3Optus Wireless Broadband

1.8

Amm
AmmQueensland4 posts

Lucky to get 1 star

From April - July, we have been experiencing extremely slow connectivity, and sometimes the internet is inaccessible.
Robert H.
Robert H.South East Queensland, QLD
Rex Xu
Rex XuSouth East Queensland, QLD
Faleh Al
Faleh AlSydney, NSW
  Verified 5G Mobile Broadband

Worst 5G experience?

Unfortunately, this is the worst 5G internet I have ever seen. I'm paying for 100MB/s, but most of the time it's less than 50 and not stable. This is a big deal for gamers because instability leads to lagging and makes it unplayable. Keep in mind that I'm in a 3 years contract, and it has only been 1 month since I signed it, and sometimes I cannot even play social media videos so what 5g is that?!

Edited review:
I don't think it's the worst. I might have been a bit frustrated when I wrote the review because it can be overwhelming when trying to watch a video or open the browser and it takes 5-8 minutes to load or gives a no internet error. I want to note that this issue only occurred twice due to 5G tower maintenance. Show reply

AmandainSurfers
AmandainSurfers23 posts
Avik Mukherjee
Avik MukherjeeSydney, NSW
  5G Mobile Broadband

Slow and false adverting of speed and range

I had a TPG nbn connection which was terrible because the connection was at the entrance of my small 2 bedroom apartment and my Tv in the living room struggled to connect to the wifi. I decided to dump that for Optus 5g which could be placed anywhere and was advertised to deliver 100 mbps of download speeds. Not only do I not go above 25 mbps, but if my wife and I are working from home we cannot use the internet at all. It’s so slow that we have to use our phone hotspot. I called Optus and after an hour of troubleshooting I was advised to go back to NBN‍. Additionally we can never connect to internet when we are in other end of my small apartment. Paying $79 monthly fyi
Mac
MacSydney, NSW27 posts
  Wireless Broadband
aidan
aidan

not good

i suffered through 9 months of this device and i cannot recommend anyone else do the same. wifi runs at a glacial pace and the frequency of dropouts is atrocious. customer service was more concerned with begging me not to cancel than actually helping me address the problem. do not buy this, do not buy from optus
Zen
ZenGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC24 posts

Optus fails again

Optus doing unannounced "maintenance" in most of my area yet again. No internet for a week, seem to be working in ALL towers in my area. Second time at least this year we have been left with no internet. I would have to drive 20kms to get access. Really not good enough and when you phone phone them you ask why there's no connection they 1. Blame your modem, 2. Try and sell you a bee more expensive plan. Only when you get put through to the 3rd or 4th person do they say they are doing maintenance. Last time there was no sign of any activity at the nearest tower.
Optus   DM

Hey Zen, not good to hear about your experience with your Internet service So that we can look into this further, please send us a message on X or Facebook @OptusHelp with your Product Review username and we'll take it from there -Faz.

Andymac81
Andymac81South East Queensland, QLD3 posts
Simon
Simon3 posts

Appalling 5G download speeds

Absolutely appalling speeds. Even though they have failed their customer satisfaction guarantee (official t and c document) with speeds of under 10mb often they are still trying to charge me $448 for a few that doesn't exist.

I live 300m from the tower which makes this even more ridiculous.

Stay away.

Tahira
TahiraSouth East Queensland, QLD

Crap product I don’t recommend

We only use it for tv, barely works ,drops out all the time or into reboot it's terrible. We have to use our data on our phones because the internet is crap. I don’t recommend this product.
Huong Du
Huong DuSouth East Queensland, QLD
  5G Mobile Broadband

The most expensive yet the most unreliable service

Most expensive yet most unreliable service..I've lost count of how many times I've called up. Everytime the reason is that their tower is being fixed. For $82/mth this is the worse service ever. They have on all occasions told us to us our own phone to hot spot. How ridiculous is that. We don't even have unlimited WiFi on our phone network to hot spot.
Shop around. iinet is offering $70/month or TPG is offering $65/month.
Exact same speed ,exact same plan.
Donna Jones
Donna JonesSouth East Queensland, QLD2 posts
Phil MTL
Phil MTL

Just don't

Service drops regularly over past few months and has since become completely unusable. It was never good but has become terrible.