Honestly disappointing from such a big company

I got my Panasonic ducted reverse cycle 14 kw system installed by ford& doonan, through my builder, 2018, April 5.During first 6months it exceed my expectation, slowly from the summer we noticed it takes more time to cool, also system take10 to 15 minutes to start, after switching on. This winter heating function doesn’t even work properly. I called Panasonic call centre and they send a technician quickly.
He reported that 3/8 liquid line service valve is leaking need to replaced. It’s terrible experience from $14000 value equipment performing so poorly,

Purchased in April 2018.

Room Type Whole House

Perfect and comfortable

Upgraded after advice from several installers saying my old unit was to small for the area concerned. Glad I took there advice. Nice and cool in summer and warm in winter. Glad I changed.

Purchased in August 2017 at Harvey Norman for $1,200.00.

Room Type Living/Dining Area
Hi Richard, thanks for the review, yes you definitely need the right size air con for the space, the size does need to be right for the application. Glad they were able to help you with the best fit.

cheap to run and very quiet and easy to use,

we wouldnt do without it,as its very good quality and easy to manage,with an excellent remote ,it probably would cover a much bigger area but it in a very large room as it is

Purchased in July 2016 at mooloolabah.

Room Type Living/Dining Area
Hi Cliff, thank you for your positive review on your air conditioner.

Wonderful system...absolutely perfect !

Purchased the Panasonic Ducted 14kw system for our 18 square home, hoping it would be all good. Has exceeded our expectations no end. The five zones within the house keep the temperature perfect at all times and allow us to shut off rooms not needing cooling or heating. Unit is quiet both inside and outside. We opted for the "my place" wifi controller so we can turn the system on and off via an "app" on our phones. When we leave work, just hit the "on" button on the app and 20 mins later when we arrive home house is wonderfully cool (summer) or toasty warm (winter). Suprisingly, we operate mainly on "dry" mode setting for cooling and even here in Victoria it keeps the house wonderfully cool 21 degrees on hot days working at minimal capacity. The unit was so good we recommended to our daughter who has also now installed the same. At last, a product that actually works as it should, is easy and also cheap to run.

Purchased in July 2018 for $13,000.00.

Home Insulation Level Average
Room Type Whole House

Absolutely brillliant

We have owned this unit for six months and have used it through one winter and now into summer. We have a new house which is approx 192 m2 and is well insulated. We have the unit zoned to five areas and we find that we are quite warm enough in our living area with the unit set between 17-19 degrees. With recent hot weather 35+, we set the operating temperature to 25 degrees. The air felt much colder than that. We are careful to only condition the room/s which we are using and so far as I can tell, it appears to be economical with our electricity bill less than we expected. Due to the size of the unit we also don't run the whole house at once and there are not many occasions where we would need to do that either. Most nights cool off enough that we don't need to run the air conditioner into the night. We also have ceiling fans to assist with air movement (this is suggested to amplify the effect of the air conditioner). I researched quite extensively before having this unit installed and I have no regrets about purchasing it. Top product!

Date PurchasedJun 2018
Hi Sewsoau, thank you for taking the time to provide detailed feedback on the operation of your air conditioner, it is great to hear it is serving you so well in this hot summer we are currently having.

Efficient and Cool

I have had this unit for 5 years. The roof unit has been working flawlessly, however the outside unit, 3 months after the 5 year period, decided to stop giving me the cool temp that we were used to. Remembering that we only use it for cooling in the last 5 years we have used it off and on during the 5 summers probably 2 weeks total running time. I got a service company to review the outside unit and without them even taking a panel off the outside unit (which has 2 fans) said that the unit is faulty and I should be looking for a new one. New one? I said I have only used it for 2 weeks running time, over the 5 years. Anyway - dismissed the service tech attitude as nothing more than to try and swindle me for more money on a perfectly working unit that needed some attention. I rang panasonic, and they recommended a service tech in the area. I rang them and they came onsite, took the panel off to inspect the gas lines, and compressor. They found that one of the gas lines - was slightly oily at the connection, (signs of a leak). He tested the pressure for gas and found it had less that 40% gas in the line. So there was a leak at the line, at the connection point. He then went into the roof space and inspected the connections to the indoor fan coiled unit. He noted that these connections in the roof, were free of any oil residue, which mean that there was not leak at the roof end. So he ran a leak test on the outside unit, and returned the following day to test the PSI. He had at the time, slightly tightened the nut at the connection, before performing the leak test. he tested the PSI levels, and then returned the following day to test the PSI levels. Nothing had moved PSI wise and therefore the leak of gas had been resolved. He then cleared the line of all gasses and re-gassed the unit to the appropriate levels. Checked the PSI and checked the running and coolness of the aircon, All was well and a far cry from the initial diagnosis that the unit was a write-off. Therefore be warned.

Date PurchasedAug 2013
Hi HTR, thank you for the feedback and taking the time to provide the feedback on the Authorised Service Agent and their ability to assist you with the repair of your unit.

Early days - so far so good.

This unit is the latest Panasonic Ducted Air system. It is a 12.5kw system with the R32 refrigerant.
This gas is said to be more efficient than the previous gas used and a lot more environmentally friendly.
It also allows the use of a single level Invertor rather than the old double decker invertor - it saves on space in the yard. It is very quiet both inside and outside. It has only been installed a week so I haven’t needed to use it yet. Initial trials reveal that a setting of 22 degrees on a warm setting is too warm on a cool night.
It was recommended that winter setting SB 22deg set on auto and summer setting SB 25 deg set on cool setting. It allows for up to 9 zones which can be individually controlled, some on & some off. Can have the system either on or fully off when not needed - which I like as I ptefer to have doors and windows open when the weather permits. Another great feature is that you can install The MY AIR Control panel. This allows you to control the system from a phone / tablet APP as well as control up to 12 lights in your home from the same APP. This is good if you want to turn lights on and off while you are on holidays or check to see if all lights are off after you leave home. This feature works seamlessly. I can even get lazy and climb into bed and turn the lights / air con on off from my phone / tablet. Can’t wait for summer.

Date PurchasedAug 2018
Hi Southern Roo, thank you for the detailed information on your air conditioner, we hope that you enjoy a nice cool summer with your new air con.

Best thing we have done!

After a lot of research on many different brands of ducted air conditioning, including Daikin, Samsung, Mitsubishi, Fujitsu, and quite a few quotes, we ended up going with the 12.5kw Panasonic reverse cycle ducted. We have only had it for one month so far, but I have been monitoring our electricity usage, and we are now right in the middle of winter and we are very happy with our usage so far. The outdoor unit is not too loud, and the same with the indoor unit in the roof, very happy. We zoned all our rooms and have found that we haven’t really needed to have the bedrooms on as the main area is lovely and warm and the bedrooms don’t feel cold, only on really cold mornings. We run our heating on 20° or 21° depending how cold I’m feeling, and this keeps our house at a comfortable 23°-24°. The fan we have left set to auto as that’s what I read was better for the unit. The house doesn’t take long at all to warm up, even on those freezing mornings/nights. I love the timer, it means I can come home to a warm house, even though it only takes about 10-15 mins to get to temperature. The real test for me will be summer. I don’t like the heat. But I’m pretty sure this unit will be a life saver this coming summer.

Date PurchasedJun 2018

Incredible powerful and economical AC

Living in sub tropical Queensland with plenty of 40 degree/80% humidity days throughout summer we decided to get serious about climate control especially with ever rising power prices.
The complete solution was the Panasonic 14kw inverter ducted system - the largest system which doesn't require 3 phase power supply.
Installation was quick and easy with 1x in roof unit and 1x pad mounted outside unit all installed in a few hours.
This system is quiet, quiet, quiet! and easily keeps our lowset 4 bedroom brick and tile house very cool even on the hottest days. It is efficient too - our summer power bill was less than a third the cost of our previous ducted system - we put it down to firstly the power of the system and to a large degree the inverter technology incorporated in it.
Coming home to a hot home is a thing of the past with the timer controller - we set it to turn on only 20 mins before we arrive home from work as even the hottest house is cooled to our preset 24 degree temp within that time period - amazing!
multiple zoning is very easy to control from the control pad mounted on the wall and there are many other functions such as dehumidify for times when cooling isn't needed.
We are extremely happy with this Panasonic ducted system it really couldn't be better in any way. Bravo! Panasonic.
PS We even got a bonus Panasonic 50 inch lcd high definition television set included just for buying before xmas!

Date PurchasedFeb 2015

Awesome air con - I'm in love!!

We installed a 12.5kW Panasonic ducted air con into our reno, and have been using it for 7mth now. We've seen 2 electricity bills in this time, and we are seriously impressed. We did 2 things- 1. We beefed up our insulation when renovating, included good quality windows. 2. We bought a slightly bigger air con system than was recommended (they suggested the 10kW, for a small amount we could upgrade to the 12.5). It works beautifully, is quiet (no neighbour complaints, despite being very close to a common wall on their master bedroom roof) and seriously economical to run.

We've owned a Daikin ducted system before- despite numerous service calls (we installed it new and lived in the house 7yr), it never performed well and cost $$$$ in Winter, so much so, we'd never turn it on. Have had Actron too- much too noisey for our situation, they are like a plane taking off!

No regrets or complaints here, great system, great ongoing value.

Date PurchasedNov 2016

perfect temperature all year

this air conditioner was installed to existing ducting in february on a high 30 degree day after the installation was completed it took the unit 15 minutes to take the inside temperature from 38 degrees to 20 degrees in a 3 bedroom house it was recommended by the mechanic who had serviced my old unit which had lasted 14 years , Very pleased with its performance efficiency and cost to run .

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

Review for New model S-100PE1R5/U-100PE1R5

This is a review of the latest model panasonic unit. In short it is wonderful, I've only had it for 6 months, and it worked flawlessly in the very hot weather in March, and kept our house toasty warm in winter. The best part is that our power bill is less than from our previous house with a 10 year-old Hitachi unit. Let me qualify this by saying that we've moved to a smaller house, with newer insulation.

Otherwise, the outdoor unit is extremely quiet. It is mounted on the wall just outside our living room, and I can barely hear it when the house is silent.

The indoor unit is also fairly quiet and we often forget that we've left it on.
Quiet, efficient, effective
None that I can think of.

Hi I’ve got a 137m2 of living space and 5 windows facing west is this air conditioner big enough for my house?
Lee, depends on how you use your aircon? If you are only interested in keeping 2 rooms cool all the time, as opposed to 5 rooms kept cool all the time at the same time. Remember to also ask for zoning so that you can control what rooms are cooled - so that your aircon is not unnecessarily cooling rooms and hence overworking.. Make sure you have an installer who understands the zoning and requirements of your cooling needs at home.. Before you commit to an airconIt would be good to cool all rooms think I may have to go bigger wat size would u recommend

I have a panasonic outdoor U-140PE1R5A i would like to know how to clean the out side unit?
Hello Maltese12, I'm unable to offer you advice as my unit is new and I havent needed to yet. I expect that I will get it done at the next serviceI assume based on the size of the Unit, you may have a double fan (top/bottom). Regardless, you will need to make sure that the unit, is free from obstruction all the way around. Make sure that there is plenty of airflow when the unit is operating. The fins that are located all the way around the back and side, need to be clear of any obstructions. There are good videos (youtube) on how to clean external units and keep the fins clear/clean and free from obstruction. Keep the area around the unit free of any dust etc, as this will be swept up in the wind, or while it is operating and get into the fins. Once the fins are blocked you restrict the airflow into the outside unit. Once the restriction of air through the fins are caused - your external unit - will be running in-efficiently. If you want more information please post.

I have a Panasonic S-125PZ2R5 reverse cycle ducted air conditioner set at 23 deg. cooling, after about 1 hour the circuit breaker pops out, why is this?. The unit is 1 month old, the circuit breaker has already been uprated from 15A to 20A, at 15A it popped out every 10 mins. At the moment I can only run it on economy mode as it uses less current but is not so effective.
Hi Jenny, please contact our customer service team on 132600 and our team will assist you.

Panasonic Inverted Ducted S-60PE1R5A / U-60PE1R5A (6.0kW)Panasonic Inverted Ducted S-71PE1R5A / U-71PE1R5A (7.1kW)Panasonic Inverted Ducted S-100PE1R5A / U-100PE1R5A (10.0kW)Panasonic Inverted Ducted S-100PE1R5A / U-100PE1R8A (10.0kW)Panasonic Inverted Ducted S-125PE1R5A / U-125PE1R5A (12.5kW)Panasonic Inverted Ducted S-125PE1R5A / U-125PE1R8A (12.5kW)Panasonic Inverted Ducted S-140PE1R5A / U-140PE1R5A (14.0kW)Panasonic Inverted Ducted S-140PE1R5A / U-140PE1R8A (14.0kW)
CategoryDucted Air ConditionersDucted Air ConditionersDucted Air ConditionersDucted Air ConditionersDucted Air ConditionersDucted Air ConditionersDucted Air ConditionersDucted Air Conditioners
Indoor Unit Width1100mm1100mm1100mm1100mm1100mm1100mm1100mm1100mm