Panasonic DMR-BWT955GL

MPN: DMRBWT955GL
Listing monitored by Panasonic

201 questions from our users

Di Jasked

I have a Panasonic 3D Blu- ray/ disc recorder DMR-BWT700 recording turning green during playback of recorded programs.

Macdonald
Macdonaldasked

Can the DMR-BWT955GL recorder be changed to multi region?

Steveasked

My TV keeps displaying "LOADING". If I press the Exit button, it disappears for a few seconds. How do I remove it permanently.

Ian A

I'm experiencing the same anomaly, started to investigate then noticed it's not there on 'Playback'...I'll pursue again since you've attracted my attention...

Steve

Thanks, I would really like to get rid of it. Mine only appears when watching live.

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Steve, Maybe give our customer service team a call on 132600 and they will assist you.

John K.
John K.asked

I registered an external hard drive, USB HDD 2TB, to my Panasonic DMR-BWT955. However, after registration the Panasonic DMR-BWT955 seems to kill the external USB HDD. The drive select says "No USB Connected". I could connect the USB HDD to my computer before but not after registering to my Panasonic DMR-BWT955. Cannot trust using another new external USB HDD. This happened to two new external hard drives. Very grateful for some guidance or a solution.

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi John, Best to gave our customer service team a call on 132600 and they will assist you further.

Dianne
Dianneasked

how do i turn my tv off with the remote control. when i presss the tv button nothing happens. my tv stays on .

Stephen
Stephen

Hi Dianne I'm sure you need to program the remote to your tv brand they all have a code hopefully this will help you Dianne

Ian A

Hi, I run mine through an amplifier...this permits me to link: Open/Close the preferred units...

Terry
Terryasked

I have a 955 which worked well for a while. Now, programs recorded on the HDD will not play back. This was an intermittant fault at first, but is now chronic. Is there a fix?
TerryC

Ian A

It's a great player, however it doesn't play/not play if all is well. I would suggest contacting Panasonic Service Dept...

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Terry, please give us a call on 132600 and our customer service team will be able to assist you.

Mal E.
Mal E.asked

how to transfer 955 video recordings to external hard drive

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Mal, best to give our customer service team a call on 132600 and they will assist you.

Mal E.
Mal E.asked

how do I transfer HDD recordings from 955 to external hard drive

Mozasked

After setting and recording a Timer Recording, It still shows as a Timer Recording that is still recording. On the left most column the recording Red Circle is shown.
I cannot delete it, a message says "Cannot delete, Timer recording is in progress".
This recording was made 5 months ago.
I can now only have 2 not 3 recordings made at once.
I cannot change settings "while a recording is in progress"
How can i delete this Timer recording.

Monty
Monty

Have you tried 'watching' the program that is being recorded. Press "stop" & following the prompts i.e. "do you wish to stop recording?" Press "yes". This usually solves the problem for me.
You can also try the following: go to "program check" on the remote. find the 'program' which is being recorded you wish to delete/stop. Hold down the Red button (not the REC button) on the remote until the red circle turns grey & then delete the program. Hope this helps.

Moz

Program was deleted after it was watched months ago.
It was then that i attempted to delete it, 2 other Timer Programmes were able to be deleted.
The red button only greys the clock symbol next to the Red Circle.
The Red Circle is always there, as if a recording is in progress, when it is not.

Other info :
The Space column has a ! in it, the info button provides the following :
Timer recording is not active
! Some part or all of programme may not be recorded.

Thank You for your help, any other ideas Please.

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Moz, please give us a call on 132600 and the team will be able to assist you.

DTWLasked

Can not read or play 4K Blu-ray movies on Panasonic Blu-ray Disc recorder BWT955. Please advise

Ian A

No....the reference to 4K is upscaling to lift the quality...to play 4K video you need Ultra HD, mine is a standalone machine, whereas my recorders are HD with upscaling...
So Blu-Ray is fine, just not 4K. Hope this helps.

Thanks Ian

DTWLasked

The BWT955 will not read / play 4K Blu-ray movies. It's give the following message " Can not read disc". Please advise. Thanks Davy

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi DTWL, for assistance can you please call our customer service team on 132600 and they will assist you.

ernest
ernestasked

how do u make timer on recording to go longer over than ten minutes so get to end of recording program

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Ernest, Please give our customer service team a call on 132600 and they will be able to assist you.

Grateful ACT
Grateful ACTasked

How to remove subtitles from a video. I have tried to use text and stil buttons to get rid of the subtitles however they do not seem to work.

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Grateful ACT, For assistance please call 132600 and our customer service team will be able to help you.

Rgt
Rgtasked

Hi. My panasonic pwt 560 wont perform file conversion. I want to do a shipping condition reset. Does that effect access to usb hard drives? I have 2 registered on the unit.

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Rgt, sorry to hear you are having this problem. Please give our customer service team a call on 132600 for assistance.

Bruce O.
Bruce O.asked

Can this bluray player be converted into region free player ?

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Bruce, Unfortunately not, if you would like to understand why please call our customer service team on 132600 and they can provide a further detailed explanation.

stephen
stephenasked

Will this be an easy swap-over for my Panasonic DMR HWT 250?

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Stephen, please give our customer service team a call on 132600 and they will assist you.

Neil Oasked

My Panasonic DMR-BWT955GL was purchased on 27 November 2020 and generally was performing well.
The only issue I have had with it is playing blu-ray disks (purchased – Region B). From day one it has been difficult to get the device to recognize and play them. I have only succeeded in playing one purchased blu-ray disk. Normal DVDs were playing OK. Today I have tried to play several blu-ray disks (purchased – Region B). At first there was sound but no video. After trying several disks, attempted to reset to shipping status. Now device is not working. When turned on - Hello - Setup – Region Select - NSW/NSW. Cursor can’t be moved – Screen shows DD1. Please help.

Neil O

An hour or so later the reset appears to have completed and the problem may have been resolved.

Ian A

I met a guy while waiting in the computer repair shop...he was having his NEW Panasonic converted to multi-regional...the guy didn't even charge him....

Neil O

Thanks Ian. I'm hoping the issue is resolved.

William
Williamasked

Does the dmr bt955 support blue tooth head phones?

Marty
Martyasked

I've had my DMR-BWT955 for around 3 months.
Often, when I turn it on it freezes on "Hello" and if I attempt to turn off using remote it remains on "Please wait" without turning off unless I disconnect at the power point, wait a few seconds and re-connect.
Also, the volume control on the remote occasionally does not work even though Panasonic sent me a replacement for the original. Marty

Ian A

Hi Marty,...I have zero issues with any of my 3 units of different ages, plus my 4K Blue-Ray disc player.
My units are heavily used and enjoyed, I suggest Panasonic will support their/your unit...

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Mi Marty, Suggest you give our customer service team a call and they will assist you. 132600

Nig...
Nig...asked

Have been using my new Panasonic DMR-BWT955 recorder for a week with no problems except, it does not have a program reminder option? Normally once you are in the program guide and on a channel. One click on the ok button should set a reminder and a second will set the record time. I have checked the option on previous recorders and it’s available, but for some reason it’s not available on the BWT955? Any opinions... cheers

Ian A

Wish I could help, my recorders have the functions to enable future recordings...as why yours doesn't?

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Nig, please give our customer service team a call on 132600 and they will assist you.

Get an answer from our members and Panasonic representatives

Other Set Top Boxes / PVRs / DVRs