Listing monitored by Panasonic

• Heating / Cooling Speed

David D.
David D.South East Queensland, QLD

Good Product but definitely room for improvement.

Purchased in May 2021 for $11,400.00.

Anthony I.
Anthony I.Sydney Surrounds, NSW

Panasonic 12.5kw,purchased 1& a half year ago from Apollo air,works like a dream,we had a 40 degree summer day,the unit worked effortlessly,also in winter keeps the house nice and warm,low cost on electricity,extremely happy with my purchase

Purchased in October 2019 for $6,400.00.

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Anthony, thank you for taking the time to provide detailed feedback on the operation of your air conditioner, it is great to hear it is serving you so well in this hot summer we are currently having.

MrG
MrGMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

First Summer of use and 12.5KW system seems to work well

Purchased in August 2020.

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi MrG, thank you for taking the time to provide detailed feedback on the operation of your air conditioner, it is great to hear it is serving you so well in this hot summer we are currently having.

Ducted Air Conditioners

Find out how Panasonic Inverted Ducted compares to other Ducted Air Conditioners

Jeremy
JeremyCanberra 2600, ACT

Maintains the house temperature with ease

Purchased in October 2020 for $9,800.00.

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Jeremy, Thank you for the great review I'm sure your going to have many cool summer days and warn winter night from this unit.

scott
scottSouth East Queensland, QLD

Works well But noisy

All in all the unit Panasonic U-140PZ2r5 is good. But the outside unit is very noisy 90% of the time it is running and I turn it off at night just so the neighbors don't complain.

Purchased in August 2020 for $13,000.00.

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

The best kitchen appliances in 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-best-kitchen-appliances-in-2020

Best Fridges and Dishwashers in 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
best-fridges-and-dishwashers-in-2020

Avleen M.
Avleen M.23 July 2021
Omid Jahromi
Omid JahromiSouth East Queensland, QLD

I bought a little AC for my tenant room. I'm happy with overall brand. It runs very quiet and make room pretty cool. I would recommend this product to my friends

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Omid, thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback, we are pleased you are so happy with the air con.

MikePerth, WA

What a load of rubbish

Purchased in February 2014 for $9,000.00.

LozzaPerth, WA

No Recommendation

Our $10,000 Panasonic Air Conditioner with a 5 year warranty failed just 2 months out of warranty. It has therefore cost us $2,000 per year to own this unit. I understand a warranty is a warranty, but 2 months out of a five year warranty for such an expensive item, with no help from Panasonic. I would not recommend buying this brand air conditioner due to lack of customer service. I would have been prepared to pay a nominal sum if Panasonic would entertain it, but they made no such offer.
The model number is U-140PE1R5.

Purchased in December 2014 for $10,340.00.

chris
chrisWestern Australia

worst purchase i have ever made

I've had this unit installed for 2 years and it has never worked. from dodgy install from authorised Panasonic installer to the authorised repairer not knowing what is wrong with it had it checked by 3rd party for size and it is adequate for the space i am trying to cool. i cant run more then 3 zones the master room can't cool during the day. I am now asking Panasonic to repair by replacement to no avail. Will never purchase another Panasonic item again

Purchased in May 2017.

Heating / Cooling Speed

Sajimon
SajimonPerth, WA

Honestly disappointing from such a big company

I got my Panasonic ducted reverse cycle 14 kw system installed by ford& doonan, through my builder, 2018, April 5.During first 6months it exceed my expectation, slowly from the summer we noticed it takes more time to cool, also system take10 to 15 minutes to start, after switching on. This winter heating function doesn’t even work properly. I called Panasonic call centre and they send a technician quickly.
He reported that 3/8 liquid line service valve is leaking need to replaced. It’s terrible experience from $14000 value equipment performing so poorly,

Purchased in April 2018.

Richard SMITH
Richard SMITHPerth, WA

Perfect and comfortable

Upgraded after advice from several installers saying my old unit was to small for the area concerned. Glad I took there advice. Nice and cool in summer and warm in winter. Glad I changed.

Purchased in August 2017 at Harvey Norman for $1,200.00.

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Richard, thanks for the review, yes you definitely need the right size air con for the space, the size does need to be right for the application. Glad they were able to help you with the best fit.

cliff
cliffSouth East Queensland, QLD

cheap to run and very quiet and easy to use,

we wouldnt do without it,as its very good quality and easy to manage,with an excellent remote ,it probably would cover a much bigger area but it in a very large room as it is

Purchased in July 2016 at mooloolabah.

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Cliff, thank you for your positive review on your air conditioner.

Wonderful system...absolutely perfect !

Purchased in July 2018 for $13,000.00.

Sewsoau
SewsoauAdelaide

Absolutely brillliant

Date PurchasedJune 2018
Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Sewsoau, thank you for taking the time to provide detailed feedback on the operation of your air conditioner, it is great to hear it is serving you so well in this hot summer we are currently having.

HTR
HTRmelbourne

Efficient and Cool

Date PurchasedAug 2013
Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi HTR, thank you for the feedback and taking the time to provide the feedback on the Authorised Service Agent and their ability to assist you with the repair of your unit.

Anne McDonaldasked
Inverted Ducted S-125PE1R5A / U-125PE1R8A (12.5kW)

We installed this in our new house in 2015. We have had tenants living in the house for 2 years but now we a\have moved back in. It appears the zones are not as they were. Could the tenants have changed something? I would assume that I would have to get someone in but just wanted to ask the question. Last night it was so cold and we put on the zone that we thought it was and it appears that 2 zones came on together. Weird.

Lozza

Yes, we had that issue with ours. Our unit has always been like that though since we moved in, and we didn't change anything. Could it have always been set up this way and you didn't notice? I've never had it altered or queried it as it didn't bother us.

Anne McDonald

No it was always one zone for media and study and another for the combined living, dining and kitchen area. Will get a technucian yo check it out.

Anne McDonald

Thankyou. My fingers too quick!

Melissa
Melissaasked
Inverted Ducted

Hi, we've recently had the R32 Inverter model U-224PZH2R8 installed and have noticed when we're using the heater setting, cool air comes out of the vents periodically. Is this normal? Why does this happen?

Lozza

That happens with ours too. I think it's when the room air temp has reached the setting you have it on. There may be a setting where u can turn that off.

Dayee A.
Dayee A.asked
Inverted Ducted

What is the difference between U-125PE1R5A and U-125PZ2R5?

Lozza

I don't know the difference between the 2. Maybe the air con company you are dealing with can help you?

Mike

I dont know the difference but I wouldnt bother with Panasonic ducted A/C mine reached just under 6 years and had to be replaced load of rubbish no help from Panasonic I have installed a Daikin much better

Max D.
Max D.

I think one is the compact outdoors with the single fan and the other is the deluxe with 2 fans

See all Panasonic Inverted Ducted questions

Get an answer from our members and Panasonic representatives

Panasonic Inverted Ducted

Panasonic claims their AC Inverter technology automatically regulates room temperature with little fluctuation. 'Inverter technology' refers to a micro computer installed within the AC, which determines the most sutiable operation mode. Combatting air fluctuation is important as it helps to prevent higher electricity bills and inconsistent temperatures.

The compact indoor and outdoor units in this series are able to reverse cycle, producing heated and cooled air, so you can stay comfortable throughout the seasons.

Features:

• Various timers, including on/off timers and sleep mode
  • Wi-Fi operation optional, with separate purchase of a specialised adaptor
  • Voice control via Google Assistant and Amazon Alexa means that you don't even need to pick up the remote or your phone to change the temperature
  • As this Ducted AC isn’t designed with a self-cleaning function, it requires a professional to clean the air conditioner every couple of years to ensure that it’s working at optimal functionality.
Compare all 8 Panasonic Inverted Ducted
CategoryDucted Air ConditionersDucted Air ConditionersDucted Air ConditionersDucted Air Conditioners
Price (RRP) $2,910.00$3,180.00$3,441.00$3,441.00
Features Inverter, Remote Control and Wi-Fi Smart ControlInverter, Remote Control and Wi-Fi Smart ControlInverter, Remote Control and Wi-Fi Smart ControlInverter, Remote Control and Wi-Fi Smart Control
Cooling Power6 kW7.1 kW10 kW10 kW
Heating Power7 kW8 kW11.2 kW11.2 kW
Reverse Cycle YesYesYesYes
Auto Cleaning (Self Cleaning)NoNoNoNo
Cooling Energy Rating 3 stars2.5 stars3 stars
Heating Energy Rating 3 stars3 stars4 stars
Indoor Unit Dimensions 290 x 1100 x 700 mm360 x 1100 x 700 mm360 x 1100 x 700 mm360 x 1100 x 700 mm
Outdoor Unit Dimensions 695 x 875 x 320 mm695 x 875 x 320 mm996 x 980 x 370 mm996 x 980 x 370 mm
Max Indoor Sound Pressure Level43 dB45 dB48 dB48 dB
Max Outdoor Sound Pressure Level48 dB49 dB52 dB52 dB
Operating Temperature for Cooling-10 to +43-10 to +43-10 to +43-10 to +43
Operating Temperature for Heating-15 to +24-15 to +24-15 to +24-15 to +24
Manufacturer Warranty5 year(s)5 year(s)5 year(s)5 year(s)
Compare all 8 Panasonic Inverted Ducted