Ozito TBS-2000

See the Best Table Saws in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Not bad, but could be so much better

I've had this table saw for about a couple of months, and whilst I didn't have any delusions of grandeur as to its quality and capability (it IS an Ozito tool after all), I was both surprised at how well it cuts, and disappointed that more care and attention hadn't been given to its design. For $200 for a table saw perhaps I shouldn't complain too much, but $200 is a lot of money to spend on something that doesn't work perfectly.

It cuts well, cuts like a champion in fact. Time after time. The saw in and of itself works fine and I'm sure it will last a while. The issue with this product is, as the other reviewer has stated, the el-cheapo guide fence that only clamps at one end, and the pressed steel table.

The guide fence can be pushed out of alignment when clamped if you are trying to run a large or heavy piece of wood through the saw. Not good enough. It needs to clamp at both ends, and it needs to stay put when clamped. Plus I'm never sure if it is perfectly straight when clamped as there is a degree of play in the guide fence.

Then there's the table top. It looks, and is, really cheap and nasty. It looks like it has been pressed, sand blasted, and then painted - it really is that obvious when you look at it. The extensions will come out of alignment if you pick the saw up by the table to move it (they're bolted on with 2 small bolts each) which means a lot of stuffing around with a spirit level to get it flat again.

Would I buy another? I don't know. If they fixed the guide fence and used a better quality table, then yes, I would.

Date PurchasedAug 2018

Cheap tools

This 2000w Table Saw is poor quality. Has a pressed metal table top. The fence is not full length and is out of square. Is not parallel with the blade. The blade cannot be placed at exactly 90 deg. It's a few degrees off. The mitre gauge is plastic and loose in the slide. I know you get what you pay for, but this is not good enough.... I have since returned the Ozito table saw to Bunnings and they gave me a refund and I bought a Ryobi Table saw.

Date PurchasedSep 2018