3.9

• Heating / Cooling Speed
scott

scottSouth East Queensland, QLD

Works well But noisy

All in all the unit Panasonic U-140PZ2r5 is good. But the outside unit is very noisy 90% of the time it is running and I turn it off at night just so the neighbors don't complain.

Purchased in August 2020 for A$13,000.00.

Omid Jahromi

Omid JahromiSouth East Queensland, QLD

Quiet

I bought a little AC for my tenant room. I'm happy with overall brand. It runs very quiet and make room pretty cool. I would recommend this product to my friends

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Omid, thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback, we are pleased you are so happy with the air con.

MikePerth, WA

What a load of rubbish

Purchased in February 2014 for A$9,000.00.

Ducted Air Conditioners

Find out how Panasonic Inverted Ducted compares to other Ducted Air Conditioners

LozzaPerth, WA

No Recommendation

Our $10,000 Panasonic Air Conditioner with a 5 year warranty failed just 2 months out of warranty. It has therefore cost us $2,000 per year to own this unit. I understand a warranty is a warranty, but 2 months out of a five year warranty for such an expensive item, with no help from Panasonic. I would not recommend buying this brand air conditioner due to lack of customer service. I would have been prepared to pay a nominal sum if Panasonic would entertain it, but they made no such offer.
The model number is U-140PE1R5.

Purchased in December 2014 for A$10,340.00.

chris

chrisWestern Australia

worst purchase i have ever made

I've had this unit installed for 2 years and it has never worked. from dodgy install from authorised Panasonic installer to the authorised repairer not knowing what is wrong with it had it checked by 3rd party for size and it is adequate for the space i am trying to cool. i cant run more then 3 zones the master room can't cool during the day. I am now asking Panasonic to repair by replacement to no avail. Will never purchase another Panasonic item again

Purchased in May 2017.

Sajimon

SajimonPerth, WA

Honestly disappointing from such a big company

I got my Panasonic ducted reverse cycle 14 kw system installed by ford& doonan, through my builder, 2018, April 5.During first 6months it exceed my expectation, slowly from the summer we noticed it takes more time to cool, also system take10 to 15 minutes to start, after switching on. This winter heating function doesn’t even work properly. I called Panasonic call centre and they send a technician quickly.
He reported that 3/8 liquid line service valve is leaking need to replaced. It’s terrible experience from $14000 value equipment performing so poorly,

Purchased in April 2018.

Richard SMITH

Richard SMITHPerth, WA

Perfect and comfortable

Upgraded after advice from several installers saying my old unit was to small for the area concerned. Glad I took there advice. Nice and cool in summer and warm in winter. Glad I changed.

Purchased in August 2017 at Harvey Norman for A$1,200.00.

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Richard, thanks for the review, yes you definitely need the right size air con for the space, the size does need to be right for the application. Glad they were able to help you with the best fit.

cliff

cliffSouth East Queensland, QLD

cheap to run and very quiet and easy to use,

we wouldnt do without it,as its very good quality and easy to manage,with an excellent remote ,it probably would cover a much bigger area but it in a very large room as it is

Purchased in July 2016 at mooloolabah.

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Cliff, thank you for your positive review on your air conditioner.

Wonderful system...absolutely perfect !

Purchased in July 2018 for A$13,000.00.

Home Insulation Level Average

Sewsoau

SewsoauAdelaide

Absolutely brillliant

Date PurchasedJun 2018
Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Sewsoau, thank you for taking the time to provide detailed feedback on the operation of your air conditioner, it is great to hear it is serving you so well in this hot summer we are currently having.

HTR

HTRmelbourne

Efficient and Cool

Date PurchasedAug 2013
Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi HTR, thank you for the feedback and taking the time to provide the feedback on the Authorised Service Agent and their ability to assist you with the repair of your unit.

Southern ROO

Southern ROOSussex Inlet

Early days - so far so good.

Date PurchasedAug 2018
Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Southern Roo, thank you for the detailed information on your air conditioner, we hope that you enjoy a nice cool summer with your new air con.

Priscilla

PriscillaAU

Best thing we have done!

Date PurchasedJun 2018
jjacer

jjacerForest Lake

Incredible powerful and economical AC

Date PurchasedFeb 2015
MelN

MelNSydney

Awesome air con - I'm in love!!

Date PurchasedNov 2016

Alan

AlanTempe

perfect temperature all year

this air conditioner was installed to existing ducting in february on a high 30 degree day after the installation was completed it took the unit 15 minutes to take the inside temperature from 38 degrees to 20 degrees in a 3 bedroom house it was recommended by the mechanic who had serviced my old unit which had lasted 14 years , Very pleased with its performance efficiency and cost to run .

Date PurchasedFeb 2017
Gadget man

Gadget manPerth

Review for New model S-100PE1R5/U-100PE1R5

This is a review of the latest model panasonic unit. In short it is wonderful, I've only had it for 6 months, and it worked flawlessly in the very hot weather in March, and kept our house toasty warm in winter. The best part is that our power bill is less than from our previous house with a 10 year-old Hitachi unit. Let me qualify this by saying that we've moved to a smaller house, with newer insulation.

Otherwise, the outdoor unit is extremely quiet. It is mounted on the wall just outside our living room, and I can barely hear it when the house is silent.

The indoor unit is also fairly quiet and we often forget that we've left it on.
Quiet, efficient, effective
None that I can think of.

Anne McDonaldasked

Inverted Ducted S-125PE1R5A / U-125PE1R8A (12.5kW)

We installed this in our new house in 2015. We have had tenants living in the house for 2 years but now we a\have moved back in. It appears the zones are not as they were. Could the tenants have changed something? I would assume that I would have to get someone in but just wanted to ask the question. Last night it was so cold and we put on the zone that we thought it was and it appears that 2 zones came on together. Weird.

Lozza

Yes, we had that issue with ours. Our unit has always been like that though since we moved in, and we didn't change anything. Could it have always been set up this way and you didn't notice? I've never had it altered or queried it as it didn't bother us.

Anne McDonald

No it was always one zone for media and study and another for the combined living, dining and kitchen area. Will get a technucian yo check it out.

Anne McDonald

Thankyou. My fingers too quick!

Melissa

Melissaasked

Inverted Ducted

Hi, we've recently had the R32 Inverter model U-224PZH2R8 installed and have noticed when we're using the heater setting, cool air comes out of the vents periodically. Is this normal? Why does this happen?

Lozza

That happens with ours too. I think it's when the room air temp has reached the setting you have it on. There may be a setting where u can turn that off.

Dayee A.

Dayee A.asked

Inverted Ducted

What is the difference between U-125PE1R5A and U-125PZ2R5?

Lozza

I don't know the difference between the 2. Maybe the air con company you are dealing with can help you?

Mike

I dont know the difference but I wouldnt bother with Panasonic ducted A/C mine reached just under 6 years and had to be replaced load of rubbish no help from Panasonic I have installed a Daikin much better

Get an answer from our members and Panasonic representatives