Ozito SNG-2050

Ozito SNG-2050

See the Best Nail / Staple Guns in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Robbo

Robbo

Ozito SNG-2050 Staple Gun

Purchased in March 2017 at Bunnings Warehouse.

BernieO

BernieOBrisbane

It’s a toy

I have an old Bosch PK14 stapler that no one stocks staples for anymore so they have to be ordered in, they are Bosch specific and of course pricey.

I bought the Ozito as a replacement as the staples are cheaper and readily available.

Pretty disappointed. I was doing some vinyl upholstery work. It couldn’t drive home staples in pine plywood and I had to finish them all with a hammer. I tried some Brad nails into pine and same problem. Ended up finishing the job with a hand stapler. Probably okay for cardboard and corflute but all in all I thought it was pretty useless as a stapler.
I returned it for a refund and ordered Bosch staples and justified the price of them by the performance of the Bosch.

Date PurchasedJul 2018

Not as good as the old version...

I had used a previous Ozito model (slightly different shape) of this staple gun for many years and it was absolutely fantastic. I fired thousands of staples perfectly. Eventually it died and bought this one to replace it. Unfortunately this new model doesn't seem to strike as hard as the old one and the staples are not driven all the way in. Even when stapling into particle board, the staples sit at least 2 mm proud of the surface. The old one would staple dead flush into seasoned hardwood. Will be returning it, but there's no alternative that doesn't involve shelling out serious cash. Might be OK if you were just working with paper, cardboard and foam though.

Date PurchasedJul 2018
John

JohnMelbourne

Nice electric staple gun - highly recommended

Date PurchasedDec 2016