydney's CBD.
When we moved in I had Optus 5G connected. After 4 years, I was forced to contact Optus, after a long period of slow lousy internet it stopped completely.
I got the internet back but it was still lousy, so while I had the elusive Optus actually on the phone, I asked why it is so bad.
I was told Optus 5G is unavailable at my address!!!!! Can't even tell me since when, probably never was.
Unbelievably they only want to not charge me for the period since I complained.
I have been paying for 5G at an address where 5G is not available for 4 years!!!!!
Sam H.
Sam H.South East Queensland, QLD

Avoid wherever possible

- Very difficult to cancel plan; no options within web portal > requires a manual phone call, to an offshore service centre
- No option to return hardware upon plan cancellation > pay an additional $200 exit fee
- Generally patchy service, not reliable
Vicki8341
Vicki8341Far North Queensland, QLD8 posts
Peter J.
Peter J.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Terrible wifi

Barely works ,drops out all the time or into reboot it's terrible ,peter inverloch vic
Joe W.
Joe W.2 posts

Worst internet choice

I live next to the tower. My peak speed test is 900mb/150mb. But unfortunately I could hardly get a stable connection. It drops out every now and then. I have spent a massive amount of time talking to support. The modem they provided generated heaps of errors.
Optus   DM

Hi Joe. Not good to hear about the experience. Please reach out to our Social Media Team for support @Optus_Help on X and @Optushelp via Facebook and we can look into your issue there - Jim

eadie w.
eadie w.South East Queensland, QLD
  5G Mobile Broadband

Do not get this terrible product

For the last 11 months I have been having to call optus at least twice a week. I am 612 meters from a 5g tower and apparently this is far. My main problem is the Nokia modem shuts off and reboots every 5 minutes. 100s of times a day. Every time I call I have to remove power cable for 30 seconds then factory reset for 10 seconds. I am on my second modem and the same problem. But they happily take my money.

Stay away. My sister had 5g as well and it never provided 5g. They still happily took her money.

Beau Cornerstone
Beau CornerstonePERTH, WA68 posts
  Wireless Broadband
Jyoti Saini
Jyoti Saini4 posts

New scan unveiled

Selling 5G modem, which not at all working. When asked for cancellation asking for device money even I told them them I will post back. I just used one day service which is terrible. Solution gave by agent is”First choose are NBN service, then only we will cancel your 5G services.” Then went to messaging app- another agent said same thing.
DLP0893
DLP0893Sydney, NSW

Constant drop outs

There is a mobile tower 0.5km from my house and multiple more within 2km but it takes 30mins and multiple restarts to load anything. Half my data is probably used reloading things. How can a service be so bad? I get messages saying there are network upgrades but nothing’s been upgraded, it feels more like the network has gotten worse.
Christopher J.
Christopher J.

No internet for 4 days- Why

No download speed / no up load speed. Sick and tied of non existent and no contact from their support team. Always looking into the problem never fixing it. Only been a customer for 26 years. What a joke.
lhc01