Orion Smart Indoor Security Camera With Grid Connect

• Ease of Installation
  • Connectivity / Reliability
Millsie78
Millsie78Wimmera, VIC

Great little budget camera!

This is very easy to set up with clear instructions. Excellent value for money! The video is clear and great to operate! Love all the features for not much money!

Purchased in May 2021 for $75.00.

NO.CUSTOMER.SERVICE
NO.CUSTOMER.SERVICEPerth, WA

Average but limited.. very entry level

Purchased in April 2021 at Bunnings Warehouse Retail Stores for $43.00.

Argel N.
Argel N.South East Queensland, QLD

About Orion cctv

I rely on this gadget very much coz ,I se this stuff in my friend house,I'm so very amazed how it works,so I decided to have one in my place

Purchased for $43.00.

Wireless Surveillance Systems

Find out how Orion Smart Indoor Security Camera With Grid Connect compares to other Wireless Surveillance Systems

Romenizer
RomenizerAdelaide, South Australia

Fantastic for the price

Purchased in September 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse for $43.50.

Victor M
Victor MSydney Surrounds, NSW

Excellent security camera.

This is a great security camera for the price and was installed as a replacement for a $200 camera which had recently failed after less than two years. The camera was easy to install and set up Grid Connect on my android phone. Excellent value and now looking at installing the door bell camera even though it has to be hard wired.

Purchased at Bunnings Warehouse for $40.00.

Cooin
Cooin

What do people expect for $40. It's a bargain!

Simplest install I have ever had. Picture quality is excellent. If I had spent $500 I would expect more. Like I said for the price it's excellent and a bargain :)

Purchased in May 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse for $39.95.

Melanie N.
Melanie N.Southwest, VIC

Smart indoor camera

I am seriously disappointed in this camera. Someone was getting in through my bedroom window so I bought this camera just to cover me and the first-time I leave someone climbs in but the camera doesn't allow for video recording. Seriously seriously don't buy it. Spend some good money on a great system.

Purchased in February 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse for $39.00.

Fisherman
FishermanPerth, WA

Great camera

I bought x2 of their downloaded AVI player on my android phone can save view all footage very happy with cameras would recommend to everyone looking for a cheap good security camera.

Purchased in November 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $39.99.

Jay
JaySydney, NSW

Cannot save video files, defeats it's purpose :-(

Bought from Bunnings Orion Smart Indoor Security Camera Model Number SC336HA. Got it for cheap $39, but the happy story ends here.

Spent whole day setting up the Grid Connect app on my android phone. The app is not user friendly at all.

The overall product is poorly engineered and feels cheap.

I called the support and they were friendly but ultimately they informed me that I can only watch the video stream on the phone app and there was no way to download video files from the camera.

The camera itself saves the video files in an encrypted format on the SD card which cannot be copied onto a laptop.

DO NOT BUY this product if you plan to save the videos on your laptop or any other device.

Wireless Surveillance Systems

Kirstin j
Kirstin jasked

Orion outdoor Battery issues!! Only bought in November and now battery is losing 10% a day! Any ideas? It’s happening on both cameras we have that we’re purchased at the same time.

Jin
Jinasked

My Security camera is making a chirping noise every few minutes and the app shows it to be "offline" - any suggestions to fix it?

Erin S.
Erin S.

Same! It’s only just started doing it. Curious to see if it’s a firmware thing.

Donna D.
Donna D.asked

I have two cameras set up facing different directions ... one is in color - the other in black & white. I have tried to change the night mode and light mode in the theme section but it still streams in black & white. How can I solve this issue?

See all Orion Smart Indoor Security Camera With Grid Connect questions

With its affordable price of $43.50, it’s easy to see why the Orion Security Grid Connect Smart Indoor Security Camera is popular. You can monitor a room in your house remotely via the Grid Connect smart app, or keep an eye on multiple rooms using multiple cameras.

Features of the Orion Smart Indoor Security Camera With Grid Connect:

• 720p HD Video, which captures footage you can record 24/7 using a micro SD memory card, bought separately
  • Two way audio, which allows this security camera to be used as a baby monitor, too
  • Wi-Fi connectivity
  • Motion detection. You can opt for instant alerts to your phone if you’re out of the house and the built-in sensors detect movement.

Commonly Asked Questions about this product:

Can you connect two phones to one Orion Security Camera?

Yes, you can. To give the other person limited access, get them to download the Grid Connect app on their device, create a new account, then pair with the device. The easiest way to give the other person full access to control the camera is to have them download the app and login using the same details as you, the administrator.

Can you connect multiple cameras around the house to one phone?

Yes, you can, just as would for another additional smart device you’re adding to your Smart Home. You can also group similar devices, to allow you to control them simultaneously.

How do you pair your Orion Security Camera with your smart device using the Grid Connect app?

According to the Grid Connect website, these are the steps you take to pair a security camera with your phone or tablet:

1. Press and hold the reset button on the product.
  2. Tap the ‘ready to pair’ prompt in the app, then confirm your Wi-Fi network and password.
  3. Tap ‘continue.’
  4. The app will generate a QR code. Hold this QR code in front of the camera of the security device you are trying to pair until you hear a beep from the product.
  5. Tap the ‘heard the beep’ prompt.

The device should now be connected.