Ozito PXCLES-018

• Safety

Andy
AndySydney, NSW

Absolutely Dumbfounded

We bought an Ozito PXCLTS-0182 from Bunnings late yesterday. Got it out this morning, to put the Battery on Charge so we could use it. Imagine my surprise to find NO Battery or Charger Unit. I looked the box over and finally found the smallest note advising that it doesn’t come with the unit. You have to Purchase Separately. Why sell a Cordless Line Trimmer without a Battery or Charger. How do the expect you to use it.

Purchased in December 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse Retail Stores.

Great tool.

Purchased in June 2018 at Bunnings Warehouse.

ShaxpierSydney, NSW

Bought For Lawn Edging Next To Paths

Some edges that I never seem to get to that were just looking very messy.

I wanted a quick fix and this thing was a knife through butter in June in Sydney with the soil slightly damp. Blade looks simple and easy to sharpen when the time comes for that but they are sub $15 to just replace anyway. I only used the highest setting as that was enough for what I was looking for.

IMO easy from start to finish with not even a cord to worry about and the normally nuisance and time-consuming job I never really bother with was all done in basically one quick pass.

3AH battery on it and for the 25metres or so I had to do I hardly dented it.

Battery Whipper Snippers

Find out how Ozito PXCLES-018 compares to other Battery Whipper Snippers

joe
joeasked

I noticed Bunnings Sells this Edger Unit but does not sell the 190mm replacement blade .
Where can you purchase a replacement Blade for this unit ? ( Bunnings does not sell a replacement blade)

Shaxpier

Best to go in and ask to make sure exactly right but AFAIK Bunnings do sell it as remember checking the website. All that said the one I have has been used a good few times and still going along just fine. Looking at the blade I could probably sharpen it in due course, and so expect a good few years out of it at presents rates...........AFAIK the blade is "fairly" easily sourced elsewhere as well..........................Bunnings instore is best if any doubt exists.

Shaxpier

Google it and straight up........https://www.bunnings.com.au/ozito-190mm-edger-blade_p0121683...................Check with Bunnings though as no expert, and not actually purchased as feel would likely be one of those superfluous things that sit around for no good reason for me...

Search the item number on the Bunnings website. I/N: 0121683

It should tell you the aisle location for your store.

Don Hasked

Does the Ozito PXCLES-018 have metal blade? I am not interested in a line Whipper Snippers and it must be Battery powered

Shaxpier

Per my photos it's a metal blade and cordless..............Lawn edger.

Don H

Thanks very much for your reply.

I think I have mistaken the Ozito Ident Number I used. I am not looking for a Lawn Edger. I want an Ozito Brand Whipper Snipper which is battery powered and has blades (Not a plastic cord line)

DKT

I believe you’re thinking of the PXCLTK-218.

I have had this unit and it’s not great if I’m honest. I had a lot of issues with the blades and the power switch. It’s still sort of going however I purchased the 36v line trimmer and haven’t looked back.